• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Next tourney Date

So does anyone want a specific date for the next tourney, If not how about Friday 18th of July at 6:00, does that work?

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to make it on the 18th. Got a wedding to go to in Wisconsin on the 19th. But don't let me stop you guys from having fun.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
oh the 18th is a bad day for me too, since i have to go to USD football camp for 3 days, so i'll be gone from i think the 18th, 19th, and 20th. i should be back on the 20th late at night. so i most likely will not make this one. too bad since i like sleeping 14 hours in ur basement joker. c('.'c)

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey so just wonderin, if theres any videos of the matches played at the last tourney? i'd especially like to see my team vs ames to see where we screwed up and it would be nice to see the championship match.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
hey so just wonderin, if theres any videos of the matches played at the last tourney? i'd especially like to see my team vs ames to see where we screwed up and it would be nice to see the championship match.
i don't think the championship match was recorded.. something about it lagging the game.

but yeah, if you have ames vs double dragons set I would love to see it as well.

it's fox&wolf vs wario&zelda.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Oh hay, look, a tourney. I might go. It's 5 day's after my 18th birthday so I'll have plenty of money for MM's. Hopefully I can drag Sfor with me. If not, I'll just do Brawl Singles. Good luck to everyone and Cheers.

~Yoon

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Just to check, is it doubles and singles for both Melee and Brawl?
Is Brawl Doubles and Singles for sure, but for Melee depends on how many people wants to play them cause the only people that i know will prefer Melee over Brawl is Fall, V2K, Nova, C.Love, but if more people wants to play the Melee Tourney we can set it up.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Port City Vs. .... Will those matches ever be uploaded to youtube? Congratulations to Ames for winning the tournament somewhere in Iowa today. Seems like the whole Ames crew will be ready for team battles. :-D

sluys

Smash Journeyman
We went to a small tourney near Cedar Falls. A couple good players there.

they had free pasta!

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah the more ppl the better, i hope everyone that showed up last time shows up again and then some, cuz ever team was pretty good, probably the closest matched tourney i've been to.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
And to think this was just suppose to be for Crew Battles glad I made it into a Monthly Tourney.

Also if u haven't seen it here's my combo vid ;-D tell me what u think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln6uh4wg9XE
Ames smashers are fine with tourneys or crew battles (we just wanna play).

That combo video is very well made. The only enemies I recognize are Dark and Schism, I need to fight them all!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

sluys

Smash Journeyman

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Touney Ideas

Joker, we gotta get some SSB 64 on the side man.

We could if Melee doesn't take as much time because somebody keeps talking on the cell *cough*(Nova) JK

But yeah we should, I was also thinking of doing a Random Char Brawl Tourney with Smash Balls on for like a dollar, anyone

PortCity

Smash Ace
I could have sworn the match between Port City and Joker's team was recorded. What happened to those matches? None the less, those matches were blah. It was just like playing back at home.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I could have sworn the match between Port City and Joker's team was recorded. What happened to those matches? None the less, those matches were blah. It was just like playing back at home.
lol yeah.. those matches look like our weekly stuff in Ames..

speaking of which. if anyone is interested in traveling to Ames, we play at least one night a week. If there's interest i'll maybe start a thread

gantrain05

Smash Master
so yeah, next tourney gonna be better than the last im guessing, but just wondering joker, u gonna raise the cost of participation or leave it at $5 per person?

Top Bottom