• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interest for a Large Tournament in the UK?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
because Melee has taken over this thread due to the lack of enthusiasm of brawlers.

any suggestions on how to resolve possible housing issues? I can take 4 people in my house, but I have been known to house about 10 smashers/hobos.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I doubt its a lack of enthusiasm. What do you want brawlers to post anyways. The current topic is melee stage list/ melee tournament hosting. I'd love to go to a massive European tournament.

Tamoo

Smash Master
People in london who usually house are me, alex and charles.
I personally would only be willing to house melee ppl, and can take 4, with priority given to my crew + scots

The problem is convincing all the london brawlers to house other brawlers, not too sure who in london plays brawl anymore though.

Do the brawlers really not care for a big tournament? >.>

B.Mack

Smash Ace
People in london who usually house are me, alex and charles.
I personally would only be willing to house melee ppl, and can take 4, with priority given to my crew + scots

The problem is convincing all the london brawlers to house other brawlers, not too sure who in london plays brawl anymore though.

Do the brawlers really not care for a big tournament? >.>
anyone that can house would be fantastic.

the brawlers care, just not as concerned as the Melee'ers.

vast majority have a habit of wanting to leave everything to one guy and then reap the benefits.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Just fyi I can't really house more than 2 people anymore. :|

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Hugo- he can host whatever kind of tournament he wants

Bmack- It's going to pay off being patient. Any tournaments I've run or have played a part in running has involved a fair bit of preparation even before the venue is booked. If the venue is big enough which it sounds like it is then the next important thing is TVs. If you can account for all the TVs you need then you have to try and sort out housing. Ask around if I were you. There may be people who can help you out. The venue itself might even be an option.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
How many UK Brawlers are there in the first place?
You could always look on AiB - people will use Wi Fi if they can't/don't attend tourneys. That might be a good place to start, see if you can generate some attendees there

I would love to see a large UK tourney but I don't know the first thing to organizing one. Need to find Brawlers at Uni...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
honestly bmack I've seen several uk brawlers who post on SWF (some long time posters) who have never showed up to an event before, why not scout around? advertise elsewhere.

j3ly

Smash Champion
there is a melee scene? dude do u have msn, hype goes to york studying music atm he wud love to meet some smashheads

edit - oh, a melee player lol. is it ramzi?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Stupid melee scene. Stop being better than the brawl scene.

Rickerdy, there's a guy called Four Sword who really wants you to come to this.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hahahah whichever game it's for the bigger issue is housing and TVs. If you can't sort both of these out then you're not going to be able to run a tournament

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Seems like a lot of tourneys in Germany are in the making.

Dögüsch Smash is confirmed for March [weekend over the 11th] - Brawl
MSN2 and BiB2 are discussed and it seems like most people settle with April for both tourneys [one is Melee and the other is Brawl].

:059:

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I'll probably end up doing that... but not until I've got some proper solid venue and TV plans.

Top Bottom