• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im only doing Melee at this. Im out of monies.

Also, I think Uli and Matt owe me $20 a piece.
- Uli: Random con shit.
- Matt: I paid for his Perkins and I think he owe me gas money from the Ames trip.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I tend to look on Gurren Lagann nor so much as a television show as a life-changing philosophical experience.

Or maybe the closest thing I have to a religion.

This.

Also, this pokeman manga is strange. I decided I'd read it after I read something about a Charmeleon slicing Arbok in half or something?
Sounds like y'all should join the church of GARthenism.
Not as well knows as the church of Haruhiism but still has its fair share of followers.

We believeth in ye
Who believeth in us

Disclaimer: While it may seem like I follow the teachings of GARthenism, it has more to do with my understanding and belief on GETTERvolution and its rays.

Trent

Smash Champion
SHAZAM:

Andrew - Norman
Austin - Brawly
Becca - Sabrina
Chloe - Phoebe
Chris - Raoark
Connor - ? ? ?
Ed - Drake
Ed's friend - Jasmine
Greg - Volkner
Matt - Red
Mindy - ? ? ?
Thomas - Falkner
Tony - Green/Blue
Tyser - Byron
Yulai - Wattson
Who the **** is Austin?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
If I don't partner with Ptato or whatever, my Pikachu is decent for doubles situations. Proobably not my Olimar yet, unless I have a partner that can pay attention and dig me out if I'm gonna get gimped.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Afrayail are we doing the honors building again tonight?

I'd like to host but I'm gonna have to leave earlier than usual to work on a term paper.

Uli

Smash Champion
XDDDD @ bones post
i feel the same way at TTGL, its the best

this gym leader thing is sounding too good O.O

Afrayail

Smash Ace
So scoop is at Andy's from 7-9, then we kick it to the honors building?

Edit: Whoever can confirm this and has mah number, shoot me a text. Nap time.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
This.

Also, this pokeman manga is strange. I decided I'd read it after I read something about a Charmeleon slicing Arbok in half or something?
This happens. I actually own a physical copy of the volume, it's hardcore. Make sure you're reading the right manga, there are two. It's the one with red instead of Ash.

Also Red like, murders every pokémon in Brock's gym. They all turn into rubble.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure I'm going to be back at my place at 7 but it will be 7:15 or 7:30 at the latest (depends how fast I can give plasma).

If you want to text me before you come or when you get into town I'll let you know if I'm back.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Sounds good, man.

And yeah, Tyser, this **** is intense. I just picked it up on mangafox today, too, and it's like.. this is what pokemon should be :O

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Chapter 11, son. I'll keep reading at some point. Gotta get to Sabrina. >.> I wanna make either an Abra plushie or a Haunter one (maybe cardboardesque cut out, I've seen it done before and it's pretty spiff if you do it right) if I can't find one to buy.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yeah, except mangafox flips back and forth between scanning right or wrong. It keeps flipping reading styles... right to left, left to right.. and they randomly call him Blue instead of Green, etc.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Im only doing Melee at this. Im out of monies.

Also, I think Uli and Matt owe me $20 a piece.
- Uli: Random con shit.
- Matt: I paid for his Perkins and I think he owe me gas money from the Ames trip.
I gave you a 20 that weekend. It was originally 10 due to gas then you bought me Perkins so I just gave you my 20. I remember since you kept offering to give me my 20 back for cosplay shopping.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Hey,
does anyone have information on copyright laws about school events not being able to have a bunch of people watching the same video game at a time?
im trying to get a brawl tourney going here but for some reason theres a "copyright law that states a plethora of people cant watch one t.v. (though i will have 3) with 1 game playing on it"
anyone know if this is true or if they are just being ********?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
If you'll have 3 TVs anyways I fail to see how it would be a problem.

Also, I think they are being ********, ask them to bring up the specific part of the law that states that. If someone buys a TV you'd think it'd be their right to have as many people watch it as they want.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey,
does anyone have information on copyright laws about school events not being able to have a bunch of people watching the same video game at a time?
im trying to get a brawl tourney going here but for some reason theres a "copyright law that states a plethora of people cant watch one t.v. (though i will have 3) with 1 game playing on it"
What?

My school used to have DDR out for gym class everyday. Copyright laws? pftt...

We've also done Guiter Hero tourneys.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
lol thanks for the input, i plan on talking to the dean tomorrow and see what they say about it.
it sounds like a load of bull and misinformation to me, which i hope it is.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1924662

50 worst video game lines. This sh*t is FUNNY!!!
"I like girls. But now, its about justice."

Spoken like a true hero.

Hey,
Not sure but sounds like he is probably getting it confuse with public performance
http://www.criterionpic.com/CPL/lcl_faqonpp.html
which applies to showcasing movies in public, I think. Don't believe any of that applies to video games but I dunno. Tell him he is being a silly buns.

Top Bottom