• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
We can switch it to your place next week. Everyone planned on coming here earlier than usual, so this week it is best to still have it here.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
one notice for whomever rides in my car should prolly bring some music c.d.s and such, i dont really have any good music in my car. how much trunk space will i need for stuff? i need to know if i should be prepared to remove my speakers tomorrow or not ><
Well I think people may bring their blankets and pillows and stuff. At least thats what I'm bringing, and probably some change of clothes. Though I don't know what day Razor wants to leave. Probably wouldn't be hard to carry, but ya might want to think about trunk space.

How is the car arrangement anyways? Since Razor isn't bringing the van.

Edit: Kudou will you be here around 3:40?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey joker, u should get this game for ur ps3 \(^o^)/ june 30 is the day for hype!!! i mean who needs Guilty Gear when u can have its hotter and sexier cousin. i mean it is Guilty Gears "spiritual successor". freakin japan gettin this game on june 25, 5 day ahead of us, i mean come on. also i just noticed that the main red guy has an eye patch now for some reason.......................

and they even have stick with fun stickers and such. man i wished that i had a ps3, i would be getting so many imported games since region is not an issue

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I watched tons of vids and am mad hype'd for that game. I'm going to main Taokaka, and probably second v13 or Clover. Lichi is looking to be top tier though, seriously.

Also Kudou, when you showing up tomorrow to pick me up? Do you need my address again?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
blank i can pick u up at around 3:40. since i plan to skip out of track tomorrow since i can careless for confress/districts right now. so u should expect me at around 3:30-3:45 tomorrow.

i dont really need ur address since i pretty much know the jist of where u live

as in Blazblue i think that im leaning towards maining Carl and secondary either Ragna, Noel, Litchi, or Rachael. its debateable on whom is to my likeings. i just have to find some 1 that i really like besides Carl. most likely its gonna come down to either Noel or Rachael

if u have an nico account u can see in this vid on y i like Carl and Ragna. Carl has some pretty **** combos and Ragna can be pretty aggressive

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6859681

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
hey joker, u should get this game for ur ps3 \(^o^)/ june 30 is the day for hype!!! i mean who needs Guilty Gear when u can have its hotter and sexier cousin. i mean it is Guilty Gears "spiritual successor". freakin japan gettin this game on june 25, 5 day ahead of us, i mean come on. also i just noticed that the main red guy has an eye patch now for some reason.......................

and they even have stick with fun stickers and such. man i wished that i had a ps3, i would be getting so many imported games since region is not an issue

I call dibs on Bang cause he is based on Ryoma Nagare and Ryoma is the most bad *** mech pilot ever.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yes, vaporeon makes is very good at maintaining a certain level of badassness while holding on to those important feminine features.
My thoughts exactly >.<
Good thing too cause I really wanted to train one <3

one notice for whomever rides in my car should prolly bring some music c.d.s and such, i dont really have any good music in my car. how much trunk space will i need for stuff? i need to know if i should be prepared to remove my speakers tomorrow or not ><
If you could please since I'm pretty sure everyone is bringing blankets and pillows so the space will be nice o(>.0)b

Is not an eyepatch is a scouter(lol Dekota), but is that date for japan only or for us cause either way I'll buy it but I'll need someone to order it for me if I have too >o<
And I'm liking the sticks I wonder if they are just as good as the ones for SF4 I should wait till KOF12 to see if they got sticks with theirs.

Also Kudou could you bring the stuff to hack the Wii since Dustin said I could hack it cause I may just buy his Wii anyways ^.^

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Blazblue actually isnt that good from what I've seen and heard. The comparison I've got is that it's the Brawl to the Melee that is Guilty Gear.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i hope im not imposing but is it ok to leave them at your place joker? they are enclosed in a box so its not hard to carry, and the amp is screwed into the box. all i have to do is unplug the wires and pull it out. but i dont really have room where i am to place it. if its not ok just let me know and ill try to find space somewhere.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Lots of fun last night. Remember DON'T LOSE TO ANY DIDDY's. Between -BC- and I there are is excuse for you guys to lose a single match :)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Omaha: How did you guys do in the melee tourney?

Joker did indeed get 3rd and played very well,
Zash got 9th I believe,
Blank got tie for 13th,
I got tie for 17th,
Jlo got tie for 25th,
I'm not sure on the rest and their exact placements.

Me and Joker got 4th in doubles, one place away from money. We did well though, our textures hacks hurt our final matches however.

Awesome tournament though, I think all were happy with their placements. There was by far the most talent at this circuit than any other tournament we have been too. It had over 50 entrants as well... More details later...

Uli

Smash Champion
the kc tourny omaha went to there was 9 people so there wasnt really a tourny XD

good shiit IA
yay baby yoker :3

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Singles
1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: Affinity (Meta Knight)
3: Joker (Snake)
4: Domo (Meta Knight)
5: Judge (Meta Knight)
5: ASC (Olimar)
7: Lain (ICs/DDD)
7: Zeton (Fox)
9: Holms (Kirby/ZSS)
9: Xisin (Marth)
9: Zash (Shiek/Zelda/ICs)
9: MOE (Meta Knight/Wario)
13: Ripple (DK)
13: Hilt (Olimar)
13: Blank (Diddy/Kirby)
13: KY (Pit)
17: Deepak (Falco)
17: NeoMagic (Ness/Meta Knight)
17: Razor (Meta Knight)
17: Thinkaman (Jigglypuff)
17: AmazingAmpharos (G&W)
17: Surjan (Diddy)
17: Mr. Doom (Ike)
17: Jordan (G&W)
25: Stealth (Pikachu)
25: Tactical (Lucario)
25: Fino (Olimar)
25: The Real Inferno (Meta Knight/ROB/G&W/DDD)
25: Futurewrestler (ICs/ROB/Mario/Diddy)
25: Legan (Link)
25: JLO (Peach)
25: Yoshii (Meta Knight)
33: MetalMusicMan (Meta Knight/DDD)
33: Triple R
33: Bone (ROB)
33: Crash (Luigi)
33: Kit (Wario)
33: Level 9 Snake (???)
33: Nicole (Peach)
33: CTX (Marth)
33: Mduo
33: Mister Eric (ROB)
33: Supergamer (Lucario)
33: YES!
33: Steeler (Not Ivysuar)
33: Peeks
33: Clel
33: Nyus
49: Kudou
49: Zyklon
49: Excel (Fox/Falco)
49: Good Ol' Marty
49: Amanze
I am officially no worse or better then a lvl 9 snake.

On a more important matter, it was recently brought to my attention(Razor) that some people can't distinguish my avatar from the real pic.

As you can see, my current avatar parodies the movie poster of "Hancock" by replacing Mr. Smith with an old fellow co star of the Emmy-nominated American television hit sitcom from the 90's knows as "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"

The character replacing Mr.Smith is Carlton Banks. Well knows for his famous dance The Carlton. Oh Carlton what a silly dance that is!

As you can see the humor here is replacing the serious role and expression with the wacky humor and priceless smile of Carlton. Now that I have explained my avatar the level of enjoyment you will get out of it is bound to rise. Enjoy and you are welcome.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
GOOD JOB GUYS!....man i was i couldve went ANTHER was there....-_- i wanted to ask him a few things about pika too...>_<

but yea ill see everyone at the montly? i hope so..its been like 2 months since ive touched a brawl game..O_o but yea me and hopefully -BC- could make the next tourny...^_^ cuz will take it this time lol...well maybe..;) since i havnt been getting practice..O_o

Uli

Smash Champion
im surprised no one noticed bones avatar O.O
jbm is holding a smeeeeeshfest this weekend if anyone wants to come

BOLT08

Smash Lord
im surprised no one noticed bones avatar O.O
jbm is holding a smeeeeeshfest this weekend if anyone wants to come
I noticed it, immediately!
And to be more specific, the smashfest is saturday.
And I will be there, so I expect everyone else to go.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
yeah, kahoka was overall pretty fun but the only downer on my side is that i played all worst match-ups ever in my pool and bracket. in pools it was all basically a chain-grab fest for the most part so i got jacked in pools. in the brackets if i would of beaten thinkaman first round i would of had better matchups. so brackets and pools wasnt really in my favor at all. it was enjoyable at the least but the car ride back was too good \(^o^)/ . also good shit at jokers last night, wii hacks ftw.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah CBK you should start watching anther vids that guy is too good man, i actually came sooooo close to beating him which surprised me alot, but my peach was really on that night. at least michigan didn't take top 3 lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Doubles Results
1: Team Bleach (Domo and KY) ($216.00) Meta & Pit
2: Bob Ross and His Happy Trees (Affinity and The Real Inferno) ($108.00) Meta & ROB/DDD
3: Rapid Royale (Clel & Zeton) ($36.00) Meta & Fox
4: Why So Serious (Razor and Joker) Meta & Snake

:-D It is obvious that Metaknight is required for entrance into the illustrious top 4. Good job placing you guys. Kinda got me interested in how I stack up against those out of state folks. Also, good job holding those other Diddy Kongs at bay :).

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Lain....

I think JBM lost to that dude in Pools at FC in '07. And then the next day JBM just ***** him. The dude was kinda quiet and/or creepy.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Lain is loud and hilarious when he is drunk....

Sekou I actually didn't play any diddy kongs during the entire tournament.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Can someone shed some light on why or how this team placed so high?

3: Rapid Royale (Clel & Zeton) ($36.00) Meta & Fox

Are they just REALLY good players, cause Fox and Metaknight don't sound like be the best team on the planet.

Top Bottom