• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

So what would the stage be? I'm thinking Inkopolis but the multiplayer maps could all work in Smash.
Just brought this up on Saturday :upsidedown:
Stages
Inkopolis plaza- has potential as a very basic stage with not too many bells or whistles. Or they could have the squid sisters at intervals perform on stage adding some platforms that doubles as stage lights or something (my personal choice)

Octopus valley
either the home base or one of the levels. Plenty to pull from here. A boss stage could also work but the less stage bosses the better imo.

*Urchin inderpass- the first stage ever played by the public.

*Saltspray rig/waleye warehouse- the stages for the testfire. Saltspray just seems more interesting to me with all of the crane stuff.

* i cant think of any offensive hazards here other than inkling attacks. Maybe an inkstrike or seeker or something?

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
So yeah, Splatoon is the greatest thing Nintendo has done in years. This game is crack and I need more. The Inklings have also more that proven themselves as Smash capable and should be in yesterday.

So a list of things I want to see in Smash involving Splatoon:
The Characters: Inklings (Duh).

Colors and Alts: All sets of colors in Splatoon for both genders, (as doubtful as it is). Octoling, and Callie. (Let me dream).

Stages: Octovalley. Yeah, I know things like Inkopolis are more popular choices, but honestly Octovalley's scenery is really beautiful. Especially with the mist in the air. Really breathtaking. The floating platforms also lend itself better to being an actually stage. They can even throw in uses for the zipline and fan.

Music: Now the thing about the music is that it is all pretty short. Each song lasts about a minute. The thing about each song in smash bros is that they last at least 2. So in theory, there are going to need to be a lot of medleys or combined songs. But a list of the 4 songs I want are: 1. Splattack 2. Gusher Gauntlet 3. Final boss (First phases) 4. Final Boss (Final Checkpoint) Honestly you could probably just combine the last 2. So about 3 songs then, hopefully remixed.

Assist Trophy: Judd. Could give the character that is currently winning a boost.

Trophies: Callie&Marie, Judd, The shop keepers, Cap'n Cuttlefish, Final Boss (if smash 5), Octoling

Smashrun, (or whatever future Smash bros adventurey type thing): Octotropper, Octoling (if not alt),
I want Callie & Marie to be assist trophies as well. They hijack the stage theme with "vocals" that makes everyone dance (complete with new character specific dancing animations). The Judd idea is neat too though.

Inkopolis' visual design is too strong not to be the main stage though. I just hope it won't be a Kalos League/Lumiose City traveling type. If anything, have one stage be based on Inkopolis and one based on Octovalley.

Music wise I want a ton of stuff, with two songs not having a name currently. You covered the most important songs though, although I definitely need the Credits theme even if has to be lightly "Smashified". Then again, Main Street at 7PM shows that Sakurai isn't against using purely chill music for a stage theme.

On another note, I've played enough to finally come up with a perfected move set:

Inklings

Jab -
F-Tilt - The Inkling swipes their paintbrush horizontally leaving a streaky trail of ink
U-Tilt - The Inkling swings their paintbrush in a wide overhead arc from in front of themselves to behind themselves.
D-Tilt - The Inkling mops the floor in front of themselves quickly.
F-Smash - The Inkling raises their roller to charge then flashes the roller down on the ground in front of themselves in a smashing motion.
U-Smash - The Inkling rolls the paint roller forward before raising it over their head in a strong upward arc. (Think the raising of the roller before using its melee attack.)
D-Smash - Inklings spin in place painting the ground at their feet in a full circle with the roller.
N-Air - The Inkling fires a stream of ink at a down forward angle as they descend out of the air with the Aerospray RG
F-Air - The Inkling fires a .52 Gal blast that stops their momentum somewhat in the air when fired. Has a wide splatter area.
B-Air - The Inkling quick spins three times blasting ink fire on each spin from a Splattershot Jr.
U-Air - The Inkling fires a blaster shot that carries people upward slightly before exploding on them. High knockback on the explosion.
D-Air - The Inkling fires a .96 Gal shot downward that spikes. It's strong but has a fair bit of windup.
Grab - The Inklings try to grab with both arms in a clinch like animation.
Pummel - Inklings pistol whip the person they have grabbed with a Splattershot Jr.

Neutral Special: Splattershot Jr: The Inkling will release a steady stream of fire while the button is held. While the button is held, players can strafe left or right as well as angle the stream of their shots with the control stick. While strafing, the character loses midair jumps and can only jump once off the ground while firing. The distance is low but the rate of fire is high.
Neutral Special 2: Splattershot: Same as above but the rate of fire is decreased for greater range.
Neutral Special 3: Splatterscope: The Inkling will not be able to move with this custom, however they are now able to KO from any range with this attack. It also shoots ink the longest distance forward. You can manually aim in one direction slowly by holding up and down on the control stick or you can "quick aim" by flicking the stick in the direction after they've gotten into stance.
Forward Special: Sub Weapon (Grenades): Throws a grenade forward that detonates after a short amount of time. You can angle the toss by holding B and aiming with the control stick.
Forward Special 2: Sub Weapon (Suction Bombs): The inkling will throw a bomb that latches onto nearby ground, walls or ceilings. After a short time, it detonates with a bigger explosion than the grenades.
Forward Special 3: Sub Weapon (Seekers): Deploys a seeker that travels forward on the ground laying ink. If it comes into contact with an opponent, it detonates on them.
Down Special: Squid Mode: The Inkling assumes squid form and has a reduced figure
Down Special 2: Ninja Squid: While standing on ink trails using this allows you to "teleport" to the furthest end of the ink patch laid down under your feet with a flick left or right. If the puddle is small, you can use this to simply avoid an oncoming attack.
Down Special 3: Fast Squid: Traveling through the ink trails is much faster than before.
Up Special: Super Jump: Inkling will charge then rocket upward before descending in humanoid form.
Up Special 2: Ninja Jump: Same as above, but the Inkling will attempt to land in the nearest ink patch on the ground. If it lands in ink, it will submerge itself for a moment (unable to be hit) before re-emerging.
Up Special 3: Fast Jump: The charge time is decreased by half but the travel distance is reduced slightly.

Final Smash: Inkstrike: The Inkling reclines in mid air in the background and pulls out a touch panel to guide the rocket. Using the control stick, you choose where the rocket is deployed to on the stage via a reticle that hovers over the stage.

Victory Theme: First few seconds of the "won a match" jingle or Zapfish Acquired.

Legitimately the only thing I don't know what to do for are their jabs. :lol

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
So yeah, Splatoon is the greatest thing Nintendo has done in years. This game is crack and I need more. The Inklings have also more that proven themselves as Smash capable and should be in yesterday.

I want Callie & Marie to be assist trophies as well. They hijack the stage theme with "vocals" that makes everyone dance (complete with new character specific dancing animations). The Judd idea is neat too though.

Inkopolis' visual design is too strong not to be the main stage though. I just hope it won't be a Kalos League/Lumiose City traveling type. If anything, have one stage be based on Inkopolis and one based on Octovalley.

Music wise I want a ton of stuff, with two songs not having a name currently. You covered the most important songs though, although I definitely need the Credits theme even if has to be lightly "Smashified". Then again, Main Street at 7PM shows that Sakurai isn't against using purely chill music for a stage theme.

On another note, I've played enough to finally come up with a perfected move set:

Inklings

Jab -
F-Tilt - The Inkling swipes their paintbrush horizontally leaving a streaky trail of ink
U-Tilt - The Inkling swings their paintbrush in a wide overhead arc from in front of themselves to behind themselves.
D-Tilt - The Inkling mops the floor in front of themselves quickly.
F-Smash - The Inkling raises their roller to charge then flashes the roller down on the ground in front of themselves in a smashing motion.
U-Smash - The Inkling rolls the paint roller forward before raising it over their head in a strong upward arc. (Think the raising of the roller before using its melee attack.)
D-Smash - Inklings spin in place painting the ground at their feet in a full circle with the roller.
N-Air - The Inkling fires a stream of ink at a down forward angle as they descend out of the air with the Aerospray RG
F-Air - The Inkling fires a .52 Gal blast that stops their momentum somewhat in the air when fired. Has a wide splatter area.
B-Air - The Inkling quick spins three times blasting ink fire on each spin from a Splattershot Jr.
U-Air - The Inkling fires a blaster shot that carries people upward slightly before exploding on them. High knockback on the explosion.
D-Air - The Inkling fires a .96 Gal shot downward that spikes. It's strong but has a fair bit of windup.
Grab - The Inklings try to grab with both arms in a clinch like animation.
Pummel - Inklings pistol whip the person they have grabbed with a Splattershot Jr.

Neutral Special: Splattershot Jr: The Inkling will release a steady stream of fire while the button is held. While the button is held, players can strafe left or right as well as angle the stream of their shots with the control stick. While strafing, the character loses midair jumps and can only jump once off the ground while firing. The distance is low but the rate of fire is high.
Neutral Special 2: Splattershot: Same as above but the rate of fire is decreased for greater range.
Neutral Special 3: Splatterscope: The Inkling will not be able to move with this custom, however they are now able to KO from any range with this attack. It also shoots ink the longest distance forward. You can manually aim in one direction slowly by holding up and down on the control stick or you can "quick aim" by flicking the stick in the direction after they've gotten into stance.
Forward Special: Sub Weapon (Grenades): Throws a grenade forward that detonates after a short amount of time. You can angle the toss by holding B and aiming with the control stick.
Forward Special 2: Sub Weapon (Suction Bombs): The inkling will throw a bomb that latches onto nearby ground, walls or ceilings. After a short time, it detonates with a bigger explosion than the grenades.
Forward Special 3: Sub Weapon (Seekers): Deploys a seeker that travels forward on the ground laying ink. If it comes into contact with an opponent, it detonates on them.
Down Special: Squid Mode: The Inkling assumes squid form and has a reduced figure
Down Special 2: Ninja Squid: While standing on ink trails using this allows you to "teleport" to the furthest end of the ink patch laid down under your feet with a flick left or right. If the puddle is small, you can use this to simply avoid an oncoming attack.
Down Special 3: Fast Squid: Traveling through the ink trails is much faster than before.
Up Special: Super Jump: Inkling will charge then rocket upward before descending in humanoid form.
Up Special 2: Ninja Jump: Same as above, but the Inkling will attempt to land in the nearest ink patch on the ground. If it lands in ink, it will submerge itself for a moment (unable to be hit) before re-emerging.
Up Special 3: Fast Jump: The charge time is decreased by half but the travel distance is reduced slightly.

Final Smash: Inkstrike: The Inkling reclines in mid air in the background and pulls out a touch panel to guide the rocket. Using the control stick, you choose where the rocket is deployed to on the stage via a reticle that hovers over the stage.

Victory Theme: First few seconds of the "won a match" jingle or Zapfish Acquired.

Legitimately the only thing I don't know what to do for are their jabs. :lol
I made the splattershot jr. the f-air, and the .52 gal the bair, I made the splattershot the jab move, and the tilts. But this is a good moveset, and I created one on this thread in the past few pages if you want to see it

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive now completed all the amiibo challenges, doing the final boss with the charger wasnt as hard as i though it would be

Burruni

Smash Hero
In-depth Inkling Moveset

Note: Color Palettes/Alternate Costume

Boy Girl Boy Girl Callie Marie Octoling .... and one more Boy option which is the 8th ink color I can't recall.Squid Sisters Squid forms keep their hats on, Octoling has it's... octo form.

Statistics
Height: Equal to:4ness:/:4lucas:
Weight: 80 (:4metaknight:)
Ground Speed: 1.15 (Equal to :4robinm::4robinf:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4robinm::4robinf::4littlemac:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: Punch followed by a swing of the Splattershot.
Dash Attack: Turns into squid in Mid-air, spinning to deal damage and then returning to normal. Bad Endlag, little ground covered.

Get-Up Attack: Breakdance spin before standing (Stay Fresh~)
Ledge Attack: Inkling gives a quick shot to the ground before climbing up.
U-Tilt: Tentacles jut upwards like spikes (:4charizard:'s wings)
F-Tilt: Sweep of the Paintbrush (:4shulk:'s Monado)
D-Tilt: Spins along the ground as a squid forward and back (:4palutena:'s staff)

U-Smash: Overhead swing of a roller (:4myfriends:'s)
F-Smash: Charges up a burst of Splattershot rapid fire (:4miigun:)
D-Smash: Slams down a roller ahead and then behind (:4ganondorf:'s kick)

U-Air: Swings a Charger overhead
N-Air: Spins around in squid form, tentacles outstretched (:4kirby:)
F-Air: A quick Splattershot bullet (:4villager:)
B-Air: Fires a Blaster behind them, having a close ranged blast which launches Inkling forward (:4rob:)
D-Air: Slams the Paint Brush down, spikes (most similar to :4olimar::4alph:'s)

Grab & Pummel: "Headbutts" and extends out tentacles to grab (:4yoshi:)
U-Throw: Tosses enemy up before impaling them with thrusted tentacles.
F-Throw: Flings opponents away.
B-Throw: Spin & Fling
D-Throw: Spikes the opponents to the ground

Specials
Up B: Super Jump - Inklings charge up in Squid form before launching into the air (:4fox::4falco: charge but with increased distance and :4diddy:'s maneuvering).
Up Custom 1: Quick Super Jump: Half the charge time, 75% of the distance launch.
Up Custom 2: Stealth Jump: 1.5x the charge time, but Inkling becomes invisible for the duration of the move.

Neutral B: Splattershot - A weak rapid-fire projectile with range about 75% of battlefield.
Neutral Custom 2: Aerospray - More damage, somewhat reduced damage and range (60%).
Neutral Custom 3: Blaster - Shots explode on contact for heavier damage, short range (40%)
(Effectively trying to get a Fox-Falco-Wolf situation)

Side B: Splat Charger - Taking a full second to charge, fires out a long ranged (full length of battlefield) shot with a low arc that drips ink below it which acts as terrain applied to the platform underneath the shot as it flies. Ink disappears when any player walks over it or after 5 seconds. Inklings get an agility boost if in squid form while running over it. Enemies receive a ~20% speed and first jump height reduction while standing/running over/through it.
Side Custom 1: Squiffer - Charge is faster (0.5 sec) and has more range, but ink lasts for half as long.
Side Custom 2: Splatter Scope - Charge is slower (1.5 sec) but damage of the shot is increased. Ink unaffected

Down B: Splat Bomb - Inkling tosses forward a small explosive with a 3 second fuse. Can be picked up but will detonate when held. Initial toss is half the length of battlefield.
Down Custom 1: Burst Bomb - Lesser damage but explodes on contact.
Down Custom 2: Seeker - The explosive lands at half the distance and chases along the ground like a Mechakoopa. Small damage, 5 second fuse.

Final Smash: RELEASE THE KRAKEN: Inkling achieves an ultimate stage of temporary evolution. They have enhanced speed and jumping ability at the cost of only having one jump at a time. A/B causes the Kraken to do a lunge forward, spinning to deal large damage while X/Y (or tap jump) causes the enhanced jump while drilling into the air, likewise dealing heavy amounts of damage. The Kraken releases a trail of standard ink behind it.

Animations
Entrance: As it is in the games

Walk: Simple Jog
Run: Dashing forward, gun held down
Crouch & Crawl: Squid Form, defaultly is slower than Inkling running speed and with a weaker jump but is faster in Ink and jumps higher from it..

Taunt 1: "Stay Fresh~" pose to the screen
Taunt 2: Tosses Splattershot into the air and catches it (:4zss:)
Taunt 3: Checks Splattershot, gets ink plastered over their face, and shakes it off (as Cap'n' Cuttlefish does if you spray him)

Victory 1: Pistol-type victory animation.
Victory 2: Charger-type victory animation.
Victory 3: Roller-type victory animation.

Victory Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gGClKqPMA Fits best.

Defeat: Squid form Inkling claps its tentacles together

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So you can actually throw grenades in the Basketball hoop, in the test zone.
And your Inkling is happy if you do it!

InB4 Splatoon sports Mix.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the song that Callie and Marie were first introduced was the same song right? That version was more up beat and could be used (might possibly hear it during Splatfest as well.)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the song that Callie and Marie were first introduced was the same song right? That version was more up beat and could be used (might possibly hear it during Splatfest as well.)
It's probably going to be heard during Splatfest. With the Squid Amiibo, in the Rhythm Minigame, there's 2 or 3 song locked yet.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still think these would be a perfect newcomer, and like Pac-Man is something I need.
((Seriously I don't want another generic RPG/Sword character honestly, What makes Smash unique aside from it's different and easy to learn gameplay: It's the oddball cast of characters. You aren't going to see a red plumber with fire power or a pink puffball in any other fighting game.))

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I still think these would be a perfect newcomer, and like Pac-Man is something I need.
((Seriously I don't want another generic RPG/Sword character honestly, What makes Smash unique aside from it's different and easy to learn gameplay: It's the oddball cast of characters. You aren't going to see a red plumber with fire power or a pink puffball in any other fighting game.))
What's wrong with RPG and Sword users. As long as they play differently, they are fine. Besides FE cuz we got 4 and now we might get 5. That is the same number as the Zelda reps. Plus 2 of them would be Marth clones.

Back to the topic of Inkling/Splatoon, anyone get the Zapper gun. It'd be funny if Inkling gets in Smash with that as a move (not special just normal move).

Mario123311

Smash Ace
What's wrong with RPG and Sword users. As long as they play differently, they are fine. Besides FE cuz we got 4 and now we might get 5. That is the same number as the Zelda reps. Plus 2 of them would be Marth clones.

Back to the topic of Inkling/Splatoon, anyone get the Zapper gun. It'd be funny if Inkling gets in Smash with that as a move (not special just normal move).
I have nothing against them in general but I think we have enough in the roster and I would like something other than that. Just my opinion though.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Well... Other than the Zelda ones they really don't stand out to me, as they really look just "generic" in a way that honestly doesn't get me excited. Well, at least not the "sword slinging RPG" characters because then I would be complaining about the Pokemon and such... The only "real RPG" character I want would be Rocket Slime though then again.... But Inkling is someone I just want more this year.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well... Other than the Zelda ones they really don't stand out to me, as they really look just "generic" in a way that honestly doesn't get me excited. Well, at least not the "sword slinging RPG" characters because then I would be complaining about the Pokemon and such... The only "real RPG" character I want would be Rocket Slime though then again.... But Inkling is someone I just want more this year.
*cough cough Zelda isn't an RPG its a action adventure game with puzzles cough* I also want Inkling since the game is so good. I'm still not burned out on Splatoon, I usually become lazy and don't finish games. Btw an RPG character suggestion you may like Isaac (uses Earth magic not just a sword), gotta promote my boi lol.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
...Also I feel like this needs to be asked:

How much is one willing to bet the "Squid Kid" theme will play during their reveal? =p

Burruni

Smash Hero
...Also I feel like this needs to be asked:

How much is one willing to bet the "Squid Kid" theme will play during their reveal? =p
Very very little. The commercials in japan are very different and it'd make more sense for a theme that's known more world wide to fit. IMO.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
How
In-depth Inkling Moveset

Note: Color Palettes/Alternate Costume

Boy Girl Boy Girl Callie Marie Octoling .... and one more Boy option which is the 8th ink color I can't recall.Squid Sisters Squid forms keep their hats on, Octoling has it's... octo form.

Statistics
Height: Equal to:4ness:/:4lucas:
Weight: 80 (:4metaknight:)
Ground Speed: 1.15 (Equal to :4robinm::4robinf:)
Air Speed: 1.0 (:rosalina::4robinm::4robinf::4littlemac:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: Punch followed by a swing of the Splattershot.
Dash Attack: Turns into squid in Mid-air, spinning to deal damage and then returning to normal. Bad Endlag, little ground covered.

Get-Up Attack: Breakdance spin before standing (Stay Fresh~)
Ledge Attack: Inkling gives a quick shot to the ground before climbing up.
U-Tilt: Tentacles jut upwards like spikes (:4charizard:'s wings)
F-Tilt: Sweep of the Paintbrush (:4shulk:'s Monado)
D-Tilt: Spins along the ground as a squid forward and back (:4palutena:'s staff)

U-Smash: Overhead swing of a roller (:4myfriends:'s)
F-Smash: Charges up a burst of Splattershot rapid fire (:4miigun:)
D-Smash: Slams down a roller ahead and then behind (:4ganondorf:'s kick)

U-Air: Swings a Charger overhead
N-Air: Spins around in squid form, tentacles outstretched (:4kirby:)
F-Air: A quick Splattershot bullet (:4villager:)
B-Air: Fires a Blaster behind them, having a close ranged blast which launches Inkling forward (:4rob:)
D-Air: Slams the Paint Brush down, spikes (most similar to :4olimar::4alph:'s)

Grab & Pummel: "Headbutts" and extends out tentacles to grab (:4yoshi:)
U-Throw: Tosses enemy up before impaling them with thrusted tentacles.
F-Throw: Flings opponents away.
B-Throw: Spin & Fling
D-Throw: Spikes the opponents to the ground

Specials
Up B: Super Jump - Inklings charge up in Squid form before launching into the air (:4fox::4falco: charge but with increased distance and :4diddy:'s maneuvering).
Up Custom 1: Quick Super Jump: Half the charge time, 75% of the distance launch.
Up Custom 2: Stealth Jump: 1.5x the charge time, but Inkling becomes invisible for the duration of the move.

Neutral B: Splattershot - A weak rapid-fire projectile with range about 75% of battlefield.
Neutral Custom 2: Aerospray - More damage, somewhat reduced damage and range (60%).
Neutral Custom 3: Blaster - Shots explode on contact for heavier damage, short range (40%)
(Effectively trying to get a Fox-Falco-Wolf situation)

Side B: Splat Charger - Taking a full second to charge, fires out a long ranged (full length of battlefield) shot with a low arc that drips ink below it which acts as terrain applied to the platform underneath the shot as it flies. Ink disappears when any player walks over it or after 5 seconds. Inklings get an agility boost if in squid form while running over it. Enemies receive a ~20% speed and first jump height reduction while standing/running over/through it.
Side Custom 1: Squiffer - Charge is faster (0.5 sec) and has more range, but ink lasts for half as long.
Side Custom 2: Splatter Scope - Charge is slower (1.5 sec) but damage of the shot is increased. Ink unaffected

Down B: Splat Bomb - Inkling tosses forward a small explosive with a 3 second fuse. Can be picked up but will detonate when held. Initial toss is half the length of battlefield.
Down Custom 1: Burst Bomb - Lesser damage but explodes on contact.
Down Custom 2: Seeker - The explosive lands at half the distance and chases along the ground like a Mechakoopa. Small damage, 5 second fuse.

Final Smash: RELEASE THE KRAKEN: Inkling achieves an ultimate stage of temporary evolution. They have enhanced speed and jumping ability at the cost of only having one jump at a time. A/B causes the Kraken to do a lunge forward, spinning to deal large damage while X/Y (or tap jump) causes the enhanced jump while drilling into the air, likewise dealing heavy amounts of damage. The Kraken releases a trail of standard ink behind it.

Animations
Entrance: A large dark portal appears on the ground and Ganon rises from it.

Walk: Simple Jog
Run: Dashing forward, gun held down
Crouch & Crawl: Squid Form, defaultly is slower than Inkling running speed and with a weaker jump but is faster in Ink and jumps higher from it..

Taunt 1: "Stay Fresh~" pose to the screen
Taunt 2: Tosses Splattershot into the air and catches it (:4zss:)
Taunt 3: Checks Splattershot, gets ink plastered over their face, and shakes it off (as Cap'n' Cuttlefish does if you spray him)

Victory 1: Pistol-type victory animation.
Victory 2: Charger-type victory animation.
Victory 3: Roller-type victory animation.

Victory Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_gGClKqPMA Fits best.

Defeat: Squid form Inkling claps its tentacles together
How will the moves involving inklings tentacles work if there's a boy alt skin

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I hope that if they do get a reveal trailer that they stay hidden in the beginning and you just hear a muffled drum beat like when you start the game up and then they rise of there ink and the music blasts.

Burruni

Smash Hero
How

How will the moves involving inklings tentacles work if there's a boy alt skin
All tentacle based moves involve the head being "flung" in the direction first, and the tentacles would then have an active hitbox from the head outwards as they stretch just like the girls.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm a squid now.

Well I was already a supporter, but now I've actually bought the game and played it.

100%'d it in one go on the night I got it, at that.
Haven't touched it since though.

mark welford

Smash Ace
If Inkling was to become a character I wonder what the trophy description would be for that little anemone girl and would those TV sisters come together or separate when it comes to trophies.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
If Inkling was to become a character I wonder what the trophy description would be for that little anemone girl and would those TV sisters come together or separate when it comes to trophies.
1) I'm not sure if DLC characters can exactly add more standard trophies.
2) Callie & Marie would definitely be a combined trophy "Squid Sisters." The major question is if their relation to a third character would be in the trophy or not, because this game's been... hypocritical about how it handles spoilers.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1056397

This just in, Splatoon debuts in Japan at about 145k!
So since Splatoon did really well In it's first week of debut can people finally stop saying that it was going to bomb like the Wonderfull 101 did. A lot of people said this prior to their release and whenever they say it sucks I'm just going to link them to this. Splatoon is doing great in terms of both reviews and numbers.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
I mean W101 (unfortunately) sold a bit above 5k its first week in Japan for comparison.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Hey guys! First off, sign me up for a supporter of course. :) Secondly, I just finished working on a moveset for Inkling over at Make Your Move 17, the contest where anyone can submit any moveset, and I thought y'all might want to use it! Feel free to add it to the OP and all, as long as you give me credit :)

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I really like the Squid Sisters, but I'm getting sick of "breaking news" that's the same bloody announcement every time.

I really hope that Ika Musume costume isn't Japan exclusive, it's bad enough I cant get the schoolgirl outfit.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I've been interested in the idea of the Inklings getting into Smash, but I thought it'd happen inevitably, and while I liked the premise of Splatoon, I couldn't really get into it, so I didn't check up on this thread.

That said, I now have the game and have cleared single-player mode and am at Level 11, and I've grown attached to these kids/squids. I also may or may not be obsessed with the game.

You can consider me a supporter.

Top Bottom