• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
im going to need to make a plush or find a plush of a pokemon i use o.O

we were just going to do gym leaders but i dont think it really matters lol
I'mma carry around an Onix.
In my pants. :bee:

Roark will be pretty easy to pull off though.

Also Chloe is Yink.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
@Yink: Yay for decision making! You'll make a good Phoebe.

@Tyser: Sounds good, but I think Chloe is Phoebe > Flannery. We'll see what I can talk Connor and Mindy into. And naw, she likes cosplay (kinda... very lazy and *****y about getting into costume *tried to get her to be Rinoa for awhile*) and anime cons, but might not have funding.

@Cosplay pplz: I think having one of our pokemon in plushie form would be kick ***. Let's do eet, if everyone can.

@Tyser: Yeah, sorry. I wanna be Messenger Nia, but she's time skip. :p I think we know how you feel about that. If you'd be in for a time skip get up and all that jazz, let me know, though.

PEACE! Going to bed for sleepy times. @.@ Games @ Andy's tomorrow?

Tyserification

Smash Lord

I dunno why, but I like em young . . . but not in a gross pedophile way . . . but kinda.

EDIT: So it's 1:45AM and I gotta wake up at 6:30AM to prepare for my final exam that is gonna make or break me. Big mistake on my part...

*sleeps forever

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
@Love: well i think im going to be green but maybe blue...not sure yet.

yea work till 6 then im heading up to ames right after i get off cya ppls there...^_^v

CTX

Smash Journeyman
I hear South Dakota (are they even a state) is showing up. So we can have a good amount of teams there this time? Fresh blood...

Trent

Smash Champion
Who the **** is Brawly? All I think of when I hear that is Brawl, with a y at the end.

And that makes me think of Sonic.

And that makes me think of that horrible Sonic '0**** game.

...Wait.

Isn't this thread meant for Smash discussion..? HYPE FOR TOURNAMENT IN TWO DAYS?!?!

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
You realize that Green is a boy (In the anime, he's Gary Oak) and that Blue is a girl (Random chick whose only in the manga, I think?) right?
This depends on which translation you read.

Official translation, Blue is your rival (male), Green is the chick who constantly jacks everyone's **** in Pokémon Special.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I hear South Dakota (are they even a state) is showing up. So we can have a good amount of teams there this time? Fresh blood...
Yeah there should be.
I still don't have a doubles partner though. :rolleyes:

You realize that Green is a boy (In the anime, he's Gary Oak) and that Blue is a girl (Random chick whose only in the manga, I think?) right?
They switched the names for the English translation. I think it has something to do with Red releasing with Green in Japan and us getting Blue instead originally so the rivals are different.
Who the **** is Brawly? All I think of when I hear that is Brawl, with a y at the end.
The Super Saiyan obviously.
...http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Brawly

Afrayail

Smash Ace
This pokemon stuff is confusing >.>

Anyway, I may or may not need a doubles partner. Depends on if I can find a teammate that works well with me (aka it'll help me not die if I pick olimar >__>)

There was a neato thread about what partners/placement would be a good team and I think that sounds better than MK and Oli randomly running in and throwing moves.. then again, it IS metakinght :D I think a problem is is that I/we tend to play doubles like two 1 vs 1s.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Sorry im not coming to the tourny, it was really hard to decide cuz this tourny is going to be epic, but on monday i me and my friend came across some Packers tickets for this weeks game in Green Bay against the Cowboys. Plus 2 of my other good friends had tickets so it will be really fun road trip. And i figure this opportunity only comes once in a great while i had to go with this. But since this happened i will come down next week thursday thru sunday cuz i have those days off from work too for some reason.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I got a feeling in my gut that Im gonna do terrible this time around. Not only because of the strong competition this time but the fact that I havent touched Melee in 2 weeks.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Sucks that you won't be there Peeks but have fun.
They're playing Dallas right?

I got a feeling in my gut that Im gonna do terrible this time around. Not only because of the strong competition this time but the fact that I havent touched Melee in 2 weeks.
There's a good chance I'm not even entering Melee.
Wow.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I tend to look on Gurren Lagann nor so much as a television show as a life-changing philosophical experience.

Or maybe the closest thing I have to a religion.

§chizm

Smash Lord
If no one is hosting I could maybe host. I rather go up to Ames with some though for convenience.
I think Andy said he was going to be able to host but he hasn't said so recently so I'm not sure.
I tend to look on Gurren Lagann nor so much as a television show as a life-changing philosophical experience.

Indeed.
turns out I'm coming after all
That's what she said?

Afrayail

Smash Ace

This.

Also, this pokeman manga is strange. I decided I'd read it after I read something about a Charmeleon slicing Arbok in half or something?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
UPDATE:

I have 5 people that will probably be doing Gym Leaders/Elite Four people with us. 1 is a girl and the rest are guys for now. But they don't know who to pick and I can't remember who everyone is being.

Can someone list what has all been taken?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
This was posted like. A couple pages back:

Tyser - Byron
Yulai - Wattson
Andrew - Norman
Matt - Red
Becca - Sabrina
Mindy - ? ? ?
Connor - ? ? ?
Greg - Volkner
Chris - Roark
Thomas - Azen
Tony - Green
Chloe - Phoebe
Silver - Drake
His friend - Jasmine
Trent - Brawly

Tyserification

Smash Lord
SHAZAM:

Andrew - Norman
Austin - Brawly
Becca - Sabrina
Chloe - Phoebe
Chris - Raoark
Connor - ? ? ?
Ed - Drake
Ed's friend - Jasmine
Greg - Volkner
Matt - Red
Mindy - ? ? ?
Thomas - Falkner
Tony - Green/Blue
Tyser - Byron
Yulai - Wattson

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, Fino, any character in specific you're looking to team with?

Edit: I got one of my friends saying she'll cosplay Misty, and she has another friend she's going with that'll cosplay prolly, too. Maybe Erika, but that was just us pondering.

Fino

Smash Master
Out of curiosity, Fino, any character in specific you're looking to team with?

Edit: I got one of my friends saying she'll cosplay Misty, and she has another friend she's going with that'll cosplay prolly, too. Maybe Erika, but that was just us pondering.
Anyone who's good at following directions tbh. lol

Uhh... damage racking, good in double team'd situations, someone who can watch the screen and see what's going on to all characters, high priority aerials / good-decent aerial movement speed.

Also someone who doesn't mind getting ***** ^^; or rather... doesn't mind jumping into the **** (just don't get *****.... @.@)

~Fino

§chizm

Smash Lord
Greg's Friends at the Con:

Steven (Sleepy Time Naruto): Morty
Vansay (Asian guy with him): Blaine
Wow Vansay is going as Blaine? :laugh:
Kan Kansas has housing ploKs?
We're bringing 2 cars... mostly melee
70% chance I need a teammate.... anyone?

~Fino
You'll definitely have housing don't worry.
It'll either be at Joker or Razor's, we'll get it straightened out tonight.

Also a few people need doubles partners including me. :ohwell:

Top Bottom