• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Insomniac" NYC's first Brawl+ crew!!! ~OFFICIAL crew thread~

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you be able to VaNz? LOL of course man.

Anyway Skip if that was to happen people would whine about it being sexist(which it is)...it also balances out since physically women are able to take less alcohol than men.

LMAO @ the thought of Guru last minute ditching Hackfest.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I guess 3-4 PM although everyone will show up at 5 or later as usual. I really don't care, I get bored of Smash after about 3 hours anyway...so I guess 5 actually. That way nobody really has to "wake up" for it.

5-10 sound good?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
So yeah Black and I talked and we're gonna see Avatar immediately after the fest. It's at 10:30 and it takes 19 minutes to get to the theater from my house. The Ticket price is 15 for the real 3d which is definitely worth it.

Let me know who else wants to go because I think I might have to order the tickets online to guarantee seats (this movie keeps selling out...)

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
So yeah Black and I talked and we're gonna see Avatar immediately after the fest. It's at 10:30 and it takes 19 minutes to get to the theater from my house. The Ticket price is 15 for the real 3d which is definitely worth it.

Let me know who else wants to go because I think I might have to order the tickets online to guarantee seats (this movie keeps selling out...)
ill come thru tomorrow. as far as the movie goes, ive seen it already, but i would like to see it again with you guys if your doing it as a group, unless im working sunday morning.

Glick

Smash Lord
What day exactly is hackfest?

Whenever it is I'm going. I just want to know.
Did you guys buy tickets and stuff already?

I have the money for it right now. Thanks to christmas.
that wont last long though. I just really want to do something smash related. It's been a long time.

I can't go to your fest silven. I'm doing the polar bear club thing. You know when you jump in the water the first day of january. it's in coney island :D

I'm super excited.

Enter bar

Enter Bar

Enter Bar

I do that a lot. it's kinda annoying.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
ok so stupid co workers strand themselves at some party for new years about an hour away from where they work and cant come in, because there ****in stupid and strand themselves with out any mode of convient transportation. seeing as he cant make his shift which takes place at 5 and will be about 2 hours late if he does try to come, im pretty much put in a situation to forceably cover for him. so a 9 to 9 shift for me today whoopy >: [

in short, i cant make it today because people dont know how to make sure they can get somewhere they need to be to fufill a responsibility.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Sorry Khanti...and you're actually lucky because I forgot to ask Black to bring his Wii. Basically we played SF4, Melee and vBrawl with my cousin's unhacked Wii since mine was bricked. The fest sucked..we got no useful training but we did have a great time after. Shin and I saw Avatar (my 2nd time) and guess what..he loved it. Because that movie is ****ING EPIC!

Nobody can really deny that ;) VaNz you're a nub for hating on the movie for no reason, and Black I understand why you didn't wanna go since it was majorly inconvenient for you (we got out of the theater at around 2am) ... You should go see it with some friends though, it's REALLY REALLY worth it..and see it in 3D.

Cia

das kwl
LOL! my reasons for not wanting to see the movie were

- movie is long as hell and let's out late (same as raymond except i live further away and I have to transfer to a bus)
- Already had no interest in the movie.
- Just did not feel like being in a movie theater.

3 legit reasons right there.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Phone's not working....? Who told you that?

And I have to find out exactly what time bus we're taking first before all of that. Shin wants to come but he gets off at a ****ty time so I have to make sure the bus we take he's able to make on that morning. Also I have to speak with Guru about the specifics. I'm pretty sure Jcizzle can delay the tourney a bit if we take a later bus since of course it won't be all that big so it should run smooth regardless..as long as he's not on that Chibo lemme go eat a sandwich before singles status.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
gurus status on aim said he dont have his phone so yah, hes rarely on aim but im sure he'll go on there or on smashboards before hackfest. if for any reason guru doesnt come on or just decides not to go cause of other plans / too busy, im sure we'll be fine lol hopefully he does though x]

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Guru is being mad fail right now wtfrack.

He already posted the bus time and all that, in fact Black already quoted it for someone else. I think it's 7:15..too lazy to check. Black go back and quote that shizz again plx. LAZY TOWN right now na' mean?

So leik..I have to say I'm not at all hyped for Hackfest...like from one to ten it'd be a zero lmao but I'll still go just to see if I can have fun with this game's tourneys again...

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
I'm most likely going to Hackfest one way or another. You guys all should come. Keep in mind, though, that the entry fees are a measly 5 dollars each for doubles and singles, so the low payout might turn off some of you dudes.

Tentative travel details:

We can take Boltbus (http://www.boltbus.com) from 33rd and 7th in Manhattan to the Marc Penn Station in Baltimore.

Bus leaves at 7:15 (which is the only bus we can take since doubles starts at noon).
Price: $16 one way (from NY to MD). The return trip can be much less; if we take the 8:15, 9:15, or 11:15 bus back to NY, the returning trip is 10 bucks.

So if we reserve the tickets asap, the bus is 26 bucks. Balimore subway is 3.20 round trip, so total trans cost comes to about 30 birdies.
thats all the tentative info yoo. i know for sure i will not be able to make it out of work until 7am so imma end up having to catch a later bus. sucks but thats life. i say yallz go on the 7ish bus and i'll try and catch the 9ish bus.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Any word from Guru?

And you guys saw the new official set is out, right? That's what we'll be using.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Was M.I.A. for a while, been busy with stuff.

Still gotta get those tickets (they jacked up Sunday's bus rides to 18 bucks each...). I gotta know which bus we're taking on Sunday though, so I can buy the tickets asap.

Friday fest sounds alright.

Hopefully Hackfest rekindles my interest in the game.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Tickets purchased. VaNz I didn't purchase yours because for some reason you never signed on + you can just text your confirmation code to your phone. We saw a few people doing that when we went to PA with the same company so it works..don't worry about it.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Can I get an ETA?
Our bus arrives in Baltimore at 11:30am. Last time Blacka and I went, going from the bus station to the Owings Mills station took about 40, 45 minutes.

So expect us to to show up to Owings Mills around 12:15pm. We'll call you ahead of time though.

Top Bottom