• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

THuGz

Smash Lord
Genesis is in 2 weeks and there isn't any tourney between now and then, and I should practice, so do you guys wanna have a smashfest this weekend/anytime in the next 10 days? Brandon/Collin/Dustin/Sekou/Joker/Asians? NE vs IA crews? Hype money matches?

BPx

Smash Lord
loooooooooool.

I would def be down for a smashfest, I work Saturday but I'd come before/after, depending. Sekou would be able to come Saturday night probably, Colin isn't working either. BC has been wanting to come all summer, but hes only available on Saturdays(too bad hes not even available on saturdays tho). I could shoot him a text too.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Man SONY freaking hates me T.T
So my PS3 broke AGAIN is like really what the fack man this time the disc drive stopped working and it made a huge *** scratch on Red Dead Redemption and a small one on Marvel >.<

So yeah I stuck SF4 to see if the PS3 was the one that scratch it but it just stopped reading it like it was making this sound but It's the default sound you hear when a system is reading a disk but now it doesn't even make that sound so I'm so sad right now T.T

However I do believe the thing has a warranty to it if I'm not mistaken sigh.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Damn man, do you ever move the PS3 while its reading discs or something? I think your basement is just cursed.

If I ever come over for marvel sometime this week can we hook up my PS3 on a non-laggy tv? I don't like switching the video mode, thats my excuse. ;_;

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Man That is why I'm sooo nervous about getting a PS3 or 360. I want to play Marvel and Tekken Tag 2...but I don't want to spend all that money for a system that might die on me...

Uli

Smash Champion
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Man SONY freaking hates me T.T
So my PS3 broke AGAIN is like really what the fack man this time the disc drive stopped working and it made a huge *** scratch on Red Dead Redemption and a small one on Marvel >.<

So yeah I stuck SF4 to see if the PS3 was the one that scratch it but it just stopped reading it like it was making this sound but It's the default sound you hear when a system is reading a disk but now it doesn't even make that sound so I'm so sad right now T.T

However I do believe the thing has a warranty to it if I'm not mistaken sigh.
man that suckkkkkkkkss. you are the only person i know that has had their ps3 break period. if you dont have a warranty mod that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit imo

and yay for peeks :3

Kuares

Pizza
What's the month looking like for events?

Was wondering if for my tournament, since the 16th is the Marvel monthly(assuming Joker want's to go), I could just have it on the 17th and just have the people coming for Marvel sleep overnight then everyone else in the morning. If not then I could probably just have it on the 23rd. Thoughts?

Also, less than 3 weeks and I'm home :)
I'm taking you up on your race bet you made along time ago. Glad you're coming back. I'll finally get to meet you(if I haven't already).

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Damn man, do you ever move the PS3 while its reading discs or something? I think your basement is just cursed.

If I ever come over for marvel sometime this week can we hook up my PS3 on a non-laggy tv? I don't like switching the video mode, thats my excuse. ;_;
No man is just sits there and has been ever since I got it if anything i moved it once when we played marvel but it was off.

lag? I have no idea what you talking about but yeah if you bring yours we can hook it up on the silver tv.

@Joker: Man That is why I'm sooo nervous about getting a PS3 or 360. I want to play Marvel and Tekken Tag 2...but I don't want to spend all that money for a system that might die on me...
Thats why this generation of consoles suck cause they all break down I mean PS2/GC/Xbox all of them run so good never break down you can drop them and still work but the new generation sucks my Wii broke PS3 twice and Recee first 360 broke too so is like wtf.

So yeah man is just really bad luck on my part since Greg had his for a while and still works plus you can always pay a bit extra for a year warranty or something which actually i knew 360 where giving you a year warranty for free cause they always broke down >.<

@Joker: The ps3 that I got did that? If so this is a travesty...

Also, less than 3 weeks and I'm home :)
We just have such a bad luck.

Still hype to see you again <3

What's the month looking like for events?

Was wondering if for my tournament, since the 16th is the Marvel monthly(assuming Joker want's to go), I could just have it on the 17th and just have the people coming for Marvel sleep overnight then everyone else in the morning. If not then I could probably just have it on the 23rd. Thoughts?
Yeah I'll like too go but as off right now it will depend on Blank assuming he wants to drive their again and if his mom can get a hotel or something either way it will be awesome to stay the night anyways and play more marvel the next day ^.^

As for tourneys I don't think I'm having one probably just a biweekly not till August when Peeks comes back which not sure of the date yet specially cause Lux is having a couple on that month but either way I'll have one even it its on the same day as his.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@QRS: You know me, I'm ALWAYS down for a Sunday tournament. My little brother might be here also, so he may come....but that is still up in the air...

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I'm taking you up on your race bet you made along time ago. Glad you're coming back. I'll finally get to meet you(if I haven't already).
I don't quite remember what the bet was? I made multiple races 400-5k I believe. Glad to hear that then. Which do you choose?

I'm pretty sure we have not. I met some new people in December when I was on leave but I didn't really stay long enough to know who is who and put names to faces.

Also is your Zero-G dog reference from the game Infinite Space. Really curious cuz im playing that game now.

Kuares

Pizza
I'll do a 800, 5k is my usual race but I don't feel like spending that much time on a bet like that.

And it is a reference. Other than the whole battle system, it's an awesome game. I got random'd out so many times at the start because I didn't know how to battle. Then when they got to the RPS ship battle thing that just destroyed me even more.

Joker: tell me what you decide and I'll see what I can do. If there's nothing by the end of the week, I'll probably just have my tourney the 24th,

PortCity

Smash Ace
@QRS: I am thinking of having a big get together on the 24th. I won't know until next Thursday, so I'll let you know.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
400 was my event, I was 5th in my school, behind 2 track runners of the same family, some other track guy and a fellow swimmer (**** you jon). I didn't run track, lol, that **** is dumb, I was told I should join the team my senior year because in PE I ran some stupid sub 55 second 400 because if I ran under a minute I didn't have to run the mile, but that was my first chance to not be active, so I took it, 1 quarter without having to exercise=best idea ever. just wish I would have not gotten so lazy/fat/bald.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So my PS3 did have a year warranty so we call and should send a box within a week it just sucks cause I'm going to lose all my save data again FFFFFFFFFFF specially for Marvel looks like I'm going to redo the missions again >.> blank

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
An 800 it is then! We actually going to put money down on this thing? Anyone else up for throwing down in a race? Dont talk about the past unless you can still back the **** up, otherwise I dont give a ****. I just made alot of money and want to spend it in rediculous ways.

@Christian: Sorry I didnt see your message until today. Glad you got it sorted out though. Also, your message title scared me, I thought you were going to say you were moving or something crazy like that lol.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
An 800 it is then! We actually going to put money down on this thing? Anyone else up for throwing down in a race? Dont talk about the past unless you can still back the **** up, otherwise I dont give a ****. I just made alot of money and want to spend it in rediculous ways.
Spend it to make me look pretty. :3

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So I think sekou is coming down today and I'm assuming Brandon and Dustin too so yeah Brandon I think the time is up on us and we need to start practicing teams together we don't really have teammates when going to OoS plus is also a way to get the Iowa team.

Old Skool/New Skool ^.^

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Thugz nor I have a means to get to Iowa this weekend, I don't know what the deal is with his car, but mine has a wire detached from one of the heads in my engine, and something (maybe the wire) is making my car stall/idle really hard in 2nd gear, so I have to take it in to the shop Monday.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So, most likely...ngamer, jayford and I will be coming this weekend on Sat. for games.

Hype?

ALSO JOKER, YOU FINALLY GOT IT BACK!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Thugz nor I have a means to get to Iowa this weekend, I don't know what the deal is with his car, but mine has a wire detached from one of the heads in my engine, and something (maybe the wire) is making my car stall/idle really hard in 2nd gear, so I have to take it in to the shop Monday.
Saw this coming. :awesome:
Also one of my friends had that stalling issue a couple weeks ago. He had to disconnect the neg terminal for like 30 mins, reconnect, turn the car on, and then start the engine and let it idle for a few mins. One of the sensors was messed up or something.

So, most likely...ngamer, jayford and I will be coming this weekend on Sat. for games.

Hype?

I'll show probably show up then.

I guess.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
to be fair, thugz didn't say we were going to drive my car until yesterday, so I looked at it today to see if it was even close to road worthy.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
to be fair, thugz didn't say we were going to drive my car until yesterday, so I looked at it today to see if it was even close to road worthy.
Likely excuse this reminds me of a certain someone I know who will say he'll come down but always john at last second >.>
zash

Hype?

And I think Grinnell will show up too so there should be a pretty good amount of people playing smash awesome.

FACK YEAH I FINALLY GOT IT BACK AND IS REUPLOADED CHECK IT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR46nB4oPoI

I'm so proud of that vid now I need to start working on the 3rd one ^.^

Jayford

Smash Lord
Someone play Phoenix against me all weekend PLZ.

ALSO, MY FALCO IS GONNA **** EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND.

ONE LAST THING: Blank or Joker teach me Dante rofl. I need a character with a teleport and I don't how some of his moves work. I can bold cancel and crap. I just don't know how to make certain moves come out lmao.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well, I guess I'll show up also. I have gotten some sleep so I'll be ready to play now! :) Only catch I'll be showing up Saturday at 9 pm...still worth my time?

Plus if Twink comes, I want to team with him and see how we do.

Top Bottom