• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting 'Facts' 3.0 AKA: Zook's Misinformation Scheme

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Whoa, stop derailing this thread with Chuck Norris "facts". This thread is supposed to be Interesting Facts, not Chuck Norris jokes.

So that said, I'm going to start posting the true versions of some of the 'facts' I corrected in Interesting Facts 2.0:

-The body makes and destroys 3 million red blood cells every second

-There are some oysters that can climb trees

-The average person produces about 4000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
People have posted pictures with the F-bomb in the forum game "Post until you laugh".
Oh stop crying already. No ones coming to save your poor childlike innocence from being viciously ravaged by words starting with F and ending with K. :chuckle:

With no mods in forum games, even advertisers can get away with murder. :embarrass

D

Deleted member

The following concern Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list.

The highest rated song from Guitar Hero is "I Wanna Be Sedated", at #144.

The highest rated song from Guitar Hero II is "Sweet Child O'Mine", at #196.

There are no songs from Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s.

The highest rated song from Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is "Anarchy in the U.K.", at #53.

The highest rated song from Rock Band is "Blitzkrieg Bop", at #92.

#406 is "I Believe I Can Fly". I'm not joking.

antimatter

Smash Lord
Oh stop crying already. No ones coming to save your poor childlike innocence from being viciously ravaged by words starting with F and ending with K. :chuckle:

With no mods in forum games, even advertisers can get away with murder. :embarrass
honestly, if it were up to me, there would be no censor or worries. It would be just like Penny Arcade. I do not personally care, but there are some who do.

D

Deleted member

The Chinese discovered Antarctica, South America, and possibly North America (them or Vikings)

RedSox

Smash Rookie
Antarctica wasn't officially discovered until the 1800's. However, a German map from 1543 clearly shows Antarctica at the bottom of it.

The biggest man in recorded history was 8'11". He died of a infected blister on his size 26 foot.

If you were to take the four Gospels and put them in the order they were written, it would be: Mark, John, Matthew and then Luke.

Contrary to popular belief, there are more polar bears on on Earth now than there ever were.

Tokyo is the world's most populated city. It is also the least polluted major city in the world.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The Chinese discovered Antarctica, South America, and possibly North America (them or Vikings)
Not true, actually, it's a bogus claim that was published but has almost no historical backing, the author fabricated the majority of his background claims and the evidence he uses for it is almost nil.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Bill Russell was at the forefront of a Celtics dynasty that claimed 11 NBA championships in just 13 years.

Catfish have 100,000 taste buds.

Goalie63

Smash Rookie
Typewriter is the longest word you can spell on one line on your keyboard (I know your looking at your keyboard :))

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
If there is a competition between a Blue team and a Red team, the Red team has a 55% chance of winning.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Typewriter is the longest word you can spell on one line on your keyboard (I know your looking at your keyboard :))
And "stewardesses" is the longest word that can be typed using one hand (as in when you use the right fingers to type)

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I heard that if you were born in international waters, you are a citizen of every country. Though, I did not verify that. And it is from an unreliable person.

If there is a competition between a Blue team and a Red team, the Red team has a 55% chance of winning.
LOL, this must be argument of the Republican elect ability.

Edit: Yeah, I checked the completely reliable internet and my fact is wrong. You are a citizen of the country you just left. For example, if your parents are Americans visiting France. Gone back to America, but along the way had a baby on the airplane to America. Then, the baby is a French citizen. I think.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
1. God is love
2. Love is blind
3. Ray Charles is blind
THUS...
4. Ray Charles is GOD.

ALSO...
1. Ray Charles is black
2. Ray Charles is God.
3. Jesus is the son of God.
4. Jesus is black (at least half).

antimatter

Smash Lord
an independent study found that women were more aroused by other women doing gymnastics than of naked attractive men.

M.K

Level 55
"Funner" is indeed a word, but it isn't used normally because it doesn't flow very well in a sentence.

I'm sure this has been done before, but here we go:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

antimatter

Smash Lord
"Funner" is indeed a word, but it isn't used normally because it doesn't flow very well in a sentence.

I'm sure this has been done before, but here we go:

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
You got tihs form AltF4Warrior, ddni't you?

Top Bottom