• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
1. No I don't you half-***** piece of decaying horse ****!
2. If I did, it would only be because you never give me the slightest bit of a challenge in any game worth ANYTHING!

... yes, I made an account just to say that!
Welcome to the Iowa thread. Where you release all the salt and troll for life. :laugh:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
1. No I don't you half-***** piece of decaying horse ****!
2. If I did, it would only be because you never give me the slightest bit of a challenge in any game worth ANYTHING!

... yes, I made an account just to say that!
You're not supposed to read this thread. Go back to grinding DFO!

Also we can go in hard for new Melty, so get at me then.

pbj_mixxa

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Iowa thread. Where you release all the salt and troll for life. :laugh:
I went out of my way to post here coz, once again, my name was mentioned in a negative manner... yep, I feel the luv!

You're not supposed to read this thread. Go back to grinding DFO!

Also we can go in hard for new Melty, so get at me then.
Haven't touched the game in 2 months, smartass. Caffrin owns my soul now.

... wait, why am I even talking to you? You're dead to me.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Playing MMO's doesn't carry negative connotations. Now decaying horse **** on the other hand...

Damn, this would be a good time to post that Anime Iowa pic of the Catherine cosplay. And I mean, I don't see your presence on the internet(And when I do its usually volatile) so what am I supposed to talk about? :V

I got nothin but luv for you man, but life hit me at the time Chicago Heart was coming up so that kinda sucked. I wanted to rep with you.

On that subject, when I get back I'm going to have to go back to Christians(if possible), move to Omaha(This has potential), or exhaust my out of state options and end up with family in GA.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Blank if you moved to Omaha I'd probably play a bunch of bad fighters against you including brawl and crazy loli's I've never heard of because I quit caring about non-mega man games since 2004.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wherever I'm going its temporary. I expect to repay my debts though.

If I moved to Omaha it'd be with Donald. Magic games don't tend to be very loud which is nice...

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
I watched 8 episodes of the pilaf saga, couldnt fall asleep. I love going to class with an hour of sleep.

:phone:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
For those who heard me talking about how Virgil was going to turn out I facking call it they pretty much have all the moves I mention and done pretty much I expected ^.^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AE_o6LDwfk&feature=feedu

Uli will probably remember it the most cause he was the one I was talking about recently about it lol also notice that it looks like to do his Lv3 you need to be in Demon Trigger since after he does it even after having about half DT time left he undoes it when finishing his Lv3 but his DT it also last longer then Dantes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPriEHpNNc

^Around the 1:09 mark you get to see the thing I mention about his Summon Swords where it surrounds him but you can shot them one by one if you want too also if you watch the whole vid Virgil you can see him swinging and a ball of slashes appear oh it seems all of his moves get a bigger hit box in DT called it by the way he has this super that looks a lot like Karas where you see slashes all around plus it seems too add a soft knock down so DHC to Dante v(^_^)v

On the other hand Iron Fist is looking pretty good too he's like a mix of Fei Long and Jam from Guilty Gear I mean his Lv3 is the 1 inch fist which is Fei's counter super in SF4 and he can charge his fist or kicks in between combos a lot like Jam <(^.^<)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHklgGaIlsM

Also I think this is before Tokyo Game Show so we may see more about them this week >.<

Soran

Smash Ace
Virgil is sweet. I mean, I've said he was like Dante with less style-cancelling. I still agree.

But doesn't mean I don't appreciate him.

Capcom is lazy besides their work on EXVS (and any possible other that I do not know of. SF? etc). Even then it's pretty lazy xP I think my love for that game is just so extreme (no pun intended) that I see less badness. I mean, I see all the things that could be better but I still accept them for what they are and will enjoy them just as much as I did the predecessor.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Ryu and Akuma are clones Vergil and Dante only have a few of the same moves like his dive kick, air S, Stinger, Teleport and his DT. Now his dive kick it looks the same as Dante, his air S seems to always drop in front of you unlike Dante where it will spike them away from you unless in a corner, Stinger seems the same but don't think you need to bold cancel it since it seems he can teleport if it hits kinda like Wesker, with his teleport he seems to be able to cancel most of his move into a teleport but I think is set like this uppercut move he cancels to a teleport that takes him to the ground same with this dual kick and as for his Devil Trigger Dante's increase his speed and attack by a bit I'm pretty sure the same goes for Vergil but his last longer but it also increases the hit box of some of his moves around twice the size also it seems his DT is requiered to use his Lv.3 so that alone makes it a Lv.4 hyper since he too doesn't build meter when DT.

Soran

Smash Ace
I never said anything about a clone xP

I just said they're alike. It also doesn't mean it's not appropriate. They play alike in DMC3 anyway. I'm just glad he uses Yamato for more than 2 hits sheathed and one unsheathed slash.

I love Virgil's sword clone super. w/e it's called, it looks sweet. I remember the ol' kail DMC3 combo vid and that was sweet. kail is a god at DMC anyway.

Not familiar with kail? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k

THuGz

Smash Lord
Jowii...? ILY :D

PS: Everyone in Iowa, tell me if you want to mm in melee. So far I have...

Greg
Chris
CBK
NGamer
Twink
Joker
Anyone who wants to

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I love Virgil's sword clone super. w/e it's called, it looks sweet. I remember the ol' kail DMC3 combo vid and that was sweet. kail is a god at DMC anyway.

Not familiar with kail? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k
If it's the blue swords that spin around him they are called Summoned Swords. Also lol a while back when I was talking to Ngamer and Jayford about Vergil I linked the same vid to give them an idea of how Vergil will be and with how good of a job they did with Dante this vid was a really good reference specially cause the combos he does there he pretty much does in Ultimate actually watching this vid again I already thinking of some possible combos 0.0

I was kinda hoping they gave him the Force Edge which I guess he doesn't really need it but if anything he should have used it on his Lv.4

Fun fact the Force Edge is the sword Dante uses when you use his alternate outfit since it originally belong to their father and that's what his alternative outfit is suppose to be also is the same sword Trish uses however Dante uses the seal one while Trish uses the awaken form of it and while in that subject Wesker's 4th outfit is Vergil's which is funny cause they took it off in Ultimate and gave them a green one based of Gambit <(^.^<)

IMPORTANT

Anyways so I'm having a biweekly this week who's all coming also Rob since is a biweekly and more time then others is just a get together I don't care if there's Melee since I don't need as much space as would on a Monthly.

Soran

Smash Ace
If ngamer goes and is willing to give me a ride I could request for someone to cover work for me this weekend. Hmm...

my life is coming full circle now. well.. the part with me actually growing up. I'll soon be able to drive and hopefully I can find a good enough car for a good price so I can drive myself to places. well, I never travel alone. But yeah, I could give ngamer rides ^o^

Kuares

Pizza
Soooo... is THIS the Iowa thread? <_<
Yeah, we used to have a contact at Cornell but he moved out. Still though, you should come by here more often.

Anyways so I'm having a biweekly this week who's all coming also Rob since is a biweekly and more time then others is just a get together I don't care if there's Melee since I don't need as much space as would on a Monthly.
I'd like to know the specifics like start time and... end times. Dr. Slash wanted to do games this weekend so I guess that means no going home this weekend(?).

All that's needed is a ride for both of us there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
PS: Everyone in Iowa, tell me if you want to mm in melee.
Yo.

I'd like to know the specifics like start time and... end times. Dr. Slash wanted to do games this weekend so I guess that means no going home this weekend(?).

All that's needed is a ride for both of us there.
Well people can start showing up sometime after noon and we can keep playing till around midnight so yeah as for a ride I assume Brandon and Colin will be coming down so you can ask them for a ride o.0

zebra

Smash Cadet
IMPORTANT

When/Where is this and can anyone come and is this what everyone is talking about?

Soran

Smash Ace
thanks for the heads-up, ngamer. I have work that day anyway / :

like I said, weeks in advance. like, 2-3 weeks for any hope of me having a chance. you aren't having anything at the end of the month, are you? now is the perfect time for me to request off. I just remember you talking about an end of the month deal.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Soo do you guys play real games like Melee or just Brawl or something? Is there an entry fee/Is this a smashfest or a tournament/Are there teams/Why am I asking so many questions?
lol but we mostly play Brawl unless if Nebraska shows up in which case we get a set up for Melee otherwise I don't bother with it, there's no entry fee and if we have enough people we do a small tourney for like $5 now I assume you prefer Melee in which case we will probably only get like 4-5 people maybe but on the Monthly there's no Melee just Brawl and Marvel. But like I mention before my Biweeklys turn out to be more of a smashfest or we have silly tourneys like low tiers or Items on >.0

zebra

Smash Cadet
lol but we mostly play Brawl unless if Nebraska shows up in which case we get a set up for Melee otherwise I don't bother with it, there's no entry fee and if we have enough people we do a small tourney for like $5 now I assume you prefer Melee in which case we will probably only get like 4-5 people maybe but on the Monthly there's no Melee just Brawl and Marvel.
Iowa smash, you have failed me.

Top Bottom