• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
Also, I forgot to post this earlier but the temperature in Joker's basement is usually around 40 degrees, so if you don't like the cold plan accordingly :).

I'll probably need a partner for Melee doubles as well.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I stopped playing for roughly 8 months before just getting back into it a week or two ago. So when you say rusty, I feel the pain!
Lol lies i know ur still too pro for all of us anyways.

Looks like this is gonna be a pretty good turnout :)
Also it seems like there will be plenty of setups, but maybe not enough TVs? Can't bring mine sadly... Lol sry :ohwell:

Yea same with Sluys.. hopefully mapquest wont fail. :embarrass

See everyone around 6!

-BC-

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
For those who remember David (Maze on SmashBoards), I'm happy to say that I was able to drag him out of a two-year retirement to be my doubles partner.

Lol lies i know ur still too pro for all of us anyways.
Oh please, you've never even met me. Captain Love will tell you how terrible I am. Where have you been hearing these lies? :p

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone who showed up. It was great to be able to play some new people. I hope to see some of you guys again in future tournaments. Sluys and I will be ready for you next time joker

gantrain05

Smash Master
good games, i don't think there was ever a match that was one sided, all the matches were good ones and it was fun, i hope we do it again next month.

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh yeah, what were the tournament standings then? after we lost to ames i went back to playin some casual matches and didn't pay too much attention lol. sucks cuz i was really lookin forward to playin jokers snake cuz i've never had the chance to play a good snake b4, maybe next time joker =P

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Joker's team ended up winning
Ames got second.
don't know how they handled 3rd because ?port city?, i think that was their name, had to leave before the final match. They would have played joker in the final because they beat Ames in the winners final.

and joker, there was a match between ames and a fox and wolf, again don't remember team names, that i think was recorded. could you get that put up on youtube?

sluys

Smash Journeyman
omg those matches vs fox/wolf were intense!!

if they were recorded, it would make my day.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah, that was my team, we were the double dragons (after the old NES and SNES games) but yeah those were some fun matches.
you guys put up one hell of a fight. i had to pull some crazy **** out in that 2vWario fight.

PortCity

Smash Ace
This is dude with the comb in his head from the Port City team. I have a few comments. 1. I want to see the Ames vs Joker's Team match, cause I'm confused as to how on earth they lost. 2. Can you guys post the match where Port City fought against Joker's team. That set of matches was quite amusing. 3. Something tells me these brackets were seeded :-D and apparently Port City was ranked low cause we were put against some of the teams that were expected to win first. 4. "Sorry" to the team that we beat first and said "How did we lose to them?" (or some derivative of that). 5. I feel guilty for putting our money in the pool. We basically donated the money to charity, because the team that eventually won the tournament was beaten decisively by us. (Check out the video when it gets posted.) 6. None the less, I had a great time and look forward to playing you guys again. Holla at us when ya'll play during the week, or when you guys want to swing to Ames and play. Remember guys, a little bit of trash talk is always healthy! :)

sluys

Smash Journeyman
1. I want to see the Ames vs Joker's Team match, cause I'm confused as to how on earth they lost.
Didn't know how to deal with the G&W or the Snake (plus we threw the first match away with suicides). We'll train and come for them next time ;)

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
1. I want to see the Ames vs Joker's Team match, cause I'm confused as to how on earth they lost.
Ya, the first match i suicided and got gimped as zelda. when i switched to lucario we did much better. we'll be comin back gunnin for them next time

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
GG's guys it was nice meeting everyone, I didn't tought there was going to be as many people as there was, oh and here are the standings.

Brawl Doubles:
1st - Knightmares - Joker(Snake) & Skizm(Game&Watch)
2nd - Ames - Sluys(Wario) & Voz(Zelda,Lucario)
3rd - Proficient - BC(Marth) & CBK(Pikachu)
4th - Port City - Mara(Mario) & Se'kou(Diddy Kong,Meta Knight)
5th - Double Dragons - Jlo(Fox) & JB(Wolf)
6th - Rice and Beans - Bonehimer(R.O.B.) & C.Love((Jigglypuff)
7th - Meatpuppets -
Sorry I can't remember everyones name tag or who was it that team, so post ur name tag,team and Char and I'll post it here plus this way i can know who's who next time

Melee Doubles:
1st - Destructive Laughter - Joker(Marth) & Fall(Peach)
2nd - Voluptious Gangsters - V2K(Fox_ & Maze(Ganondorf)
3rd - Asian Cracker - SkizmPeach) & Kudou-kun(Fox)
4th - Knee Of Justice - Nova(Samus) & C.Love(C.Falcon)

I'll Edit the first post for rules and the date for the next tourney, so the question now is when would people want to have the next tourney, also next time around we should do Brawl Singles and Crew Battles.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I'll Edit the first post for rules and the date for the next tourney, so the question now is when would people want to have the next tourney, also next time around we should do Brawl Singles and Crew Battles.
We should just do all of em. Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, and Crew Battles :laugh:

You just gotta start it earlier next time. Gantrain's crew will only be able to come on Fridays i believe cause thats his only day off.

Oh and my partner was CBK not BKJOE. BKJOE couldn't make this tourny but the next one he should be able to :)

Looking forward to playing again

-BC-

gantrain05

Smash Master
i was on double dragons team, it was Jlo(Fox) and JB(Wolf), and i believe ames team was wario and lucario if i remember right.

xfacta

Smash Cadet
yeah i am good to go to a tourney anytime on the weekends. i get off work at 530 on fridays so as long as it is after that i am good on friday nights. i think gantrain05 is only good for fridays. but yeah im looking forward to the next tourney, my partner will actually be there for the tourney this time.

PortCity

Smash Ace
"L.O.L." To the whole "4th - Port City - " thing. It is actually impossible for PortCity to be anything less than second place, because technically if we stayed would could have lost in the finals and gotten second. So forfeiting would/should in essence be the same thing :-D...LOL...not that I care (we wouldn't have left if we did) but that is hilarious to me. Not to mention we beat every team that was placed higher than us and team "Knightmares" would have had to beat us twice, when they were 0-2 when they played against us in our set. None the less, when is the next time you guys will get together?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
"L.O.L." To the whole "4th - Port City - " thing. It is actually impossible for PortCity to be anything less than second place, because technically if we stayed would could have lost in the finals and gotten second. So forfeiting would/should in essence be the same thing :-D...LOL...not that I care (we wouldn't have left if we did) but that is hilarious to me. Not to mention we beat every team that was placed higher than us and team "Knightmares" would have had to beat us twice, when they were 0-2 when they played against us in our set. None the less, when is the next time you guys will get together?
Yeah sorry but we had to do it this way for the brackets to work, and for the next tourney guys just post when will it be a good date for everyone and the time I think it should be at 6:00 this way we can get Brawl Doubles, Singles, Melee on the side and Crew Battles.

BC wants to put money on Crews but i think most people don't want to, so let's talk about it.
Oh and is the boards crashing again.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Dude, if you guys get a date on the next monthly early and if there are Brawl singles and Melee singles, Ill show up to the next one. And if I participate in crews and there arent any Nebraska peeps, does that mean Ill get like 20x stock?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Good games to all who showed up, enjoyed playing you people in the tourney but I wish I'd gotten some friendlies in with those I didn't go up against.
Next time I need to remember not to play Melee friendlies before Brawl matches, maybe I'll stop trying to Lcancel everything :ohwell: .
Hopefully we can fit more into the schedule for next time.

Dude, if you guys get a date on the next monthly early and if there are Brawl singles and Melee singles, Ill show up to the next one. And if I participate in crews and there arent any Nebraska peeps, does that mean Ill get like 20x stock?
Tyser you better show up to the next one man...You'd probably have to join up with another crew I'd assume...like ours? ;) A one man crew would be pretty boring to play against.

define "crew"?

then define "crew battles"?

or should i just do a simple search?
A "Crew" would generally just be the group of people you play with, (though sometimes people do Pickup Crews). A Crew battle consists of two crews at a time, preferably about 4-5 people each, and you spread out 20 stock (4 stock each unless crews are uneven). There is generally a Captain that selects Player order, and then each player goes against each other, keeping however many stock they had left the last match until one crew is out of stocks. Most of the time a player has to pick a character prior to the start of the crew battle and stick with it till the end.

Tyser

Smash Champion
A one man crew would be pretty boring to play against.
That's true, plus I play Samus lol. But if I crewed with your crew, crews would be way to easy but I guess it'd still be fun to pwn people.

§chizm

Smash Lord
That's true, plus I play Samus lol. But if I crewed with your crew, crews would be way to easy.
I'm pretty sure it would be Brawl crews because not enough of the other people play Melee (Unless another crew wants to do Melee).
Also, what do you mean "easy" ? Eheh :chuckle:

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
So, whos all going to FFC next weekend? I might go. Also I bought a PS3. MGS4 rocks. Plus I'm getting Blazblue whenever that comes out in Japan and also SCIV when it comes out next month. The thing I love about the PS3 is cuz its region free.:chuckle:

Tyser

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it would be Brawl crews because not enough of the other people play Melee (Unless another crew wants to do Melee).
Also, what do you mean "easy"?
Brawl crews would be interesting o.O
Easy as in if it was you, me, Joker, Love n Fall crewed versus the other Iowa Crews it would seriously be way to easy, ya know (in Melee of course)?

EDIT: Im going to FFC#3 next weekend!

gantrain05

Smash Master
Brawl crews would be interesting o.O
Easy as in if it was you, me, Joker, Love n Fall crewed versus the other Iowa Crews it would seriously be way to easy, ya know (in Melee of course)?

EDIT: Im going to FFC#3 next weekend!
maybe in melee cuz me or my crew haven't played that since brawl came out, every time i pick up melee i think i get infinite air dodges lol, but yeah brawl crews, if my whole crew actually shows up we could give u guys a serious challenge.

Top Bottom