• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: There was nothing to respond to. I was just fulfilling my promise to you.

@Skizm: What's the code for throwing out more Gordos. I keep pressing "Side+B" but them suckas won't come out.

PortCity

Smash Ace
UMVC3
1 christian
2 MURPHAGATOR!
3 Bo Lo
4 Thomas
5 Trans Nible
5 Greg Dang
7 Gary
7 cory
9 Tony
9 Darna Beng
9 Blake
9 Justin Hines
13 Tristan Hines
13 Jordan
13 Souvanny Sisouvan L
13 Connor Gerdes
17 Hayden Gey
17 SomKith P
17 Arthur P
17 Kay
17 Dustin Hulgizer
17 Kamig
17 Kevin
17 Nealand R
25 AKE
25 Vinnie

No lie...I like seeing results like that...you UMVC3 guys were killing them. Good job to all of you. We need s sweep next time :)

@Joker: I'm going to shut my mouth now :-D...cause I was an ardent believer that you need to focus on brawl if you weren't gonna flat out win these UMVC3 tournies, but you won this one...so keep it up. No hate here.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Two people I lost to = Joker, Murph. Definition of f***ed whatever it was worth it to see Joker make everyone mad. Travis even flat out said, "I hate losing to Smash players!" (he lost to both Joker and Blank). lolololol Good stuff Joker! Special shoutouts to Kevin Wang and QRS.

Bai, going to practice 3s now.

/Team Psycho Soldier Theme.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I placed just out of money in both KoF13 and Marvel, pretty sad. Omaha was worst though since me and Joker both lost our first rounds and had to play each other right away. Easy 0-2 bracket for me that day. (Set went 1-2)

Where did you get those results Se'kou?

/Psycho Soldier Theme

/Psycho Sorujaaa

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: I got them from Greg, there was a thread...actually here it is...

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/pixels-childs-play-tournament-ames-ia.150422/

@Pixels: LOL....too bad the Debo vs. BC money match didn't happen "haha I'd stomp that fool" -Debo hahahahha....that was too funny. When I left BC had just made it to GF's so I take it, he won :-D...tell CBK to get that samus mess out of here...his kirby is a monster though.....2 suicides that just completely PISSED his opponent off....both at under 30%

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Will there be Marvel this weekend? Or are we just focusing on smash?

I have KoF13 as well if you want to play it.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Thanks for coming over Blake and Arthur!!! I needed this weekend guys and you guys made it a good one. Must get better at Marvel.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You did pretty good in tourney for not even owning the game man. Just tell me whenever you want random practice, I can help you lab out setups too if you want. I'm sure if we actually started using collective power everyone can only get better.

PortCity

Smash Ace
:( OOS are coming...dang I wanted random teams and to play DDD. ... well enough DDD... time to turn into JJCity (Shout out to the rocketman)....since there is no Metaknights there is no reason for me to fight anyone.... :( .... I can't believe I'm gonna practice camping all week :-\

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker are you housing? I might be interested if you will play marvel with me and teach me some vergil/wesker tricks.
I think we talk about this last Friday but just to be on the safe side yeah I can house you so we can play some Mahvel

@Joker: I'm going to shut my mouth now :-D...cause I was an ardent believer that you need to focus on brawl if you weren't gonna flat out win these UMVC3 tournies, but you won this one...so keep it up. No hate here.
Lol yeah man I was actually starting to feel the same way but I knew if I just stick with it I'll have something to show for it but now we have to practice for this weekend and get our doubles tittle back >.0

Will there be Marvel this weekend? Or are we just focusing on smash?
Well I'll have it like usual on the TV everyone loves XP

You did pretty good in tourney for not even owning the game man. Just tell me whenever you want random practice, I can help you lab out setups too if you want. I'm sure if we actually started using collective power everyone can only get better.
Same here man I really think you have potential and I been saying that since vanilla you should probably borrow Blank's PS3 so then you can spend at least 2hrs or so just labing trust me that will work wonders ^.^

Two people I lost to = Joker, Murph. Definition of f***ed whatever it was worth it to see Joker make everyone mad. Travis even flat out said, "I hate losing to Smash players!" (he lost to both Joker and Blank). lolololol Good stuff Joker! Special shoutouts to Kevin Wang and QRS.
roflol now I definitely need to keep playing smash XD
also special shoutouts to Ngamer for sponsoring me and believing I should be doing better in tourney then what I have been doing this win was all you man v(^.^)v

joker leave mk legal pls thx
You can't sweet talk me into it >.<

With that said.

IMPORTANT

Here are some of the changes that are going to take effect stating this weekend.

• Venue fee is now $3 (you only need to pay if you enter any of the tourneys taking place that day)
  • Infinites and chain grabs are ban(Meaning standing grabs aren't allowed)
  • Coaching will only be allowed in between matches not during.
Thanks for understanding and hope to see you guys this weekend <(^.^<)

Soran

Smash Ace
Hey, thanks for having us, Greg ; )

This weekend was awesome. even though I'm ass at UMVC3, I still learned a lot.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: I'll be coming there sometime today around 5 ish.

Anyone from Ames is welcome to join me.

PortCity

Smash Ace
That's fine...especially if Colin comes. That will be some good kirby/luigi and toonlink/wario practice. Joker and I can play some other characters if ya'll want match up experience.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Let me rest and nap and I'll see how I'll feel when it comes around that time. I really need to think about my health. I have that feeling of lingering sickness.

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
This weekend, is it? I'll see if I can grab a few to go this weekend. Need some sort of stress relief before the week of finals.

Haven't brawled in a while, but it'll be nice to see everyone and make our donation ($) to the tourney.

PortCity

Smash Ace
:( Colin can't go....and Greg...put health first. Don't come if you are getting sick...cause it isn't a good feeling playing sick.

BPx

Smash Lord
all i know is whoever can make it to this tournament should, everyones welcome at my place after, if you can fit :) it IS 40 minutes north of des moines though

Kuares

Pizza
:( Colin can't go....and Greg...put health first. Don't come if you are getting sick...cause it isn't a good feeling playing sick.
I've got a bunch of homework to do today, so no go for me as well.

I'd probably be able to do something Thursday though, if something then could happen.

[yt]4p77-muV-Vk?autoplay=1[/yt]

§chizm

Smash Lord
You mean all chain grabs are banned, or just infinites?
Actually grabbing is banned. Completely.

all i know is whoever can make it to this tournament should, everyones welcome at my place after, if you can fit ;) it IS 40 minutes north of des moines though
Fixed.

Also we should play some Melee saturday, I'd at least be up for friendlies if a tourney doesn't happen. <3

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Assuming there is a tourney this coming weekend. There is a possibility MN might come.
Do it!!!!!! I need to actually play you in brawl and have a melee rematch.

IMPORTANT

[*]Infinites and chain grabs are ban(Meaning standing grabs aren't allowed)
2nd BEST IDEA EVER!

You mean all chain grabs are banned, or just infinites?
ALL CHAINGRABS! **** the birds, Falco and D3 suck now, and screw Pikachu and IC's while we're at it.

I'll see if I can grab a few to go this weekend.
Just make sure you don't chain grab them.

all i know is whoever can make it to this tournament should, everyones welcome at my place after, if you can fit :) it IS 40 minutes north of des moines though
I'd like to come but I think JBM and I both have family stuff going on early sunday.

Actually grabbing is banned. Completely.

Also we should play some Melee saturday, I'd at least be up for friendlies if a tourney doesn't happen. <3[/COLOR]
BEST IDEA EVER#1 NO GRABS. Wolf-D3 might be even now.

And assuming Nebraska comes we will have melee.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Joker are you going to host brawl singles first?

I think that NE will be able to make it friday and stay if you have brawl singles first. My family rarely comes up so i need to spend as much time as possible.

Is any other state making it?

Top Bottom