• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Some people aren't inspired by watching others overcome ludicrous obstacles when they/we can't even overcome the smallest of roadblocks, that just builds the self-loathing even more.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Rob: Thank you for breaking it down like that. So what do you do when you get in a funk where the self-loathing feeds into itself?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nah man I always appreciate a hand of encouragement.

I mean if there was some help to be gained over a video game message board, I've probably already gotten it.

Edit: There is no self-loathing here and Rob is a ****.

Soran

Smash Ace
nugget. biscuit. sandwich. dip it all in mashed-potatoes.

I'm not sure why anybody would be depressed. I have family shxt going on and I'm pretty happy right now aside from the fact I have family shxt. Working with the best girl in town this weekend so I'm excited : D

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Everyone has their own reasons, whether it's something physical or a mental disorder, you don't have to have the world's greatest sob story to feel down. And tbh people with the mentality "oh well I'm doing ok even tho I have some problems goin' on & stuff" irritate me.

Soran

Smash Ace
I meant it to the people on this board. I'm not sure why they're depressed but as for me... so to speak.

Not, I'M IGNORANT TO ANYBODY'S FEELINGS BUT MY OWN >.>

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Greg pretty much always says those things when he's drunk, so I usually just chalk it up to that.

Whenever I'm feeling down I usually say, "eh, I only live once. Every second I spend moping and *****ing is precious time I've wasted that coulda been spent on nerding."

PortCity

Smash Ace
In other news:

Top 5 IIRC:

1st: MJG
2nd: Zeton
3rd: Ripple
4th: Joker
5th: Hylian
5th: Reflex

Good job Joker...1 step from the money.

I wonder where Bpx placed.

Soran

Smash Ace
guess who's back?

back again.

Jokers back.

tell a friend.

guess who's back.. guess who's back.. guess who's back.. guess who's back...

: P

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Daaang, gg's this weekend. Sorry I found a way to out gay you, Tyser.
Brawl is too good.

How'd everyone else from Iowa place at Kahoka?

BPx

Smash Lord
joker got 4th(lost to reflex/zeton), i got 9th(lost to fae /zeton), colin got 13th(with impressive tourney wins against lvl 9 snake and lvl 9 falco, huge upsets; losing to mjg/me), dustin got 9 or 13(beat rauleen and lil kwanzaa)

BPx

Smash Lord
i beat him the past 2 times we played :( lucas y
fae did really well here, joker stepped it up too.
learned some gimmicks from reflex :D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Thanks guys I think Kahoka was the best I have played in awhile plus 3rd in dubs not bad specially since I haven't teamed with Metal in like ever and him not playing much either >.0

Sadly there was no Marvel T.T

BPx

Smash Lord
AMES ******** TOURNEY #1
1. nom :olimar: :metaknight: :dedede:
2. bpow :luigi: ITS YA BOIIII
3. chris :gnw: :falco: :zelda:
4.connor :zss: :wario: :ike:
4.becca :rob: :snake: :olimar:
4.dave :dedede: :fox: :link:
7. colin :luigi: :sonic: :lucario: :fox:

lolool

I'M THE ONLY PURIST

Kuares

Pizza
Portcity: Heh, those compliments filled with warning. I know I'd love to be flashy like that, just gotta remember not to be dumb about it...

Thanks, oh and I found that teams match I was talking about in the car.

Joker: Don't worry, in about a month people will be back into it. Then you won't have to deal with ___Insert Complaint Here___.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Portcity: Heh, those compliments filled with warning. I know I'd love to be flashy like that, just gotta remember not to be dumb about it...
Yep, the ONLY way to give compliments :-D .. anyway...yeah that teams match is exactly what I'm talking about :) I used to have a problem burning stocks. Especially in tournament. Don't be like me.

Top Bottom