• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Uli

Smash Champion
ya'll saaa bunch of donks

lol at blue names, thank goodness i didnt get one, its LAMEEEEE
just like all of you XD

i think ill be playing brawl singles at jokers LOL

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Does that dude always get mad after matches? Ive played against him in tournament (Melee) twice and beat him pretty good and all I got was a vicious hand shake and an evil glare.
Yeah. All I had to do was shoot lasers and C-stick to win with Wolf, so that probably got on his nerves. I've heard he's alot "calmer" now but he holds a death grudge to me for my signature haha.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hahah yea im actually gettin decent at melee now...but still need work...but yea ill totally be entering melee tournys more now...lol when i get a car and license im probably gunna be going to omaha alot to practice...lol..but that wont be proabably untill the end of the year...lol

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
As to all of the smashboards drama that has been taking place in here...

Affinity I personally apologize that no one answered your repeated questions. I will not be able to attend and have known this for a few weeks so I didn't respond because it didn't really apply to me. As far as I know I could count Iowa out of this one. There was some talk today that Joker and a very few others might make it but I don't know if that will actually happen or not.

I am not angered by Kansas's trash talk, but instead eager to show them that even though Iowa doesn't have a particularly large smash crowd we will put up more than a fight. So give me early notice of the next time some gathering is taking place and I will gladly drive some Iowans down. Or you guys could always creep Joker's monthly. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Kit and JBM thanks for the love.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
As to all of the smashboards drama that has been taking place in here...

Affinity I personally apologize that no one answered your repeated questions. I will not be able to attend and have known this for a few weeks so I didn't respond because it didn't really apply to me. As far as I know I could count Iowa out of this one. There was some talk today that Joker and a very few others might make it but I don't know if that will actually happen or not.

I am not angered by Kansas's trash talk, but instead eager to show them that even though Iowa doesn't have a particularly large smash crowd we will put up more than a fight. So give me early notice of the next time some gathering is taking place and I will gladly drive some Iowans down. Or you guys could always creep Joker's monthly. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Kit and JBM thanks for the love.
This. Thank you, Jakebudden. This is what I was expecting the response to be. Sorry for any trouble I caused. I look forward to playing you guys!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Well, since I'm on the boards more than Joker. I'll reply for him. Here's the update: We have a driver and the confirmed people who are going are Joker and him. I don't know who else was going to this from Iowa. I heard Joker mentioned Kudo, Blank, and Schism. The driver is a little iffy right now, but if he fails for transportation, I hope someone else will drive because I now understand why Iowa is usually left out of big tourneys and we're not even on the map. Don't worry Kansas. Even I hate our indecisiveness when going OoS tourneys. I'm gonna say, we are very last minute and usually decide the week of a tourney if we are going or not. I will keep everyone updated since I think I'm going to Joker's most of the days this week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well that was fun to read >.0

Anyways guys, after the long wait, and looking for someone to take us to NO KOAST, cause god knows I try hard just to find someone. I found someone to take us, so Iowa is making it to NO KOAST.
And by Iowa I mean Joker is representing, cause I will have the last laugh.
Yeah I wanted to trash talk also XP

Also sorry for not telling you guys we were coming for sure, but I was trying really hard to find someone to drive us there. Just understand that when it comes to going OoS, is really hard for Iowa to attend, but we try like crazy to make it, it just that, it does gets on our nerves, when people talk trash, cause we couldn't make it, maybe it is just for jokes and stuff, but like JBM said, the Internetz has mindgames.

So that's that, as for who's all going, it should be me and Dustin for sure, so Skizm, Blank, and Kudou, if you guys are wanting to come, you should give us a call or something, since Dustin wants another person to drive half off the way there, Skizm, Kudou? And we'll be leaving Friday night, and come back Sunday morning.

Just like Razor said, I understand what Affinity and them were trying to do, so no prob, however thanks to everyone for defending Iowa <3

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Anyways guys, after the long wait, and looking for someone to take us to NO KOAST, cause god knows I try hard just to find someone. I found someone to take us, so Iowa is making it to NO KOAST.

Also sorry for not telling you guys we were coming for sure, but I was trying really hard to find someone to drive us there. Just understand that when it comes to going OoS, is really hard for Iowa to attend, but we try like crazy to make it, it just that, it does gets on our nerves, when people talk trash, cause we couldn't make it, maybe it is just for jokes and stuff, but like JBM said, the Internetz has mindgames.

So that's that, as for who's all going, it should be me and Dustin for sure, so Skizm, Blank, and Kudou, if you guys are wanting to come, you should give us a call or something, since Dustin wants another person to drive half off the way there, Skizm, Kudou? And we'll be leaving Friday night, and come back Sunday morning.

Just like Razor said, I understand what Affinity and them were trying to do, so no prob, however thanks to everyone for defending Iowa <3
Awesome :)

Can't wait for this weekend! See ya guys there.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Sorry Tempest. I won't be going. I not very good yet I play Joker almost every time I'm over there. :laugh: I'll play you guys someday not this weekend though. =(

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Sorry Tempest. I won't be going. I not very good yet I play Joker almost every time I'm over there. :laugh: I'll play you guys someday not this weekend though. =(
Aww... that's a shame. Oh well. There are still more events. We'll have to duke it out eventually.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, maybe one a little closer to home, plus I'm more of a Melee guy, but I'll play Brawl. I'm also probably in the works of moving on to SF4, but I'm sure I'll still be playing Smash too.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Lol Joker! We posted at the same time.
I saw it, but I do need to post or check the board more, instead of just like the end of the day or so.

Sweet! Can't wait to meet you guys. Hopefully all this will smooth out after we play some matches, eh?
Yeah, Iowa is actually a friendly bunch, I just think that the Internetz brings the worst of us, or anyone for that matter X3 however we do have CORN!!!!

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Teh Interwebs be a harsh mistress...

I'm pretty jovial, too, but the internet makes me look like a *******. Lol.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hey do you guys have room for one more?..i totally wana come...but yea blank about JMT how about teaming up for brawl and melee since BC isnt going to be there??

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hahah yea im actually gettin decent at melee now...but still need work...but yea ill totally be entering melee tournys more now...lol when i get a car and license im probably gunna be going to omaha alot to practice...lol..but that wont be proabably untill the end of the year...lol
at the end of the year? wtf mang thats so far away (^o^) but main point, yeah for more melee lol

Most places won't get it till Wednesday, but some will get it tomorrow.

Edit: If you wanna come over Wednesday Tony, you are more than welcome. =)
i hate it when that happens, when the game stelf date is on a tuseday but the game itself dosent go one the shelfs until the day after, wedsenday. its all mind games by the stores

This. Thank you, Jakebudden. This is what I was expecting the response to be. Sorry for any trouble I caused. I look forward to playing you guys!
well Razor does have a ways with words lol. good to see that a proper answer was given

i might still want to go but if im need to drive i can but i dont really feel comfortable doing it cause i dont want to be held liable if something happens

Yea, maybe one a little closer to home, plus I'm more of a Melee guy, but I'll play Brawl. I'm also probably in the works of moving on to SF4, but I'm sure I'll still be playing Smash too.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SF4 lol

Yeah, Iowa is actually a friendly bunch, I just think that the Internetz brings the worst of us, or anyone for that matter X3 however we do have CORN!!!!
WFT?!?!? AMV Hell 0 and ur madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: i just watched 4 hours of Detective Conan, way worth it lol. Kudou FTW!!!!!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Woah plans change so suddenly. I'm ready for Nu Kowuhst yeee. I can't drive, but I'll help for gas monies. xP

Also Joker did you hear about Detective Conan vs. Lupin the 3rd? Lol classic.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
i hate it when that happens, when the game stelf date is on a tuseday but the game itself dosent go one the shelfs until the day after, wedsenday. its all mind games by the stores
I think its only Capcom to tell you the truth. When MvC2 came out. I had to pick it up on a Wednesday also. Capcom is pretty evil when it comes to release days. Lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Woah plans change so suddenly. I'm ready for Nu Kowuhst yeee. I can't drive, but I'll help for gas monies. xP

Also Joker did you hear about Detective Conan vs. Lupin the 3rd? Lol classic.
so Blank is creepin no koast now too huh, too good.

I think its only Capcom to tell you the truth. When MvC2 came out. I had to pick it up on a Wednesday also. Capcom is pretty evil when it comes to release days. Lol.
naw mang, its everybody, i know since i have to wait till the next day after the internet release date always to download them

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Whats this, no I haven't.
Well I can't read the moon speak but my friend who knows all about this stuff tells me its going to be a movie. Hopefully that won't mean we have to wait like months before a TV/DVD release or something. Anyways, linkage:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/lupin-conan/

Edit: Oh it was Kudou who posted about Detective Conan, oh well you should both check it out and tell me when its released. =D

Lol I'm sleepy.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Well I can't read the moon speak but my friend who knows all about this stuff tells me its going to be a movie. Hopefully that won't mean we have to wait like months before a TV/DVD release or something. Anyways, linkage:

its a TV speical thats gonna air in japan as an OVA. so basically its gonna be just another spin off of the conan series like most conan OVAs.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Edit: Oh it was Kudou who posted about Detective Conan, oh well you should both check it out and tell me when its released. =D

Lol I'm sleepy.
O M G, that is just too good, specially cause I love both of them, Fujiko better be in it, so then is it like a cross over thing then.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well the animation style is gonna be more towards conan's since lupin is a guest char

also to blank, the Conan vs. Lupin III was announced to the public a good 2-3 weeks ago, so its gonna be a pretty long time before its released

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wow we need to get one of these from smithers lol

anyway as i made that post i was hoping that the last paragraph would defuse the rest of the post and make it clear that i meant no harm

but i guess it didn't work. ¯\(>__>)/¯

but serious trash talking is really commonplace between states/regions. :)

but whatever, iowa is coming to NK!!!

THAT MEANS

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

sorry to bring it back up but i felt like i should say something, considering my post started that ****fest :D

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
THAT MEANS

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

sorry to bring it back up but i felt like i should say something, considering my post started that ****fest :D
Too good, that made me lolz hard, but yeah it was all part of the plan XP

By the way I'm getting the collectors edition, or at least I hope Reece got me that one, cause I want to wear Ryu's headband.

Top Bottom