• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Into The New World :: Generation V Competitive Metagame Discussion

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lol ninja'd.

I'll start that weekly tournament thing tomorrow.

:phone:
Maybe it would be better to start it on a Sunday? Either way I doubt I'll be able to participate because of finals johns. :urg:

And whatever you do, don't make a rule that says if one player doesn't show up to a match then both will be disqualified. YOU'D HAVE TO BE SOME KIND OF IDIOT TO THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, AMIRITE?

Hey, is the Machamp's Pants PO server still up?

IceArrow

Smash Lord
I doubt Machamps Pants is still up. Ill never add that rule also. I'll start up the tourney and wait until Sunday for people to create their team. Then on Friday we will all get online and play.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Machamps Pants isn't up and couldn't come back up if we wanted it to.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so i made that w/f/g core team and i didnt really like it, but then i looked and i now had a slowbro and in a box i had a reunclus and he already had tr on him, so i put trick room on my slowbro added bronzong and made a trick room team. Now i decided to put breloom on this team and he is amazing in trick room. its so good if u get him in safe which isnt hard he gets a free spore and swords dance on everything in the meta which is faster then him and thats a lot of things (and things slightly slower then him sense oiv's and ev's and negative speed nature.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
^lol wat

Very excited to hear about yet another smashboards tournament, we'll see how it turns out.

PMs on showdown should be sufficient to run a tournament btw

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It will turn out just like every other one: People will play maybe the first round, half of the second round, none of the third round, and then the tournament will die of inactivity and everyone will just give up.
You were never part of the weekly tournaments were you?

Those were really successful because we did them all in one night and had everybody meet up online around the time they started so that we were all in one place at one time. That's the kind of thing IceArrow is trying to recreate.

All the other PC tourneys have failed because we spread them out over several weeks and trusted the participants to organize their matches and get them done in time. This of course was a horrible idea because we are clearly irresponsible and untrustworthy.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Now you can go back to the **** *** metagame that predated Genesect.

Metagame was worse back then because it was 425% Tornadus spam

I don't want to play a metagame like that again.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
best counter to tornadus anything is lanturn

no i'm not even joking

lanturn in general is a great "i'll **** all over you cuz i feel like it" pokemon to rain teams. it doesn't even get scratched by grass knot, and it can run thunder/scald/ice beam with toxic/heal bell/volt switch in teh last slot for fun times.

bonus: it can also safely counter NP thundurus-t. ice beam makes up for its poorer spatk stat and lets it easily 2hko, perhaps 1hko after sr and a couple rounds of LO

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
TBH a decent amount of Arceus formes would still not be able to counter Tornadus-T.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So i straight up just dont understand Pokemon Showdowns Rating system and how you gain exp in it. Im almost at top 100 now after the ladder reset and I've played all of 23 battles. Also I just beat a guy who was apparently so far below me that he got +20 for losing to me and I got +1 for winning lol. What is this nonsense?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Top 100 isn't even that good

Top 50 or so is good-ish

Top 30 is like actually good lol

It's also because like 2000+ are top ratings, PR.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Made a mono normal nu team. It's awesome but there are to many good normal types in nu (good for nu) and non of them
are special attackers

Edit: question: if raikou could be a timid nature and still use weather ball, and aura sphere would he be ou (or at least bl)?

Knut

Smash Apprentice
i doubt it..even though raikou is fast, and hits hard, with good coverage, that just about all he has going for him. he's got good defense on the special side, but i feel like it would be hard to make the most of it, since you probably won't be dumping EV's into that. he has no key resistances, which most fast, hard hitters do have. and hes got a pretty lack luster ability. he'd proabably end up playing a similar role to starmie on rain teams, only without the ability to absorb status, rapid spin, recover, and trick. and rotom w can pretty much do the whole volt switch thing, and can still play utility as well.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Timid Raikou with Volt Absorb, Aura Sphere, and Weather Ball might actually be pretty decent though.

Knut

Smash Apprentice
yea he would definitely be pretty nice. he would probably still be outclassed by other OU pokes, depending on the niche he was filling on the team. ehh, that's just my opinion though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
While i dont disagree with you guys, i think u might be underestimating what he could do with his speed and one calm mind in weather, also weather ball in rain and sun pretty much becomes a 150 base power move, plus with aura sphere and thunder/thunderbolt you have amazing coverage.

(I do also agree with volt absorb he would be much nicer)

Knut

Smash Apprentice
wait weather ball becomes a 150 base power move in weather? i remember reading it becomes 100 base power. if it is 150 thats kinda of a big difference.

nice sweep btw. lol

Top Bottom