• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
this looks too new to be Dragon ball but they're... in dragon ball land...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LUT8fwHtQ

can somebody tell me what this is? I already know it's epic. what is this Dragon ball series?
Not sure but I think is a remake of Dragon Ball perhaps my favorite of all of them it was more comical plus I grew up with it so yeah.

Also I always thought Goku learning the Kamehameha wave that fast was stupid cause it took Gohan(his grandfather) and Roshi around 50 years to master it but Goku is all like I have a sharingan lol but maybe cause he's a Saiyan but I don't remember them explaining that he was one till DBZ so is like no >.<
So now maybe that's the reason but the same thing goes for Krillin, Yamcha hell I think even Tien learn it too and eventually the Kamehameha wave pretty much became just a regular beam attack.

@Ngamer:This is the vid we where talking about.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AIE-B0g4HQ&feature=related#t=23m52s

@Kudou: This was the vid I was talking about a while back that Kizzu made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99K_VHfuWQE

Soran

Smash Ace
yeah, for sure it's because he's a saiyan : P
I mean, Saiyans are the ultimate warrior race~!

I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS *gets shafted*

resTy

Smash Champion
That clip is from The Path to Power. It's the 4th Dragon Ball movie. It's basically the entire beginning portion of Dragon Ball (start to end of Red Ribbon) with random things that didn't happen thrown in for kicks. Not my favorite movie, mainly because they used gay GT Goku (even though it's not actually GT Goku; just the design), but it isn't bad.

Cook

Smash Master
Honestly, I probably would have finished it, but I moved to Columbia right after I got Poo and by the time I had a chance to get back to it I had forgotten what was going on and stuff. I can't take breaks with games. :urg:

BPx

Smash Lord
inb4chloegivesyouafullsynopsisofeverythingthathappensinearthbound oh and yink so she namesearches iowa's thread lololololol <3

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What's wrong with the PSP port of Tactics? I thought it was awesome...
Port-wise it had a huge amount of slowdown on some effects. After a while I simply just emulated the original PSX version on my PSP just to feel the difference and it played perfectly, which means theres no excuse for the port to have such bad slowdown.

Game-wise, I loved the script changes and new characters, but FFT has always been a pretty easy game and this would probably be a minor nuisance to most but some of those new guns and especially the secret birthday perfume just made it even easier.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Honestly, I probably would have finished it, but I moved to Columbia right after I got Poo and by the time I had a chance to get back to it I had forgotten what was going on and stuff. I can't take breaks with games. :urg:
EB is totally that kind of game too, where if you take a break, you forget a ton of stuff.

inb4chloegivesyouafullsynopsisofeverythingthathappensinearthbound oh and yink so she namesearches iowa's thread lololololol <3
TOO BAD I CHECK THIS THREAD BUT HAVE NOTHING TO SAY foiled again.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Personally I can't. I feel like I forget something either way. He gives you a "you should probably go here" type of thing but the game is sorta sneaky iirc, and if you have something to do before going to the larger place, it doesn't mention it.

I like getting all my free items man, don't want to waste money from my dad phone.

Cook

Smash Master
If I don't remember what's going on in the game I probably don't remember what the Hint House is or where it is. And to further illustrate my point: I don't remember any Hint House or where it might be. Besides, stuff like that doesn't really tell you what's actually going on in the game. Well, except for the thing in FFXIII. That was actually really helpful because it gives you a detailed synopsis of what's happened so far.

@Blank: I didn't really notice the slowdown, but I believe you. I guess I just don't really care about slowdown in a strategy game. You should see how Civ 5 runs on my computer. *shudders*
It was pretty easy, though, I def could have used more of a challenge.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You kinda have to play the original a lot I suppose, it really only just got irksome to me during random skirmishes or grinding. If you just play through the game to play it, its not too bothersome. But then again neither is the entire game that way, unless you just let people go and have completely horrible zodiac compats lol.

I am sad me and Sam never got through Tales of Abyss. :( Stupid moonspeak torrents, Joker we are going to play Graces at your house!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I was thinking, If you have time and the clubhouse is free Se'kou, you think you could host another get together like Labor Day before the holidays hit? November and December seem pretty dead for games. It would be nice to see everyone before that starts.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I was thinking, If you have time and the clubhouse is free Se'kou, you think you could host another get together like Labor Day before the holidays hit? November and December seem pretty dead for games. It would be nice to see everyone before that starts.
Holidays? you mean cause UMvC3 is coming out and you going to spent a lot of time playing that like seriously I think I may quit playing smash for a while an just stick to Ultimate on that note have you seen the new trailers for Phoenix Wright and Nova

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...nd-nova-revealed-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Wright looks silly but dayum he hits pretty hard Nova eh another hover char what's with Marvel and hating the ground >.<
Also the new stage shows a big wanted poster with all the chars from MvC2 and they are either slain or apprehended except for Mega Man which is pretty n00dles but Jin is slain T.T

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wish there were more specific homages to the games rather then just goofy animated poses and gestures.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I have to wonder if this kid is like passed out all day or something. It's impossible to get a hold of him sometimes.

Thought Rob/Brandon were coming over a while ago after the text he sent this morning or whenevs, but he's poofed. :p So, I'm free for games tonight after 8 if anyone will be in the area.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Holidays? you mean cause UMvC3 is coming out and you going to spent a lot of time playing that like seriously I think I may quit playing smash for a while an just stick to Ultimate on that note have you seen the new trailers for Phoenix Wright and Nova

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...nd-nova-revealed-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Wright looks silly but dayum he hits pretty hard Nova eh another hover char what's with Marvel and hating the ground >.<
Also the new stage shows a big wanted poster with all the chars from MvC2 and they are either slain or apprehended except for Mega Man which is pretty n00dles but Jin is slain T.T
Did Phoenix Wright just fire a dodon ray?
Nova looks unoriginal but really good.
The background poster probably means nothing, it's just a throwback to an X-men cover.

At least I hope to god they're not putting Mega Man in.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
This sounds pretty good to m-

Sadness. I'd still go anyway to see the DSM people I haven't seen for awhile (Ames too).

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This sounds pretty good to m-

Sadness. I'd still go anyway to see the DSM people I haven't seen for awhile (Ames too).
I thought you were quitting smash too~

Also Seth Killian elaborated a little more on Phoenix's moveset today. Personally I think its awful and gimmicky. Not sure why they tried so hard to execute something that brings little to no innovation.

He has two stances, and one special power-up stance. You can only look for evidence and cal maya in one stance, and you can do everything else and throw the evidence in the other stance. It brings no real gameplay elements to the character, but pretty much tries to mimic the phases of the actual games. It would be okay except finding evidence is completely random. Not only do they take random amounts of time to find, the evidence you get could be "wrong." This forces you to switch and throw it away if you want to get buffed up. Which doesn't honestly seem all that great, he gets a bunch of big normals and I believe he has an instant overhead that groundslams. Other then that he does a bunch of damage and has some awkward zoning tools that don't really make much sense...

Nova has 8way airdash, TvC red-life scaling, and a bunch of his stuff looks safe as ****. Not to mention Aegis Reflector. Pretty cool I guess.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If it's to see you guys, whom I haven't in a LONG time I'd rather show up for friendlies.

Soran

Smash Ace
THANKS TYSER!

I'm going to find that movie now. I honestly find it nice. I like GT Kid Goku. it at least looks nice to me. I know people hate GT and everything it stands for and I agree with them. But I do like the idea of Omega shenron and how Goku looks. But yeah, terrible, terrible series. just awful and contradicts DBZ and it's like, what? that didn't happen? (talking about 18's bluff to super 17) especially if you've seen history of trunks.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
His supers do more damage based on his red-life ala TvC baroque cancels. He also apparently has a super with many active frames that keeps opponents pinned down. Not sure if you are able to pushblock during it, but you could probably DHC to stop pushblocking.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Depressed. Just let to let you guys know. I hide a lot of things.
This is me all the time. Except instead of hiding it I rage at people. D:<

Just don't go drinking it off. You can wait until the economy tanks with the rest of us and then we'll adopt shelter together in the slums Midgar style.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Depressed. Just let to let you guys know. I hide a lot of things.
This is me all the time. Except instead of hiding it I rage at people. D:<

Just don't go drinking it off. You can wait until the economy tanks with the rest of us and then we'll adopt shelter together in the slums Midgar style.
Let's all be depressed together! It'll be fun. Wait...

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Twink;

I know we were going to team at Kahoka (through Bpow), but FAE is going now, and I asked him first...and he's going pretty much so we can team, I believe. Just letting you know that I'm going to be with him since I asked him first, he just responded late...sorry for any confusion :(

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg and Blank: No reason to be depressed man. If you have 2 legs and 2 arms, and all the rest of your body parts, there isn't too much to be sad about. Check this guy out... if he can smile ... I'm sure we all can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPmY4nIjVE (Nick Vujicic's Story)

Also, sure, I'll set something up for late October early November at the clubhouse.

@Joker: Brandon and I will hold down the brawl fort while you take a break.

Soran

Smash Ace
always a great story, Pcity.

Idk how I got over depression... I think it was a certain relationship I was in... yeah. that was it : P

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Greg and Blank: No reason to be depressed man. If you have 2 legs and 2 arms, and all the rest of your body parts, there isn't too much to be sad about. Check this guy out... if he can smile ... I'm sure we all can.

Also, sure, I'll set something up for late October early November at the clubhouse.

Yeah like I said.

We're all going to get hit by hyper inflation together, and thats all that matters!

I can't wait to get home.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thought Rob/Brandon were coming over a while ago after the text he sent this morning or whenevs, but he's poofed. :p So, I'm free for games tonight after 8 if anyone will be in the area.
Yeah I thought we were gonna come over but crazy things happen when you party naked :/

Actually if I had known you had games I would have tried and came over.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace

I'm pretty sure that isn't helping anyone, but ok.

Top Bottom