• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interview #2: Ultimate Razer

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran Iji : So, sheep boy, what's your name and the region you're from?
Ultimate Razer : Real name - Timmy Campos. Game name - UltimateRazer. I'm from Houston, Texas.
Ran Iji : Where'd 'Ultimate Razer' come from?
Ran Iji : Was it from your desire to shave?
Ultimate Razer : Lol no. It was passed down from my brother. GrimTurtle is my secondary name I use on PSN and stuff.
Ran Iji : Interesting enough. How long have you been playing Smash competitively?
Ultimate Razer : I've been playing "competitively" with my brothers and cousins since melee days. We started with items and sudden death on Hyrule Temple but eventually went to FD only 1v1s no items.
Ultimate Razer : I got into the tournament scene in June 2008 Brawl.
Ultimate Razer : I saw an ICs video about chain grabs and read a comment saying "too bad these are banned in Houston tournaments". I quickly responded and he directed me to smashboards. I already knew about it but couldn't log in lol. Then I went to HOBO after talking to xyro.
Ultimate Razer : Thats how I got into the tournament scene and still active today.
Ran Iji : Wahahahaha.
Ultimate Razer : Yes...wah.
Ran Iji : You came out of pretty much no where to do incredibly well in Texas relatively quickly. I remember the stunned crowd at the college Hobo where you beat RoyR. Any particular reason you feel that you've managed to get so good, so fast?
Ultimate Razer : Well I wouldn't say fast. That happened in November so it took me about 5 months. I just wanted to be the best and this was back when I played wifi. Kept training and watching videos and studying the competition. I took my old tourney experiences and figured out what I did wrong, how could I improve, and what to work on next. In the old days, I almost beat Stiltz at his prime and Roy as well. Some people took notice but I guess it was when I beat Gnes, Hylian, and Sethlon at that tourney to get fourth is when everyone noticed me. Just keep trying.
Ran Iji : True enough. Any particular reason you have stuck with the Wii Mote + Chuck, instead of going to a GC controller? More so, any regrets now that MLG has them banned?
Ultimate Razer : I used to use GC controller. The first week of Brawl is when I used it. After the Game Stop tourney though, I switched to try it out. Soon I just got comfortable with it. I like the way snake plays on the wiimote/nunchuck a lot better than the GC controller. I feel more agile I guess. I sort of did regret at first...but eh I got used to it. I can still use it, just not as well. I'll be training with it after Apex though so I can attend MLG Dallas.
Ran Iji : Are you going to be teaming with Gnes again for MLG Dallas? I believe in interviews M2k has stated that that team was one of the hardest that they ever fought.
Ultimate Razer : If I get good enough, we are teaming. Yes, Gnes and I took M2K and Ally to game 5 last hit on Brinstar in the first set of GF...but Jason is gay! Almost timed us out. Lol, they are our main goal at Apex. I care more about Apex than MLG Dallas at the moment.
Ran Iji : What would you say would be your favoite match up?
Ultimate Razer : Favorite....hmmm. Falco comes naturally to me...lots of people have trouble from him or so they tell me but I found it natural..Idk. I'm good vs Diddy but hes broken. Metaknight, I enjoy fighting the aggressive ones...but I
Ultimate Razer : I'm slowly starting to like MK over all lol.
Ran Iji : And to give eager players in Texas a chance for an upset, what's your least favorite matchup?
Ultimate Razer : D3 or Marth. D3...I lack experience I suppose but thats the only character I'm willing to time out rofl. Marth is super annoying to me...I think Ally agrees with me here :p.
Ran Iji : Snake pays too much in off the edge against Marth, since that's the only chance Marth really has against him. Mks are tend to let Snake get back on too easily since they are looking for the gimp, while Marths just want damage.
Ran Iji : At least, that's what I've found.
Ultimate Razer : I guess. They both just want to juggle you.
Ran Iji : What's your most memorable moment in playing Smash?
Ultimate Razer : Hmmm. The one that pops to my head was at Final Smash 5, a San Antonio regional tournament. This was win I was getting good. Loser Finals vs. Infinity. I just went through a tough bracket of people like Dojo and DMG. I believe it was game 5 on Halberd. I was losing by a large margin I think. The crowd was on my side and I remember getting a down grab. I got some good reads and magic happened for me to win. Everyone then jumped on me so it was a good feeling for an upcoming player. Genesis was also maybe the best smash trip I've had...it was 2 weeks long for me since I was stuck in Dallas lol.
Ran Iji : I remember, I was there. =D
Ultimate Razer : Oh yeah you were lol.
Ran Iji : So, you're sixteen now, do you have any plans for you future yet?
Ultimate Razer : Uhh. Gonna keep playing smash for a while I guess lol. I know I'm going to Apex...wanted to go to BIO 4 but tickets would kill me. Social life...thats private =D.
Ran Iji : Well played sheep boy, well played.
Ran Iji : What do you feel that your Snake style focuses on?
Ultimate Razer : Explosives. Thats why I play snake. I thought he was boring and slow at first and used a variety of characters back in the wifi days. Then I played a snake after a while and decided to use him for his explosives. I tried to be a faster snake and I think I've done that. I find him fun.
Ran Iji : Do you have any advice you'd like to pass on to other Snake players?
Ultimate Razer : Work on your basics!
Ultimate Razer : And don't try to copy others. Take things and make your own style. =P
Ran Iji : Is there anything you would like to add, shout outs and so on?
Ultimate Razer : Gnes is gay. Diddy is most broken character in the game. Who the **** makes you trip?
Ultimate Razer : Cya snake boards!

Previous Interviews:
1. So Fatal

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Razer's a beast!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RATED

Smash Lord
Razer's a beast!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NLUSBrHe8Yw&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
wow what a ****!, i though that Dphat was a Marth user or mainer.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I brought razer into the HOBO world. Without the HOBO world he would be nothing. GIVE ME AN INTERVIEW(please)!

Top Bottom