• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll probably show up at my usual time, Saturday after sundown. Besides the wife is out of town, so I can play without guilt. In other news, Mr. Joker I have the sweater you left at Vos's place a couple of weeks ago. So I'll drop that off whether Brawl gets played or not.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I dont understand the ending of Elfen Lied.
You know how Nyuu and Lucy are different personalities of the same person, right? Well having a horn broken off will revert a diclonis to their amnesiac state permanently(whether both horns need to be broken off or just one i don't know, it was never confirmed). So while Nyuu is technically still alive, Lucy, the dominant personality, is "dead."

I haven't read the manga before but i think i should since I love the anime, but this is just some info i found out since the ending in the anime is still confusing, hope that clears some stuff Tyser.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Man I need to get on more before i miss rides, yeah I should be up for it. I was kinda lost on it since Skizm wasn't driving, but what time we goin? Where should I get picked up? I'd rather get picked up away from the house, would be hard to convince my mom I'm just spending the night somewhere otherwise lol...

I gotta say I'm running tight on funds though. I had more but its been depleting, parents and uncles borrowing money. I'll offer what I can, but I can't say it'll be as much now. =\

MTKD

Smash Apprentice
1. Are you Over 18, if not, I'll need to talk to your parents to make sure its ok.

2. Is your parents letting you go?

3. Would you be able to stay at Gregs house so it will be easier and we'll be leaving at 5 am.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Actually I was just gunna say you should just let Joker take my spot. It shouldn't be that hard for me to make an OOS tourney usually but with the stuff thats been happening its too shakey for me to try my luck now.

We'd be leaving too early, getting back too late. My parents did think it would be a good idea but yeah if you called them now, it wouldn't fly. S'alright though, I haven't touched Melee in 2 weeks and wouldn't have much to offer in terms of gas money nor company.

I'll see you guys at the next monthly, bigger tournies will have to wait I guess.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Btw if anyone wants to see this at the next tourney I can bring my Wii, it has this and the L-cancel h4x. It does get pretty broken but not that much more broken than it already is considering the help it gives. :bee:

Oh and Joker I have some replays but most of them are online and I don't remember my opponents besides a few like matches with SK92 and Ally. I can post my Wii and Brawl FC later because I really need to sort through them all.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Joker said he'll probably have a Brawlfest tonight at around 6 for those of you that wanted to show up. Blank you should show up since you couldn't go to KC.

Also people that are going to Event 52 better poop. I'm expecting to at least see JBM's name in top 3. :laugh:

Tyser

Smash Champion
If not one person from NE/IA makes it into brackets, then dont show your face in NE/IA ever again. Good luck, I hope my words give you more hope.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
joker, you still havent added my brawl code, still says awaiting registration.
Well i added you last night, actually I also sended you a message this afternoon, idk y yours is gray in my is black and i think is good to go, so i guess try to send me a message through the Wii.

Also sorry guys i couldn't have a Brawlfest at my place Friday, but a friend needed to get some sleep before he went to KC, but I'm good for Saturday around 5 or 6ish

§chizm

Smash Lord
Joker who is all going to be at your place tonight?
Joker, Bone and I are definitely going to be there, and possibly Hurricane. I believe PortCity is coming at some point, and -BC- said he may show up, possibly with BKJO (lol iced coffee). I'll probably call Michael to see if he wants to show up since he doesn't check the boards that often.
Maybe Blank can come?

Edit: I talked to Michael and he's going to be showing up later as well.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
You know how Nyuu and Lucy are different personalities of the same person, right? Well having a horn broken off will revert a diclonis to their amnesiac state permanently(whether both horns need to be broken off or just one i don't know, it was never confirmed). So while Nyuu is technically still alive, Lucy, the dominant personality, is "dead."

I haven't read the manga before but i think i should since I love the anime, but this is just some info i found out since the ending in the anime is still confusing, hope that clears some stuff Tyser.
I just read shit about the anime and I realized the ending of the anime is VERY VERY different than the manga. Like, this is a whole different story. For example, Kamura dies and so does Lucy [SPOILER SON]. Anyways, I figured out what the ending of the manga was.

- This is Tyser-senpai BTW.

cue

Smash Journeyman
you guys play guilty gear or what? i'm king gg if you didnt know :p .....

i have a bud in yo town that plays so if you guys wanna play some guilty when i come out next week let meee know i'll invite him to

KingBee

Smash Rookie
I totally need to find someone who has a Wii and practice my Brawl skillz. I was literally shaking when I was up against Bone.

But yeah...... when you guys said "R.O.B." I thought you guys were talking about a player named Rob and not that **** robot. Seriously, I was like, "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

LMAOOOO!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Well like he said he doesn't have a wii so any one there would have had the same effect but yeah my rob is nothing special. I can't even ledge camp properly.

Tyser

Smash Champion
That was embarrassing to watch . . .

EDIT:
˙ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝıʌoɯ ʇǝןoɹǝʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌıɹp ı
ɹoʇɐƃıןןɐ ǝןıpoɔoɹɔ ɹoıɹǝʇuı

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Top Bottom