• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
All tentacle based moves involve the head being "flung" in the direction first, and the tentacles would then have an active hitbox from the head outwards as they stretch just like the girls.
So they will have the same hitbox either way. Makes more sense

mark welford

Smash Ace
Splatoon is only beaten by Smash, NSMBU and MK8 in terms of 1st week sales but that is to be expected of Smash and the Mario franchise. Splatoon might of just cemented itself as a IP and we may see Inkling as a newcomer 7-8 years from now in the place known as the Smashverse.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Splatoon is only beaten by Smash, NSMBU and MK8 in terms of 1st week sales but that is to be expected of Smash and the Mario franchise. Splatoon might of just cemented itself as a IP and we may see Inkling as a newcomer 7-8 years from now in the place known as the Smashverse.
Or 7-8 months from now as DLC.

Burruni

Smash Hero
WE GOT A LEAK

I don't believe it, but even if it was real I don't want a Mario Amiibo.
Every previous Amiibo usage shown by Nintendo has been showing off what it does in game. This doesn't. I call fake.

Neither do I. I do want a Fludd or Shadow Mario Paintbrush in the game though.
I want THE BASE PAINTBRUSH IN THE GAME. Seriously, we saw it at the first major trailer. It's in the current commercials, and IT'S ON THE FLIERS NEXT TO THE BATTLE DOJO

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I was against this, very much, until I got Splatoon and set my new Inkling Amiibos amongst my Smash Bros Amiibos... they just seem to fit.

Darnit, now I support the Inklings!

Side note, Splatoon is great fun! If you haven't gotten your hands on it, do it soon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Neither do I. I do want a Fludd or Shadow Mario Paintbrush in the game though.
That would be awesome! FLUDD and the paintbrush could be used to shoot ink... kinda like the NES Zapper is used to shoot ink. I also want Super Scope in the game too. :awesome:

I think it would be awesome to have Super Mario Sunshine stage in Splatoon... maybe Delfino Plaza.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hello everybody.

My name is Chapter Serf. I may well be Isaac's biggest supporter for Smash, but I'll be honest. I'm loving Splatoon. And while I think the Splatoon Mii Outfits are hurting Inkling's chances on getting in, I still want Inkling4Smash.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys, please.. I'm doing my E3 bets right now, and can you guys update me the status of the Mario Sunshine DLC thing? .. What's the consensus?.. People think it's real? Or has been proven fake?
--In any case, I think there are high chances for a bigger DLC being shown for Splatoon at E3, don't you think?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys, please.. I'm doing my E3 bets right now, and can you guys update me the status of the Mario Sunshine DLC thing? .. What's the consensus?.. People think it's real? Or has been proven fake?
--In any case, I think there are high chances for a bigger DLC being shown for Splatoon at E3, don't you think?
It's fake. If any of you UNCULTURED AMERICAN SWINE checked the source, it says "If only" in french, or something to the same effect.
Also, EVERY other time Nintendo has shown off Amiibo support, it's shown what happens IN GAMEPLAY, this doesn't.
And most of all... Splatoon is going wild off of it's own material right now with little expansions in dlc happening throughout the weeks.
There's no reason to "hype" it up with this new amiibo support.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's fake. If any of you UNCULTURED AMERICAN SWINE checked the source, it says "If only" in french, or something to the same effect.
Also, EVERY other time Nintendo has shown off Amiibo support, it's shown what happens IN GAMEPLAY, this doesn't.
And most of all... Splatoon is going wild off of it's own material right now with little expansions in dlc happening throughout the weeks.
I had a feeling it was fake myself too... but seeing it nevertheless doesn't change how much I wish this would happen... ._.

I REALLY hope Nintendo does some crossover franchise promotions with amiibo, in some form... it just makes too much sense XD

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Aw.. it's a bummer then; I liked the idea; =\.. But I'll maintain the Splatoon DLC at my E3 bets.. after all, even if it's minor (new arenas and weapons), they would want to show off in the Digital Event; it's advertisement after all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Amiibos content are a tough thing to decide.

Having more compatibility give the Amiibos more interest, but at the risk of thinking "Nintendo lock several content to sell amiibo".

Choosing what content is for Amiibos is also important. Splatoon giving only cosmetic things through Amiibos is great, but if there's too much of them, it may have a negative impact.

I'm all for Amiibo costumes in Splatoon, though! Give me Wario's jean jacket, Link's outfit, Mario's cap, and THIS

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Having more compatibility give the Amiibos more interest, but at the risk of thinking "Nintendo lock several content to sell amiibo".

Choosing what content is for Amiibos is also important. Splatoon giving only cosmetic things through Amiibos is great, but if there's too much of them, it may have a negative impact.

I'm all for Amiibo costumes in Splatoon, though! Give me Wario's jean jacket, Link's outfit, Mario's cap, and THIS
The inkling in that image doesn't look too enthusiastic about that outfit... XD

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The inkling in that image doesn't look too enthusiastic about that outfit... XD
Nah it's just to keep TP Zelda's serious look :3
(no need to bring back Zelda's picture with the goofy face and Rosalina behind her).

But seriously, there's potential with the Smash Bros characters for Amiibo costumes.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457

Knew you would like Burruni,

I'd love to see a ZSS amiibo costume.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I almost posted this picture instead lol

Burruni

Smash Hero

Knew you would like Burruni,

I'd love to see a ZSS amiibo costume.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I almost posted this picture instead lol
I'm a scrub who can't aim and has been devising RollerStrats for each stage.
Being able to have something beyond TWO WEAPONS (Because both versions of the Dynamo Roller are bad imo... and yes there are only 4 rollers in the game) is uplifting.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm a scrub who can't aim and has been devising RollerStrats for each stage.
Being able to have something beyond TWO WEAPONS (Because both versions of the Dynamo Roller are bad imo... and yes there are only 4 rollers in the game) is uplifting.
I don't use rollers often but THIS THING
  1. moves much faster
  2. has a better fire rate (I think)
  3. ink-strike
  4. profit?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't use rollers often but THIS THING
  1. moves much faster
  2. has a better fire rate
  3. ink-strike
  4. profit?
1. Has much better speed while being around a third of the width given.
2. Has significantly faster swinging, appears to have similar range for throwing.
3. I personally enjoy the base roller's combination of Suction Bomb and Killer Wail for Ranked, Krak-On roller's Beakon with Kraken for turf war.
4. The Dynamo roller is ATTROCIOUS in firing rate, for both the normal and Golden version of it.

mark welford

Smash Ace
The "It's about damn time" is moreso about the Ink Brush that tbh should have been in the main game finally getting in as content
I know I just wanted to have a little fun with the thing.:wolf::troll: Seriously though I don't like Lebron james.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, I just beat Splatoon's story mode..

Wow..

That has to be one of the best final bosses Nintendo has ever done! It's frantic and challenging, yet satisfying to beat. The Squid Sisters version of the final boss theme is now my favorite song in the game.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I know right. We've heard about this paintbrush weapon since when? Last year?! And we're just now getting it. I really did wish that some things were in the main game from the beginning like the stages. I mean it's great to have DLC and all but don't overdo it. They probably wanted this to be their summer game for the year., and want it to be out as soon as possible during the summer months. Well, shouldn't be complaining at least we finally got it.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I could see the Inkbrush being a jab for the Inklings. Similar to Villager's where you can just keep pressing it over and over.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Inkbrush is FAST. About double of swim speed!
Yes, it is fast... but it seems a bit too weak and has a very small range. Maybe I need to wear equipment that boosts defense and offense.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is fast... but it seems a bit too weak and has a very small range. Maybe I need to wear equipment that boosts defense and offense.
It's mainly just a cover the turf type of weapon. I've gotten up into 800p without the win bonus. For splatters they are very situational, you have to sneak up on someone and quickly spam zr in order to get the splatter.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I... really really don't know how to feel about the brush, as a roller fan.

It gives you Kraken speed and the ink trail of it.

But it requires 5 collisions with someone or 4 proper hits of a splatter to get a kill and it seems best used for Ranked. Lead with a thin ink trail your team can follow behind and then splatter all you can with your sweeps.

Edit: Took it to ranked. Never again. You are incapable of applying pressure with it. I renounce this weapon.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Some Splatoon fanart made by the author of My Hero Academia, Kōhei Horikoshi.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I could see the Inkbrush being a jab for the Inklings. Similar to Villager's where you can just keep pressing it over and over.
It could be (I have it as the forward tilt in my set I posted earlier), but now I'm thinking about how it could work as a custom special (to the roller, of course). It would be faster and more efficient on Ink than the roller, but deal less damage and have a different "tap/mash" attack.

Top Bottom