• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia III - May 6th - Memphis, TN (Live Results Online! See Post #1 for details)

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Alright, time for shoutouts!

Everyone in general- Good sh*t! I've gotta say, this has been the most awesome INN yet. Lets make INN4 even bigger!

Zane- As always, INN3 was masterfully organized. It sucks that that wedding took the Arkansas Room for so long, but pizza, drinks, and Smash more than make up for it! Think we can get the ballroom next time?

Handorin & PK- Doubles was a blast with you guys. Handorin, that Fox is already better than your Falco, so keep it up!

LivingLegend- Dude, you're one cool mofo. GreenGreens is top tier :chuckle: You and your crewmates need to head back up here for one of the biweekly things when you don't have such a tight schedule to keep

Tupeloopas- You guys are too awesome! Scribbles, you're a trip! "PrescottDandelion" :laugh: You and I are gonna have to play more often. Moogle, we're going to have a SSB64 match for Pizza Inn bling some day!

My crewmates- AHH! Next time I'm going to make a way to stay at Lance's, cause this going home at 6 in the moring stuph is unhealthy ><.

That about wraps things up for me. I think... Anyways, I'm out :ness:

-Chad-

Slackerator
I usually don't post here but here I go anyway...if anyone actually remembers me then this will be cool. If not..skip this post?

I'll try my hand at one of these "shout-out" things...

Zane- Thanks for organizing this awesome event and even giving me and my friends rides to AND from the tourny! You're one helluva guy and there's no way we would've even made it to the tourny hadn't it been for your generosity. I hope the INN events get more popular and bring even more people for all the fun to be had :chuckle:

Will- You're one cool guy, fun to talk to and to play against. Thanks for the eyedrops you let me have so I could actually see the **** TV every once in awhile heh.

Iori- Haha one of the funnest parts of the whole thing was watching you have so much fun playing and just going insane. And no, I'm sorry I won't join your crew so don't ask again for the...we're up to the 13th or 14th time? I will find a way to beat your Gannon with Pika..if it's the last thing I do!

Kyo- I wished we could've finished our match that we started before Iori dragged you away to record him getting murdered (I think?) by Darkrain.

Z- D*** your Sheik =P

All other Shiek players- Be nicer to Pikachu's =(

Cube- Haha it was fun playing team matches with you against Sonny and uh...that..other guy..that I can't remember the name to..right now..well whatever. And it was fun playing the friendly 1v1's we played. Keep playing Doc!

Orus- Thanks for teaming up with me during the Doubles tourny, otherwise I probably wouldn't have played. We may have lost, but D*** it was fun heh.

Thief- It was fun playing against your Fox, and you seemed like a pretty fun and cool guy. Hopefully we can play some friendlies or something during the next INNsomnia?

chamberlin said:
Pikachu guy(Possibly Bluchu?)- Way to play Pikachu dude. I used to play him, but never got past his flaws. You however rock with him, so kudos to you.
Maybe that was me..? Everyone kept calling me "Pikachu Guy"...it was pretty funny :laugh:

Aaand...oh my god that was a lot of shoutouts and I feel like I'm forgetting someone or something...I guess I just didn't catch a lot of people's names or somethin..ahh well..

See you all at INN4!

Thief

Smash Journeyman
I cannot possibly begin to name and shout out to everyone, but I will say this.

This time I got to chill and talk to a lot more people, not just play in the tournament, and to everyone I got to hang out with and play, it was awesome. The Smash Community amazes me that it has so few people that are mean or anything like that, The Smash Community is generally nicer than any other community I've been a part of, and that rocks.

Can't wait until the next Inn we're I'll get to see (hopefully) all you guys again.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Its late, but I guess I will give shout outs.

@Zane: ::BOWS:: Great tournament again. You are the man!!!! We should promote Prince Zane to KING status!!!! Pizza Inn pizza is top freakin tier!!!

@Darkrain: Congrats!!! Your falcon scares me!!! O___O

@Mookie & Will: Always fun to play and hang with you guys. Good stuff in the tourney Mookie. See you guys at the biweeklies.

@Exarch, Living Legend, Mike G, BluChu, and anyone else that came with them: It was cool to play all of you guys. Sucks running into Mike first round, but what are ya gonna do right. I was glad to finally get to play you. Congrats on the second place. Exarch, your peach is great. It was cool to just hang and talk with ya at the INN. Thanks for the compliments on my Link. Living Legend, you were one hell of a cool dude too. Great talking and playing with all of you and hope to see you at smash aid.

@All the FL guys that stayed at Lance's: This weekend was crazy. But it was great to meet you guys and hang out and play smash. Boomstick, it was good to finally get to play your Y.Link after hearing so much about him. All of you guys were really cool, and I hope to see you guys again.

@JC and Scrib..er...prescott dandelion: Freakin amazing in the doubles tourney. That was some amazing stuff!!!! Always cool to see you guys. JC, I will send you the vids as I get them up. Proly tomorrow sometime.

@Bloodline: Kyo, always good to play and talk with ya. Ichigo, great to play you again as well. And to hear that you like Dir en grey and other jrock bands i like just was freakin awesome. Smash while jamming to Mr. Newsman. Great stuff. Iori, Y.Link vs Link. Great stuff. I was laughing so hard when Lance had you laughing about the AR and spamming the A button jokes. Fun time guys.

@Everyone else I played: Great battles. See you at the next tourney.

@My crew: Always freakin awesome hangin. We should be getting together to play more often, and I think that is what will happen as a result of this tournament. And since you say you never get a shout out...CO_Brad is my hero. HAHAHA even though I am his older brother...HAHAHA

And what about that interstate situation. Crazy stuff. Everyone out in the middle of a backed up road playing smash. Great stuff. I plan to have the footage I took of that up soon for everyone that doesnt believe us to see. HAHAHA GOOD TIMES Great job everyone!!!!

INN4 FTW!!!!

N64

Smash Champion
Geez Z, good show. Now I don't feel so bad about you owning me all the time. Nice job knocking mike g. out of winners. And phat & dyc knocking out dmac & dark in teams? Tourney of upsets imo.

Grats to dark on taking first place as well. Too good.

</hijackthread>

DYC

Smash Champion
Phat and I beating David and dmac isn't really an upset, we play each other too much for anything to be an upset.

Shoutouts tomorrow.

only1Z

Smash Champion
no real upset in any way......*the match was REAL ****in close though.

*irrelevant response to get topic under "watch status"*!

*Chad did you even play pika against me? I can't remember......if so I have had a lot of pika training : ( sorry. Don't be mad at sheiks, im just a mean dood Grrr. :mad:

AManatee

Smash Rookie
man. regrets.

it was getting late when i gave out. the last fight i had was with Theif who i didnt expect to win against, but just wanted a few good hits. i think he got the message ;) awesome and friendly person, btw. thanks, man.

i could have just kept playing in the loser's bracket. i went to sleep in the car, though. i had to work all day today.. and i was up all night before. (my bad) for one thing i wanted to play other people.. listen to this...

in my pool were 2 of the 3 people i brought with me to the tournament! i had played them all night long the night before!! :laugh: and no.. we didnt put our names in together into the singles.. besides, i really dont think the pools were set up that way.

i spent INNsomnia 3 only slightlly getting to know some of you, which is a shame. but i had some great moments here. some great team friendly matches and so on. zane, awesome.

i had never seen cash battle before. high-larious.

anyways. thank to you all for being so cool.

at least now i can tell that my doc isnt half bad.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Shout outs- so **** many.....

Let's start with Thief- Had a blast playing you in goldeneye on my demo unit. You rock and have perma housing for future INN's!

Mookie- It was fun as usual! Don't think i got to play you much but there's always the bi-Wiiklies.

Manhandlers- You guys were awesome. Couldn't have asked for better mystery housees! Had fun in the crew battles, especially with Boomsticks special sound effects!

BOOP!

Derf, exarch, livingL- it sucks you guys drove all day and didn't get t show up at my place till 4:30. I know Derf still got some smash in that night, he was real determined :). You guys are awesome at smash! See you at FC6!

Mike G.- thanks for the dittos! Had fun on our adventure up the interstate too. Good **** in the tourneys, hope to face you and bluchu again! Oh btw, your my hero for pushing that semi to safety!

My crew- you guys rock! The bi-Wiiklies are gonna be so **** fun. I'm thinking about taking all next week off of work so we're gonna get to play a lot!

Little Rock peeps- cool running into you guys again! I swear i wasn't trying to hustle you ;) Hope to see you guy at INNIV.

Mario'sCapeabilities- Awesome Mario! It's fun as hell watching you play.

@Jiano- I had fun playing you. Your Marth was different than any i've played. Keep it up dude! We did kinda procrastinate when we were supposed to be doing the tournament. I'm kinda glad we had an infinite pizza dinner break and a public viewing of both the cash battle movies though. It did take **** long....i heard that a guy named Prescott Dandelion sabotaged it to last that long to eliminate the competition with sleep deprivation.

@DYC- you're the only one i got to fight of you guys in singles. Hope to cross paths again.

@anyone i'm not mentioning- That was the coolest ****ing tournament i've been to yet. Wouldn't have been the same without you guys. That interstate "pitstop" was cool as hell! It started out all depressing because we thought we were gonna miss the tourney but it turned out to be fun as hell!

INNIV is gonna be great! Everyone came to the bi-weeklies until then.

Only so peeps from the smash community set up shop on an interstate
Mike G. showered in my bathroom!
Florida peeps always have a place to stay for INNs
Good pizza + smash = **** fine tourney

INNIV is going to be hawt!
Mookie- thanks to you, nobody will pass that street again!

That Arkansas room zane rented was awesome! Dinner bell and all.
Iori, you have more fun playing smash than anyone i know!
RL Scribbles- can't wait to get those vids!
Eating choc. chip pizza is not good for smash, i don't care what you guys say.
Did you notice that u you just read through a meaningless acronym?

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
Lance87 said:
Only so pe...
Mike G. sho...
Florida pee...
Good pizza...

INNIV is go...
Mookie- tha...

That Arkans...
Iori, you have...
RL Scribbles- c...
Eating choc. chi...
Did you notice tha...
that is, though.

DYC

Smash Champion
I think you remember the only ownage occuring during our pools matches ;)

I'll edit my original post back into my first post so it makes more sense hehe.

RAM

Smash Lord
Hey Lance, thanks once again for the warm hospitality and stuff and was awesome meeting the Runaway 7 crew. and too bad I suck so much in Smash I might have been able to get a lil higher in the rankings if I was any good. anyway congrats to everyone who placed high and awesome hosting job to Prince Zane and company. I'll look forward to the next one and hopefully I won't suck so much by then. but since everyone is giving shoutouts I guess I'll do the same as well.

Nitemare A.K.A Kid who FN owns - very Impressive skills and very humble, they need more smashers like you.

SmashterLink - most Impressive Link I have seen in person to date EVER! and a very cool person to talk to. I had a lot of fun playing you and hope our crews may cross paths again.

Mookierah - He is a good dude what else can I say! beside his cashbattle movie should get an oscar just for being awesome and if it dose'nt receive an Oscar I have connections. it will happen. also that Mewtwo tag you had for Innsomnia that you gave me I'm so gonnna sell that on Ebay and once they find out it originally belonged to the almighty Jason Smith I'll have enough money to fix my car or get a brand new one :p

Lance- sorry we did'nt get to play much but still thanks for everything and keep playing your awesome peach.

Mario's Capabilities- Did'nt play you at all (kinda sucks) but you are cool as they come and gave us the warmest welcome to a state than can be given. while riding on the back of a speeding automobile stopping and saying with a warm greeting welcome to Memphis and lead us to where we would crash. FN awesome :laugh:

SmashterMarth A.K.A Da Fizzle for shizzle my Nizzle -( OMFG LMAO forgive for that lame joke) but your marth is Invincilble and you are just as cool as anyone else I met in Mephis, your Marth Skills make me Cry because I suck so much buuutt atleast one of us like my Luigi Playstlyle LOL! he'll get better one day or until I give up and start practicing the Revolution Model.

Mike G and Bluchu- awesome guys and really nice to talk to. Bluchu keep it real with the low tier as long as you can because you are one of the few can that can pull off win after win with any low tier chars, and Mike G awesome peach btw PLEASE DON'T HIT ME WITH THAT DEATH TURNIP IN THE PIC ON THAT PAGE JMAC TOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! those things FN Hurt!

everyone who attended who I did'nt meet but seem really cool, I hope everyone had fun and are ready to practice for the next tourny keep on working hard!

And finally Prince Zane and co who can take over a pizza place whenever he **** well please and say let's have a smash fest while eating pizza and do whatever the hell we want just because my name is Prince Zane and what I say goes. 5 outta 5 stars for hosting such an awesome tourny I hope I can attend the next one. also stay just the way you are AWESOME!

anyway it's been a blast and hopefully yall would be able to visit the sunshine state for some purpose and be able to smash with our crews again. but until then later. and sorry for such a long post those guys deserved a shout out and the upmost respect

Lance87

Smash Lord
@RAM- no problem man. you guys were great guests. Hope i get to play you more next time we run into each other. You're way too hard on yourself man, keep playing that awesome luigi!

Manhandlers = as entertaining as future link in this post (that's right *****es, i see the future.... :( i just saw Mike Peach eating my unborn child)

Seriously, everyone who stayed with me, thanks for not making me regret housing that many people. It just made the weekend that much cooler having smashers at every single location i was for 48 hours!

Also.......

http://freewebs.com/srjproductions/home/index.html

This site probably isnt getting the recognition it deserves! Everyone go here. Now please :)

these bees comical gene-e-ices

i saw lee travino's fighting golf getting bet in a poker game. I would never throw my copy in.

Go buy Lee Travino's Fighting Golf for NES. Now please :)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
@Yang, Fufu, Wayland: Hanging with you guys was great, sorry you had to leave before the singles brackets though. I'm sure I'll see you sometime over the summer when I'm back in town, and definitely at INN IV. Just don't train with Nite too much, Yang; I still want to get some wins in.

@Lance: Enjoyed our MM, man, hope to play you again sometime. Did you get your $5 from Yang?

@Iori: Good **** with Ganondorf man, though I thought I had you for a while in our pool match. Kyo got my #, so call me anytime after this coming weekend so I can get some smashing in with you and the rest of the Bloodline.

@Thief: Sorry we didn't get to talk about **** as much as the last INN, man. But how the hell didn't you recognize me for so long? My hair's grown a few inches, but it's pretty unmistakable, and I think I was even wearing the same pants from the last tourney. I'll see you at INN IV, though, and good **** taking out Mookie.

@Mankosuki: I didn't get to play you at all man. Need to remedy that next time, maybe a Samus ditto or two (or some Purin practice, I still don't know what to do against that ****ing puffball). Has your gf decided on whether she's going to UArk yet? Because any time you're up in Fayette-nam, Isaac and I are always free.

@Zane: As always, great tourney. Good food, good place (little crowded, though), great people, excellent smashing. Only thing I can say against it is just a repeat of what AManatee said; I ended up in a pool with 2 of the 3 people I drove down there with. I know that's random and unavoidable, I'd just kind of like there to be a way around it. I don't have any ideas, but if anyone does, that would be great, because I like to play as many new people as I can.

Last thing: Please, someone tell me that the Mike G/Darkrain finals got taped (I had to leave at 2:30). If so, is someone going to upload that, or put it on the hub?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
There was quite a bit taped at the tourney. My special thanks to those who were able to get the footage and editing done. I will personally be obtaining every vid of INNsomnia possible and ***** it on the HUB as much as I can :p

Probably tomorrow at work, I'll be posting a thread for the bi-weeklies. I don't know if they will be here or the Atl thread... I'll probably post them here and if a mod moves it then so be it :)

Again, a many thanks to everyone who showed up. INNsomnia is nothing without all of you. Seeing the smiles and high-fives, Hearing all the laughter, Seeing all the awesome smashing, and Feeling the electricity and excitement in the air makes my heart smile. I love you guys for making INNsomnia the "LivingLegend" that is is becoming.

I would personally enjoy seeing each and every one of you at INN IV.

INN IV is a must. INN IV will be hot. I'll have more details about INN IV maybe tomorrow after I have time to review the calendar and such. I'll post them here or the biweekly thread - or both.

OH YEAH! Jesi! Mad kudos on the stichface! Pure greatness. Period!

<edit>
Oh, Aidite, good **** in teams. We need to work on that more. "OMG WE GOT 2 WINS!"

RAM

Smash Lord
thanks for the link Lance Cash Battle is indeed awesome. I'll probably watch it later and then go for a practice session with the crew, we have a small tourny that we could possibly win in two weeks.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
@Jack: Actually, she's decided on Tampa so we probably won't be able to play each other again in a long time.

Also, I recorded the finals between Darkrain & Mike G but atm, I can't find the tape for it. I had several with me and none of them seem to be from that part of the tourney. I think Nightmare was watching tapes last night so hopefully it wasn't left there. :ohwell:

I think they mentioned ripping our friendly crew battles though so they should have the equipment to do it. Either way, one of us will get it online whenever the tape is found. I'll look for it some more tomorrow and give shout outs later. I gotta sleep! 0_o

Nite

Smash Champion
The only vid that I watched that morning was the one that had my pool matches on it.

-Chad-

Slackerator
only1Z said:
*Chad did you even play pika against me? I can't remember......if so I have had a lot of pika training : ( sorry. Don't be mad at sheiks, im just a mean dood Grrr. :mad:
I think so, but I dunno..I think one match I played Pika, and that didn't go well, so I tried someone else the next match..I think it was Marth? I dunno. Either way..Shieks murder Pika's

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@Mankosuki: If the tape by chance got left here, then I will try and get them uploaded. But for some reason, I am having trouble getting sound to appear on my vids. I will have to work it out though.

@Zane: I think you should proly put a thread for bi-weeklies in the atlantic south section. Thats where Wes put his thread for Smash Aid biweeklies. Proly the best spot for it.

Thief

Smash Journeyman
Jack, I have no idea at all, I really don't. However, in my defense, I did recognize you immediately after I asked about you, but yeah, I'm completely ********. Next time i'll not be ********, haha

Lance, thanks man, Goldeneye is so different now, I got turned around so much lol. You got a pretty awesome room, I've never seen so much memoribilia, and my room's got a good bit of it :)

Oh man, that reminds me of the guy's DS with allthe stuff on it, I think it was Smashster Marth's? I dunno how you play like that, I couldn't, ha hah.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@zane- yea, putting it in the atl. south would probably be best. Then you can just redirect people to it from the first post of the INN4 thread. :)

omg please have it early august before school lets back in! That would let a lot of people that wouldn't be able to travel during the school year come. Your tournament though, i don't want to be pushy :)

@mookie- Will A. left that jacket he loves so much at my place. You guys can pick it up at the bw's :bigthumbu

@ram- you should watch 7 short films. stupid funniness. As soon as i get a chance i'm going to watch the one with Prescott Dandelion and the other one about a football payer.

*edit*
@thief- thanks for the compliment about the room. I take pride in it cause it took forever to get it that way :) I bet your room is equally awesome ;)

that was Smashter Link's DS that had 50 keychains/phonestraps/awesome things hanging off of it. i have trouble with more than 2 on mine...

INN4 the win!

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
@Thief: Yeah. That was my DS with all the stuff hanging off of it. It doesnt really bother me at all. In fact, I am kinda used to it. Now, if I play someone's DS that doesnt have anything on it, it feels weird. HAHAHA And I forgot to give you a shoutout. Sorry>< I had you in my pool. I think we had some freakin great matches. I beat your IC's. And I thought I had your fox twice. They were D@mn close matches. It was great to finally play you.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
manko, let me know when/if you get the doubles vids of my team v. darkrain, and the finals if you got them, too.
i really wish smashterlink had recorded the darkrain match, i wanted to hear, "good trick! good trick!" again haha.

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
Yeah. I really wish I would have taped your doubles matches with Darkrain too. But I was in the middle of taping the winners finals when your matches were going on. I only got to see the end of the last doubles match you had with dark rain. It was sick $h!t.

RAM

Smash Lord
I just noticed that I'm in every picture that showed us playing smash on the interstate and on the last pic with the Famous Mike G I still can't get over how awesome that tourny was. will anyone post the finals between Mike and Darkrain, I want to see that again.

Top Bottom