• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
That Ash was getting buck everytime he won, holy crap. I liked what they did with agility though.

If someone can't cosplay as a gym leader, they should get like a Snorlax costume or something.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
That's pretty darn legit except that the Ash was far too enthusiastic for my liking. That pose was overdone.

If we stick to one region of leaders its gonna be friggin TOUGH!

EDIT: Red has red eyes? He is Madara and Ninetails is Kyuubi o.O

Uli

Smash Champion
i could totally be a snorlax XDDD
it would get hot though D:

that skit was amazing
overloading with nostalgia

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's so hard to pick...I like them both that's why I ask lol..

I think I'll just go as Pheobe, because we look so similar. It'll be fun to put the designs on her. I wish there was a picture of her whole skirt in case something is behind it.

Also those pokemon images are AMAZING.

Trent

Smash Champion
Man, watching that skit really makes me wanna join the cosplay group. No idea who as though. I don't know the gym leaders very well.

§chizm

Smash Lord
That's pretty darn legit except that the Ash was far too enthusiastic for my liking. That pose was overdone.

If we stick to one region of leaders its gonna be friggin TOUGH!
Yeah Ash was getting excessively happy...
Also sticking to one region would be ridiculously hard.

Man, watching that skit really makes me wanna join the cosplay group. No idea who as though. I don't know the gym leaders very well.
I barely know anything about most of the gym leaders either.
I just went to Bulbapedia.

I think if we combined all of Nebraska/Iowa Smash we wouldnt even have 35 people to do the 35 leaders o.O
Getting all Gym Leaders would be close to impossible. Getting half that would be hard.

Also are games going on tomorrow somewhere?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yes. Now you people are speaking my language. 8)

Skits? If you want an actual skit, hit me up after we have a list of the gym leaders to brain storm. We could do a walk-on show casing our costumes and extreme nerdiness to a variety of different pokemon related themes and pose for a group shot (which we did for our massive FFX group last year.)

Having so many people in a group would make a skit difficult, but we could start brain storming basic ideas >.>.......

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Anyone hear about Pokemon Genesis or whatever? Scanned the article about it and supposedly it got bad reviews for being too dark/brutal or whatever for a pokemon game. Or something. Like.. zombargh pokemans?

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
That game sounds kinda interesting for a fanmade game. The fact that a Pokemon game is rated T kinda makes me laugh.

I think you're cosplaying as a female Pikachu

Uli

Smash Champion
give us a hint!

so like who is really going to be in the cosplay group?
we got

greg
chris
rebecca
tyser
matt
me
chloe
christian
trent?
silver?

bone should be juan obviously XD

§chizm

Smash Lord
Anyone hear about Pokemon Genesis or whatever? Scanned the article about it and supposedly it got bad reviews for being too dark/brutal or whatever for a pokemon game. Or something. Like.. zombargh pokemans?
That sounds ridiculous.
I don't think it's an actual game.

IDK if this is real or not. http://pokemonfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon_Genesis The other results I tend to find are the popular haxx0red version of fire red or whatever.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to pseudo-cosplay at this tourney ^_^ Whoever guesses who I am wins. (Not really, but I'll be slightly impressed or something)
I'll probably have no clue unless it's something ridiculously obvious.

We have quite a few people for this gym leader thing. O.o

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I should have phrased it better, my bad. I mean, whoever can guess/recognize who I am at the tournament wins.

On another unrelated note, is there anyone that'd be interested in cosplaying Simon's last costume?
..Is this a spoiler? Oh well. The bad *** looking one at the end when he's rescuing Nia.
I want to potentially cosplay Messenger/Anti-Spiral Nia, but I think it'd be fun/different to cosplay the version where she wears Simon's jacket.
I want to cosplay wearing this. Wearing only this. (lawl titanic reference)

I'd be willing to pay for a good portion of the cosplay if you were to buy it. 1/3rd or 1/2th maybe, depending upon what we work out wearing wise >.> I could also hook you up with a wig. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Edit: So there was a random emo looking guy hanging out with Mindy named like... Carl. He's a cool dude, but none of us really knew him. Anyway, after you guys left the room and Connor was sitting on the floor looking inches away from death, he came over and leaned down asking if he needed help. Connor said, and I quote,

"Naw, I'm good... thanks Dekline.."

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Edit: So there was a random emo looking guy hanging out with Mindy named like... Carl. He's a cool dude, but none of us really knew him. Anyway, after you guys left the room and Connor was sitting on the floor looking inches away from death, he came over and leaned down asking if he needed help. Connor said, and I quote,

lol
10char

Uli

Smash Champion
oh god rofl
XD
thats amazing

i think the only person that could even do simon would be tyser O.o

§chizm

Smash Lord

BAHAHAHA oh man.

I remember that random dude though.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I've been intending to do post-timeskip Simon for a while now, but I was going to do the outfit he wears while they're still in the city. Don't think I'll ever actually get down to that, though.

If we still wanted more protagonists, I could do Silver/Gold. Not really set on any one trainer yet, but I do want to join the group.

Trent's interested, I think, but isn't sure who to be.

Trent

Smash Champion
i Should Have Phrased It Better, My Bad. I Mean, Whoever Can Guess/recognize Who I Am At The Tournament Wins.

On Another Unrelated Note, Is There Anyone That'd Be Interested In Cosplaying Simon's Last Costume?
..is This A Spoiler? Oh Well. The Bad *** Looking One At The End When He's Rescuing Nia.
I Want To Potentially Cosplay Messenger/anti-spiral Nia, But I Think It'd Be Fun/different To Cosplay The Version Where She Wears Simon's Jacket.
i Want To Cosplay Wearing This. Wearing only This. (lawl Titanic Reference)

I'd Be Willing To Pay For A Good Portion Of The Cosplay If You Were To Buy It. 1/3rd Or 1/2th Maybe, Depending Upon What We Work Out Wearing Wise >.> I Could Also Hook You Up With A Wig. Let Me Know If Anyone's Interested.

Edit: So There Was A Random Emo Looking Guy Hanging Out With Mindy Named Like... Carl. He's A Cool Dude, But None Of Us Really Knew Him. Anyway, After You Guys Left The Room And Connor Was Sitting On The Floor Looking Inches Away From Death, He Came Over And Leaned Down Asking If He Needed Help. Connor Said, And I Quote,

"naw, I'm Good... Thanks Dekline.."
Blue Hair Is Awesome!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Dekline isn't a cute lil shota though. <3
:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:
I've been intending to do post-timeskip Simon for a while now, but I was going to do the outfit he wears while they're still in the city. Don't think I'll ever actually get down to that, though.

If we still wanted more protagonists, I could do Silver/Gold. Not really set on any one trainer yet, but I do want to join the group.

Trent's interested, I think, but isn't sure who to be.
Trent could probably do Morty pretty easily. Or a couple others if he wanted to.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
i wana join this cosplay thing but it would probably interfere with my trip...but if we decide to do it then im doing brendan/emarld or where ever hes from...i dont think i could do gym leaders. whose knows

ill look at a list of them.

if i do a gym leader i call Volkner.

Top Bottom