• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Super Smash Wii U Tier List by CT ZeRo

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Don't bother replying, I've made my statement, and I'm done with this thread. If you don't like it then keep your comments to yourself rather than offending a top player who is working hard for this community. None of you can be satisfied.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Don't bother replying, I've made my statement, and I'm done with this thread. If you don't like it then keep your comments to yourself rather than offending a top player who is working hard for this community. None of you can be satisfied.
Nobody's offending him though? Lmao.
You need to understand that everyone thinks differently. I don't blame you for being pissed at people saying incoherent things about the tier list, but at least some of us that disagree with it are being civilized. No need to be so angry bro.

Maj0ra

Smash Cadet
I love how he nearly lost to Kirby and got outplayed by Kirby and all of a sudden Kirby is suspiciously high tier. Just saying.

PurpleYam

Smash Rookie
I hate picking top tier characters because i like being different... so far all the people i wanted to main are top tier QQ Whyyy

ryan

Smash Rookie
I agree maj0ra lol, he pretty much says kirby is better than ZSS. I don't even think ZSS is top tier yet. He just ran away and only used over B so who knows? We shouldn't call this a tier list by any means since the game isn't out or the list itself is probably based of who zero can play cheaply with.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I have a question, is this tier list created with FFAs in mind or how he thinks that character might do in 1 vs 1?

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
Tier list is preliminary, so do not take it very seriously. Other than that, though, Kirby is looking to be one of the best fighters for once!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
If people think this is stupid, then they should have the sense to not bother reading this. "0mG itz a t13r 1ist, h0w stup1D, jus+ a b3ta"

Please have the sense not to read.

QUOTE : Smashboards has reached out to CLASH Tournaments CT ZeRo for his thoughts on how the characters stack up. As the winner of the Super Smash Brothers Invitational at E3 and one of the best Smash players on the planet, ZeRo has keen insight on how all the characters are shaping up.
Just going to requote this post for the people who missed it, or the people who keeps saying "Why did he make this?" or "It's too early, he shouldn't have made it."

All Se7en is doing in the quote I quoted was quote the quote...........err read the top of the first post, it's right there.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I will not even give this a remote though until a year after serious playing. I am not trying to be mean, but I will be blunt, this seems like a fanboy waste of time. People from all over the place will be culminating their perspectives to make a solid tier-styled list sometime next year. I really think kirby had a terrible matchup against zero suit samus, and I think zero's answer as kirby being numero uno was rediculous. ZSS had a HUGE advantage in terms of range and speed, and even though hobox played the more skilled game, running away with zss to secure a sudden death was easy due to her speed. She is hard to approach with kirby and easily punished the poor pink ball with an arsenal of ranged attacks.

** this isn't a "why was this list made?" post, this was my opinion on the whole thing in general. I am still a bit burned on how the grand finals ended. A lot of people share that opinion. Regardless, kirby being top tier is BS and seems more like an attempt to justify the strategy used to win grand conference finals rather than an honest attempt to compile a list.

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
It seems I have a natural knack for maining Mid Tiers, poor Villager. I think it's safe to say that all human kid-like chubby Chibi characters from Nintendo will always be mid-tier. Rip Lucas. Rip Ness.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sonic - No one played him!!! Putting him in the middle to be safe.
I don't like getting negative, but I've seen very few things more premature than a tier list half a year before the game is released. There are sooo many things that can change before we get the game - everything's still getting tweaked and rebalanced, so expect this list to be absolutely pointless. Between the "safe" mid-tier placements and the overwhelmingly large number of high-tiers, this just shows how little there is to go on.

Last edited:

courte

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm missing something because I didn't play much brawl, but I don't ever remember 'camping' whenever I play link

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian Most of us are aware. I don't exactly know why Clash Tournament went out of their way to create a tier list based on Zero's opinions when he's only played the game a few hours. Winning a tournament is quite a feat, but after only playing for a few hours he can't possibly understand all the characters (not even M2K with his in-depth analysis.) I assume this tier list as just a social thing to talk and mingle about characters. I'm sure Clash Tournaments know this tier list helps no one. The game's not even out yet, so there's no one who could even benefit from it lol.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
@ KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian Most of us are aware. I don't exactly know why Clash Tournament went out of their way to create a tier list based on Zero's opinions when he's only played the game a few hours. Winning a tournament is quite a feat
I wouldn't consider spamming side b and retreating out of desperation to win such a feat. He probably knew he didn't even have the match in the bag. He applied pressure well but in the end it boiled down to him using mostly the same move. If not for sudden death being ok in the tournament, he would've probably lost, like it should've happened.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I wouldn't consider spamming side b and retreating out of desperation to win such a feat. He probably knew he didn't even have the match in the bag. He applied pressure well but in the end it boiled down to him using mostly the same move. If not for sudden death being ok in the tournament, he would've probably lost, like it should've happened.
Remember that Zero still made it to GF, and Hbox spent most of the tourney camping and avoiding other players. But Hbox had a much more solid performance in GF than Zero and because of that we wanted Hbox to win. But I definitely understand what your saying, all of us cringed when he was trying to time out. Perhaps feat wasn't the correct word to use there.

ryan

Smash Rookie
Hungry had a solid performance the whole time, and actually won everything(not fan voted). Hungry deserves this way more. Zero camped and got the smash ball 4x on the first match, camped the lower plane in Pilotwings the whole match, and then stalled the finals....not to mention (if you count all of his attacks) literally side-B was used more than 50% of his attacks the WHOLE tournament. You only got picked over fan favorite because people like ZSS over olimar(not about the individual player itself), poor AmSa even deserved this more ; ; and now he makes a tier list lol. Cant wait til the full game comes out for 2 reasons, a REAL tier list and for zero to get rekt'd in skill match

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hungry had a solid performance the whole time, and actually won everything(not fan voted). Hungry deserves this way more. Zero camped and got the smash ball 4x on the first match, camped the lower plane in Pilotwings the whole match, and then stalled the finals....not to mention (if you count all of his attacks) literally side-B was used more than 50% of his attacks the WHOLE tournament. You only got picked over fan favorite because people like ZSS over olimar(not about the individual player itself), poor AmSa even deserved this more ; ; and now he makes a tier list lol. Cant wait til the full game comes out for 2 reasons, a REAL tier list and for zero to get rekt'd in skill match
I'm one of the best Smash players on the planet.
My Zero Suit Samus took the Smash Invitational by storm!
Get some advice from the first champion!
and GTFO NOOB. FOLLOW ME ON TWATTAMBLGRAMBOOK!

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
@QQQQQQQ7777777 That was part of the intro done by someone else, Zero didn't type that about himself. Zero is talking below the picture with the Smash Bros characters.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
This just goes to show how young the Smash Bros community is. Anyone who tries to make a tier list for this game at this point should just be laughed at.

This tier list devalues the merit that real tier lists have. Without extensive experience with matchups this tier list holds no weight.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
Isn't this list...idk..."premature"? (yeah, let's call it that)

I mean, Nintendo's not even done tweaking the game, and some people lucky enough to play the demo say that Nintendo's taking their opinions into consideration to make the game better. So of course the tiers are subject to change by release. Wouldn't even put it past Nintendo that whatever data collected from Smash 3DS would be integrated into Wii U and have the 3DS update.

Last edited:

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
At the Pac-Man video... Was G&W really confirmed? He's still not on the Smash Bros. website (not even the JP version). I think that they weren't saying that G&W will be in SSB4, I think they were just showing that G&W is one of the very first video game characters.
It might have been a tease, if anything.

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
Ignoring the fact that there weren't ridiculous combos when people first started to pick up Melee.

The game isn't even out yet, idiot.
I watched footage of Keitaro facing a Nintendo Rep 1v1 with Zero Suit Samus against Wii Fit Trainer.

There were some great combos and techniques throughout.

B1gBandJazZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp4464
3DS FC
0903-3227-6508
Clash Tournaments have posted 1v1 footage of some characters, including Greninja (Keitaro) vs. Pikachu (Doom)

I'm really liking Greninja's dair and shuriken attacks. Pikachu's mobility and thunder jolt look improved in this game, if I'm not mistaken.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Lol what, why did he even do this, a couple hours of gameplay and you try to make a tier list? That's insane! Considering he only got to play some of those characters once, you know he's going by first impressions and this tier list is most likely ridiculously flawed.
Remember, the tournament wasn't the only time he played. He played Smash all 2 days at E3, there's ton of footage of 1v1 play for this game on youtube.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I love Pit, but Honestly from the footage I've he doesn't look like a Top-Tier character, maybe high tier.

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I like Wii Fit Trainers spot on this list at the moment, but I can see it going up

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Why keep Zelda suck so much .... I will still main her anyway. And I hope Samus is better than in Brawl. She sucked without end.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I was hoping Link would seem to work better this time...
but it's still too early to say where he would measure up
They havent debuted T. Link yet so i still have high hopes he'll remain good
i'm glad Bowser and Samus got a boost ^_^

Acryte

Smash Ace
Mid Tier
Mega Man -Weak up close game, but strong medium range game, good escape and tricky
Wii Fit Trainer - Very undeveloped, don't know much, though, putting her in the middle is safe.
Villager - Very weak up close, slow smash attacks, but good tilts and Up/Down Air
Sonic - No one played him!!! Putting him in the middle to be safe.
Link - Faster gameplay overall but much weaker camping game.

Low Tier
Little Mac - One mistake and you're done for! Can't fight platform camping or shield spam efficiently. Not the best grab range. Super powerful, but risky to use.
Zelda - Her moveset lacked strength, speed and range to compete with the other characters. She definitely needs to be changed up a bit.

These are my first impressions. We'll see how the game turns out to be when it comes out! Remember guys, this is a demo, it's bound to change.

-ZeRo - Follow on Twitter!
Make sure to communicate these critiques to Nintendo along with the other players of the demo. We have a great opportunity to see characters get fixed so that they are useful BEFORE launch, since we know Ninty doesn't care about updating moves to make them more useful once the game releases. If it is coming from the tournament players from the invitational they will be more willing to listen to your opinions about how some characters play or why they aren't quite ready yet.

Last edited:

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
Why are so many people knocking on this tier list. It is more accurate than 99 percent of the people on smash bros who say that it is inaccurate and useless. I'm sorry I must be mistaken I didn't know that we went on smashboards to talk about smash (sarcasm). Besides he said it was just his opinion and that it was bound to change. Seriously, can someone please answer as to why people are knocking this I thought that the point of smashboards was to TALK ABOUT SMASH not to knock on people's more intelligent guesses of things. So before anyone continues to knock on this pretty decent tier list, how about you make a real comment instead of just knocking a guy who knows more about this game and smash in general than you do.

Top Bottom