• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey, BPx if you decide to go the game tomorrow. I'll be in the NE corner of the stadium at the very top under the scoreboard.

Go Hawks and cover this 13.5 point spread so I can make some money. :O

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Its more tense then the average SRPG which is basically just glorified rock paper scissors or a grindfest./QUOTE]

I realize that most people weren't fortunate enough to own, let alone play, Dragon Force or Shining Force 3 (both saturn games) but those SRPG games are amazing and the former requires A LOT of smarts/skill. My copy of DF got stolen but I have SF3 still.

Soran

Smash Ace
I like KH.......... it is... meh... very frustrating when you don't know what to do. KHII is the first KH I got into and it was fun and Sora looks like a beast and all.

MGS3=so good.

and DW: Gundam 2. so. good. S.Freedom all-day. until I unlock Nu.
Gundam is my cheese to my cheese.

Gundam Extreme Vs. Sept. 22nd IwanttogotoatleastCHQifnotthenearestLovegety.
I have Next Plus ; ) if anybody has a psp, import GvGNP. it's so awesome.

Edge

Smash Rookie
KH > KH2, though KH2 did have its moments and cool dudes. The entire series has always been kiddy to some degree, though. I give them kudos for making it as serious as they did, with Goofy and Donald being your lackies and all.

If you kids want a REAL game, Silent Hill franchise is boss. Or if anyone has no life and is mad good with video games, try Siren (glonthatoneyo)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
anything goin down saturday or something? i wanna hangout with some ppl
Remember there is some smash going on at mount mercy tonight if you are bored and in the area. Starting at 6:00
We could go to this how many people are showing to this and will CBK will want to go o.0
Otherwise you know I'm always up for games I'm pretty sure Skizm will show up if people do so yeah ^.^

If you kids want a REAL game, Metal Gear franchise is boss.
Fix.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
KH > KH2, though KH2 did have its moments and cool dudes. The entire series has always been kiddy to some degree, though. I give them kudos for making it as serious as they did, with Goofy and Donald being your lackies and all.
KH was, in a word, frustrating. Frustrating camera, frustrating difficulty, frustrating design choices. The game simply wasn't that fun to play, its worlds and story were its saving graces.

KH2 was a VAST improvement IMO. The gameplay was so vastly improved and streamlined that it made me never want to go back to the clunkiness that was the original. The story was better too. The best one I've played, although I've heard that BBS is better.

If you kids want a REAL game, Silent Hill franchise is boss. Or if anyone has no life and is mad good with video games, try Siren (glonthatoneyo)
Mega Man.

Edge

Smash Rookie
KH2 was a VAST improvement IMO. The gameplay was so vastly improved and streamlined that it made me never want to go back to the clunkiness that was the original.
I'll give you the story being better--in parts, though lots of it was full of WTF and cliche/confusing.. but I seem to remember a whole lot of, what, triangle mashing? Let's run around and slash things with our sword until the magical button that does auto-combos appears. I just enjoyed KH more in general, it was simple but fun, with a good ending that went on the list of "baww" and adorable.

Alternatively, KH2 ending was a nightmare. How long was the last fight? I'm pretty sure it was multiple battles of crap and poop and went on forever. Man, I hated that. Also, the beginning was crap and poop too. The whole deal in Twilight Town or whatever with Roxas was droning and took forever/was hella boring.

@Joker: Hah, you got me. MGS ftw.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
We could go to this how many people are showing to this and will CBK will want to go o.0
Otherwise you know I'm always up for games I'm pretty sure Skizm will show up if people do so yeah ^.^
that drive would be about 2-2.5 hour just to get there and im not willing to drive nor sit in a car to go since im lazy games. if there's games here in good old DSM then im up for anything. if not then i'll just chill tonight and download all of BoA's music i guess

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Or if anyone has no life and is mad good with video games, try Mega Man.
Psh, thanks for in-slutting me. I got good at Mega Man because it was one of two-four gaming options between the age of 1-5. Then I got Mega Man 2, Mario 2 and LOZ. Life was better. Then Mega Man 9 made me fail a semester of college. Thank God Mega Man 10 wasn't as good or I would probably have stopped eating.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice

Fix.
It was a good night of smash, but relatively small (me, ngamer, QRS, and a friend of mine from Cornell).

Soran

Smash Ace
Haven't hung out with my girlfriend in two whole days.
I feel like an absolute jerk off.
when you get back together it's going to be electric.

was it electric o.O?

I'm playing through MGS3 again.

this time: NORMAL DIFFICULTY! my first time going anything above Very Easy.
I hope I can do it with no alerts. I did that in my second playthrough and it turned out to be suck. because I had this awesome stealth camo but idiots to use it on.

I<3Olive Drab+Zombie facepaint.

Kuares

Pizza
Whyyyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbX8ZYGdtFI

Whyyyy Bombsoldier, why do you play bad games? D: First BlazBlue now this.
Through all the McDonalds remimixes, Doom mods, crazy pianists, flash videos and memes, I decided that I really hated Touhou for everything it was worth. Now knowing what you just said, I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

It was a good night of smash, but relatively small (me, ngamer, QRS, and a friend of mine from Cornell).
Don't forget a few people from Mt mercy who left after you one game(I'm going to talk to them about that). Your friend just needs to do faster attacks and less dash attack and I need to stop reflecting Yoshi's eggs :laugh:.

Hey Soran, how was the R.A.V.E?

PortCity

Smash Ace
Don't mean to double post, but I wanted to inquire about that venue up in Ames. Wondering if we could ever get that again. Would it really be open for games on Thursdays? I remember Sekou said something about that.

It'd just be nice to know in-case we want to get gatherings started. Plus I know a friend who'd proly come for MALTY BURODO who lives up there, and its just a nice place overall.

If Sekou doesn't see this I guess I'll PM him, but it'd be pretty sweet to have another place for games and whatnot.
Just wanted to make sure you saw this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, If you guys tell me Tuesday or Wednesday, I can stop by the office and reserve the place, and we can chill there on Thursdays. I have no problem with that. Also I probably will stop by joker's place at 3:30-4 ish.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So whens the next Thursday people would be up for games in Ames?

Ngamer and me wanted to get this stuff together for an SRK meet-up but of course its a pretty good place to chill for us too. And I have no ride otherwise so. D:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I got my car back so I could occasionally make Iowa game night so long as people show up...wait, I could play Joker for 10 hours straight probably. NVM <3 It doesn't even have to be for money, mostly because I don't think I can win...yet...

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
OKAY!!!! joker i just watched the pokemon match with greg and locke...and the song you chose is the japanese girl group i listen too..LOL i was just like WAIT i know this song..lol nice choice of song thats all i have to say....OH and SC2 too good...^_^v

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So how does next thursday for games sound to you guys and who would be willing to drive up?

Also Sekou me and Ngamer want to know if you have Chu Chu Rocket for your Dreamcast. That'd be the best!

resTy

Smash Champion
Next time I creep, I need moar friendlies with everyone in Brawl.
Need to get rid of my bad habits before Brainshock comes around.
I don't wanna get dead last and just be "that one Dedede who sucked ass and lost."

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I did before I got robbed. I don't think I can make games next thursday because I'll be going to SLAST on friday/saturday, but I might be down to go out there sometime before the 25th.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Also Joker girls are sending me clothes over the internet and want pics back I'm dressing up at your house k. xD

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS?

resTy

Smash Champion
Aura's just got canceled lol.
I prob won't be at his tourney since I'm busy all October.
Des Moines can still get housing from me though.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Aura's just got canceled lol.
I prob won't be at his tourney since I'm busy all October.
Des Moines can still get housing from me though.
**** ain't canceled, just needs to be postponed cause something just came up today that lasts the whole day. 16th of October is prolly gonna be the new date.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Any luck on those matches Pcity?
Trent: I'll fool around with it a lil later this week. Kinda busy :-(
I was going to say you can borrow my DVD recorder and play the vids and use your capture card that should work of course when you get some time >.0

OKAY!!!! joker i just watched the pokemon match with greg and locke...and the song you chose is the japanese girl group i listen too..LOL i was just like WAIT i know this song..lol nice choice of song thats all i have to say....OH and SC2 too good...^_^v
Lol I figure one of you guys will know about it specially cause it was on Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan(Elite Beat Agents except better) at least that's where I heard it first ^.^

Also Joker girls are sending me clothes over the internet and want pics back I'm dressing up at your house k. xD

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS?
Like a roll of quarters down my pants XP

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Random fact: Heatran overthrew Scizor as the best Pokemon in OU o.O

I guess I havent been playing Pokemon enough recently (not like I can atm)

resTy

Smash Champion
Hey, Anthony! I finally got to the "Max" part of Insanity.
It's taken me forever because Imma hella slacker; you know me :')
But yeah, it's brutal just like you said. Jesus M. F. Christ!

Top Bottom