• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
so is there anything goin on tonight or something?
Me, CBK, and a friend are lookin to play some games tonight as well :O

-BC-
There you go. Razor is droping by later today and maybe Skizm c(^.^c)

Also, everyone GET HYPE!
Hopefully we get a decent amount of people for tvc joker.
HYPE!!1
But yeah hopefully we get a decent amount of people for it >.<

So I've been hearing different arrival times on what time to be there. If we're entering Brawl, what time should we be there by? Can you clarify for me Joker? I assume 12:30?
Well, If you have a setup, Be there by at least 10:30.
The venue isn't open until 11, the maintenance guy will be there to let people setting up in at 9 but the door is going to stay locked. People won't be able to get in until 11.
^This, since the venue doesn't actually open till 11 people need to arrive around that time the only people being there early is going to be Razor and I(For Brawl) and anyone else who's bringing a set up which as of now is only Trent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6In1K8zKk&feature=related

Lmao. This is the best MAD TV skit ever. (It's actually funny)
You got eggnog on my goat milk >.<
I remember seeing this a while back on TV and I have never laugh so hard I actually blacked out for like a sec good times.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
You got eggnog on my goat milk >.<
I remember seeing this a while back on TV and I have never laugh so hard I actually blacked out for like a sec good times.
YEA! That was at my house man! We had some good times with Juan, Tommy, you, and me. :laugh: People: Card games brings us together more than video games.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Yo Nappy I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish,

but Tyser had the best forum trolling of the year!

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Joker, those guys just left, should be there in 4ish hours, but Zash is driving and he is terrible, so they might not even make it. And did you get my message about showing up next week thursday thru sunday?

Also 10 was my favorite, and i actually think the second half of the franchise is better than the first.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
FF10 was pretty good, and the battle mechanics were done the best in that imo. Thank god for the turn list.

FFT is the best game in the series though. <3

I'm actually not looking forward to FF13, it looks really uninspired and bleh all over. Seriously, one of the same plot devices they've used for way too many games and the characters just seem so bland. Played the Japanese PSN demo for a bit and that black dude with a chocobo in his afro is just pure comic relief, the Japanese sure are ahead of us they are...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
am I the only one here who played suikoden games? :|

*changes subject*
Suikoden II and III are the best, and Suikoden V looks pretty.

K Tales games now. Tales of Graces characters look like they're out of some cheesy battle highschool, with a bit of Persona and Star Ocean faces. Battle system has CC and the game is by the Destiny Remake team though so its going to be awesome no matter what. Not to mention the Veigue cameo.

Obligatory Tales Games hierarchy:

Destiny:Remake > Destiny 2 > Legendia > Abyss > Rebirth

Tales game music tier list:

Sex Tier

Legendia

Awesome Tier
Innocence
Destiny 2
Abyss

Sakuraba Tier :ohwell:
Almost everything else.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Only FF I really liked is 9, every other one I find boring.
FFT is the best game in the series though. <3
Have tried FFT many times but just makes me want to play tactics ogre. Which is why square enix pisses me off for having the rights to ogre battle but doing nothing with it for almost a decade.
Why bother making ogre battle when you can make more final fantasy!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Only FF I really liked is 9, every other one I find boring.

Have tried FFT many times but just makes me want to play tactics ogre. Which is why square enix pisses me off for having the rights to ogre battle but doing nothing with it for almost a decade.
Why bother making ogre battle when you can make more final fantasy!
Its not the only series they've done that to. They have tons of RPG licenses under their belt. Square needs to make a new Live-A-Live game, and more of the mana series instead of moving onto Kingdom Hearts...

FFT is super addicting for me, but iunno. The Ivalice games are the few titles I'm fond of. All 2 of them. Thinking about picking up A2 just so I can raise an army of mogs and bunnygirls.

What system was the ogre battle you recommended on? I know theres an N64 version but don't remember your opinion on it.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Andy: rofl @ post on last page

Nappy: son you got a death wish >.>.... Naw but really, I liked 10 probably the most. And I cosplay from it <.<.. X-2, now, that's ****. :p

MJG: So you're definitely coming? I'd like to see a good Toon Link in action; it'd be good for mah friend to, also :3

Cook: Speaking of watching good players, I'll probably stalk you for awhile so don't mind a random girl watching your Oli matches o.O Recovery tips helped, btw. Thanks mucho. ^_^

And dang, reading this manga really makes me wanna play the original pokemon games again >_< Or at least the remakes of them. And wtf is with like, all the gym leaders being with team rocket?

napZzz

Smash Hero
tactics and 6 are the best FF games in the series

and suikoden III is one of the greatest games of all time.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker, those guys just left, should be there in 4ish hours, but Zash is driving and he is terrible, so they might not even make it. And did you get my message about showing up next week thursday thru sunday?

Also 10 was my favorite, and i actually think the second half of the franchise is better than the first.
Kool beans and yeah mang I saw it I thought I reply but maybe didn't anyways good $h!t

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
WHAT'S THIS? PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT FF?

FFT:WotL > FFT > FFV > FFXI > FFIX > FF:CC (With Friends) > FFIV > FFTA2 > FFVI > FFX > FFII > Bahamut's Lagoon > FFIII DS > FF:CC RoF (By yourself) > FFTA > FFVIII > FF:CC RoF (With friends) > FFI > FFVII > FFXII > FFIII > FFMQ > FFCC (By yourself)

Bolded games are ones I have not completed. I hope I didn't forget anything. When I say FFII I mean the remake, played the original for ~3 minutes. FFIV DS and FFIV occupy the same slot for me.

FFX I used to have a problem with, until I took a second look at it. The story is incredibly solid, most of the characters are likable, and you can't knock the music. I've always preferred turn based to ATB, too.

napZzz

Smash Hero
none of the characters are likable in FF 10

the main character is an annoying cry baby for example. Tidus is also very generic when it comes to how he acts. Like that guy who may not be your best friend but he always pulls through when you need him kinda ****. <_<

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I said most.

I find Auron, Yuna, and Rikku very likable.

I honestly don't find Tidus that bad. He's terrible in the beginning (I'm cold! I need food!), and at the end, (KAY EVERYONE LETS BLITZ) but the middle parts he's not so bad.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I liked FF8, FF10, i tried playing FF7 like a long time after it got released and i just couldn't stand the graphics. I'm a big fan of the movie and i know pretty much the entire story.

I liked FF10 the best, but mostly cause my characters were godly.

Tidus was annoying at parts, Yuna was a ******. Auron was a badass. And I think Wakka might have been mentally challenged, but the gameplay was fun. Lulu's boobs were EPIC.

Anyways, good luck tomorrow to the gentlemen I know . Nappy, you're a pathetic troll compared to tyser.

If JBM and Razor don't win, I will be disappointed in both of you.

Trent

Smash Champion
So random news. Apparently the number 1 complaint of Nebraskon on the papers was the Brawl tournament. COMPLAINING WORKED?!?! WHAT?!?!?

Anyways, our Nebraskon staff friends upstairs just told Silver that me and him are running the tourney next year. GET HYPED FOR SOME 75 METER / MARIO BROS. ONLY STAGES!!! WITH HAMMERS ON!!! and other things to piss you off.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
So random news. Apparently the number 1 complaint of Nebraskon on the papers was the Brawl tournament. COMPLAINING WORKED?!?! WHAT?!?!?

Anyways, our Nebraskon staff friends upstairs just told Silver that me and him are running the tourney next year. GET HYPED FOR SOME 75 METER / MARIO BROS. ONLY STAGES!!! WITH HAMMERS ON!!! and other things to piss you off.
****, son. You're a better troll than this Nappy person :S

Also the "TIDUS IS A CRY BABY WAHHH" argument is overused. Sure, compared to other main characters in previous titles he's not on the ridiculously "bad ***" side, but that's not even realistic. Tidus has personality, and is a more believable character--ffs, if you were ripped away from everything like him, would you be standing there all calm and collected? I'm pretty sure you'd be crying like a *****.

Not to mention one of the key factors--he's hot n_n; (zomg in the cut scenes he's so asiaaany.) FFX wasn't the most fun for me to play through, but its chars have more depth than like.. 7's (a great game, but still >.>)

§chizm

Smash Lord

Awesome.
Make sure it's 3 minute timer so I can time people out again.

Whats the expected turnout? ;o
I actually have no clue. It won't be a bad turnout. It's hard to tell because it's hard to tell how many random people will be joining from the other tournaments and such.

Also FF10 was...alright. 9 was definitely my favorite out of all of them and I didn't like any others after it particularly much.
Also I didn't really like FF7 that much.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I don't expect decent character development in Final Fantasy games. I play them for the world immersion, customization, music etc. If anything, even the most praised FF games can be fairly ill-contrived. They just take on a certain level of benevolence when it comes to finding their own interpretation of real life problems or skewed mythology, but lately their approach has become less whimsical and they can probably succeed on production values alone.

Its like they grew up but still desperately attempt to have a logical outlook on their childhood, and thus is the fuel driving the inane discontinuities and inconsistent metaphysical trite that plagues the Kingdom Hearts series now. They need to direct their outbursts somewhere after puberty.

So yeah, lately just been addicted to Steambot Chronicles and FFT, been wanting to get the new PS0. Maybe if I make money in tomorrows hype tourney. I'm going to get sooooooo wasted.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Plus 10 had the best side game, blitzball which was incredibly addicting. Wish they would have came out with a seperate game for it. 9's card game was really good too, but im glad they did away with the cards. Jecht was also the freakin man, thats the first time i remember being attached to the bad guy, looking back at his past in Spira just made me like him.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Plus 10 had the best side game, blitzball which was incredibly addicting. Wish they would have came out with a seperate game for it. 9's card game was really good too, but im glad they did away with the cards. Jecht was also the freakin man, thats the first time i remember being attached to the bad guy, looking back at his past in Spira just made me like him.
Jecht? He's epic, with one of the best themes evar >.> His sword is also large, phallic in shape, and kick ***. FFX also has some fun weapons.

http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/data/15/large/FFX_weapons.jpg

Too bad the Jecht from Nebkon broke the handle off... or out, since it's supposed to screw in.. but both the connector parts got ripped out of the base somehow o.O

gantrain05

Smash Master
u guys suck at rating FF games, FFT:WoTL = super fail, just play FFT its better and a classic, FFIII(jpn 6) and FF7 are easily the best strait rpg FF games, and FFIX is just behind them. the old ones are kind of suck to be honest, they had lots of problems but they were still pretty fun. after the ps2 era tho........eh.....FFX was ok, at least it had an original storyline and such, FFXI doesn't count cuz MMO's suck. FF12 had a weak *** storyline and the chars were just meh, and the crystal chronicle games don't count, they are terrible.

also nappy is a terrible troll, noboby will live up to the legend that is tyser.

napZzz

Smash Hero
u guys suck at rating FF games, FFT:WoTL = super fail, just play FFT its better and a classic, FFIII(jpn 6) and FF7 are easily the best strait rpg FF games, and FFIX is just behind them. the old ones are kind of suck to be honest, they had lots of problems but they were still pretty fun. after the ps2 era tho........eh.....FFX was ok, at least it had an original storyline and such, FFXI doesn't count cuz MMO's suck. FF12 had a weak *** storyline and the chars were just meh, and the crystal chronicle games don't count, they are terrible.

also nappy is a terrible troll, noboby will live up to the legend that is tyser.
I agree with your opinion of final fantasy completely.

but I still dont get why you guys think I'm a troll...lol. I disagreed with somebodys opinion. Is that it all it takes nowadays? Or am I just being trolled in the process of being called a troll.... :|

gantrain05

Smash Master
i dunno if your trolling, honestly this thread moves so fast and im on here so little i don't read most of it, but if you were a troll, you would be less than 10% tyser, also, that is how i measure trolls now, is on the Tyser scale.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace

Next time I see you, I expect you'll be huge and green, sporting horns and a tail.

EDIT: Upon review, you might not be a troll. You might just have terrible opinions. >.>

EDIT2: Oh, I almost forgot.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYeYeYeYeYeYeYeYeYPPPEEE

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Next time I see you, I expect you'll be huge and green, sporting horns and a tail.

EDIT: Upon review, you might not be a troll. You might just have terrible opinions. >.>

EDIT2: Oh, I almost forgot.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYeYeYeYeYeYeYeYeYPPPEEE
This. Mostly the hype part. HO****TWOHOURS.

Top Bottom