• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info leak about Zelda on Game Informer?

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why the other thread about this was closed and directed to FS speculation thread, this is not speculation this is about a specific statement said or "slipped" by Game Informer, and I want to make sure its true, according to the OP the statement was:

by Nyhustler67:
"post a pic later to what im talking about but i think Zelda's FS is her turning into sheik if i read this properbly i just got the game informer magazine a couple of days ago and it said people like samus and zelda has to do their FS to earn their alter ego "

Horrible grammar? mabye, but the point is that Game Informer might have just confirmed that Zelda's FS is turning into Sheik. ---Has anyone else who bought Game Informer found something along the lines of this???---

If true, this could be a really good thing for Zelda fans, because even though we won't have a spectacular FS (FS might be taken out of competitive play completely if Game Balance is worse with them), we WILL be have a balanced Zelda. Look at Samus, she doesn't seem to be nerfed because Zamus is part of her. So unlike melee where, according to their trophies, Sheik and Zelda were nerfed and then they make up for each others weaknesses (hint: only one was nerfed), both will be full characters.

If Sheik isn't playable from the start of the fight, a lot of Sheik fans will have a hard time swallowing Sheiks new role in Brawl.

We need confirmation, can anyone who has that issue give us a scanning of it please??

EDIT:
"As cool as the other Final Smashes are, Samus' is definitely the most interesting. After knocking foes asunder with a near screen-filling charge beam, she sheds her armor, becoming Zero Suit Samus-like Zelda's transformation to Sheik, only players are going to have to earn their alter ego."

This is straight from the Game Informer magazine with Ghostbusters on the front cover.
hmm thats the real quote, i can't really tell what it means by that, I think by comparing Zamus to Sheik it helps disprove Sheik but thats just the way I look at it, NOW its all speculation, let the speculation begin!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I hope not, and I don't think so either. I'd rather have Sheik nerfed alot and make it to be her down B again. I think it will be some kind of mix between Farore's wind, Din's Fire, and Nayru's love, or just calling upon the sages or gods to do her dirty work.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Horrible grammar. I don't like that Final Smash. If Sheik is in put her as part of Zelda or as a separate character but not as a FS.

iMichael

Smash Lord
"As cool as the other Final Smashes are, Samus' is definitely the most interesting. After knocking foes asunder with a near screen-filling charge beam, she sheds her armor, becoming Zero Suit Samus-like Zelda's transformation to Sheik, only players are going to have to earn their alter ego."

This is straight from the Game Informer magazine with Ghostbusters on the front cover.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman

hmm thats the real quote, i can't really tell what it means by that, I think by comparing Zamus to Sheik it helps disprove Sheik but thats just the way I look at it, NOW its all speculation, let the speculation begin!

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

Is this a nod to Sheik's appearance in Brawl, or just referring to melee to create a link between Zelda and Samus?
If it's referring to Brawl, it sounds like it's confirming Sheik as a B move, as you wouldn't have to earn Sheik that way.

=[

Then again, the same article was in NOM, with character profiles on the next page, and under Zelda's profile it said something like " Will Zelda retain the ability to transform into her alter ego?"

finalark

SNORLAX
Sheik was one of my mains, I'll be very sad if this is Zelda's Final Smash.

Hmm... I wounder if you can instantly use Zamas at the start of the match by holding the A button before it starts.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, that wasn't an info leak. They're comparing Zelda's Melee transformation with Samus's in Brawl, saying that the difference is that Samus has to work for it.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
if this is true (which i doubt) sheik must be pretty **** powerful

i hope that sakurai doesn't go overboard with these transformations :(

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Uhmm negative. Its just comparing the Final Smash Samus and Zamus have to the Zelda transformation she once had in Melee. September's edition talked about how Zelda will be more magically inclined and that will overlook her more physical moves. However, no one made a big deal out of that.

Its my hopes that Zelda won't transform into Sheik.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I agree with the person above me. The direct quote makes it seem like they are comparing the Samus->Zero Suit Samus transformation in Brawl to the Zelda->Sheik transformation in Melee, except for the fact that Samus has to earn her transformation, unlike Zelda, who in Melee just had to hold A at the beginning of the match or press B-Down at anytime in the match. I can understand how a shallow understanding of the English language would lead some people to this conclusion, but I think that your grounds for this claim have been shaken. And another thing, I don't think they are going to try to milk the Final Smash transformation for all it's worth.

And one final thought. If Game Informer had some unreleased information about Brawl, they would bank on the sold magazines because of it. The front cover would be: UNRELEASED SSBB INFO INSIDE!!!!!

goodkid

Smash Lord
I saw that rumor on gamefact.com A CoroCoro magazine representive said sheik is in with brown hair, zelda has light arrows as neutral b and nyru's at down b. The final smash was like changing to sheik, like samus to zsamus. I'll post the link if I can find it.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
From that quote it seems like they are just referring to the Melee transformation...

but I guess when is says "their alter ego" it seems they're talking about both...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Haha, Zelda turning into Shiek through Final Smash. Hilarious. So, Zelda unleashes a widespread spell FS that drains her magic and renders her a ninja? How random is that? Or perhaps Zelda's FS will be the same as using Down B in Melee? lol!

gigasteve

Smash Ace
ZSS was a result of her FS. If that happened to Zelda, she would be naked. ;) Besides, her ↓B move was the only one not revealed, probably because they didn't have Sheik ready.

iron blade

Smash Ace
if her fs is sheik that would really suck. sheik needs to stay as her down b, otherwise that would be a waste of a smash ball.

S2

Smash Lord
If Sheik turns out to be Zelda's FS...

then I'm done playing Zelda.

The coolest aspect of that character was the ability to switch back and forth, you lose that and her main appeal goes out the window.

I main Sheik, but I like playing both.

I may or may not stick with Zelda/Sheik in Brawl... this'll probably be one of those deciding factors. Characters like Pit/Meta are looking ever so tempting to main.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
You know what Cetr, I agree with you. This whole Zelda thing is really getting on my nerves. Why should I be so wrapped up in all this when Pits sitting right there waiting for me to main him? D:

If Zelda isn't separate from Sheik I think I just might do that.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is coming back separate from Zelda.
Zelda in Brawl is Twilight Princess Zelda, if none of you twits have picked up on this. She will be based on her persona in Twilight Princess.
But make no mistake, Sheik will be back. After all, Sheik is a top tier character and a very popular one.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sheik is coming back separate from Zelda.
Zelda in Brawl is Twilight Princess Zelda, if none of you twits have picked up on this. She will be based on her persona in Twilight Princess.
But make no mistake, Sheik will be back. After all, Sheik is a top tier character and a very popular one.
What does the bolded have to do with anything?:ohwell:

And GI was refering to melee. . . . they don't have the game yet and probly only played the Nintendo event demo.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
What does the bolded have to do with anything?:ohwell:

And GI was refering to melee. . . . they don't have the game yet and probly only played the Nintendo event demo.
Getting into a Smash Bros. game is a contest of popularity and cultural significance. Getting into Brawl means a character has some die hard fans and that this character stands out in the video game world.
This being said, Sheik's popularity is too great for her to get cut. Maybe she (he if you prefer) wasn't prevalent in multiple games, but was significant in what is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time and a masterpiece of Nintendo. Not including this character would cause a much deeper impact than cutting Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy.

Coselm

Smash Ace
If the admins closed this thread, why would you open a new one?

And it obviously is comparing Samus to Zero Suit Samus transformation in Brawl to the Zelda to Sheik transformation in Melee, except for the fact that Samus has to work to get hers in Brawl.

It is just a question of grammatical understanding.

But take my word on it, Zelda's FS is not transforming into Sheik.

She will probably still transform with B-Down, or just be completely different characters.

Adreem

Smash Rookie
If Zelda's FS has anything to do with Sheik, I will explode.

I mean....that would just be the lamest thing EVER. D:

Zelda HAS to be her own character

Sheik HAS to be her own character

They just HAVE to be.....Please?? D:

I know for a fact that Sheik will be returning....some legit game site had a quote from Sakurai I think, or one of his co-workers accidentaly saying that they were returning with a Twilight Princess vibe though...

SO yeah, about Zelda's FS:

She should have some Light Magic....or something.

I mean they have magically enhanced her drastically I heard, sooo they need to give her a nice new Bv spell, and a nice spiffy FS!!~~~

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
now i can see why they shut the last one down.
they were comparing samus to the mellee version
why would they be comparing it to something we didn't even no about

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
What it means is Samus can change to Zamus like Zelda to Shiek-but they have to earn Zamus through the final Smash.

It doesn't mean anything about Zelda. Just that other characters change change too, like Zelda, but in Samus' case, she can't just press vB.

Not trying to sound rude.

^^^and to the puking guy above, This Zelda's DESIGN is based off TP. Not her moveset. She even has an OoT costume, anyway! And there's the OoT music too, so Sakurai isn't forgetting about Shiek, plus, the GameInformer site article proves Shieks in.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Okay, about 50 percent of people here are suggesting that Sheik and Zelda be their own characters. I have heard this trillions of times before but who even came up with this idea. And on what basis? There is nothing to my knowledge that hints at the idea. I figure it's just someone who hoped they wouldn't be together so everyone who thought the same just copied that. Unless someone could convince me otherwise with their knowledge, I will forever believe that the Sheik/Zelda separation idea is not even relevant.

^^^and to the puking guy above, This Zelda's DESIGN is based off TP. Not her moveset. She even has an OoT costume, anyway! And there's the OoT music too, so Sakurai isn't forgetting about Shiek, plus, the GameInformer site article proves Shieks in.
Perfectly said.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
That's not really much proof.
The "OOT" costume is a nod to Melee Zelda, if she were to be OOT Zelda she'd be given the exact OOT outfit, but she was given a graphical update of the Melee model, which differed slightly to the OOT model, so that doesn't hold much ground.

Also, there's a difference between including CLASSIC melodies like Saria's song, Zelda's lullaby etc, and including a minor character from the same game.

Sakurai isn't forgetting about OOT.
He could easily forget a minor character from a massive game with many classic characteristics.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
He could easily forget a minor character from a massive game with many classic characteristics.
Uh.. I wouldn't exactly say Sheik is a minor character. In fact, I think it's closer to the opposite..

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
illogical is if sheik is included in brawl. Twilight princess zelda DOES NOT appear as sheik in twilight princess.
.... Why does that matter?! Zelda ALSO doesn't use Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, of Farore's Wind in TP either! Nor does any other character in TP. If this Zelda was based solely on her TP version, she'd be running around in a cloak or with her rapier! Just because she has a TP look doesn't mean they'd chuck her OoT roots.

Sheik's in and that's that. Not as her FS, not as a seperate character, but as Zlda's vB like it always has been.

I bet they'll give them seperate final smashes, both probably doing the same damage and having the same deployment style.

Top Bottom