• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

SquIvyCha

Smash Rookie
Hello. Im new to the boards, but have won many many tournaments. I am the King of Smash. Ive competed in local tourneys and have annihilated. I clearly have proved myself a pro. Are there any good smashers in the Iowa area, or are all of you earthlings pathetic noobs? I live in Lenexa Kansas if any of you know where that is???

resTy

Smash Champion
Me, Yulai, Greg and I think Chris(?) already accomplished getting a cake. It was a hella surprise too.

I helped devour it with my bare hands. It was cold if I recall correctly.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Is the 19th supposed to be a tourney or is it just a smashfest? If it's a tourney, I might try to get the non-whobo KS players to go.

Uli

Smash Champion
Me, Yulai, Greg and I think Chris(?) already accomplished getting a cake. It was a hella surprise too.

this was legendary. we got the cake. everyone left except chris christian matt greg tyser and me. we ate that SHIT UP! ice cream cake is so good :D

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Not sure if I can make games tomorrow. Or Wednesday, school is deciding to hate on me this week. I will keep people up to date, it all depends on how much hw I get done tonight/tomorrow.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hello. Im new to the boards, but have won many many tournaments. I am the King of Smash. Ive competed in local tourneys and have annihilated. I clearly have proved myself a pro. Are there any good smashers in the Iowa area, or are all of you earthlings pathetic noobs? I live in Lenexa Kansas if any of you know where that is???
You must be the guy Fino buttrapes nightly.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Ok since Marvel's one month anniversary is almost here, and since I basically don't get anything out of my little bet besides monetary loss and lolz, I'm laying out further conditions.

Come the 15th, if you can play me on XBL, if we can arrange something, we should. If not, you have to wait until I have a chance to make it out there again, which could be a while- as that's the case, you still need to keep playing in order to have a chance at anything. ;) If you haven't kept up with practice, I won't even let you continue on.

When we play, FT3, I'll be using my main team. If you fail to kill one my characters in 2 out of my 3 wins, you get nothing, no matter how much you've played the game. Clearly, you've learned next to nothing.

If you manage to beat me in the set, you get an extra dollar and my lifelong respect. (not likely :D)

Challenge is thrown down-- CBK, BPx, HQYZ, Greg, can't remember anyone else.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
The troll calls US pathetic. LOL

You must be the guy Fino buttrapes nightly.
And I second this.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Ok since Marvel's one month anniversary is almost here, and since I basically don't get anything out of my little bet besides monetary loss and lolz, I'm laying out further conditions.

Come the 15th, if you can play me on XBL, if we can arrange something, we should. If not, you have to wait until I have a chance to make it out there again, which could be a while- as that's the case, you still need to keep playing in order to have a chance at anything. ;) If you haven't kept up with practice, I won't even let you continue on.

When we play, FT3, I'll be using my main team. If you fail to kill one my characters in 2 out of my 3 wins, you get nothing, no matter how much you've played the game. Clearly, you've learned next to nothing.

If you manage to beat me in the set, you get an extra dollar and my lifelong respect. (not likely :D)

Challenge is thrown down-- CBK, BPx, HQYZ, Greg, can't remember anyone else.
Challenge Accepted. If we have to play on XBL we can, I'm not a fan of it as last few times I played with Jayford and other people it was laggy as hell.

PortCity

Smash Ace
When are games this week? I can attend Tuesday/Wednesday. That's it though.
Not sure if I can make games tomorrow. Or Wednesday, school is deciding to hate on me this week. I will keep people up to date, it all depends on how much hw I get done tonight/tomorrow.
@Pcity and Bpx, anyone up for games today/tomorrow?

@Debo: I like you man...you are more schizo than my....well I'll just leave it at that :-D heheheh....sure man let's play today. I'll pick you up and we can go down. We can leave after my class and make it to DSM around 4 so we can make it back to ames by 10.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Haha I just try to get answers! And that sounds good. I'm gonna head to the gym and the grocery store, I should be back in time for you to pick me up. Is brandon coming? I'll bring a 360 controller so we can play MvC3 on 360, I'm more looking to playing brawl though.

Also, dibbs on being on sek'ous team tonight.

Soran

Smash Ace
I think I have internet today.

*A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING*

Open for PSN Marvel challenges.

PSN ID: Itsnameisgundam

PortCity

Smash Ace
Good luck teaming with me tonight....I'm going to team with brandon most of the night...looks like he is interested in going to WHOBO3 and I want to treat tonight as try-outs. :-D

DeLux

KC is confirmed for the 19th pending confirmation that it's a tourney and not just a smashfest.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
We are re-living the melee players feel "obligated" to trash the new game of brawl episode of smashboards.

I will ask the same question I asked then. Why? If you don't like or play it ok, that is fine for you. Now leave it alone for everyone else. It makes no difference to anyone else if someone else plays or enjoys a new game.

Done and Done.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
TAEYEON's BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!...O_O the gif is to cute...lol

We are re-living the melee players feel "obligated" to trash the new game of brawl episode of smashboards.

I will ask the same question I asked then. Why? If you don't like or play it ok, that is fine for you. Now leave it alone for everyone else. It makes no difference to anyone else if someone else plays or enjoys a new game.

Done and Done.
agreed...^_^

also ggs tonight guys for some reason i was playing alright today even tho its been little bit since i picked up a GC controller..lol

DeLux

Yink's sig reminded me to ask:

If anyone is familiar with the move "Field of Dreams", how far is Joker's from the baseball field in the movie? I might want to fulfill a childhood dream and go play catch there.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I think my PS3 is going to break soon T.T

Matt had the biggest piece ^.^

The troll calls US pathetic. LOL
Well perhaps in Singles cause I'm really the only one who plays singles if that but Iowa should do good in doubles I mean is what everyone plays, sadly our best doubles player can't really make tourneys otherwise I think I'll be teaming with him so then the only person I find myself comfortable teaming OoS with is Metal.

I think I have internet today.

*A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING*

Open for PSN Marvel challenges.

PSN ID: Itsnameisgundam
I'll add you next time I'm on but add me just in case it's ezier lol
PSN ID: Joker490Frozen

KC is confirmed for the 19th pending confirmation that it's a tourney and not just a smashfest.
Yeah it's a biweekly/smashfest I mean we'll probably have like a small 5$ tourney but nothing big.

Joker its confirmed.wat time r games starting?
From noon and up should be fine >.0

DeLux

Hmm... I do'nt mind a $5 tournament because it just means me filling a pot only half as much. But some of the other guys only like $10 tournaments. I'll ask.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Yeah, CBK was hot last night...murdered me with a double thunderbolt.... :(
Greg Kirbycided me at 0% & Killed me off the side from a fsmash in the middle of the stage at 75%....... :-\
Debo did 1000% damage off d-throwing me...... :-\
Joker gimped me at 0% ...... :-\
Bpow had a GREAT 2 on 1 to end the night.....thumbs up to that! :-D

Jayford

Smash Lord
Garbage vs. Garbage 3: Fate of Two Junkyards.
Sent is easy mode lol. People just don't know how to fight him.

1.) Block and don't try and beat him in the air when he is under you.
2.) Instant overheads. He loves being in the corner so you have to abuse the crap out of that.

Blank: I don't think we'll have any room in the hotel room because we are already cramming 8 people in one room lmao. Also, I dunno if anyone will have a set up.

I got 2nd at the Purdue / Indy Rambat yesterday tho :D. Lost to the person I put into losers in grand finals loooool

Top Bottom