• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You can't really plan counter-picks or player order before the crew battle actually starts because you're not sure of who exactly they are running and who will be knocked out earlier than expected. It's on-the-fly planning.
Also I watched some of the Soul Calibur at EVO and wanted to kill myself.
At least there were no campy Algol's, and tbh I found the Ivy and Zasalamel players entertaining. Amy and Cassandra mix-ups are all too standard though.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
So Razor if I'm not mistaken this is all that's going on the Party Van:

Razor, Jlo, Joker, Skizm, Blank, Love and Kudou, I know there was one open slot being Kudou's but I talked to Andy last time he was over and he said he coulnd't make it since he works weekens so then Kudou can take the last spot, I just wanted to mention it so you don't give his spot away ^.^
Plus I want him to go >.0

Also Peeks, Zash, Mduo are you guys going to GIGaBrawl o.0
I just haven't heard from you guys for a while T.T

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to question how much I even want to go to this thing anymore. We have to get hotel most likely, and have to be out by 9 at night? This is getting ridiculous. Seriously lets discuss this.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
we could have a decent tourney if someone from iowa hosted and bring a car from mn and ne =D

not nearly as far and would still be worth it for everyone i think

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Melee is going to be stupid at GigaBrawl. Ill be surprised if we get more than 30 people in singles.

Who from Iowa is coming to GigaBrawl?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
it looks like that u can only be at the venue from 10-9 on saturday and 12-7 on sunday. also u cannot say over night from what i've read in the gigabrawl thread, so things r lookin kind of grim since we cant stay overnight and the hours we can be at the venue is limited

gantrain05

Smash Master
well if theres no overnight i really can't afford a motel or anything as im already pushing it just to enter the tourney there =/

also me and jb and maybe another guy may come up for some magic tonight if anyone is interested? i'll actually bring my cards this time lol.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Hey I'm back! Anyone miss me?.........anyone?

Anyway, idk if me and peeks are gonna make this or not. The whole "not staying the night" thing is kinda lame. I know I'm just throwing johns out, but I am actually $60 in credit card debt with no money right now. It was an emergency that will be made clear to you all soon enough ;)

Screw gigabrawl, Joker just hold another tourney and tell MN to come. You all in Nebraska know you should do that instead. Plus I have decided that I am entering the Melee tourney next at Jokers. Peeks is also thinking about it. I'll play brawl friendlies still, but I will only have money for Melee. Gotta show some Melee love for once.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Damn, I dont wanna be the only person going to GigaBrawl. I have to go whether or not anybody goes because I have to drop off my cousin in KC this weekend.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I want to apologize for the absolute failure that has been the Gigabrawl situation since its inception. Frankly, I'm tired of dealing with **** like this, never getting done correctly. After the championships, the Midwest Circuit -West is done. There will be no season two.

Edit: I'm doing my best to get you guys housing. Please give me until Tuesday night or wednesday to get it all covered. I already have spots for about 5 people covered. If all goes well I may have more. I'll drive people to hosing myself if I have to.

PortCity

Smash Ace
IF people are still going, Mara and I will be getting a hotel room. So a few extra people are welcome to stay with us Saturday night.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Well prior to reading Inferno's and Stealth Raptor's posts I was pretty sure I wasn't going anymore but may yet again change my mind. Give me until like tomorrow night to decide. Thanks for the effort to house us. Without housing this whole thing is kind of extremely unfortunate for out of staters. I will let you know as soon as I make a decision. Within 24 hours most likely though.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hmmmm.....doors close at 9. Do you guys suspect any action will go on that night at someone's house or general going out, etc? If not Mara and I might just show up early on Sunday. I haven't been to an OoS so i don't know what happens after the venue closes.

Top Bottom