• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INSTANT ledge cancel - MELEE SPEED

Caracappa16

Smash Rookie
Hey guys not sure how many of you already know about this. Using sheik's chain one can instantly cancel it off the edge by pressing down. The tricky part is that you have to hold down instead of taping it once or sheik will instantly grab the ledge again. What this does is cancels the lag completely. You can stand next to the ledge, dash off and instantly chain cancel into another move.

The best part about it would have to be its variety of uses! I'll get a video up as soon as I can. Potentially you can ledge cancel as fast as you could in melee and when one gets good enough, instantly jump into an attack, land, dash off the side and repeat. This can all be done with 0 lag =)

Have fun perfecting your savage chain canceling. I have already incorporated it into a few different combo's, including way off the stage, i'll let you guys come up with some stuff and see what people have to say =D

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hey guys not sure how many of you already know about this. Using sheik's chain one can instantly cancel it off the edge by pressing down. The tricky part is that you have to hold down instead of taping it once or sheik will instantly grab the ledge again. What this does is cancels the lag completely. You can stand next to the ledge, dash off and instantly chain cancel into another move.

The best part about it would have to be its variety of uses! I'll get a video up as soon as I can. Potentially you can ledge cancel as fast as you could in melee and when one gets good enough, instantly jump into an attack, land, dash off the side and repeat. This can all be done with 0 lag =)

Have fun perfecting your savage chain canceling. I have already incorporated it into a few different combo's, including way off the stage, i'll let you guys come up with some stuff and see what people have to say =D
Welcome to the beginning of brawl :laugh:

Caracappa16

Smash Rookie
Ah I see, lol wasn't sure considering most of the "advanced techniques" I have seen are somewhat basic and I didn't read anything about the chain cancel. Maybe it is also considered to basic to mention, however, I doubt there are many people who can actually use this technique to its full potential =)!

Anywho, since this is old news I would love to hear about people's combo's and what not when implementing this.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
There was a post about this some time ago. Probably at the depths of the Sheik forum. I adopted the technique since then, well, I use it sparingly.

Anyway, after attaching with the chain, drop down, making sure you have your second jump available, and then perform some sort of aerial attack from there. The point is to trick your opponent who will think you're going to hang and come after you.

(I'm not taking any credit for this. That's what the post was about, but I don't intend on finding it.)

Caracappa16

Smash Rookie
Its always been that way.
Usually, most techs that people find... have always been that way? And I have yet to see anyone at any tourney I have been in use this so I figured I'd post about it =)

You are abnormally smart though. I can tell from your response! Very informative!

Villi

Smash Lord
He's talking about having no lag between hanging from the ledge and being able to let go and double jump. Hugging the ledge with your chain makes this possible, I guess.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I think hes talking about something else

dashing off and coming back on to the stage would not be an effective way of using the technique gimpy mentioned.

Caracappa16

Smash Rookie
Ok so maybe I am talking about something else. What I am talking about here is the ability to INSTANTLY cancel a ledge grab into anything one wishes by using this chain cancel.

Top Bottom