• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
While you're at it jc... go ahead and throw a vote for rainbow cruise - neutral or no...

This isn't my tourney so I shouldn't be the one to decide.

Also, will you guys float by the calendar and click the link to sign up there, please? Right now it shows like 3 people are coming. I would hate for someone to see that and think that it's going to be really small and no one show up w/o even looking at the thread.

Thanks. (updating pre-reg list)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
PrinceZane said:
so Clay... when exactly should I try that cape in the 4th match? When he starts to come up, or wait until he's falling?
When he's falling, I'm positive.

I vote: No rainbow cruise on neutral, and no to raising the fee to $15.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
i vote yes for entry fee raised. i want team ben to show up! I also want some FL peepz too. You guys don't realize it, but there are some pretty good peepz lookin at this tourny, but are hesitant because the fees are too low. i guess we can all just not chip in $5 and not get to hang out with Team Ben, FL peepz, and etc, but it would be MUCH better with them there.

I will keep a tally for rainbow cruise!

yes:
Mookie
Manko
Theif
Rob Gambino

no:
JC
Zane?
chamberlin (for gay reasons)

Sonward

Smash Cadet
Yes or No Jason to being on a team with me...you can choose who you want me to play as...cuz I'll flip out with some yoshi...you better believe it...

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
I dont care about the entry fee being raised. I, and I am sure about the rest of the crew, will be there no matter what. So you can put me down for an ok. Its only 5 more bucks. I would love fore Team Ben to show as well as a bunch of people from FL. That would be too cool. Like the kish bros. said for FC6..."Even if you get put out, there will always be a bunch of people there ready for friendlies." So if more people come, it would be great fun.

And as for Rainbow Cruise, I dont care. Its been on random since I have been playing in tournaments and never bothered me. I usually get someone that mutual bans it. I will tell you now, if anyone doesnt know how to play on that stage, you might as well learn. Because if you plan on going to more tournaments, chances are that it is going to be on random. Might as well learn now. I know I didnt give a yes or no answer, but it could go either way for me and i wouldnt care.

Handorin

Smash Hero
$15 Fee- Might as well. I want to fight some more big leagers.
RC- Keep it on nuetral

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I will be going to this tournament, provided I can get a ride from someone in Nashville.

As far as voting, I don't mind the $15 entry fee and I'm okay with Rainbow Cruise on nuetral.

Nite

Smash Champion
Zane- I'm coming man. I can't miss this because the last one was too great.

JC- $15 for Nitemare. I agree with you guys, I don't mind paying 5 extra dollars to try to pull in better players. Manko and Florida, you guys better come!! If there is anyway that you guys can get some of your crazy falco players to come, that would be awesome.

Mookie- Rainbow Cruise off. Sorry. Looking forward to hanging out with you and the rest of the Tupeloopas.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I will team with yas if I don't team with JC, Sonny.

@mslano: OMFG dude! I am glad you posted cause I was thinking that you prolly quit smash :(. It will be cool to hang out again, and talk about Jesus.

@Nitemare: Why do you want RC off? You play a Falco too! I am confused.

Current RC tally
yes:
Mookie
Manko
Theif
Rob Gambino
Handorin
mslano

no:
JC
Zane?
Nitemare

Nite

Smash Champion
I don't like RC with Falco. In my opinion, RC is a disadvantage to falco and his sloppy recovery.

stat

Smash Rookie
I may show up...
thief... Who are you bringing? MOE?!
I haven't seen yall in forever...

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Here's the deal. I'm going to find out some important things this weekend. If they go right, I will pretty definitely be able to say I'm going. If they go wrong, i will probably still go anyways.

Theres probably going to be at least 3 people in the car with me. Can't say for sure yet; but I'm leaning towards it.

As for the idea of getting the Falco's out of the state: ROFL. I'm amazed theyre even thinking about going to SAVII. I don't think they've been to a tourney north of Orlando yet. Sorry guys.

You guys will just have to put up with us crappy CFLians. I'm sure Wes and Bobby will agree with SFL when I say that we suxorz. Just means that we add to the pot. Can't wait to chill with you guys (assuming we go).

As for the issues/polls at hand: i don't care about the pot size. I got to smash tourneys for the fun; Its all about playing the rest of the SE in this one.

And Rainbow Cruise on neutral? MLG is wrong. Neutral stages should be Yoshi's story, FD, Pkstm, and DL64. Typical character matches on these stages are relatively good. If they aren't good on any stage its only one, and that gets banned. What ends up happening with these 4 random stages after the banning, is there is a 50 50 chance between two relatively fair levels considering (any) matchup.

But since battlefield is on too... I think marth does need another couterpick in the neutrals. Yoshi's Story and Battlefield are obviously not enough. He needs rainbow cruise too.
Wtf turn it OFF.

coach

Smash Apprentice
So the wonderful stage jungle japes and all the DK stages are still legal?

Aidite

Smash Cadet
While I don't like RC. I think it should still be on Neutral. I mean you can always agree to ban it or just chose it as one of your banned stages.

extra 5 bucks for more people/big names. I don't think very many people will have a problem with that. I mean I want to see team ben. we have to get this tourny at around 50+ people.

Handorin

Smash Hero
50+ would rock. Well, not that INNsomnia doesnt rock, but 50+ with the big names... next best after heaven man, or is it heaven?

INNsomnia4Life

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Aidite said:
While I don't like RC. I think it should still be on Neutral. I mean you can always agree to ban it or just chose it as one of your banned stages.

extra 5 bucks for more people/big names. I don't think very many people will have a problem with that. I mean I want to see team ben. we have to get this tourny at around 50+ people.
If you'd like to see it around 50+ yur gonna be one sad panda.

Cause there's gonna be way more.

@skoot- OMFG son!

Keep RC neutral and raise the fee :bigthumbu

Aidite

Smash Cadet
Lance87 said:
If you'd like to see it around 50+ yur gonna be one sad panda.

Cause there's gonna be way more.

@skoot- OMFG son!

Keep RC neutral and raise the fee :bigthumbu

I swear its just a skin condition.....

No but seriously more money = more names = more fun and erm....i wasn't very good at math so lets add a plus or something in there....

Kurosaki Ichigo

Smash Apprentice
No Rainbow Cruise!

I also say no to rainbow cruise. I really think we should completely redo the stages. Here are the ones I think we should have.

Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Lylat System: Corneria
DK Island: Jungle Japes
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Special Stages: Final Destination
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

With all of these stages there aren't as many gimp things to kill you as other stages such as Green Greens, Mute City, Dream Land64, and MUSHROOM KINGDOM II(that stage is entirely too close to the side. for a LEGAL tourny stage). I feel that people would agree with this new list of stages to have. None of them are ridiculously close to the side of the stage as Onett, Mushroom Kingdom II, and Green Greens which are all currently allowed stages. With this many stages so close to the edge all people have to do is pick a character with a cockstrong backthrow and go to any one of those stages. With the list of stages presented you can at least see stage hazards before they hit you so if you get hit by a stage hazard on any of these stages you can only blame yourself or the person who footed/shined/ or knee-ed you into it.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
We would just need housing for Friday night.
The 3-4 people consist of me and derf for now. We're not sure who else will be coming at this point, although it will probably be a couple more.

Just need a place to crash on Friday... plus whoever houses us gets the most smash with FL. Thanks in advance.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
RC Tally:
yes:
Mookie
Manko
Theif
Rob Gambino
Lance
Aidite
Derf

no:
JC
Zane?
exarch
Kyo
McCloud
Ichigo

Even right now. I still think that banning a stage on the basis that you simply don't like it is bull****. Stop suckin you ***** babies. Man up, or mutual ban it. Keep in mind, there is only a 1 in 7 chance for you to land on this stage IF you can't get it mutually banned. Think about it, at the moment the current set of neutral stages are simply the 3 platform setup. BF has gimpy ledges, Dreamland caters to people with recovery, and Yoshi's Story caters to people with powerful kill moves. Why not have a stage that caters to people who can maneuver well?

Another big issue that is still unresolved. The players should know which stage they will be on BEFORE they choose their first characters. Judging as how the neutral stages aren't completely fair, it's only common sense to allow people to adjust their characters appropriately. I would drop my entire RC argument if we can settle on banning stages till there is one left and/or mutually agreeing on a first stage PRIOR to character selection.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
There's a group of about 4 people that I'm trying to get to go. They have to look at their schedules to find out though, but it looks like the chances aren't too bad. My friends have a tendancy to bail on me when it comes to going to Smash tournements, so no promises.

Lance87

Smash Lord
exarch said:
Just need a place to crash on Friday... plus whoever houses us gets the most smash with FL. Thanks in advance.
I know my crew would want to smash with oos peeps....what the eff, you gots a place to stay as long as my work schedule stays exactly the same. Plus, if you guys are coming all the way from Florida you can't suck and it'll be lots of fun :) We'll talk cell phone numbers and addresses later.

I already took off and those *****es better keep it that way, no vacation stealin like what happened to Zane. Those of us that live in this area that work are having trouble cause we have musicfest that same weekend and it's this huge deal in Memphis...

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly sure who all's coming with me, but I'm almost definately going to want to stay somewhere, at the very least lemme get some info on discounted rooms Zane, though at best if one of the local crews could house us (There isn't going to be more than 4 I don't think, I don't think there can be) and there could be a night of smashing as well, if it's starting at 12 there's no way I'm not driving up the night before.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@Zane- Just a thought, seems like a lot op people are coming the night before instead of the day of, how about one of those infamous INN smashfests that we Memphians have grown to love? I swear i'll bring like 2 setups this time....the first trip out there.

*edit*

Mankosuki:

you can probably come to my house for a smashfest along with whoever else from Florida (if there isn't one at the Pizza Inn that is, those are way more fun) and if need be i have a few friends who you could maybe stay with (haven't asked anyone yet but i can think of a few definites). If not i'll just have like 8 dudes in sleeping bags on my living room floor :psycho:

manko + exarch, pm me if you need to

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
MMmmmm things are starting to grow again, I like that kind of thing!

I've done quite a bit of thinking today b/c we were slow at work, and here's what I've decided...

1.) This is definite so I'm putting it first. I will be updating the first post with this as soon as I'm done posting it here, but there is an addition to the rules (Thanks Aidite for finding this for me. P.s. did you ever get that holiday request in?):
"Other Rules:
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.
Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
In other words just play fair and have fun!"

2.) Increase in pot size: Voting is over. It is approved. Some of you will be upset with me in this, but let me break it down mathematically here (Aidite, you said you weren't good in math so pay attention):

INNsomnia II - 47 people in singles * $10 entry = $470 pot. Meaning 1st - $329, 2nd - $94, 3rd - $47

INNsomnia II - 47 people in singles * $15 entry = $705 pot. Meaning 1st - $493.50, 2nd - $141, 3rd - $70.50

So a 33% increase in entry fee (15 instead of 10), all the pot prizes are increased by 67%. Which means that an extra 1 time fee of $5 returns $3.35 per other entry, which is **** nice (just ask any stock market person - or INNsomnia winner ;))

3.) RC... I'm still tossing back and forth on this, but leaning more towards turning it back on. In being the tourney director, I've listened to all the debating with an open mind. This is my conclusion. There is nothing on RC that makes it illegal. There are no real stage hazards, just not knowing what to expect and sometimes just bad luck which is no different than a BF misgrab of the ledge, or getting drill-shine ***** by a fox on Peach's castle. Most of the people who are voting against it are voting that way, it seems, for pure personal distaste. I won't be a hypocrit and say that I <3 RC, but at the same time, I agree with Mookie that the afore mentioned reason is not justified enough for a ban. Not because the reason sucks, but because it then adds an advantage against someone who DOES like RC. If we ban RC because of disliking it, then those who are against it just got a stage banned. Then when the match starts, they get a "second" stage to ban and a chance at getting a stage they like, while the person who DOES want RC gets only 1 stage to ban and can only get the stage they like as a counter option if they lose their match.

*takes a breath*

In other words: $15, RC in, New rules added. See the post. Huzzah!
-------------------------------
With all that said, thanks for all the new people that have been posting, and thanks for considering this tourney all you OOSers.

Again there are still too many maybe's going on, if anyone can say they are coming that isn't listed in pre-reg please let me know.

Also, don't forget to drop by the calendar (http://smashboards.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=331&day=2006-5-6&c=1) and click the "I will be attending this event" link (for those who use the calendar before checking out the thread).

- Fin.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Derf: Sorry, I misread that.

@McCloud: I should have thrown in smiley's, cause I wasn't all that serious when I said that :p. Also, the ***** baby comment was a reference to the Brit Merlin Story, which was another short film that PwnZone made.

@Exarch
Thanks for actually adding something more substantial to the debate on RC. However, you didn't really provide reasons for RC not being on. Also, can you honestly say that typical character matchups on RC aren't good? For starters, do you know how much knowing the level affects the matchup? If one doesn't like the level, one typically doesn't play on it, and those that do would know the stages better and have experience and know where to position themselves on the level with their respective character for optimum performance. Also, which characters get the short end of the stick there? Which characters excell there? Are there any characters that excell so much that warrants it to not be on random? I would like to hear your opinon on that.

@Zane: You know, that is exactly how the debate in the backroom ended, for the most part. 95% of the reasoning behind taking RC off was just people simply not liking it. Only a few tried to find ways to prove that it wasn't fair, but in the end they only proved that it was a neutral where a few characters performed just a little better than the rest (which is no different than Peach on Dreamland64 or Marth/Falcon/Ganon on Yoshi's Story).

@Everyone
I would like for everyone to seriously think about the RC issue for a bit. We were debating whether or not a stage should be banned. I provided my reasonings for keeping it around, while most everyone against it simply retorted with "I don't like it." While that is your opinion, why post just that? Is the only reason for you not liking the stage simply cause you don't like it? Have you ever tried playing on it a good bit? What if, after playing on it, you realize that it's actually a good stage, and the fact that TONS of other people don't like it and rarely plays on it gives you a good advantage? You don't know untill you try, and if you do try it out, and find something that actually warrants the stage to be banned, THEN post in a debate on banning it, cause otherwise you aren't helping your cause. If we all banned things cause we didn't like it Sheik wouldn't be a playable character and we would play on FD only.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Hail yeah Lance!!!! I didnt know you were planning on housing some FL players. Too freakin awesome. You know we will be over there for some smashing proly like all day the day before the tournament. So cool that everyone is taking interest in this tournament. We need to get the crew together somewhere soon to get some heavy training in before INN3.

And if there is a Smash Fest the friday before, we will proly be there. I love the late night Pizza Inn fests. Lots of smashing and mmmmm...that pizza. YAY for INNsomnia 3!!!!

Top Bottom