• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Crew at Apex

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada - Peach
Amsah - Sheik
Ice - Marth
Leffen - Fox
Javi - Fox
Kage - Ganon
Kirbykaze - Sheik
Unknown522 - Fox

Let Kage take care of Hungrybox, Armada for Mango, Amsah for Dr.PP. The rest can handle the others.

leffen

Smash Champion
Probably not unknown, but the average smasher johns way more than the average top player.'

Don't take it badly, Calle W johns a lot too and I'm still great friends with him

but seriously, look at these posts objectively:

This one I had for 2 and a half years. I bought it for RoM1 cuz my controller sucked back then, but it got shipped in a week late and I ended up getting it the wednesday after RoM (The controller I used before would almost always side-b when I tried to laser, and f-air instead of n-air). Because of that, I lost to rockcrock in a close set. But I side-b'd off the stage twice per game at low percent. Then I lost to wife in loser's. Almost 4-stocked him game 1. Then lost on Mute city. Then lost a close game on stadium. I side-b'd off at the very beginning of the match at 0%. Then I got 0-deathed by a stitch. So I was down 2 stocks to his 4, both at 0% from the beginning. I got him to last stock, high percent but the deficit was too big for me to catch up.

The following week when I got the controller, then we went to quebec for a tourney and I beat Kage, and Vwins for the first time ever (even 3-stocking Vwins on Brinstar game 2). Then I lost to both of them 2 months later when I forgot my controller (so I ragequit both sets because I SD'd so much vs them).
But yeah, for now: I never have trouble with sheik's shield pressure, unless they know that I'm gonna chill in shield and they go for a grab, or if I blatantly mess up/get shield stabbed (my shield fails a lot so it's kinda aggravating).

leffen

Smash Champion
Probably not unknown, but the average smasher johns way more than the average top player.'

Don't take it badly, Calle W johns a lot too and I'm still great friends with him

but seriously, look at these posts objectively:

This one I had for 2 and a half years. I bought it for RoM1 cuz my controller sucked back then, but it got shipped in a week late and I ended up getting it the wednesday after RoM (The controller I used before would almost always side-b when I tried to laser, and f-air instead of n-air). Because of that, I lost to rockcrock in a close set. But I side-b'd off the stage twice per game at low percent. Then I lost to wife in loser's. Almost 4-stocked him game 1. Then lost on Mute city. Then lost a close game on stadium. I side-b'd off at the very beginning of the match at 0%. Then I got 0-deathed by a stitch. So I was down 2 stocks to his 4, both at 0% from the beginning. I got him to last stock, high percent but the deficit was too big for me to catch up.

The following week when I got the controller, then we went to quebec for a tourney and I beat Kage, and Vwins for the first time ever (even 3-stocking Vwins on Brinstar game 2). Then I lost to both of them 2 months later when I forgot my controller (so I ragequit both sets because I SD'd so much vs them).
But yeah, for now: I never have trouble with sheik's shield pressure, unless they know that I'm gonna chill in shield and they go for a grab, or if I blatantly mess up/get shield stabbed (my shield fails a lot so it's kinda aggravating).

idea

Smash Master
interesting

lol feels weird to have people commenting on people I've known for so long
haha i know what you mean.

did i ever tell you about my first tournament? i think you were there, but it was really weird for me 'cause i'd already seen david and bernard in some youtube video (part of how i found out there even was competitive smash in toronto). so when i got there i asked someone who kirbykaze was, but i already knew his face. it was a little bit like meeting a celebrity. lolol

man. i used to look at videos like the FC series and MLGs, and think, wow, this looks so impossibly fun, i can't imagine what it would be like if this were my life. but now, we have tournaments every month, and ones even bigger and better than in those videos at least once a year. :)

yoo, I forgot about imadh!!

Leffen: I don't think I john much more than your average smasher
lol why would you john in the fox boards? now they have it in writing.

unknown522

Some guy
wtf, a broken controller. Every johns about that. I know way too many people who have almost quit over a crappy/broken controller. Even in the US

top players do jonh a lot as well. Not gonna name names though.

I'm not mad about the callout or anything, but y'know I can't just sit there and take it as well.

edit: lol kyle.

I also make it a not to never john first unless someone else does

Anth0ny

Smash Master
^Its very popular to be a kk fanboy these days. I get it- I really do. He has alot of likeable qualities, including being a decent smasher who isn't ugly/fat as **** or socially awkward as ****, being a flirtatious homosexual, and using words/phrases like "ilk" and "tickle your fancy". He also has a really aesthetically pleasing playstyle, and has a high profile on the boards. Its not difficult to see why people like him so much, but i also think he's slightly overrated. Just because he's likeable as **** and unknown isn't (because of his incessant johns/poor attitude in general), doesn't mean he's better than unknown.

Imo he should still be on this apex world crew tho'
bahahahahaah this post made me laugh. Hitting the smash community where it hurts :laugh:

Unknown really doesn't john, maybe you're confusing him with someone else. KK is a top tier player, look no further than tournament results. He's a shoo in for this crew.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Canada using Emergency Recall in the international crews thread.

weon - X

Smash Ace
lol and by having a stacked crew like the US (4 of the best players in the world) vs a not so stacked like europe is going to be hype?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Armada - Peach
Amsah - Sheik
Ice - Marth
Leffen - Fox
Javi - Fox
Kage - Ganon
Kirbykaze - Sheik
Unknown522 - Fox

Let Kage take care of Hungrybox, Armada for Mango, Amsah for Dr.PP. The rest can handle the others.
Where is Captain Jack? Why is Leffen not as Yoshi?

Damn it people, stop arranging crews in terms of their competitive viability. I want entertainment.

Beat!

Smash Master
Where is Captain Jack? Why is Leffen not as Yoshi?

Damn it people, stop arranging crews in terms of their competitive viability. I want entertainment.
leffen said:
ust fyi, noone is gonna pick CJ or Javi because that isn't "hype" to us non americans, thats like saying you should use only low tiers BECAUSE ITS HYPE FOR US, OMG!!!
Of course people are gonna step aside for more "hype" players, but that is mainly because people don't really care about the crew battle anyway (read:since the crews are done in such a _retarded_ way)

so can please anyone from USA gtfo this thread so we can have more discussion and less bias and OMGIWANNASEETHISPLAYERGETANNIHILATED kkthx.
10 characters

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Melee community has become a bunch of couch potatoes who want to have entertainment 24/7 and donate money for their viewing pleasure. :troll:

Bing

Smash Master
Pretty sure matches featuring low tier characters can be just as ****ty as anything else, and to be honest, I dunno who doesnt find Spacie matches entertaining... THEY JUST **** EACH OTHER LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTER.

And for the record if you guys are telling us to use low tiers... where are yours? Axe is one...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
on another note, why is this tournament an 8v8. Look at the competiton. Should be a 10 v 10 with 2 alts.

Anyway: Bolded choices for starters, Underlined for Alternates.

Armada Peach (or Young Link LAWL)
Amsah: Sheik
Hack: Marth
Leffen: Falco (or Yoshi)
Ice: Marth
Blunted Object (Falco)
Kirbykaze: Sheik
Vwins: Peach
Captain Jack (if he is still really good) or Kage
Over

2 peaches, 2 Marth's, 2 Falco's, 0 foxes Lol

leffen

Smash Champion
I still certain that I have the best falco in europe (and one of the best in the world tbh) if I warm him up for a hour. Don't judge me of 1 game >_>

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Anyone that is not Mango sucks obviously.

I think downtalk is only ok when someone puts himself in a high pedestal but other than that, it's pretty BS to do that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom