• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Super Smash Wii U Tier List by CT ZeRo

Sladee

Smash Rookie
Little mac.. low tier..:'(
guess he really is an underdog, at least I won't feel bad for maining an OP character
honestly he is not that bad. I'd say the characters are as close to being balanced as ever. Little mac is not the best but with good play he has huge potential. Good play with KO's and especially on flat stages, I think hes pretty good.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Zero, should've saved himself the trouble and kept the list to himself, or declined answering any questions about what he thought. Changes are still going to be made, in addition to other characters, on top of the fact that MU's haven't been deduced to further determine character placement.

I understand this is preliminary, but it's not necessary, and will only accomplish exactly what's been accomplishing thus far, an uproar of, "ZOMG my fave character is totes top tier, and they were low tier trash in Brawl or Melee. YayGawd!" or "Dude the game's not even out yet *derpfacepalm*".

We don't need this yet. There's obvious bias in many placements, aside from the fact that I doubt he played with ALL of the availalbe characters, at the time.

honestly he is not that bad. I'd say the characters are as close to being balanced as ever. Little mac is not the best but with good play he has huge potential. Good play with KO's and especially on flat stages, I think hes pretty good.
With an instant KO punch, and combos in this Smash, I'm pretty sure Zero's going to eat his own words, and anyone else that agrees Little Mac is anything but High/Top. Aside from that, the most we saw from Little Mac was ALL FFA matches, with no room to show for his 1v1 abilities. I'm willing to bet he's going to be a troublemaker in the future.

Don't even know why I'm getting into this...

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
While in all probability we will end up laughing at this tier list once the final game comes out, I do hope Bowser and DK remain so high up. That being said, they will have to do so after copeting with the likes of Captain Falcon, Shiek, Diddy Kong, Miis, and Pac-Man, so I'm not too sure. It is good to hear that almost everyone (except poor Marth) is buffed.

Last edited:

Rja410

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rocketjoe69
To be fair, Melee Mewtwo really had nothing going for it, as it hardly had any pressure options. Rosalina actually has stuff that could make her quite intimidating, especially since Gravitational Pull would render most projectile games useless. And of course, the Luma helps with her approach options.

If you want to stop Rosalina, the Luma needs to be dealt with first, but a very experienced Rosalina player is sure to switch to defensive maneuvers while waiting for a new Luma to spawn.
Is luma like a ice climber where one can die but not spawn back or is it like a pikim with a summoning move?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is luma like a ice climber where one can die but not spawn back or is it like a pikim with a summoning move?
The Luma respawns after about 8 seconds, but it's not like Rosalina is entirely helpless without the Luma, since she's capable of clobbering opponents without it as well. Of course, it may all depend on Rosalina's adversary, as those with a poor reach may run into a brick wall with her.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Little Mac is listed as low tier not because he's weak but because his incredible strength is situational. His aerial game is almost non-existent so he will have a lot of trouble any time an opponent takes to the air or platforms to avoid his close quarters combat and he won't be able to gimp players' recoveries.
Little Mac fights on his own terms so his strength will be determined by the player's ability to enforce them.
That's the same reason why I dont think this should have been made its like kirby for top tier. I know this is his opinion and that's nice but that means kirby being that high is mostly hboxs doing. So maybe if someone else used little macc he probably would have higher if someone else used him.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That's the same reason why I dont think this should have been made its like kirby for top tier. I know this is his opinion and that's nice but that means kirby being that high is mostly hboxs doing. So maybe if someone else used little macc he probably would have higher if someone else used him.
Unlikely. The Mario stage had atleast one section comprised of small, far spaced platforms, Wily's Castle required a lot of jumping to avoid the Yellow Devil and Pilot Wings was nigh impossible to stay grounded on. Combine that with the fact that smash balls dominated this ruleset and there was no way Mac was going to look top tier from the invitational.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Unlikely. The Mario stage had atleast one section comprised of small, far spaced platforms, Wily's Castle required a lot of jumping to avoid the Yellow Devil and Pilot Wings was nigh impossible to stay grounded on. Combine that with the fact that smash balls dominated this ruleset and there was no way Mac was going to look top tier from the invitational.
Yeah I had totally forgotten about that he probably would have only done better if it was 1v1 and flat stages like colesseum with no items on but unfortunately that wasnt the case. Lets just hope he rises up from this.

Last edited:

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
I am very glad Zero gave his opinion on the characters, I love these sort of things. However, calling it something else than "tier list" would have avoided a lot of the bile in here.

As for me, I'm just happy a competitive smash player considers Kirby and Pit to be very powerful characters!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah I had totally forgotten about that he probably would have only done better if it was 1v1 and flat stages like colesseum with no items on but unfortunately that wasnt the case. Lets just hope he rises up from this.
Given the community's preference for no items, simple flattish stages and 1v1 matches, there is no way Mac couldn't end up being better in competitive play. The question is, how much?

ViRuSy

Smash Cadet
NNID
zvirusz
3DS FC
4897-6866-1159
I don't really see the point in making one at this point, though.

The full game is coming in like 4 months (on 3DS anyway, but same thing) and we're probably not going to have any more chances to play the game like we did during E3 and the Best Buy events, so this information is more likely than not going to change drastically over this unfortunate remaining waiting period we'll have to take. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even put up demos of each respective version on the eShops either (though I'm hoping for it).

I'd say a tier list would be warranted once the full game, with every single character, is out. It would make for a more concrete placement for each character, unlike this tier list, which doesn't really mean much since everyone is going to be different in the full release.

No one's stopping anyone from speculating, creating tier lists, discussing or whatever else, though. I personally just think this is unnecessary right now. It's not concrete enough and it doesn't mean much due to the game's current stage.
Its always great to have a perspective. And trust me, ZeRo is experienced at analyzing

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
SONIC

WHY DID NO ONE PLAY AS YOU

*mad face*

Also, Rosalina in High Tier and Little Mac in Low Tier? Surprising. But then, this is a demo, so you never know.

Max?

Smash Champion
Wait, why is there a tier list of a game that isn't even out yet? So lemme get this straight, some guy who wins a super fraudulent tournament by losing on time and then getting a grab in sudden death is now qualified to do a write up on a demo he played for maybe a few hours tops?

**** outta here

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I would have thought Sonic would be at the top, what with his amazing ability to run away and all.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
At the Pac-Man video... Was G&W really confirmed? He's still not on the Smash Bros. website (not even the JP version). I think that they weren't saying that G&W will be in SSB4, I think they were just showing that G&W is one of the very first video game characters.

Vysetron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vysetron
This is super early, based on a demo that people had limited time to play, not set in stone, etc.

BUT DAT BOWZ THO.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Irrelevant in months time, obviously

I disagree about about Pit. His recovery is probably the only thing I don't like since it leaves him extremely vulnerable with some lag after the finishing animation.

I hope my favorite characters are not top tiers. I don't want people flocking over to them solely for the reason of them being top tier :l

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Given the community's preference for no items, simple flattish stages and 1v1 matches, there is no way Mac couldn't end up being better in competitive play. The question is, how much?
I dont want to go for top tier since his aerials and recovery arent that good. So im guessing a high mid tier or a low high tier.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
PREACH PLEASE. So many ignorant people.
I hope you realize that not everyone needs to agree with this tier list's information or the creation of said tier list either. Disagreement is an inevitable thing, whether you like it or not.
There's gonna be people that like it because it gives them a general gist of how good their favorite characters are, but in the end this is coming from a player (Zero) that probably doesn't know how to play them all properly, especially when this is a new game and everyone is different in one way or another.

Then you'll have people like me that think this is unnecessary (at the very least in this current time) because the game is yet to come out, and even if they're an illiterate Smash noob or a smart, competitive Smasher doesn't give anyone's tier list any more credit, especially when no one could've had enough time to mess with the game, not even the invitational's guests. I really doubt a few hours or days or whatever would be enough to get immediately adjusted to the game. Hell, everyone looked like they played somewhat sloppy in the tournament because of how different this game flows compared to its predecessors.

I think everyone should just wait for the full game to come out, then everyone could analyze each character accordingly in comparison to each other. A concrete and well thought-out tier list would prove more useful than something of this kind.

Last edited:

Hidden Pixl

Smash Rookie
I'd kinda personally hate if Kirby would be a top tier character when this launches. I feels this way just because he is a pink blob and it doesn't feel like a top tier character should be a pink blob that sucks you off imo.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Don't know why people are actually tripping over about this. "here's my current tier list. This is just my opinion, though!"

It's one thing to disagree, but there's no need for people to be upset at all. He felt like making a tier list the same way people feel like making roster predictions and speculating over character's moves. All of this is done before the game is out and it's just in good fun.

If you're seriously trying to make character selections over Zero's opinionated tier list, I'd suggest you wait it out and play for yourself. Not even half of the projected roster in on the list. Things are going to shake up folks : )

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's Air Drop (up throw) actually kills now. ALRIGHT!
I glad to see characters like Mario, Kirby and ESPECIALLY Samus get buffs.
but seriously the knockback on some of kirby's moves! ^o^

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I see the word combo appear but i have yet to see any combos.
Ignoring the fact that there weren't ridiculous combos when people first started to pick up Melee.

The game isn't even out yet, idiot.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
If people think this is stupid, then they should have the sense to not bother reading this. "0mG itz a t13r 1ist, h0w stup1D, jus+ a b3ta"

Please have the sense not to read.

QUOTE : Smashboards has reached out to CLASH Tournaments CT ZeRo for his thoughts on how the characters stack up. As the winner of the Super Smash Brothers Invitational at E3 and one of the best Smash players on the planet, ZeRo has keen insight on how all the characters are shaping up.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
Ignoring the fact that there weren't ridiculous combos when people first started to pick up Melee.

The game isn't even out yet, idiot.
I like to say inappropriate things in a place where children go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom