• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invinci-Bombing Discussion with video+Z-air RARing.

Twin_Scimitar

Smash Cadet
Guess that's a good point ImpactAR. I play a pretty offensive toon link, but i can think of a few times, today even, when i was punished during hookshot, and if I had a bomb and did an I bomb I could have easily turned it around to my advantage (and avoided the punish).

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i was practicing ibomb today, and the timing is pretty tricky, sometime i just drop the bomb without airdodge, and sometimes used a simple zair
i need more practice... i want to practice a lot, i'm just imagining some good combos lol

Alzi

Smash Master
I see what my problem was all along:

"Press L or R to airdodge and PRESS "A" IMMEDIATELY, IF YOU DON'T DO THIS QUICK ENOUGH YOU WILL Z-AIR INSTEAD."

I seemed to miss that rule out somehow now i should be able to do it properly. I can now also place the bomb on the ground by one short up. Me and a friend were doing random stuff on wifi instead of brawling and i was practicing that now i can do it.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I just have to say, that I have been playing with this for the last couple of weeks. This move is AWESOME. It has added a new level to TL. There are so many options that lead to combos, foil peoples approaches, mindgames etc. Im hoping to get a bunch of vids recorded at my tourney I am hosting on the 31st and this move will definitely be used.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
oOJaseOo,

This is bomb dropping but with an air dodge at the same time. Bomb dropping is a simple concept, but alone it's pretty easy to see and you saying you don't get caught up in the explosion just means you have the space. iBomb creates the option to use a bomb drop if your opponent gets to close for comfort without causing harm to yourself.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok, I did this once and i'm failing at doing it again. So you:

1: Short Hop
2: Air Dodge
3: Quickly press "A" as you air dodge

So you don't need to press Z to drop the bomb you just press A and it does it automatically for you?

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Really...?

I'm going to assume your button layout is set at the default.

When in the air...
  • Your joystick must be centered
  • Press L and A at the SAME time
L = Shield
A = Attack

I was trying to be correct about the inputs with any button scheme because I set my R to Attack so I can easily mash in the L and R at the same time to do an iBomb.

These commands will make you drop the bomb and air dodge at the same time.

It's a control glitch. You usually drop the bomb with Z which is a set as one command: grab. When you press L it reads it as an air dodge, but pressing A with it means grab. I'm assuming it has something to do with how the buffering system is design so the game takes the command to air dodge and drop item instead of a Zair.

Alzi

Smash Master
My control is set too.

A= attack
R/L= Shield
X= Grab

Oh so i don't need to press X to drop the bomb? I just need to pull out a bomb and short hop and simply press R and A at the same time and he will drop the bomb while doing an airdodge?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
oOJaseOo,

This is bomb dropping but with an air dodge at the same time. Bomb dropping is a simple concept, but alone it's pretty easy to see and you saying you don't get caught up in the explosion just means you have the space. iBomb creates the option to use a bomb drop if your opponent gets to close for comfort without causing harm to yourself.
yea thats wat i ment ^^ lol

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
once you practice itll come easy. I actually Ibomb sometimes now when I intend to zair with a bomb in hand on accident.

UncleSam

Smash Master
oh so there's a name for It:laugh:
I've been doing this for a while and it's very useful
Just keep practicing Alzi it can be mastered pretty easily

Alzi

Smash Master
Before i thought i could never do SHDA but now it's easy so it should be the same for this. I shall master it just for you UncleSam. =p

UncleSam

Smash Master
Before i thought i could never do SHDA but now it's easy so it should be the same for this. I shall master it just for you UncleSam. =p
you go do that.
I find the RAR z-air an interesting follow-up I'm going to try that out.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I think one of my favorite ways to use this is when you go to attack someone falling from the air and you are trying to predict their airdodge. There is practically no defense for an Ibomb mid air if it is pulled off properly and it can lead to a follow up many times as well.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I like to Ibomb right in front of your opponent popping them up right under you and Dair, if done right it is always a meteor smash

Top Bottom