• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Tyser I have been training my ice climbers hard core lately as well. They indeed can do some pretty rigged shtuff....

Tyser

Smash Champion
I can only infinite every single light character so far. Im working on the heavies but it seems impossible for me.

EDIT: Peoples better watch out for Ice Lock.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
I can only infinite every single light character so far. Im working on the heavies but it seems impossible for me.

EDIT: Peoples better watch out for Ice Lock.
HAHAH Ice Lock nothing that shiet is gunna be garbage....lol.....:laugh:
welp im actually looking forward to seeing that...

CBK

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Tyser I have been training my ice climbers hard core lately as well. They indeed can do some pretty rigged shtuff....
Maybe u should try em out with me and CBK this friday?
We could play at JLOs unless hes busy or if u guys are busy.

Plus this way u guys will actually be able to play people that are better than u?
LOL KIDDING
Chillax.. -_-

-BC-

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hahahah jake comon man its been awhile since you played us......^_^ i wana play your MK with my pika again REAMATCH....AH!!!!!!......

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'd like to try Melee crews, most likely some Melee MM's too.

And is it okay if I visit maybe on Friday Joker? Come see MN and maybe a smashfest before the tourney?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
In the tourney itself aren't infinite grabs illegal? I don't think chain grabs are because they are limited, but infinite grabs are illegal correct?

Heh, we'll c about this friday. I had to switch work to 5 am to 12 to be able to make the whole tourney so I don't want to be out very late at all. But about playin against mk, I have a lot of new characters ready to challenge pika first. G&W, Ice Climbers, and Wario to name a few of the new....

Uli

Smash Champion
i say if you can infinite grab, DO IT!!
sakurai didnt take it out so DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
OK, just a little confuse, so who's all coming down from NE.

CaptainLove911] Hey MN! Sorry bout this said:
Presidente said it, we can house you, I'll most likely play Melee with you guys but I suck now(or still), also make sure u guys bring some blankets and pillows since i don't have enough and maybe a sweater if you get cold easily since it is a basement plus a/c, and if you haven't read it on Tyser post the address is on the first page, by the way Tyser ur right me and bone are bros. Also Blank just drop by on Friday if you want.[/COLOR]

In the tourney itself aren't infinite grabs illegal? I don't think chain grabs are because they are limited, but infinite grabs are illegal correct?
First Page :3

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I know its your tourney so do what with the rules you want, but I think until 300% is kind of ridiculous. If the grab happens early in the stock that means the person only has to hit the opponent three times to win....

Uli

Smash Champion
I know its your tourney so do what with the rules you want, but I think until 300% is kind of ridiculous. If the grab happens early in the stock that means the person only has to hit the opponent three times to win....
so wut sakurai left it in the game so i say its totally cool to use

Uli

Smash Champion
Or maybe u say its totally cool to use cause one of ur best friends is the only one that does it? Hmm? :laugh:

But its fine with me, idc... You are right tho, it's in the game so yea wut the hec.

-BC-
no that isnt it at all
of all things sakurai could have taken out of the game he didnt
so i think he wanted it to be in there so we should abuse the crap out of it

Big Burn

Smash Lord
lol thats funny ULI.... i didn't even notice that u quoted me in your sig... how long have u been doing that?

Tyser

Smash Champion
I dont think infinite grabs should be illegal because it's your fault if you fall into them.

Dedede's standing infinite can only be done on Mario, Luigi, Samus, Bowser, DK and Dedede. Meaning dont use those chars against Dedede. Solution fixed.
If you fall into Dedede's wall infinite then youre just an idiot (unless the stage has walls everywhere, but all those are banned so meh).
Ice Climber's infinite grab (it's not really an infinite grab I think) is tough as shit to do so I think it should be in. ICs can only do the Bthrow+Fthrow+Bthrow+Fthrow+repeat infinite if the other character is very light like MK, Kirby, Pika, etc. Choose a different char if you dont want this to happen. Solution fixed.

Basically, if you dont wanna get infinite grabbed, dont get grabbed. It's tough, but man up son(s).

EDIT: Locks are allowed at this tournament right? I mean if you get caught in a lock you apparently arent that good at Brawl (unless its an Ice Lock then its understandable).

EDIT again: AH HA! That dude said it's legal, so there it is nyukuhs!

Uli

Smash Champion
lol thats funny ULI.... i didn't even notice that u quoted me in your sig... how long have u been doing that?
ever since that day i think, my old sig was covering it but i got rid of it bc that was under it

yoker your going to have to explain this striking shinanigans at the tourny O.O
locks are freaking ******** but i am for them!!!!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Locks are allowed at this tournament right? I mean if you get caught in a lock you apparently arent that good at Brawl (unless its an Ice Lock then its understandable)
I think the same rule applies to them, but if the Ice Lock works the same way like Falco's Laser Lock, which i think it does, it eventually pushes the player to the ledge, ending the lock, must of the locks I think are harder to do, then IC wabble in Melee, but i never play them so, oh and sometimes the player will screw it up, plus if done from one side to the other let's say FD, it only does around 15-20% since projectiles get weaker the further they travel.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Yeah I know :p Jab locks are ghey esspecially if Jigglypuff is doing the locking o.O jab + jab + jab + jab + jab + jab + Dair + REST = YAY

Tyser

Smash Champion
:-D I figured you'd accept seeing as you play against a Pikachu all the time. But my Pikachu is out of this world my xlouche.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Tyser, you play too many characters, when the hell did you pick up Pika?

Also, for those complaining about infinites, here's a solution: Stop Failing.
For Grab Infinites: Don't get grabbed, or play Game and Watch (lulz).
For Wall Infinites: Don't be ********?
For Locks: Tech when you hit the ground, and as far as I know there are a few reliable setups for locking someone but they are usually ridiculous and involve footstooling, except for the Ice Lock, but then again you can avoid that by not getting grabbed. ;)
:083:

Tyser

Smash Champion
I just asked a Moderator about the situation. One of them is working on it supposedly.

EDIT: Which avatar should I use? This one or that one
Nia got boring so I wanna fire up some Haruhi Fujioka.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
:-D I figured you'd accept seeing as you play against a Pikachu all the time. But my Pikachu is out of this world my xlouche.
Lol yep... Pika is just about all i play heh :)

I cant really see u bein a better Pika already that quick if u just started playing him...

But hey if u are fux pro already and u do beat me then i guess u deserve the $5 :laugh:

-BC-

Top Bottom