• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
ok so, somebody at work stole my phone, so yeah, anyone who's tried to get ahold of me, you can't. but anyway i was wondering about the transportation situation for jokers this week. am i riding with you luger? or maybe andy could swing by and pick me up on his way?
well do have an idea who took it? if u do then i think that its time to stir up a bowl of some woop ass on who ever did it

Joker looks out for the best of us. Thanks man. I've just started again, but Friday is the last time for awhile. Gotta focus on school. I just find it funny that one time we took Dustin's Hard Lemonade. :laugh:
focusin of school is for the weak, like how i might get a student loan cause i got a 3.97 gpa last semester lol. now its time to take things on the slow side

So games are at Jokers and Loves tomorrow.

Drinking at Loves lol.. If CBK and I wanna play some games we'll be at Jokers tomorrow if thats ok with u Joker. Not for sure yet.

-BC-
well i guess that i might be able to see u guys there tomorrow cause i have to do the food stand at my school basketball game tomorrow so when i do go to joker's then its gonna be like later at night like 9-10 ish. being in track and field sucks now cause i have to work at the stand and i dont even kno if i get something for it :(

I think I'm housing all of Nebraska.
i think that u pretty much are since peeks and vax and other IA r stayin the night at joker's

Tyser

Smash Champion
Im prob gonna fire up like 3 blankets for myself. Just stack them on each other so I dont have to sleep on a wooden floor :p

Tyser

Smash Champion
I got those super asian blankets so if I were to stack up 2 of those, that'd be a straight up bed. I can work with that :D

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I got those super asian blankets so if I were to stack up 2 of those, that'd be a straight up bed. I can work with that :D
lol those blankets r way too good. im usein my air mattress that i found at jokers so i dont have to sleep on the metal bars. man i love that air mattress, so many memories with that thing

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker I have recovered one large blueish blanket and a large pillow from the van's sto'n'go.

Also what time are people going to be arriving in Des Moines tomorrow?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I remember back in the day I thought Joker was this Joker. He's a Samus main :D.
I actually came across that name, when I started this account, and then on youtube I saw his vids of Samus, by the way I try playing her in Melee, but the way you use her Tyser is just too good.

Joker I have recovered one large blueish blanket and a large pillow from the van's sto'n'go.

Also what time are people going to be arriving in Des Moines tomorrow?
Thanks man, I'm glad to know it was in the ban and not in MN, and yeah what time are you thinking of arriving Peeks.

By the way Love, have you talked to Elfen, I haven't talked to him yet, and I want to know if he's going to let me borrow the extra table and chairs again.

Also, if you guys have set ups, please bring them, and at least a TV for Melee, cause the one I use broke, is the one with the ducktape on the back.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
There will be 3 of us, me Vax, and another friend named Bryce. It will more than likely be late afternoon when we arrive, maybe 7. It all depends when Bryce picks us up. I will post when we leave so about 4 to 5 hours we will be there.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
awesome vids Flux. my favorite edge hog with fox is also the turn around waveshine edgehog. the only one i have problems with is the drop off shine U+B.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
will people have money after smym to go to a tourney?im gonna talk to a gaming club here at UNI to try and host a tourney

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
There will be 3 of us, me Vax, and another friend named Bryce. It will more than likely be late afternoon when we arrive, maybe 7. It all depends when Bryce picks us up. I will post when we leave so about 4 to 5 hours we will be there.
Alright guys, I'll be waiting, is anyone else coming down to play some games before the tourney.

gantrain05

Smash Master
jlowe i can get you on saturday.... sux bout your phone
sweet, what time are we headin up there? i think the tourney starts at like 1? unless joker changed it from last tourney, anyways, if we aren't there joker, give us a bye for every round until we get there, so the unlucky teams that end up vs us, you auto-lose if we aren't there, just warning u lol.

gantrain05

Smash Master
you gotta show up at jokers schism, me n you gotta play some melee like we did last time against -BC- and CBK, you know, when you were yelling at me cuz i kept Fairing you instead of them, i think you were getting mad at me but i can't help it, im a ganon main lol.

§chizm

Smash Lord
you gotta show up at jokers schism, me n you gotta play some melee like we did last time against -BC- and CBK, you know, when you were yelling at me cuz i kept Fairing you instead of them, i think you were getting mad at me but i can't help it, im a ganon main lol.
Haha that's no problem. Those punches hurt though :ohwell:.
I'll be there the entire time Saturday, I'll only be there for a bit tonight though.

Tyser

Smash Champion
will people have money after smym to go to a tourney?im gonna talk to a gaming club here at UNI to try and host a tourney
If it's Melee and if its 20+ people you can most likely count Nebraska in.

EDIT: We'll probably show up at your place at around 8-9, Mister Dang. We're leaving at 6-7ish . . .
In the morning

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well guys just a heads up, cause it has been a while.

Don't park next to a mailbox, cause my neightboors are old and they want their spam mail, so they feel like ppl still talked to them, but after 1 or so it should be fine.

If anyone is going to be late, call to one of the ppl in the first page, this way we can get your name in the bracket.

So then:
  • Brawl Doubles - ($20 Per Team) 1:00 pm
  • Melee Doubles - ($10 Per Team) 1:00pm
  • Brawl Singles - ($10 each) 3:00
  • Melee Singles - ($10 each) 3:00
  • Break For Food
  • Brawl Crew Battles
Now the break for food really depends on how hungry ppl are, and If Melee decides to break for food after doubles, although I'll like to go with you guys since we haven't hang out, since last year, also I'll assume were going to be using Uli laptop like last time, right?

Oh and don't forget the main event that's going to be going all day.

STARCRAFT​

Best of 3 and the maps are:
  1. Destination(that's right)
  2. The Lost Temple
  3. Phyton
And the way this works, is that the 1st map being Destination, is where the first match takes place, then the 2nd, and if there's a 3rd match then it goes to Phyton.

Even though SC is being play at this tourney, is mostly for fun, since each match takes around 30mins or so.

Well I think thats it, just remember to bring some set ups and yourself.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker it is on for SC. I believe me and Jlo are gonna do doubles man. No one will be able to take us down.

Also for those of you who haven't left yet and are into this sort of thing: A couple of my friends are coming with their sole reason for going being that they are bringing their magic cards. If you have some and would be interested in playing them bring yours as well.

That is all. Joker I will be coming today this evening most likely. I will bring your oversized blanket and pillow.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Kool thanks man I love my blanket and pillow <3

As for your friends coming, its kool, but please don't expect to much from it, since this may turn out to be a pretty big tourney, and may not have extra tables, specially when SC is going too, but I'll see what I can do.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
If it's Melee and if its 20+ people you can most likely count Nebraska in.

EDIT: We'll probably show up at your place at around 8-9, Mister Dang. We're leaving at 6-7ish . . .
In the morning
Yes sir. The night will be wild!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yeh I assumed as much but they are coming regardless. They will most likely par-take in the SC as well. I believe between all of them including Jlo they are bringing three computers. 2 desktops and a laptop.

Love text me when the Nebraskans arrive will you?

Top Bottom