• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inventing a character

D

Deleted member

Ah I've never heard of anyone ever using Ness except for Mofo. I know Mofo is a lot newer so you're probably right.
actually, it was the other way around. mofo was using ness and was well known for it before simna was ever heard of on the tournament scene. this was a LONG time ago though, like before i registered on smashboards.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Forward when talking about falco yet. Also:

t1mmy = Kirby
t0mmy = Pichu
Eggz = Mario

at least for the majority of the time that i've known this game
Thanks for the shoutout -- me and t1mmy put a lot of work into those two characters. Check out the Pichu & Kirby guides stickied: All those ATs we discovered & posted for everyone took a lot of time to make ([^^]

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
peach - mikael
i remember watching mikael back in the day and thinking he was insanely good but i wouldn't say he invented peach, at least not in North America i would say mike g. armada invented peach you are wrong he didnt invent peach he just made her better.

EDIT: I think it's safe to say that Armada invented Peach and Bum invented DK. Both play/played their characters like no one had before.
armada he didnt invent peach he just made her better.

strawhats

Smash Master
I think Ken created the basis for onstage marth play but the grab game, and most important edge guarding (gimping aspect) of marth's metagame is m2k's invention imo. In fact I believe m2k revolutionized the way people edge guard in general with alot of characters.

Ken made the general guide for marth and m2k revolutionized marth.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Marth: Ken
Captain Falcon: Isai
Samus: Wes
Puff: King maybe someone else but that aob puff combo vid was on hit. SSNNEEEEEEEX!!!! jk jk
IC's: Chu Dat
Mewtwo: Taj
G&W: direvulcan
Falco: Forward (new school falco ) Sam /Dave(Basic down air shine falco) props to Rob falco for inventing gimps.(dirty south falco)
Fox: Mofo or Chillin or Zelgadis(biggest influence). even though that tetsuyo vid was like godlike.
sheik: recipherous , Azen
Peach: Sastopher Mike G
Luigi: Ka-master maybe yagi
Pikachu: Anter ,Roarie
Yoshi: Fumi
Ganon-Eddie
Roy- Neo
Link- the germ!
Doc-me!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
As a Samus main back in 06 (When i started playing) I didn't really like Wes's style. I don't remember if HugS was around then. But I really liked HugS and Phanna <3
This was me, pretty much.

I'd say HugS invented Samus, based on my own experience, but no one really plays like HugS.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
keep the discussion going, what i'd like to do from all this at some point is make a little chart
for each character list the defining players and how they're related to eachother in playstyle

so like for yoshi: fumi -> vman

i would argue for puff: king -> mango -> hbox

there woudl also be the possiblity of a character sort of being invented by more than one player, as in there were sort of seperate pieces of the playstyle that later fused, or as in no one remembers clearly
i.e.
falco: pc / foward

anyway, continue. let's hear from the old schoolers plzz

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Aniki made Link :)

Brown Mario made mario...
I think the green machine made luigi? Unless that was just the title of some 06 combo video.
Roy - Neo?
Ness - Mofo lol
Yoshi - def Vman
Pika - Yoshi
Sheik - KorenaDJ
There was a player named Yoshi?

Btw, where does PC Chris and Azen fall under? And Lord HDL? Or were they just old greats?

As a Samus main back in 06 (When i started playing) I didn't really like Wes's style. I don't remember if HugS was around then. But I really liked HugS and Phanna <3
<3 Phanna <3

Btw, Silent = retardedly technical Fox
^Imo, he at least deserves honorable mention.

real old schoolers know that TheCape invented everything. lol.
I don't think I've ever seen him play, but yeah he definitely was the frame guy. Along with SuperDoodleMan, Magus, and M2K (during his early years).

AXE 09

Smash Master
Marth: Ken
Captain Falcon: Isai
Samus: Wes
Puff: King maybe someone else but that aob puff combo vid was on hit. SSNNEEEEEEEX!!!! jk jk
IC's: Chu Dat
Falco: Forward (new school falco ) Sam /Dave(Basic down air shine falco) props to Rob falco for inventing gimps.(dirty south falco)
Fox: Mofo or Chillin or Zelgadis(biggest influence). even though that tetsuyo vid was like godlike.
sheik: recipherous , Azen
Peach: Sastopher Mike G
Luigi: Ka-master maybe yagi
Ganon-Eddie
Roy- Neo
Link- the germ!
Doc-me!
Who is Roarie??

The King

Smash Ace
Marth: Ken and Azen. They both invented such effective but diverse Marths that it's hard to give the lead to just one of them. Though Ken certainly put the fear into you about facing marth lol.
Captain Falcon: Isai all the way.
Samus: Wes all the way.
Puff: AOB and Anden invented it. I re-invented it. Mango took my Jiggs and just did it better than I ever could (except combos lol), then Hbox went back and re-invented 2003-Jigglypuff by just doing more Bairs rofl.
IC's: Chu Dat is to IC's as Edison was to the light bulb.
Falco: Samitude & Rob Money, with DA Dave not too far behind. Then PC & Bombsoldier came in and rewrote the book on Falco for us all.
Fox: I'd put my vote to Chillin for inventing it, and Zelgadis for sensationalizing what Fox was really capable of to the world
sheik: recipherous started us all off, then Isai showed us what normal sheiks would look like in 5 years.
Peach: Sastopher & Mike G
Luigi: Ka-master
Ganon-Eddie
Roy- Neo
Link- The Germ
Doc-Bob$ all the way; though Captain Jack & Caveman also helped show us that Doc could be mad legit.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Looks like you just c/p'd Bob$'s list and edited it, it even has some of the same typos, King.

The King

Smash Ace
Yeah i only had like 2 minutes before my break at work ended, kk back to work lol. Bobby was right for the most part though, he's the man.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Bob$ does Zelgadis still play? Tell him that I miss him and his hair. LOL

Also I'm trying to go to your tourney this summer :)

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Yeah! Zelgadis still plays, no one ever stops playing ahaha. But yeah i remember you were gunna move ot norcal ! Hope you make it to genesis, bring snap pop too lol and all the DA guys.

hey guys isnt it funny that rob money invested gimps.

DSF is probably the creator of playing gay safe. but we all know camper bob is ....yeah. eff that guy,

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Yeah! Zelgadis still plays, no one ever stops playing ahaha. But yeah i remember you were gunna move ot norcal ! Hope you make it to genesis, bring snap pop too lol and all the DA guys.

hey guys isnt it funny that rob money invested gimps.

DSF is probably the creator of playing gay safe. but we all know camper bob is ....yeah. eff that guy,
I'm trying to move out to san fran to work at a restaurant for my culinary esxternship in about a year and a half. They have some awesome places to eat there. lol I hope you dudes are still beasting by that time haha.

No one hears from Snap pop anymore but she's still in nyc doing her thing lol

DSF still me 70 bux lol <3 j/k Alex

I think it was camper bob that invented Peach bomber stalling(or Iggy) ugh...camper peaches are so gay LOL

I still need to play you, King. =P

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Camper Bob was just one of the only ones willing to use Peach Bomber stalling, but he didn't practice enough to do it without killing himself after 7 minutes.

Iggy never used Peach Bomber stalling. He was just the only person who, every time he hit someone, would run to the other side of the stage to pull turnips until the other person came back to him, so he got a reputation as a camper from that.

I invented rising pound recovery. I'm even cited in AOB's video, so it's proof.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Camper Bob was just one of the only ones willing to use Peach Bomber stalling, but he didn't practice enough to do it without killing himself after 7 minutes.

Iggy never used Peach Bomber stalling. He was just the only person who, every time he hit someone, would run to the other side of the stage to pull turnips until the other person came back to him, so he got a reputation as a camper from that.

I invented rising pound recovery. I'm even cited in AOB's video, so it's proof.
Sakurai invented the "Rising Pound Recovery"
=)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
You don't realize that we called it Prime-Pounding for years. Then when I felt like it, I told everyone that we're actually going to call it Kish-dancing, and everyone listened. That's how awesome I was. If you realized that, then I don't think you'd be arguing with me right now.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
You don't realize that we called it Prime-Pounding for years. Then when I felt like it, I told everyone that we're actually going to call it Kish-dancing, and everyone listened. That's how awesome I was. If you realized that, then I don't think you'd be arguing with me right now.
Wow, I'm being trolled on by KishPrime
<3

Top Bottom