• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

gantrain05

Smash Master
Next week sometime, Razor, Jlo, Blank and I need to sit down and play singles. I need some match up experience against a bunch of characters and I think you guys could fill in the gap for me. I want to be ready for the crew battle. Speaking of that. How many other states gonna be represented? I would absolutely love to wreck one crew and then have all these other crews lining up to get wrecked by us. Are we doing these crew battles for money or just reputation points? :-D
well i'd be glad to sit down with ya and play a bunch of my secondary chars, i'd like to get some diddy experience with someone other than peach/fox. i can give you almost all of the low tiers lol, i really don't play anyone above mid tier.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Sekou I am cool with winning their money and reputation points. And that sounds good about the singles work. I'm gonna try to talk Kit and the missouri folk into staying until you and mara are able to make it up on Saturday. Otherwise I am free everyday next week so let me know whenever you want to meet up.
We're free until probably 1:00 on Saturday. I gotta work at 5:00.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
WAIT A MINUTE...is it really CBK posting on the boards..LOL

just wanted to say WHATS UP EVERYONE!!!! but yea and also whose playing games tonight b/c kudo is going to pick me up later today so i just wanted to know whose all playing tonight at jokers...^_^v
Can Kudou grab-b me too? Or is that too much to givehoo? C'mon we're hammos! Dundeal?

Gasp-p goodgo, my hamcabulary is hamtastic. Tootru.

Uli

Smash Champion
I thought the exact same thing, that's a sweet song.

Joker are we still having BB on ps3? If so do you guys have 2 arcade sticks? I know you have love's so that's one. The reason why i'm asking is because if we have 2 sticks for ps3 then good, otherwise we could have it on 360 seeing how we have more than a couple sticks for that. I don't have anything against ps3 but I was just wondering how many sticks and such we have for it.
ill be bringing my ps3 sticks too
there super legit :D

PortCity

Smash Ace
I will have to catch ya'll sometime during the week. I have a hot date Saturday night :-P ... at least I hope it is hot :).

Joker: Check your PM

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Good games and fun last night. Joker/Bone sorry for leaving your basement a mess.... I hope it got somewhat cleaned up before everyone left.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, fun games dudes. But sorry for the mess.

Joker, I think I may have left my controller there. It is silver and the plug part looks like it has been chewed on. I also may have left a blue hoodie there. Can you see if those things are there?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So I was just trolling in the Wichita area thread and I got a good chuckle from their crew preparation talk. They do indeed think that Iowa is limited to Joker. So to prove a point Joker should be the last to go in so we can win without even using him.

It is looking like a Metaknight, a D3 (most likely), an Ike, a ZSS, a Fox, and probably a Pikachu perhaps a Snake. I think we most certainly have counter-picks a plenty to make this not too difficult of a mission. And to do a little trash talk back I am only concerned about one of them.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker here's that halloween remix for Luigi's Mansion if you wanna check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9gqKHvPgI

also: creepy brawl cosplay courtesy of DGust---> http://www.gregdestefano.com/
It actually sounds pretty good I'll probably end up using it >.0
And yeah that cosplay thing I have seen it before cause is from the show they have which by the way is actually pretty good people should watch it There Will Be Brawl

Yeah, fun games dudes. But sorry for the mess.

Joker, I think I may have left my controller there. It is silver and the plug part looks like it has been chewed on. I also may have left a blue hoodie there. Can you see if those things are there?
It was a fun night specially cause I didn't had to wake up early for a tourney the next day ^.^
Also I found the hoodie it was on the table and the controller which was next to the 360 >.<

I'm assuming Iowa has got plenty of hype for Gigabrawl eh?
Get HYPED!!!!!!11

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
No retirement homes Blank. A lot of Smashers thought of retirement homes as a venue a lot of times, but its never turns out good, plus you have to put in consideration that there are probably 100+ coming.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
No retirement homes Blank. A lot of Smashers thought of retirement homes as a venue a lot of times, but its never turns out good, plus you have to put in consideration that there are probably 100+ coming.
I thought it was just another community center.

Anyways, neither of the prospective venues I listed will likely allow alcohol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
So I was just trolling in the Wichita area thread and I got a good chuckle from their crew preparation talk. They do indeed think that Iowa is limited to Joker. So to prove a point Joker should be the last to go in so we can win without even using him.

It is looking like a Metaknight, a D3 (most likely), an Ike, a ZSS, a Fox, and probably a Pikachu perhaps a Snake. I think we most certainly have counter-picks a plenty to make this not too difficult of a mission. And to do a little trash talk back I am only concerned about one of them.
Good stuff. Here is my bit of reconnaissance.

Originally Posted by InfernoRage1 View Post
Its okay once you beat Joker, there's nobody left in Iowa.

Originally Posted by -Affinity- View Post
True, although Blank looks pretty good. I've only seen vids though.

Seems like a classic case of "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." None the less, in the spirit of the "Art of War" quote, "Know the enemy and know thyself; in a hundred battles you'll never be defeated." I have provided youtube links to the guys we will probably be fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...hraptor+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rmacide+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...r.+doom+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=holms+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...noRage1+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=zeton+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ffinity+brawl&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

I do agree with Razor. I think Joker should go last, for quite a few reasons. He is clutch, is good, and versatile. To me the positions are kinda broken into three parts. The first person's job is the get the lead. The next 3 players are batteries ala keeping the lead maintained. The 5th person is for clean up and the 6th person is for backup/reserve. I think Razor should go 5th. I think he would do a wonderful job of cleaning up and making sure IF someone gets to joker they are definitely down a few stock. Unless anyone objects, I'll take the first spot. They know nothing about me and there is a good chance I'll neutralize any stunts they try and pull off with their first player. Hehehe, the sad thing, even if they read this it does them no good. By the way, how do you choose stage for the very first match? Random?

gantrain05

Smash Master
realize that you have a peach on your team cps will happen.

joker you need to play against the top tiers.

consider cps.
heh, they can try to CP me, i play a very unconventional peach, what most people consider her worst matchups are the ones i actually do best with, MK does not scare me the least bit, DDD is a chump, pika is Nair bait, fox gets 0-gimp combod lol. im not too concerned with being CP'd. Also the fact that i play more than just peach at a pretty high level of play, you never know what to expect =P

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
We will probably stage strike for the first stage. I'm ok with the 5 spot and Joker the 6 spot unless we just want to counter-pick their characters. But regardless I say Joker goes last.

As for peach JBM: Peach doesn't really have any match-ups that are super ugly. And luckily for us I happen to play all of "bad" ones against Jlo all the time so he has plenty of experience with each of them.

Edit: Plus Sekou is going to get us soo far ahead it isn't going to matter.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
heh, they can try to CP me, i play a very unconventional peach, what most people consider her worst matchups are the ones i actually do best with, MK does not scare me the least bit, DDD is a chump, pika is Nair bait, fox gets 0-gimp combod lol. im not too concerned with being CP'd. Also the fact that i play more than just peach at a pretty high level of play, you never know what to expect =P
Hmm...

I think your best bet would be to go Bowser and koopacide all 3 stocks. Yeap.

PortCity

Smash Ace
We will probably stage strike for the first stage. I'm ok with the 5 spot and Joker the 6 spot unless we just want to counter-pick their characters. But regardless I say Joker goes last.

As for peach JBM: Peach doesn't really have any match-ups that are super ugly. And luckily for us I happen to play all of "bad" ones against Jlo all the time so he has plenty of experience with each of them.

Edit: Plus Sekou is going to get us soo far ahead it isn't going to matter.
I'm definitely going to try my best to make it so you guys can breeze through your matches without much stress. The good thing about me going first, even if I screw up and play badly we have enough good players to make up the difference. Me going first is equivalent to having their team walk across a volcano. If it blows, 3 dead, 2 with serious injuries. If it doesn't, they make it across safe :). Blank, it looks like I will need to play your Pikachu 1 on 1 for some practice.

Bone: That is a really good analogy. Will you be our Pokemon Master?!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yeh Sekou we need to have some dedicated to singles days in the near future. Let me know which days will work best for u.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I need a doubles partner.

I'm not very good at teams, though.
I hope one of you would still want to team with me, despite this fact.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Anyways, neither of the prospective venues I listed will likely allow alcohol.
Yeah that's fine we only drank last time cause it was an anniversary ^.^

Sweet, can you just bring that stuff to Gigabrawl then?
If I must >.<

Yeh Sekou we need to have some dedicated to singles days in the near future. Let me know which days will work best for u.
We need to play more singles period we do to much doubles >.0

§chizm

Smash Lord
You guys are putting significantly more thought than necessary to the Crews.

Also I still need a doubles partner for Giga. Kit?

Edit: Also was anyone up to playing games tonight for a bit?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
EVO Update!

Finals!
Street Fighter III: Third Strike: Winner: Justin Wong's team (I think) (Chun-Li/Yun)
Guilty Gear Accent Core: Winner: Latiff (Eddie)
Soul Calibur IV: Still going on.
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: Probably will start around 4:30 PM
BlazBlue: 7:00 PM or 8:00 PM
Street Fighter Turbo II HD Remix: 9:00 PM
Street Fighter IV: 10:30 PM

Live Stream if you care: http://evo2k.com/live/

§chizm

Smash Lord
You can't really plan counter-picks or player order before the crew battle actually starts because you're not sure of who exactly they are running and who will be knocked out earlier than expected. It's on-the-fly planning.
Also I watched some of the Soul Calibur at EVO and wanted to kill myself.

Top Bottom