• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Ok. I have something REALLY cool to show you guys.

This adorable little Splatoon squid is CUSTOM MADE. Completely from scratch!! ^_^ I really love how this thing turned out.. Of course I want to know what you guys think of it though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So we have Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel, Blackbelly Skatepark, and Urchin Underpass... they are all fantastic... but I still want more arenas to battle... I would have liked a DLC arena based on the 8-bit Blooper sprite and another DLC arena based on the 8-bit Octorok sprite... both arenas would be very symmetrical just like the other arenas.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So we have Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel, Blackbelly Skatepark, and Urchin Underpass... they are all fantastic... but I still want more arenas to battle... I would have liked a DLC arena based on the 8-bit Blooper sprite and another DLC arena based on the 8-bit Octorok sprite... both arenas would be very symmetrical just like the other arenas.
well there was that leak not long ago which seems legit now (can never be 100% sure though) which did list other upcoming stages

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I have been so addicted to this game.

How addicted?

This addicted.

Also, the GAF community is great, they made this:

tkscz said:
I've made lyrics to the 2nd multiplayer song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOf5pHFiB4

TEN DAYS AGO
I MADE THIS SONG
BECAUSE OF YOUUUUUUU
I realize that you can't be fooled
I can have this sentiment too
Don't feel low so you can get by
save myself from youuuuuu.
No kindness within empty eyes
save myself from youuuuuu.

(You said "go..go..gogogo I can go go goodbye")
(I say "No no no no no I can stay, You Go!")
(You say "Bye bye... B...bye bye, watch me go" and then go)
(And I think "Wh..wh..why why why" every time you go)
(I say "go..go..gogogo you can go go goodbye")
(Then I think "No no no no no don't go!")

I realize that you can't be fooled
I can't believe...
TEN DAYS AGO
I MADE THIS SONG
BECAUSE OF YOUUUUUUU!
Now I can't hear anything but this when the music plays.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
well there was that leak not long ago which seems legit now (can never be 100% sure though) which did list other upcoming stages
You mean the one that lists Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, and Camp Triggerfish?

I hope it's real... I cannot get enough of Splatoon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You mean the one that lists Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, and Camp Triggerfish?

I hope it's real... I cannot get enough of Splatoon.
thats the one

and as it had port mackerel and as those 3 are from the campaign mode make it pretty convincing from to me

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have been to Kelp Dome in the story mode. I was just thinking the other day that this level could work as a battle arena... good to know it's likely going to happen.

I haven't visited the other two in the story mode... I just got to "world 4" in Octo Valley.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Grand prize winner:
Hmm.. I wonder if inklings can get in trouble for splatting another inkling outside of the stages? (I'm of course referring to that one that threw that ink balloon that is about to strike that unknowing inkling in the head.. lol)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So if Inklings somehow get confirmed at the new DLC direct thing Sakurai is doing on the 14th, i want them to get confirmed during the Mii Gunner costume portion of the direct by ambushing them and defeating them. lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of the NES Zapper... interesting how it's suddenly relevant again 30 years after it's debut. We got the NES Zapper rep in SSB4... then we got the first NES Zapper game on Virtual Console... and now we got NES Zapper DLC in Splatoon... wonder if Nintendo is planning to do something big with the NES Zapper... Duck Hunt X Splatoon crossover?! :awesome:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Speaking of the NES Zapper... interesting how it's suddenly relevant again 30 years after it's debut. We got the NES Zapper rep in SSB4... then we got the first NES Zapper game on Virtual Console... and now we got NES Zapper DLC in Splatoon... wonder if Nintendo is planning to do something big with the NES Zapper... Duck Hunt X Splatoon crossover?! :awesome:
I wonder what the N-Zap '89 will have, Bubbler pls.

Hmm.. I wonder if inklings can get in trouble for splatting another inkling outside of the stages? (I'm of course referring to that one that threw that ink balloon that is about to strike that unknowing inkling in the head.. lol)
Well judd is already there. . . So regradless tere is someone ready to judge the incoming turf war

Im just imagining inklings in an old italian gang and drive by inking throwing ink balloons and sad little inklings laying in a pile of other team ink as the camera slowly zooms out. . .

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rather interesting that you can walk on the floor outside the wall. If Splatoon does get a sequel, I would like to see a bigger Inkopolis, seeing those backgrounds make me want to see more of that city.

Also, found this piece of fan-art.

I love Annie, her and Sheldon are probably my favorite of the store owners.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Level 15 and loving the hell out of Splatoon so far - so definitely voting for inklings to be included. That said, DJ Octavio should also make it in there (I'm sure you can build him a Bowser Jr-esque set) and Callie and Marie should be an assist trophy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About the gear in Splatoon... when you have a gear with two abilities and they are both the same... for example, a shirt with two abilities but they are both the same one like ink saver, does having two same ink savers enable me to save even more ink compared to having only one ink saver? Do I run faster if I have two run speed up instead of one? Do I become stronger if I have two defense up or two damage up instead of one?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
About the gear in Splatoon... when you have a gear with two abilities and they are both the same... for example, a shirt with two abilities but they are both the same one like ink saver, does having two same ink savers enable me to save even more ink compared to having only one ink saver? Do I run faster if I have two run speed up instead of one? Do I become stronger if I have two defense up or two damage up instead of one?
Yes, but you get diminishing returns, at least that's what Judd says.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Diminishing returns? What the hell does that mean?

EDIT: love your avatar... looks just like one of my cats :awesome:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik When you have the same bonus twice, three times or more, the effect does stack, but the second one is slightly less powerful than the first. The third less powerful than the second. Ect.

So you can stack bonuses (had 2 main and 2 secondary Ink Saver for the main weapon, I felt like I never had to recharge my Inkbrush!) but their efficiency decrease a bit each time you add one.

It's not like they give big advantages though, so do as you wish :p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying that. I guess that also applies to two different gear that happen to have the same ability. A shirt and a hat both have ink saver, for example.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It does. It's just a matter of bonuses, not the piece itself.

And if it's primary or secondary bonus, of course.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking about Inkling's special moves in Smash:

Neutral B
- Splattershot
- Splat Charger
- Inkzooka

Side+B
- Splat Roller
- Inkbrush
- Kraken

Up+B
- Super Jump
- Quick Super Jump
- Stealth Jump

Down+B
- Splat Bomb
- Sprinkler
- Seeker

Final Smash
- Inkstrike (had to choose between this and Killer Wail... why not have Killer Wail be an item?)

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was thinking about Inkling's special moves in Smash:

Neutral B
- Splattershot
- Splat Charger
- Inkzooka

Side+B
- Splat Roller
- Inkbrush
- Kraken

Up+B
- Super Jump
- Quick Super Jump
- Stealth Jump

Down+B
- Splat Bomb
- Sprinkler
- Seeker

Final Smash
- Inkstrike (had to choose between this and Killer Wail... why not have Killer Wail be an item?)
One concern, just to lay this out.
Those Neutral and Side B's would require VERY different animations for usage and arguably would be their own moves.

That's a kind of club that's :4palutena: very :4mii::4miif:limited.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Rather interesting that you can walk on the floor outside the wall. If Splatoon does get a sequel, I would like to see a bigger Inkopolis, seeing those backgrounds make me want to see more of that city.

Also, found this piece of fan-art.

I love Annie, her and Sheldon are probably my favorite of the store owners.
She looks like she is going to eat him and she's too kind but my favorite character is the arms dealer.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Get ready for the Smash E3 direct guys. I think we're going to get some curveballs and get something completely unexpected that's going to blow our minds. Because that is what Sakurai does.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
New trailer!

You know I just thought of something.. this is ESPECIALLY important for an online-heavy game like Splatoon..

Could it be possible for the wi-fi to be shut down in the future when a new console is out? I mean I know the Wii and DS wi-fi was shot down due to the Gamespy servers kicking the bucket, but it's still a concern. As, there is no telling with Nintendo if they could decide to cut the cord on Wii U/3DS wi-fi or not...

If this did happen, it would ESPECIALLY be bad for Splatoon, since MOST of it's gameplay is centered around internet connectivity.. Heck it would practically make it nearly worthless. (I mean the Singleplayer campaign is ok, but it definitely can't carry the game on it's own shoulders..)

Another thing: What will the future hold for splatfests? Will those be discontinued at some point? (Since it seems Nintendo plans when to start these..)

All of this just really worries me.

And for that matter, they better have some time frame in between releases... unlike SOME games we know that have a title released every single dang year... (You know what I mean too..)

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Man, even if Inklings don't make it into sm4sh, I really hope the song from that trailer gets in as song dlc, it's just too good.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
New trailer!

WELL THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING

I wonder, since the first Japan Splatfest is this weekend, and ours is coming on the 20th, Will the DLC Maps shown in this trailer be released this weekend worldwide or is it possible to restrict maps from us until our Splatfest is on?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Had to make this gif after I saw the Splat Fest trailer on GameXplain.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know I just thought of something.. this is ESPECIALLY important for an online-heavy game like Splatoon..

Could it be possible for the wi-fi to be shut down in the future when a new console is out? I mean I know the Wii and DS wi-fi was shot down due to the Gamespy servers kicking the bucket, but it's still a concern. As, there is no telling with Nintendo if they could decide to cut the cord on Wii U/3DS wi-fi or not...

If this did happen, it would ESPECIALLY be bad for Splatoon, since MOST of it's gameplay is centered around internet connectivity.. Heck it would practically make it nearly worthless. (I mean the Singleplayer campaign is ok, but it definitely can't carry the game on it's own shoulders..)

Another thing: What will the future hold for splatfests? Will those be discontinued at some point? (Since it seems Nintendo plans when to start these..)

All of this just really worries me.

And for that matter, they better have some time frame in between releases... unlike SOME games we know that have a title released every single dang year... (You know what I mean too..)
That concerns me too.

I wish Nintendo would add an offline turf war mode and an offline ranked battles mode so I can still battle with intelligent computer players by myself or with a second player AND make money... yes, apparently the only way to make money is through online battles... so if we cannot play online battles, we cannot earn money... and then we cannot pay Spyke 30,000 coins to rearrange the gear abilities.

I still play old games from time to time and it would be disappointing if I cannot play Splatoon in 10-20 years from now because the online service shut down. Even if there are newer Splatoon games in 10-20 years, there's no guarantee those sequels would have the same battle arenas and weapons/abilities like in the original game.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
There really isn't anything that can be about Splatoon losing it's playability when servers are closed. I can't seem the patching in a fix for it anyways...

That's far into the future though. Enjoy Splatoon! It'll be awhile before that day comes and hey, I believe it's safe to say that a sequel will happen at some point due to the success of this game so far.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Google translation:
June 11 11:00 tomorrow , a new stage " mozuku farm " is added .
Viewed from the top it's stage close to a square .
Or wraps around from the left and right to the center of the square , you can enter across the bridge of wire mesh .
Are separated in the maze -like in a plastic house periphery that is not wet .

So this means that we're getting it around 7 PM (PST) today, if my subtraction is correct.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So does anyone know.....if the buffs you have on your gear carry over at all into hero mode? i know your inkling changes outfits but do they also lose those buffs?

Top Bottom