• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
Are we doing doubles or singles first at this next tourney?
I think we're doing doubles first but I'm not sure.
Ok Melee yea prob...

64 smash tho? Taking doubles? LOL YA RITE

BKJOE and I are takin that sry dude.

-BC-
BKJOE never actually shows up.
Also whoever teams with me is obviously going to win 64 doubles (Are we even doing 64 doubles? :laugh:).

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I think we're doing doubles first but I'm not sure.

BKJOE never actually shows up.
Also whoever teams with me is obviously going to win 64 doubles (Are we even doing 64 doubles? :laugh:).
Actually now that he heard about N64 bein played. Hes showin up lol.

Yes we are doing 64 doubles and u will not win ;)

-BC-

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey bone, i cant really find the game Saint Seiya: The Hades. i did find 1 ver of the game buts its a PAL version and 1 of 4 links doesnt work so i cant get this game. but i did find Saint Seiya : THE SANCTUARY (PAL). i could get this game for u instead. the game is a PAL so it should be fine. and since both games r fighting games, its shouldnt really make a difference eather way. so just give me the word and i could get saint seiya: the sanctuary instead of Saint Seiya: The Hades

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
SSB64

Rules:

* 5 stock
* No items
* Team Attack: On (for teams)
* Damage Ratio normal
* No handicap
* Life-stealing allowed
* No stage can be picked twice in a row, but they can be chosen again
* A stage can be reset after being chosen randomly, but if it happens again or picked, it can be chosen
* If a Ness is picked, Saffron City can be banned for random picks, but may be counter-picked
* Camping/ edge-stalling not allowed
* Cargo-stalling (DK's Infinite Grab) is banned.

Split:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Controllers:

If you don't have your own N64 Controller. It will be provided for the match. Please try not to break them.

Stages:

Rock/Paper/Scissors will be done to see who chooses first stage of the Neutrals.

Neutral:

* Hyrule Castle
* Dream Land

Counter-Picks:

* Congo Jungle
* Saffron City
* Peach's Castle
* Zebes (Doubles Only)

Banned:

Yoshi's Island
Mushroom Kingdom
Sector Z

If Joker wants 2, He could put this on the front page. =D Joker did you want to take 5% out of this too?

Uli

Smash Champion
anyone that can bring n64 and n64 controllers!!!
i only have 1 at the moment, i think greg has 2 or 3?!?
i will probably get 1 more by the end of the week but just incase!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
i could get saint seiya: the sanctuary instead of Saint Seiya: The Hades
Yeah no prob man, that game should be fun, I'll tell Bone if he can find it, he's good at finding rare stuff like that just hope is the right file and what not.

If Joker wants 2, He could put this on the front page. =D Joker did you want to take 5% out of this too?
I could.

seriouspost: do any of you actual play 64 on a regular basis?
You should see my Ness, it *****.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so, i just did my first mortar slide......its not so hard, and i did it w/out the C-stick, or fancy controller setups, default controller setup, i just dash attack and Usmash with the joystick and A button......you guys have some slow fingers if you can't do that. i bet i would win a fastest button pressing tourney.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^That's probably cause Snake is the easiest char you can do it with, but I believe every char has different timing for it, so players try to find a way that fits them better.

gantrain05

Smash Master
^That's probably cause Snake is the easiest char you can do it with, but I believe every char has different timing for it, so players try to find a way that fits them better.
yeah i was able to do it with falco and snake, im working on olimar and peach as we speak, i don't know how helpful it would be, but a surprise Usmash from peach could be ugly if i can get it to work lol.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^Yeah since there's also some chars that suck at it like I try it once with DDD and he went nowhere, and for chars like Fox who already slide with their up smash is kinda pointless.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Uhh that definitely is not necessary lol.. Im pretty sure takin from Brawl is enough. Plus hes not takin it from Melee so yea.

anyone that can bring n64 and n64 controllers!!!
i only have 1 at the moment, i think greg has 2 or 3?!?
i will probably get 1 more by the end of the week but just incase!
We'll bring our own N64 controllers, but if really needed i mite be able to bring a setup as well?

-BC-

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord

Yeah no prob man, that game should be fun, I'll tell Bone if he can find it, he's good at finding rare stuff like that just hope is the right file and what not.
ok then i'll download saint seiya: the sanctuary instead of Saint Seiya: The Hades

u ask bone if he can find Saint Seiya: The Hades, cause i cant get it anymore

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Uhh that definitely is not necessary lol.. Im pretty sure takin from Brawl is enough. Plus hes not takin it from Melee so yea.

-BC-
Actually I do take from Melee depending on the turnout, but it all depends

ok then i'll download saint seiya: the sanctuary instead of Saint Seiya: The Hades

u ask bone if he can find Saint Seiya: The Hades, cause i cant get it anymore
Thanks Kudou your too good man, by the way what does PAL mean, I think I know but not sure.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
PAL is the european region, im pretty sure that it is anyways. games have different regions so that is why the ps2 have swap magic that allow games from one region to played in another region. because non portable systems like ps2, xbox 360, etc, shouldnt be playing a game from a different country

i think that it goes like this

NTSC-U - USA
NTSC-J - Japan
PAL - European

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So yeah guys just a heads up, I won't be able to tape any matches for this tourney or any after that until I get some kind of capture device, the reason is cause the one I was using was MTKDs and last night he was playing C.Love in Melee, kept losing and by the sounds of it badly, anyways point been, he got all butt hurt, and decided to take it back with the disk of last Saturdays Tourney, and I didn't notice it until late last night so FACK.

Also C.Love you shouldn't play him no more same for me or anyone who lives in IA, unless is a SmashFest or something(I just get tired of it), cause you know he's going to get sand in his vagina and get all mad, and the only times he wants to play anyone is when he feels like it, well let me tell you this, this ain't no BK, you can't have it your way all the time. And Love if you really want to play Melee just tell me and I'll stop playing Brawl to play some games with you.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
lawl this aint no BK. Awesome.
So is tourny going to have Brawl, 64, AND melee.

I'm down for taking First place in all three...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^Yeah we don't want Sonic to win cause he went all Super Sayain on us.

Edit: Damn you BC and screwing my post.

Edit: but yeah smash balls will be a different tourney

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Also C.Love you shouldn't play him no more same for me or anyone who lives in IA, unless is a SmashFest or something(I just get tired of it), cause you know he's going to get sand in his vagina and get all mad, and the only times he wants to play anyone is when he feels like it, well let me tell you this, this ain't no BK, you can't have it your way all the time. And Love if you really want to play Melee just tell me and I'll stop playing Brawl to play some games with you.
if love wanted to play melee so badly, he should just play against a lvl 1 or lvl 9 cpu with music blaring loudly with speakers in the background. time passes by so fast cause i do that like once a week and like 1-2 hours pass by quickly. plus that is how i usually practice melee. pfffffffffff i dont need to practice with other human beings, cpus r the way to go lol

Top Bottom