• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia Revival Discussion~ Memphis, TN

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Interesting... I'll talk to Myz on Tuesday. Maybe we can work something out. And integrating it might work if only half the venue is being used for biweeklies... I can run it easily. I'm not gonna push anything though. We have plenty of time, but I will be there to support you melee folks (and run around praying for my dash, crouch, and Usmash with Fox).

Ambix

Smash Ace
Interesting... I'll talk to Myz on Tuesday. Maybe we can work something out. And integrating it might work if only half the venue is being used for biweeklies... I can run it easily. I'm not gonna push anything though. We have plenty of time, but I will be there to support you melee folks (and run around praying for my dash, crouch, and Usmash with Fox).
You wouldn't be able to use the other half regardless.

The power company considers the two sides of the building to be seperate units and we can't afford to activate electricity for both sides for the bi-weeklies.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I see... Well maybe we can figure something out. I'll just wait til Tuesday to talk to Myztek. So yeah, back to the Melee planning. I'm pretty stoked about this, even though I completely suck at Melee. This is gonna be awesome...

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Ohhhhhh snap, I work like 10mins from there, too bad I don't leave work until 7 if I work fridays, guess I'd be missing doubles :'(

I've come to terms with the fact that my schedule and new hobbies stop me from practicing, but I wouldn't mind dropping in from time to time.

**Prehistoric Peach seal of approval**

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Considering timing, I'm down for anything that isn't Friday. Evening works best for me, too, since I'm primarily only nocturnal. Since the biweeklies/tourney series is named INNsomnia, it only makes sense to keep it at night :3 However, since we wouldn't be having to wait for the venue to close down before use, it'd be kinda cool to start things off a little earlier in the evening/night, that way we're not wrapping things up at 4am....

As far as tables are concerned, I'll talk to my boss tomorrow about borrowing some of the ones from work. The tables are basically bigger versions of the ones at Power Play, and there are chairs I may be able to snag as well. I'm fairly sure we'd be able to use them for free as long as nobody...you know...falcon knees them. ^_^

Lance- omfg I thought you were dead

Ambix

Smash Ace
Ohhhhhh snap, I work like 10mins from there, too bad I don't leave work until 7 if I work fridays, guess I'd be missing doubles :'(

I've come to terms with the fact that my schedule and new hobbies stop me from practicing, but I wouldn't mind dropping in from time to time.

**Prehistoric Peach seal of approval**
Getting off at 7 wouldn't keep you from doing doubles. it's starting to look like we're going to kick things off around 8:30 PM.

Is anyone else opposed to saturday?

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Is that 10 AM or 10 PM?
Would you not be able to make it if we did do it rather late on friday?
The old INNsomnia bi's used to run from sundown to sunup. It wasn't a problem for me but I know chad and myzztek used to have hellish sunday's at work after an INN but they still went anyway because it was amazing.
yea i work nights starting around 10pm sorry i wasn't clear on that. I have class from 7am-2pm m-f and work 10pm to 4am m-f....so my weekdays suuuck. If its not gonna start till 8 ill show up but i wont be there long usually. That is probably whats going to work with every elses schedule though so make it how you want and ill see what i can do

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
What about recording/broadcasting?

Arby or I could record with his dazzle and possibly broadcast it on the web.

---Just an Idea---

I often buy premium accounts from megaupload which allows me to have premium access to megalive(live broadcasting). I haven't tested this yet, but I think we could capture video with the dazzle and then broadcast it on the web. If I have my premium account on, I think it would record the broadcast and save us processing power. Then again, I can't test this until I get back after the winter break.

------------------

I'm assuming there will not be internet? Above idea depends on this.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I also have a dazzle if that helps with recording, and Saturday evenings would be tough on me since I go to church at 9AM Sunday morning.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I would definitely be down for friday nights almost every single week.......as long as the time isn't made to be super late. I work around 10 usually at the airport area. So the drive down to southaven wouldn't keep me away as long as I can go straight towards work afterwards. During the week is usually just ruff for me to go to the view and such because of my busy schedule i need zzzzzz's....on a friday though ill just say **** it.

Although I of course have no particular interest in it, adding brawl would be a very good idea if the main purpose of the bi-weeklies is to make $$$$$$......seeing as how memphis brawlers has already started to grow to what I would consider rather respectable.

Edit: oh yeaaaa *cough cough*
tasty (falcon/IC)
Wezl (marth/Samus)
Well if we're basing time lines from Fed Ex's work schedule and other's work schedules in durable standards, I'd say Saturday is the best date imo.It's usually an off day for most ppl,gives free time and sunday is an extra day to get back to wherever you came from,etc.I vote Saturday and I say GET HYPE. This has inspired e to play melee more because I used to play Zane when he swung by my place.I could never attend INNsomnia because I was only 16 at the time and my parents were quite tedious with allowing a minor compete so far away.Make it a saturday and I'm in. :)

Add brawl so I can have my spotlight. Talon loves you.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Alright so would the same time on saturday be acceptable or should we start earlier?

Saturday 8:00 PM?

Any objections?

EDIT:

No, yoshi, there wouldn't be internet unless someone decided to bring theirs. I know zero has that portable sprint internet box thingy.

We might end up splurging on a conference room for the big torunament just for the internet and the OoS people who would need decent lodging.

Ambix

Smash Ace
That kind of knocks half of Arkansas out of it =/

GVice and Chambermaid can't come if it's Saturday night.
sigh -____-

Stop having conflicting schedules, god damn you.

We're just going to have to invent a new day....FUNday.

Would saturday morning or afternoon still exclude arkansas?

Anyone know what time tasty gets off of work?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ambix, I could swing Saturday morning, but if we do anything Saturday evening, it'd really complicate things for me.

But yeah, Saturday morning would be alright, cuz I think someone wouldn't mind housing me Friday evening/night and then we could go from there. But that depends on what the rest of Arkansas thinks. I know that by and large, Saturday night would be the primary choice for everyone besides me and Chams...so you guys do what you need to do, and we'll come as much as we can.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Ambix, I could swing Saturday morning, but if we do anything Saturday evening, it'd really complicate things for me.

But yeah, Saturday morning would be alright, cuz I think someone wouldn't mind housing me Friday evening/night and then we could go from there. But that depends on what the rest of Arkansas thinks. I know that by and large, Saturday night would be the primary choice for everyone besides me and Chams...so you guys do what you need to do, and we'll come as much as we can.
This would be a lot easier if I could actually just get a hold of everyone.

Can you guys spread the word and tell people to contact me so i can write their schedules down and get their time preferences?

AIM is ambix666
MSN is ambix-@hotmail.com
PM me if you want my number.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Alright so would the same time on saturday be acceptable or should we start earlier?

Saturday 8:00 PM?

Any objections?

EDIT:

No, yoshi, there wouldn't be internet unless someone decided to bring theirs. I know zero has that portable sprint internet box thingy.

We might end up splurging on a conference room for the big torunament just for the internet and the OoS people who would need decent lodging.
If it's cool if I carpool with someone for INN then I'm fine.Saturdays I have nothing to do but waste my life playing smash. ;)

I pretty much work the same hours as Tsty. I go in at 11-3 a.m during weekdays.Fridays for FedEx employeeds however are tedious on fridays.We're pretty much trapped until freight is sorted and it could last until 6 am.Thats on my side of duty however,I can't say for Tsty.He may get out earlier than I do. I'm more than willing and happy to attend INNsomnia if I can catch a ride.More than likely it'll be Iori.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Fridays for FedEx employeeds however are tedious on fridays.We're pretty much trapped until freight is sorted and it could last until 6 am.Thats on my side of duty however,I can't say for Tsty.He may get out earlier than I do.
ehhhhh Fridays dont really affect me as long as sort doesnt go down late from any other complications.....I usually get off around 15 to 4...but any time added on to sort is that same amount of time added on to the departure time of my flight which makes that same amount of time added on to me being there.

Anywho I really like the saturday during the day idea for the bi-weeklies....that gets my vote

WEZL

Smash Cadet
Saturday during the day would be fine with me. Just as long as it doesn't go too late.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
I vote saturday afternoons or mornings if possible.That'd really be great.

Winnar

Smash Lord
sigh -____-

Stop having conflicting schedules, god damn you.

We're just going to have to invent a new day....FUNday.

Would saturday morning or afternoon still exclude arkansas?

Anyone know what time tasty gets off of work?
Yes PLEASE I want a FUNday lol

What he said.

And Tasty gets off around 3 in the morning.
Actually yeah the more I think about it the more I'm liking not spending more money lol

I'm fine with whenever as long as it's after friday at 8, though friday night might work slightly better for me. Only slightly, so if other dudes need/want saturday we should do saturday

Vts

Smash Champion
$5 door fee to cover the power each month since if its like $30 a month then u just need at least 6 people and u can take the extra money and put it towards the bigger tournament/pot or something.

also u should do teams

thats just my idea and i don't mind if we take some from the pot for the big tournament but its kind of like a slap on the wrists if you win first and only get like 40% of the pot instead of like 50%+

but w/e i'll never win it :(

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I second VTS' idea, but that might be something you have to discuss with the people who are more likely to win the money. Ask Iori, Jack, and whoever else if they care if the cash pot is only %50 of the amount put in, and the rest is saved for the big tournament. If they have no qualms about it, then it should be feasible.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
$5 door fee to cover the power each month since if its like $30 a month then u just need at least 6 people and u can take the extra money and put it towards the bigger tournament/pot or something.

also u should do teams

thats just my idea and i don't mind if we take some from the pot for the big tournament but its kind of like a slap on the wrists if you win first and only get like 40% of the pot instead of like 50%+

but w/e i'll never win it :(
You're using 'slap on the wrist' wrong.

BunBun

Smash Master
Taken from the pot, IMO. That way it doesn't make the majority of people spend extra money every two weeks, and only makes a few people make less every few weeks. They would show up anyway, and the same 4 people will be the winners very time. It makes no sense to have everyone that is already giving up 10 bucks to enter to also pay more.

My $0.02.

Top Bottom