• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Dekline42

Smash Ace
can someone direct me to an anime that is like bleach, yu yu hakusho, DBZish? I want character depth and action. That is all i care about. I've watched the first episode of berserk and am like wtf.. IDK if i should continue.

Thank you.
Berserk is pretty weird but its good, u should watch it

Afrayail

Smash Ace
can someone direct me to an anime that is like bleach, yu yu hakusho, DBZish? I want character depth and action. That is all i care about. I've watched the first episode of berserk and am like wtf.. IDK if i should continue.

Thank you.
Ultimate anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!

I'm up to episode 10 of Darker Than Black, and it's pretty good so far, as well. I personally enjoyed Basilisk, but it's a bloodbath (and some might say the main female character is stupidly annoying >.>)

The new FMA series seemed good (I only saw the first episode like... right when it came out and haven't watched anymore sense.) And I chose to watch a random anime that ended up being, uhh, Blade of the Immortal. Sounds cliche at first, but the first episode seemed promising? despite seeming a bit rushed. Iunno.

You should watch Digimon :chuckle:

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman

Thank you.
Skizm mentioned Soul Eater being like Bleach and he is right, second Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as its awesoem.

Gonna recommend Hajime no Ippo, one of the few good sport anime. People say it pumps them and gets them working out, which is true as it got me doing sit ups but then I got lazy after I finished it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yEJkWkcIok
^ Stop watching after the 2:35 mark as it contains spoiler but I swear showing people the awesoem fights is the only way you ever get people to watch the show. seriously, don't watch the whole clip

tldr: Hajime no Ippo is manly anime for manly men.
no homo

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
What Bone said about TTGL and Hajime no Ippo.

I don't remember the last time I got into a good typical shonen. How is Needless? Char design initially turned me off, but watched the OP and they sort of appeal in a perverse sort of way that caters to my inner weeaboo. Apparently it doesn't take itself too seriously and the opening looks fun enough so...

I'm so pumped for break. The fact that we haven't gotten out yet is a crime.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I (read: our club) dropped Needless due to unoriginality and nothing really interesting happening.

Eve is cool, though. I thought she was just random fanservice, but ended up being my favorite character.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I (read: our club) dropped Needless due to unoriginality and nothing really interesting happening.

Eve is cool, though. I thought she was just random fanservice, but ended up being my favorite character.
I thought the parody factor of the show was meant to be part of its humor.

Wait, Shugo coming to Iowa? When was this post made? Madness lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
What Bone said about TTGL and Hajime no Ippo.

I don't remember the last time I got into a good typical shonen. How is Needless? Char design initially turned me off, but watched the OP and they sort of appeal in a perverse sort of way that caters to my inner weeaboo. Apparently it doesn't take itself too seriously and the opening looks fun enough so...

Hajime no Ippo has to be the best sports anime series out there. probably one of the better shounen shows out there.

about needless, its not really that great but its just super ecchi. the anime started to go bad midway when they dragged on the middle fight super hard. im on episode 21 so im gonna finish it anyways

also ur not on winter break yet? that is so weak its undescribable

§chizm

Smash Lord

Thank you.
Ultimate anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!!

I'm up to episode 10 of Darker Than Black, and it's pretty good so far, as well. I personally enjoyed Basilisk, but it's a bloodbath (and some might say the main female character is stupidly annoying >.>)

The new FMA series seemed good (I only saw the first episode like... right when it came out and haven't watched anymore sense.) And I chose to watch a random anime that ended up being, uhh, Blade of the Immortal. Sounds cliche at first, but the first episode seemed promising? despite seeming a bit rushed. Iunno.

You should watch Digimon :chuckle:
All these.
Darker than Black is really good, and it's second season is continuing at the moment.
TTGL is necessary.
FMA: Brotherhood is good, I've been following it. I like it WAY more than the original.
Yeah Soul Eater is a looooot like Bleach, except not bad (though the first Arc of Bleach was good I guess).

Berserk gets really random, and the last episode made me want to quit life. Also you pretty much have to read the manga to get the ending.

I though Rurouni Kenshin was really good as well.
I still need to watch Hajime no Ippo. I've had it forever but haven't watched it.

*facepalm*
Sorry we all don't like little girls as much as you. :bee:

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@JLO: What happen man we where waiting for you T.T is just wasn't the same. I still think Kudou should have gone
I'm looking at you CBK XP

Joker, can you post that link on how to hack your Wii for Trent and I?
First of good tourney had fun and I'm pretty sure we'll be making future ones.
As for hacking your Wii what version is it, that's the main thing cause there's different ways to hack I believe depending on the version.

@Trent: Here's the guide to how to add your own music tittles:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255990

@Afrayail: You can do textures now 0.0 that is awesome I wonder if you can probably make me some >.0

You need to hang out with us on that time hell you should hang with us more period.
I miss my Blank oh my beautiful Blank T.T

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Needless isn't all that good, didn't feel it was a parody as much as it was extremely generic. Generic doesn't mean bad but it didn't really execute anything in an amazing way to make it stand out. Its just very meh. Fino would probably like it tho as it has a lot of little girl panty shots.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah I figured as much. The opening had me entertained for a bit. I've been pretty deaf to most shows though because I'm turned off easily by bad pacing etc.

Ah well there's still a lot of old stuff I need to catch up on.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
@Afrayail: You can do textures now 0.0 that is awesome I wonder if you can probably make me some >.0
I figured I wanted to be decent at something smash related :p Naw, but really, I'm trying to get the hang of it. If you ever have some requests, I can give them a try, though ^^;

On another note, I'm working Olimar and Lucario, and thanks again to Andy for some nice tips on the latter. I figure I have a "**** recovery" theme going on. I wish Olimar was less... ugly, though, so I'd want to edit his textures >_> If anyone has suggestions for an Olimar skin, though, let me know. I'm drawing blanks.

Fino

Smash Master
Sorry we all don't like little girls as much as you. :bee:
I wasn't facepalming at that. I watch other animes :p
But you know... I gave up when he used "character depth and action" and animes like DBZ in the same line. I mean, we all loved when goku literally just stood there screaming/powering up for an entire episode - high action right there.
Needless isn't all that good, didn't feel it was a parody as much as it was extremely generic. Generic doesn't mean bad but it didn't really execute anything in an amazing way to make it stand out. Its just very meh. Fino would probably like it tho as it has a lot of little girl panty shots.
I feel there's some inside joke I'm not getting -_-''
On another note, I'm working Olimar and Lucario, and thanks again to Andy for some nice tips on the latter. I figure I have a "**** recovery" theme going on. I wish Olimar was less... ugly, though, so I'd want to edit his textures >_> If anyone has suggestions for an Olimar skin, though, let me know. I'm drawing blanks.
Make a shiney looking one. Just make sure all your olimar costumes reppin pink boots ;D

~Fino

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
@JLO: What happen man we where waiting for you T.T is just wasn't the same. I still think Kudou should have gone
I'm looking at you CBK XP

You need to hang out with us on that time hell you should hang with us more period.
I miss my Blank oh my beautiful Blank T.T
well i probably would have gone if i wasnt asked to go at the last minute. things tend to happen when u get kicked out of the car pool then invited back before u guys were gonna leave \(^o^)/. also lolz at references

Afrayail

Smash Ace

Make a shiney looking one. Just make sure all your olimar costumes reppin pink boots ;D
Shiny is a good idea if I can figure out how to get the "edge" effect on other textures, but a "no" to the pink boots. :p Those are yours.
and olimar already looks gay enough~

I did think it was slightly ironic to talk about those anime in terms of character depth and action, but they did have both >.> Sometimes in the anime it just took awhile (Manga > anime.. 1-2 pages for Vegeta to go SS :D) Regardless, I don't respect your choice of anime since you won't finish/didn't like TTGL. :chuckle:

Uli

Smash Champion
we just dropped gregory off at the airport, he be creepn to Houston now

JBM i will most DEFINITELY give you the dvds next time i see you :D

DBZ is fuucking awesomeeee, seriously

someone get a picture of that angry m2k face so rebecca can put it on MK's face XD

Afrayail

Smash Ace
<3 I loved that Digimon, that was such a bad *** scene, considering it's Digimon ^^; I'll try that next.

Bomberman Oli sounds interesting, I'll look into that, though it mighta been done already. I'm off to test a few I made and a couple epic ones I downloaded (Yuna for Zelda and Mystique for ZSS)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
<3 I loved that Digimon, that was such a bad *** scene, considering it's Digimon ^^; I'll try that next.

Bomberman Oli sounds interesting, I'll look into that, though it mighta been done already. I'm off to test a few I made and a couple epic ones I downloaded (Yuna for Zelda and Mystique for ZSS)
I've...never actually watched Digimon. Never really watched Yu-Gi-Oh! either. :(

I just stayed with Pokemon.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I've...never actually watched Digimon. Never really watched Yu-Gi-Oh! either. :(

I just stayed with Pokemon.
I had a crazy passion for both Digimon and Pokemon. I got started on YGO a bit but realized that the dub was atrocious.. YGO the abridged, on the other hand *thumbs up* The manga for YGO is freaky **** though.

Digimon and Pokemon were both amazing in their own ways, even though they sound similar. I always thought--anime wise, of course--Digimon was a bit more mature. At least like, Season 3. Digimon die and stuff >_> Tentacle **** of little girls <_<;;; it was intense.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I loved Digimon as a little kid. I stopped watching it after they got rid of Fox Kids since I couldnt find season 4 anywhere, which I only saw a little bit of. Friggin bastards. Digimon was kinda cool since a lot of the digimon that helped out died. Leomon, Chumon, Pixiemon, Whaemon, Wizardmon, BlackWarGreymon, Wormmon, Leomon again, oh god. I hate how Seraphimon got taken down by a champion level in the 4th season. Magnaangemon was the shit and then he digivolves into something thats weak as shit.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Rebecca those skins look pretty sweet so far.
Digimon is awesome (though the first season is my favorite by far). Fourth season was awful, and I never saw any of the Fifth season but it looked awful as well.

@Greg GET OWNED NUKKA

I hated Starfox 64. The game was good but whoever decided it was a good idea to have you be interrupted every 20 seconds by an annoyingly voiced animal should be shot.

Ptato

Smash Cadet
Hahahahaha, so I just jumped on my compy and found it auto-logged on to an account I made with a super lame name...something like Kirie...and it auto entered the post I made before the first time I came,,, I was so lame...You guys are awesome. I'm so glad I got involved in our samsh scene, Iowa is the coolest, always a great time always great guyys Jokeyr, Razor, Greg, Skyzm Jlo, Andy you're all great (not that mah nebraskan buddies arent' cool Austin you're the best(SAWNIK), Eddie, I wish you coul.d come down more, Ulai and tyser, u's is super cool and I wish I could hang more (Tyser,,, supire sorry I couldn't be there last weekend to boozifuy your world)) we gotz to get some friendlys goin on nextwekk. Iowa has to have to coolest smahs scene in the nation, cuz I couldn't imagine anything better in the world. I love you guys. Rock on hardcore yo!!!

In other new sI'm gonna work on falco for a while cuz I'm a campy ***** at heart, yea? Gotta get me some SHDL goin on yo! Maybe then I could stop being a predictable 'nado-downmash *****, yea?

HWELLL YEA FIRST SEASON DIGIMON. Garurumon was totally the best...especially when he went all Weregarurumon!!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah our Smrsh scene is pretty legit, and games will probably happen next week at some point.
Also I picked up Falco just for Snake and I think JLO was playing Falco a bit now too.
I'll probably work on Falco more when I get more than an hour and a half of practice on ICs >.>.

Also Weregarurumon was pretty awesome but Leomon had Falcon Punch.

Hey, so when exactly is the St Louise tourny?
Jan 30th-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257160

Is the 9th the Final confirmed date for our tourney? I just want to make sure so I can take the day after off since I'm usually devastated after the tournament in some way.
:laugh:

*reads Connor's post*

*facepalms*

Living up to your reputation, sir. :p
LOLOLOL.
Too good.
But expected.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Good that date falls perfectly, im going to have to play nothing but smash the week before Jokers so i dont get rocked. Last time i played was last time in Des Moines lol.

Joker, is it kool if Zash comes down with me for like 4 days and prolly your tourney?

Top Bottom