• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
Bone those sigs are too good. You should combine the seizure one with the doritos except the bag needs to be exploding in cheesy deliciousness.
Also Daft Punk is too good.

I honestly don't care about the Meta Knight ban, I pretty much only play him in teams if we want to do gay C4 grab insta-kill shenanigans.

Also if anyone wants to ride with Joker and I to the MO tourney you should say something because I can fit like 2-3 more people into my car.
i might be able to go to the MO tourney, what day is it on? how long will it last etc. i have work and only get fridays and saturdays off and i gotta talk with the GF first =/ but hopefully i can go.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
But if Joker decides to ban MK at his tournies, we can all just do what we did when Snake was the best, play Snake.

As a Sonic nerd, I leave this here

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=P8IxgooL480&fmt=18
I won't banned him in my tourneys yet, unless the SBR says otherwise, like just testing the banned, but as far as picking Snake up, that will be fine but you would soon notice that he actually has bad match ups, unlike MK, is just that with him out of the picture there will be more varsity, like Overswarm who's the best R.O.B in the MW said why bother learning R.O.B when I can just play MK who's just a better char all around, and is why most pro players switch to MK cause he wins. DSF, Azen, and some other(can't remember) switch to him for that reason, which by the way they're for banning him. Now you may say, if they want to win won't they just pick Snake, not really, since Azen's Lucario fought on equal grounds with Snakes(like DSF) same goes for Chilling and Chu. See Snake can actually lose to some of the low tier char, since the reason why most of us pick the chars we do is cus we like that char, which is why i play mostly Link and Marth in Melee and Snake in Brawl, but if Snake was in Melee like he was suppose too, that be all I play, if he was on Melee that is.

Anywas, that was the reason it made me play Melee, even though I know I'll if not lose most of the time, but I kept playing it cause of Link, so when I played against the NE guys(who in my book are the best Melee players) and came close to beat them with Link, it made me play the game even more.

So the point I'm trying to make is that if MK gets banned, then everyone will pick any char they want and actually have a chance, other than just completely lose to MK and discourage them from playing, and is not that we don't want to deal with it, is just that you can't, instead you have ppl figuring more stuff for MK, why cause thats all everyone plays and nobody likes that, would you, let's say everyone play Fox in Melee like he was the MK of Melee, everyone will be thinking the same thing, but instead he actually loses to the other chars of the game(Melee).

So thats my reasons to want to banned him, as for the new Sonic game. Turning into a wolf-best like thing, I liked it better when it was called Twilight Princess XP

Also made my self a new sig, which one should I use?

Or my favorite Doritos
The Mexican in me says Doritos.

And i'm going to be hosting brawl at my place on Friday night around 6
We should show up to this Skizm, get some games before MO, also If Jlo is going you should bring your SD card ;3

Also if anyone wants to ride with Joker and I to the MO tourney you should say something because I can fit like 2-3 more people into my car.
Don't forget Bone, he wants to come along in this one.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah, i'd go either way with the MK ban, honestly i've fought him so many times, since he's razors main i know his tricks and he doesn't bother me too much, not saying he's easy, my peach always comes very close, but i think i've only actually won a 2 out of 3 maybe 1 time. i probably have more trouble with snakes and diddys. but i think my new and improved peach should do pretty well at the next tourney, meta or not. im workin on getting the best peach in iowa. and playing smeesh and actually beating him really made me want to play her even more. i think i got a shot.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey bone, let me see if i have this right, the games u wanted were

1. super robot taisen alpha 2
2. super robot taisen alpha 3
3. ???????????????

for the Another Century's game that u wanted, there r episode 1, 2, and 3. which ones do u want?

just let me kno so i kno which one to download or if i have to download them all

and joker, the games that u wanted, i cant remember what u wanted when we were at love's house, this is what i have so far

1. Front Mission 3 (done)
2. Front Mission 4 (done)
3. silent hill origins (still downloading)
4. InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask (havent started)
5. ???????????????????

i think that there was another game that im forgetting. so let me kno if there is anything else that u wanted me to get for u or bone

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
the sonic game is almost garaunteed to be terrible, nothing after sonic 3 was any good at all and never will be. he even sucks in brawl >.> <.< don't kill me sonic mains, i just think he sucks ok? deal with it, ganon for god tier.
I think Im getting unleashed just because Im bored with playing brawl on my own and sick of my ds wifi bitching out on me all the time.

I liked the Sonic Adventures a little more than the Gensis games. Sonic Adventures were too good since they had chao. They need to come out with a chao game with wifi. And Sonic does suck in brawl, not gonna lie. Im just a fanboy that wants to have fun playing the character I like in a game that's......not as good as melee :(

and Dusknoir counters Blissey? I must not know how to use dusknoir then.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Razor's opinions on the MK ban....

Well I did indeed say that I wasn't going to play meta anymore at tourneys, but unfortunately I have played brawl maybe three times since the last tourney :( so no other characters are ready for action yet....

But I still plan on moving on to different characters. The only issue I have with leaving metaknight before the ban is that not everybody else is going that.... Why would I leave my best character when others are going to continue to play him. Some of the Minnesotans and a few others still use him so I think whats the point? If Joker was to make a judgement call saying no more meta I wouldn't complain at all.

Just to clear something up however, in Razor Challenges Metaknight won't ever be banned most likely because you still have to win with two others to win the challenge. Plus every meta I played in Razor Challenge I beat, and only once did that involve using my meta to do so.

Vos I will be at your kickin smash fest on Friday!

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
hey bone, let me see if i have this right, the games u wanted were

1. super robot taisen alpha 2
2. super robot taisen alpha 3
3. ???????????????

for the Another Century's game that u wanted, there r episode 1, 2, and 3. which ones do u want?

just let me kno so i kno which one to download or if i have to download them all

and joker, the games that u wanted, i cant remember what u wanted when we were at love's house, this is what i have so far

1. Front Mission 3 (done)
2. Front Mission 4 (done)
3. silent hill origins (still downloading)
4. InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask (havent started)
5. ???????????????????

i think that there was another game that im forgetting. so let me kno if there is anything else that u wanted me to get for u or bone

Yeah joker wants a couple more
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
The devilmay cry series
Saint Seiya: The Hades
and yeah i might as well get all Another Century games at once so yeah the 3 of them and i guess get me Psychonauts. that should keep us busy for a while LOL but yeah thanks bra.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is too good, I might actually be playing that in Wisconsin this weekend.

You should also get Naruto Ultimate Hero 3, that game's too good

Cook

Smash Master
i might be able to go to the MO tourney, what day is it on? how long will it last etc. i have work and only get fridays and saturdays off and i gotta talk with the GF first =/ but hopefully i can go.
It is the 15th. It starts at 1:00, but we'll be doing friendlies and stuff before that; KC will be here at around 11, I think. I have no idea how long it will last, but we would like to do crews later on at night if anyone is interested, so we'll be up pretty late. I'm guessing the official tourney stuff will take about as long as Joker's do.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yeah joker wants a couple more
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
The devilmay cry series
Saint Seiya: The Hades
and yeah i might as well get all Another Century games at once so yeah the 3 of them and i guess get me Psychonauts. that should keep us busy for a while LOL but yeah thanks bra.
yeah, thats alot of games to download, it might take awhile for me to get them all but i think that i might be able to get them done by next week, MAYBE

PortCity

Smash Ace
What is the case for banning Metaknight? In my experience, the reason people don't beat him is because they don't know what they are doing. I'll defend my statement if I have to, but I personally don't believe that this one character is so great that he trumps everything. He is good, but when smart tactics can kill this character at under 50% I just have a hard time being convinced. It actually takes work for most characters to beat him, but it has, can, and will be done until the end of time. No disrespect to any Metaknight players that I have faced (Blank, Razor, this random guy at the Ames tournament), but I personally don't fear him.

Uli

Smash Champion
What is the case for banning Metaknight? In my experience, the reason people don't beat him is because they don't know what they are doing. I'll defend my statement if I have to, but I personally don't believe that this one character is so great that he trumps everything. He is good, but when smart tactics can kill this character at under 50% I just have a hard time being convinced. It actually takes work for most characters to beat him, but it has, can, and will be done until the end of time. No disrespect to any Metaknight players that I have faced (Blank, Razor, this random guy at the Ames tournament), but I personally don't fear him.
this guy knows whats up!

i want a psTRES ;_;

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
There's to much to say, if anything please listen to this, it's all about the banning of MK, and you should listen since this are the guys who decides if MK stays or goes, also they made the rules for Brawl and Melee, so yeah

http://smyn.smashnexus.net/podcast/SMYN41.mp3

Cook

Smash Master
I think the biggest argument for banning MK is the one that Joker gave, that right now he has no counters, so given any situation picking him gives you the best chance of winning. Because of this there is no reason why someone who is playing to win shouldn't just use MK; this means there are a lot of MKs out there. If he was gone then every character would have a counter, so you couldn't just pick one character and always have the advantage. That way people need at least a couple good characters, and there are a lot more characters being used (in theory), I think it's a good argument.

tl;dr version: It's not that he's unbeatable, it's that he has no counters.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
the SBR pod cast is a really good listen. I haven't finished it yet, being 2.5 hours long, but they make some really good points for and against the ban.

as far as the ban goes, doesn't really bother me, I'll main CF before i play meta seriously

sluys

Smash Journeyman
mk is boring to fight.

predictable but not punishable.

i'll have a breakthrough and start wrecking them soon.

gantrain05

Smash Master
the SBR pod cast is a really good listen. I haven't finished it yet, being 2.5 hours long, but they make some really good points for and against the ban.

as far as the ban goes, doesn't really bother me, I'll main CF before i play meta seriously
Amen brother, and anyways, if you decided to main him now people would just think your using him to win tourneys.......which is why alot of the pro's do it lol. but its still gay, i'll stick with my peach thx.

Cook

Smash Master
Amen brother, and anyways, if you decided to main him now people would just think your using him to win tourneys.......which is why alot of the pro's do it lol. but its still gay, i'll stick with my peach thx.
Moving away from Olimar? That's good for me, I like to be the only one using him! :p

gantrain05

Smash Master
Moving away from Olimar? That's good for me, I like to be the only one using him! :p
nope, sorry man lol, he's my secondary.... basically heres my lineup

1. Peach
2.Olimar
3.Fox
4.Bowser
5.Mario

so yeah, olimar will be getting plenty of play from me, but only if somehow peach can't get the job done, or if i face a DK or DDD, cuz olimar puts the **** of those 2.

Top Bottom