• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Into The New World :: Generation V Competitive Metagame Discussion

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
it becomes 100 power, but in the case of Sun/Rain the move gets an extra 50% power boost because of the weather boosting Fire/Water-type moves

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It's 100 base power, but Rain boosts it to 150 from it being Water Type, Sun Boosts it to 150 from it being Fire Type.

It's still 100 in Sand/Hail (and I guess Shadow Sky lol)

Edit: since when was there a page 153 with kirbyraeg on it wtf

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Someone's **** team being swept by moxie gyarados in rain with a bunch of DDs up isn't really funny.

It's sad.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So since i can now play on ps where there is no genesect, i am trying out that grass/water/fire core again. I am thinking about replacing slowbro with suicune to reduce my uturn weakness also i am thinking about trying a suicune set that goes something like

Calm mind
Surf/scald
Ice beam/hp elec
Aqua ring

I figure i am losing the regen healing from slowbro so i might need something to help heal my suicune and i dont want to do rest sleep talk. So thoughts on this idea?

:phone:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i honestly love slowbro to death solely because he's a bulky water that can run flamethrower/fire blast, making him one of the best lures for ferrothorn/scizor in existence and having better synergy with dedicated specially bulky pokemon like chansey/your own ferrothorn. Even with the weakness to Bug, he takes 70% at most from a CB U-turn and can Slack Off on the switch-out while also having regenerator to take care of passive damage. his large possible type coverage is redundant if you're building a f/w/g core though, so i'd try a ChestoCM set on suicune. cm/scald(surf)/ice beam/rest since with rest you can beat out most other water-types that aren't immune to water like Vaporeon and opposing Suicune, or if you're into the whole aromatherapy thing you could put it on your Grass-type and run leftovers instead

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Well my grass type is celebi, (one of the reasons i am sorry worried about have another uturn weakness) and he does has heal bell on him, and iirc he also has hidden power fire/ sr/ and giga drain. (My team is just a test/for fun team so i am just messing around with pokes and sets).

My fire is heatran

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Snorlax @ Custap Berry | Gluttony
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def | Adamant
Belly Drum / Selfdestruct

bow down mother****ers, snorlax broken as ****

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Went and calced it out.

252 +6 Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs 252 HP/252 Def Forretress (+Def) : 92.94% - 109.32%
56.25% chance to OHKO 100% chance to OHKO w/ Stealth Rocks or 1 Layer of Spikes

Not strong enough. Next.

252 +6 Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs 252 HP/252 Def Shuckle (+Def) : 91.39% - 107.79%
50% chance to OHKO 100% chance to OHKO w/ Stealth Rocks or 1 Layer of Spikes

Still nope.

252 +6 Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs 252 HP/252 Def Regirock (+Def) : 68.68% - 80.77%

Okay that can beat it.

252 +6 Atk Snorlax Selfdestruct vs 252 HP/252 Def Aggron (+Def) : 39.24% - 46.51%
3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Bastiodon also lives it easily.

In a nutshell? Not a damned thing in OU can stop that lax without priority, or they're Gengar/Jellicent.

The set does as it says on the tin. Essentially guarantees a kill.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So is Custap+Belly Drum+Selfdestruct/Explosion the new Fake Out/Protect+Last Resort?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
best-o set

Politoed @ Salac Berry
252 atk/252 Spe/4 Def 30hp
Jolly / Drizzle

Belly Drum
Hypnosis/Return/Earthquake
Substitute
Waterfall

This set will shock a lot of people and make them wonder how stupid you are. Guaranteed to **** up somebody not expecting it, which is everybody. advantage is clearing the weather to use salac a bit more reliably and giving itself its own boosted stab move. Don't use on rain teams, but fits in on hail teams, oddly enough, since it can force some pressure onto all the other weather setters and defensive teams in general who might not be able to handle a weather-boosted +6 attack. Return is a decent second attack, as is Earthquake, since you only really need to hit immunities to water and Ferrothorn who deals contact damage (but you actually 2hko max/max ferro at +6 with waterfall in rain, so it's a reasonable tradeoff there if your team needs it out of the way), and you can hypnosis Ferrothorn and push yourself into salac range through Iron Barbs damage...lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, but using FEAR Aron makes you a giant douchebag, which is not desirable

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Swinub doesn't get screwed to sand or hail and has Ice Shard, so technically speaking that would be the best user of the F.E.A.R. strategy. Then again using F.E.A.R. to begin with takes a lot of support and luck, so it's kind of a moot point.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fear Aron loses to hail tho

and I guess Swinub is the best but still screwed by hazards, which is too much lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
What we really need is an Ice/Steel type with Sturdy and a burn-immunity berry. That would be the ideal FEAR pokemon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Knowing Gamefreak, it would probably just make your eggs hatch faster or something.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Do they still have those April Fool's Day analyses floating around? I know the Empoleon set was based off this post but I can't find the others.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I have them saved on my desktop.

Next time I have the chance I'll transfer them or something.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Luvdisc has gotta be one of the most worthless Pokemon ever... Worthless stats, not physically appealing in any way, and it has a stupid name.

I still don't understand why it couldn't be related to Alomomola somehow.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It wouldn't even be good in Little Cup if it was a prevo of Alomomola.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Today I was alerted of the fact that Drizzle Politoed + Beartic is an illegal combination.

Why?

Two abilities: Snow Cloak, Swift Swim.

One is banned. The other is banned with Drizzle.

GOTTA LOVE SMOGON.

inb4 whocares its beartic

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Who cares it's Beartic

In other news, im still of the opinion that the PS ladder is **** broken. I played a guy who was 2100 rating on my alt account that was at like, 1400 at the time, won and got all of 9 while he lost 12. Then i went to check his record cus holy **** it must be great right? 16 wins, 5 losses. Dafuq? It wouldnt bother me so much but i recently found out that Smogon now uses PS ladder for suspect voting. I noticed it when i checked the last suspect vote thread as well, there were a bunch of people with records of like, 19-2, 20-8 and such. That ladder is **** stupid.

#FreeUnown

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Today I was alerted of the fact that Drizzle Politoed + Beartic is an illegal combination.

Why?

Two abilities: Snow Cloak, Swift Swim.

One is banned. The other is banned with Drizzle.

GOTTA LOVE SMOGON.

inb4 whocares its beartic
Lol, i remember when i first realized this. I felt bad for beartic

Top Bottom