• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet Weapon of Choice (BROWSER POLL)

Which web browser do you prefer?

• Apple Safari

Votes: 19 3.4%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 145 26.3%
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 40 7.3%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 315 57.2%
  • Opera

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • other

Votes: 9 1.6%

• Total voters

Mr. M4

Smash Rookie
Alright Firefox
I guess its all part of the "Boycott Microsoft Revolution"

Ubuntu > Winblows 7 :)

Sp133n

Smash Rookie
Linux Mint Felicia, derivative of Ubuntu's Intrepid Ibex, it's truly beautiful *sheds a tear*
But, as to browsers, it so incredibly CHROME! Yes! Launch speed is ten times better then Firefox, i drool over the default theme, loading speed is great, arguably more secure, incognito mode can be useful feeling lazy, no add on can TOUCH the integrated url bar in chrome, it's scary good. Easier, faster, safer, chrome =]

(I'd just pay for some customization/user content. But it's made by Google, so it's gold =P)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will switch to Chrome once it has Xmarks and Adblock Plus. The Web Developer Toolbar and Firebug would be nice too. ^_^

Sp133n

Smash Rookie
Xmarks == what?
Adblock plus, I see your point (Though when i was a ff user i disabled it, it got annoying =P)
Firebug omgosh YES, if you're doing development, just launch in ff =P (Although check out chrome's "Inspector", it's a pretty neat clone of Firebug)
Web Developer Toolbar I'm also not familiar with.
But for browsing, gaming, email, forums, SEARCHING/RESEARCH, and general speed, Chrome ftw ^_^

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Mozilla all the way.

This says it best:

Ironically, on my Windows partition, I have IE8 only because I never use Windows anymore. I need to get firefox though...

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Firefox yay..

Question; Am I the only one who still uses Firefox 2.* , instead of whatever 3.* the newest version is?

13Potter

Smash Rookie
Where's the love for Sarfari? I may have to switch to Google Chrome seeing as it's extremely fast.

Maybe it'll help poor cox internet.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use Google Chrome. I prefer it's minimalist interface to firefox, and the speed is comparable. It feels a little more stable as well. Firefox is still fantastic, of course, but aesthetics means a lot to me.

Mystery100

Smash Rookie
I also use Chrome. It's fast, as compared to Firefox on my laptop. I know that Firefox has taken customization over-the-top, and I respect that, but still, I think Chrome is overall, the best, safest, and most unique, (in a good way), browser of them all.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Well, I fell into pressure and tried Chrome! It's like lightning.Like 1 second to load! I love it! Only thing is, it really could use some mare features. Love the themes though. Starry night is beautiful!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I just got Chrome and it's pretty fast; I like it for the same reasons others mentioned. Ironically, the one site Chrome seems to struggle with is gmail. lol

Sharky

Smash Master
I just got Chrome and it's pretty fast; I like it for the same reasons others mentioned. Ironically, the one site Chrome seems to struggle with is gmail. lol
You sure about that? Cause I just checked both FF and chrome on mine and chrome was slightly faster lol

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Chrome, it's beautiful and noticeably faster than anything else I've used.
Also I use Chrome because one day my Firefox just died, when I open it there is a white screen and that's all it doesn't load pages.. Thats when I switched.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
AHAHHAHA I watched it for like 5 seconds and the first person already made me laugh

"What is a browser?"
"Google. What else?"

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
so what's the deal with Chrome. We'd installed it when it first came out but it had like, compatibility issues, has it improved at all? I still like Firefox, having been a Netscape fan, having been a Mosaic fan.

Top Bottom