• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
FFVII, FFIX, and FFX all the way.... FFVIII was enjoyable as well but nothing compared to the other three I mentioned. Own but haven't played 12, I am struggling to convince myself to start a 100+ hour commitment....

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Tyser: dude, that sucks, you should pick up one of the imported white controllers. The extra length is really nice

Jake: what are you Maxwell guys doing this weekend. I might be hosting a brawlfest on Friday or Saturday.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Nah, Im done with games. Im going to try really hard to stop playing Smash because its fucking up my focus on school and I dunno, but Ive been stressed out lately and Im blaming Melee so I have to stop before I SD IRL (just kidding, Im not crazy). Ill still be at the next monthly to watch though.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
^ It wont last, just like the other like 4 times lol. If brawl couldn't keep Tyser away from melee, nothing will, unless he wants to be like Echo and use girls as a john, but I dont see that happening any time soon.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i think we should all help him. not that i don't enjoy playing games with him but he thinks its ruining his life, so i understand.

and i think he is done, not having a controller or game to play is kinda hard to be able to play lol

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Vos - Saturday I have a mandatory electronic portfolio training session from 9-4, but other than that I'm free. I believe brenton and jlo are free as well but I don't want to put words in their mouths....Friday would probably work better for me.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Tyser...just when I get back into smash you go and quit.
Im trying to decide who to main in brawl though...I think Pikachu is severely underestimated...

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Well I was Lucas, then wolf, then fox, then Lucas again. But i was messin around with pikachu on the single player there and discovered he has A LOT of killing moves. His Nair dominates..

Uli

Smash Champion
Nah, Im done with games. Im going to try really hard to stop playing Smash because its fucking up my focus on school and I dunno, but Ive been stressed out lately and Im blaming Melee so I have to stop before I SD IRL (just kidding, Im not crazy). Ill still be at the next monthly to watch though.
Good luck to you sir
hope to see you back after you get your self together!

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Bolt, pika is underestimated.

and the brawl tournies here in ames aren't worth it. Se'kou, Andy and I took 1,2,3 without even trying. Andy destroyed the "best" guy there with DK.

gantrain05

Smash Master

and the brawl tournies here in ames aren't worth it. Se'kou, Andy and I took 1,2,3 without even trying. Andy destroyed the "best" guy there with DK.
lol maybe me and razor need to start showin up to these things, we can't let you guys have such easy wins =P

Cook

Smash Master

Are these tournaments for $$$? If so then it's definitely worth it!

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Are these tournaments for $$$? If so then it's definitely worth it!
These tourneys are hosted by a student organization and one of the university rules is that they cant have cash payouts. They are only allowed to have use gift cards for winners but thats it.

We only went to try and find some other good players, Andy and I met se'kou at one of the previous tourneys, but at the latest there wasn't anyone we wanted to start playing with

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Jake: what are you Maxwell guys doing this weekend. I might be hosting a brawlfest on Friday or Saturday.
Could I attend to this Brawlfest assuming Skizm wants to go also.
By the way is anyone going to the Missouri Tourney this week(Skizm).
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202354

if all else fails play metaknight
You could, but I think he's really close to getting banned, if anything according to SBR guys, they may be a period were MK is going to be banned to test if the MetaGame will actually change without him, but you guys should download the SBR Podcast and listen to it, it's pretty much the why MK should be banned and why he shouldn't, some good points, I say banned.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201664

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I think MK needs to be banned. MF is cheap and RIGGED. Pit too, eff the wings.

And I might need to show up to these brawl tournies here if they are so easy. Maybe give you guys a challenge haha

Uli

Smash Champion
i dont think MK should be banned!
you all need to man up
MK is only good when your vsing a good player
ive seen tyser beat MK's with jiggz and its amazing

Come on step it up! - Sonic

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Ya Joker, you guys are always welcome to come up

As for the MO tourney, I still have to decide but if I do end up going I could probably swing down past your place, Joker.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
MK is the cheapest mother effer there is.
After me and jbm got beat by that little kid who played MK at that FFC tourney a long time ago, I knew that stupid kirby-on-sterioids was OP.
As far as tyser beating MK with jiggs, no offense or anything. But Those MKs couldn't have been that good, or maybe jiggs is way underrated.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Who's in your avatar Matt?
Natsu from the Fairy Tail manga

Mk is like blissey to me, a piece of crap that refuses to die that also fucks you p really bad. Tyser's a fighting type so he naturally shits on Mk's. MK is a rigged char but I dont think he should be banned, we just have to play as well as Smeesh, Joker, David, and Tyser and we should win. But if Joker decides to ban MK at his tournies, we can all just do what we did when Snake was the best, play Snake.

As a Sonic nerd, I leave this here

http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=P8IxgooL480&fmt=18

Uli

Smash Champion
MK is the cheapest mother effer there is.
After me and jbm got beat by that little kid who played MK at that FFC tourney a long time ago, I knew that stupid kirby-on-sterioids was OP.
As far as tyser beating MK with jiggs, no offense or anything. But Those MKs couldn't have been that good, or maybe jiggs is way underrated.
nah its just that tyser is a GOOD player
the dood playing MK was the best in South Dakota the best olimar in the midwest so he has to be good

don't ban MK joker!!
not yet anyway

and new sonic game looks like a joke lolz

§chizm

Smash Lord
That Sonic game could either be very good or absolutely terrible (I'm leaning toward terrible).

Also I'll probably drive to the MO tourney this weekend since I think my other plans were cancelled (If you still wanted to go Joker).

gantrain05

Smash Master
the sonic game is almost garaunteed to be terrible, nothing after sonic 3 was any good at all and never will be. he even sucks in brawl >.> <.< don't kill me sonic mains, i just think he sucks ok? deal with it, ganon for god tier.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Should probably start posting with this account instead of SenorPresidente so people won't get confuse.

So yeah Kudo we got our ps2 back from tommy to day woo hoo. So was wondering if you could burn me this games.

Super Robot Wars Alpha 2
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3
Another Century's Episode
I just love my mecha crossovers but yeah we will replace your cd after the tourney.

Blissey's uber tier imo, just like garchump.
Mk is like blissey to me,
So you agree MK should be ban, lol jk

But Blissey isn't THAT hard she has a lot of counters like Metagross, Dusknoir and Spiritomb. Hell pokemn with Guts ability could probably deal with her. The only reason I see for giving you so much trouble must be a team filled with too many BL and UU when the average standard team can only support one or two.

A better brawl/pokemon comparison would be Tyranitar/GARchomp and Snake/MK. Joker should upload some of our poke battles you can see how a well played Tyranitar and a couple of mistakes can lead to an easy 6 KO for tyranitar.
Either way both Snake and Tyra destroyed a lot of characters but they both have counters.

Garchomp was banned for not only destroying most characters but not having to worry about counters. Sounds familiar?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36558
The reasons for the GARchomp ban and the current MK deal are very similar.

The definition of over centralizing the game is forcing everyone to make a team just to counter this one Pokemon. Remember, not everyone should make a hail team, or make a rain dance team or trick room team just to counter this one thing.

Sounds kinda like the whole people shouldn't have to main MK or an even match up just to deal with MK and the metagame stagnating.

Ans Schism said it nicely yesterday about how it really doesn't matter to Iowa if he gets ban or not cause like Tyser said a while back we are bunch of random people that never leave our state/city/hangout so no real high level play taking place here and our our scene is not being dominated by MKs or have any exceptional or good MKs that constantly win.

tl;dr If he gets ban or not, who or why should any one care sbesides razor?

Also made my self a new sig, which one should I use?

seizure inducing one, watch it while listening to daft punk

Normal

Or my favorite Doritos

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
razer said that after the last tourney he wasn't going to play him in tourney's anymore, so it doesn't really matter to anyone here

And i'm going to be hosting brawl at my place on Friday night around 6

gantrain05

Smash Master
i think we might be random players the most of the country, but i really think we are all growing and getting alot better, after watching vids from the old tournies compared to the recent ones it seems to me that we are improving our game alot, one of these days we should all attend a big OoS tourney just to see how we would do.

Cook

Smash Master
i think we might be random players the most of the country, but i really think we are all growing and getting alot better, after watching vids from the old tournies compared to the recent ones it seems to me that we are improving our game alot, one of these days we should all attend a big OoS tourney just to see how we would do.
Like the big Missouri tournament this weekend! :)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Bone those sigs are too good. You should combine the seizure one with the doritos except the bag needs to be exploding in cheesy deliciousness.
Also Daft Punk is too good.

I honestly don't care about the Meta Knight ban, I pretty much only play him in teams if we want to do gay C4 grab insta-kill shenanigans.

Also if anyone wants to ride with Joker and I to the MO tourney you should say something because I can fit like 2-3 more people into my car.

Top Bottom