• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info leak about Zelda on Game Informer?

yuthe

Smash Rookie
Shiek will be back

Shiek will be back, and most likely as Zelda's Bv. Who cares if Shiek's insignificant to the Zelda series or that she became popular in a non-canon game. Most Smash players are casual gamers who don't really care about continuity. Shiek has a lotta fans, and that's what matters to Nintendo. It doesnt' make sense from a strategic/marketing perspective to get rid of him/her.

I personally hope Shiek stays as Zelda's Bv. The whole novelty of Zelda/Shiek is that you have switch between the 2 in order to handle different situations. Hopefully in Brawl, they'll balance both out so that they really do have to rely on each other.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
.... Why does that matter?! Zelda ALSO doesn't use Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, of Farore's Wind in TP either! Nor does any other character in TP. If this Zelda was based solely on her TP version, she'd be running around in a cloak or with her rapier! Just because she has a TP look doesn't mean they'd chuck her OoT roots.

Sheik's in and that's that. Not as her FS, not as a seperate character, but as Zlda's vB like it always has been.

I bet they'll give them seperate final smashes, both probably doing the same damage and having the same deployment style.
You don't know if Sheik is in. Stop pretending you do. What leaves you to the conclusion that simply because Zelda is keeping three of the previous moves that she kept from Melee that she'll be keeping the Sheik transformation?

Sheik was a used up gimmick that needs to stay in Melee. On top of all that, Zelda isn't using OOT moves at all. Shes using the moves that were created for her in Melee. I never once saw Zelda use those moves on OOT. If you have, please provide a Youtube link for me and you'll make my life easier. Anyways, Zelda's DownB can possibly be light arrows. Theres more than enough Twilight Moveset design potential to give Zelda a Final Smash and a re-designed downB that does not warrant Sheiks inclusion. Besides, Zelda NEEDS to be a whole character this time around, not overshadowed and attached to the hip of a lame-*** shemale that was only popular because she was brokem.

My point being, you don't know if Sheik is in or not. So don't try to sound all conformation and confident in your thinking that she is.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
You don't know if Sheik is in. Stop pretending you do. What leaves you to the conclusion that simply because Zelda is keeping three of the previous moves that she kept from Melee that she'll be keeping the Sheik transformation?

Sheik was a used up gimmick that needs to stay in Melee. On top of all that, Zelda isn't using OOT moves at all. Shes using the moves that were created for her in Melee. I never once saw Zelda use those moves on OOT. If you have, please provide a Youtube link for me and you'll make my life easier. Anyways, Zelda's DownB can possibly be light arrows. Theres more than enough Twilight Moveset design potential to give Zelda a Final Smash and a re-designed downB that does not warrant Sheiks inclusion. Besides, Zelda NEEDS to be a whole character this time around, not overshadowed and attached to the hip of a lame-*** shemale that was only popular because she was brokem.

My point being, you don't know if Sheik is in or not. So don't try to sound all conformation and confident in your thinking that she is.
I don't think Light Arrows can be considered for Zelda's moveset anymore. Think of it this way. If they were to consider Light Arrows for Zelda, they would certainly go as standard B. Wouldn't you think? Nayru's Love is the reflection kind of attack and those belong in the Down B Slot. Now all we need is Nayru's Love as her B move to make that true, right? Well I'd say Nayru's Love is about 90 percent confirmed as B. Why do I say that? Look at Kirby's copied hat for Zelda.. it's the same as Melee. If they were to change it to light arrows, don't you think they'd change at least the hat?

So I'd say chances are in Sheiks favor. I mean, with nothing else really blocking out the down B spot (although some might say the rapier but how likely is that really?), and because of the Eiji Aonuma interview.

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
Most Smash players are casual gamers who don't really care about continuity. Shiek has a lotta fans, and that's what matters to Nintendo. It doesnt' make sense from a strategic/marketing perspective to get rid of him/her.
YES! Thank you! That is a great point! Have a cookie you good point-maker you! *gives cookie*

Sheik was a used up gimmick that needs to stay in Melee. On top of all that, Zelda isn't using OOT moves at all. Shes using the moves that were created for her in Melee. I never once saw Zelda use those moves on OOT. If you have, please provide a Youtube link for me and you'll make my life easier.
And you......

I don't like you that much.

But that's not the point.

Okay, yes, Zelda didn't use those moves, but Link did. These moves came form OoT, and Zelda could have easily used them in the game. Furthermore, why would they cut the one thing that she actually used in OoT and keep the stuff she personally didn't use?

Iris

Smash Ace
Because the things she didn't do weren't as obviously exclusive to Link. Sure, he came up with them, but to a person who can use magic, it's not far fetched to use a spell derived from the Goddesses, the characters who've appeared in many LoZ games.

Sheik? Yeah, obviously exclusive to OoT Zelda. Don't say it isn't. Sheik was born from Impa's training and out of necessity to hide. Unless Impa's been in more games than OoT as a Sheikah tribeswoman, and Zelda's conferred with her for disguising herself more than once, then there's absolutely no way for Sheik to exist in any other LoZ game.

Adding a few simple spells that've originated from one game is far different than adding a whole different personality, a minor one who's only appeared once in the many games, that could not have possibly existed in any other games, as a selling point for an already unique and vital character. I'll admit, Sakurai could obviously go either way, but it's just irrational, and despite Smash Bros' craziness, irrationality isn't what they're looking for, it's simply something they're not afraid to come by.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Light Arrows can be considered for Zelda's moveset anymore. Think of it this way. If they were to consider Light Arrows for Zelda, they would certainly go as standard B. Wouldn't you think? Nayru's Love is the reflection kind of attack and those belong in the Down B Slot. Now all we need is Nayru's Love as her B move to make that true, right? Well I'd say Nayru's Love is about 90 percent confirmed as B. Why do I say that? Look at Kirby's copied hat for Zelda.. it's the same as Melee. If they were to change it to light arrows, don't you think they'd change at least the hat?

So I'd say chances are in Sheiks favor. I mean, with nothing else really blocking out the down B spot (although some might say the rapier but how likely is that really?), and because of the Eiji Aonuma interview.

Meh, I don't really think so. Its a little doubtful that Sakurai would change to moveset placement simply because he incoorperated a new move. It just sounds a bit tackey in my opinion. I mean, if the Light Arrows ARE infact taking the place of Sheik, wouldn't Sakurai MEAN for it to be a replacement move? Different opinions FTW.

AND STFU THE RAPIER IS LIKELY D:

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
YES! Thank you! That is a great point! Have a cookie you good point-maker you! *gives cookie*

And you......

I don't like you that much.

But that's not the point.

Okay, yes, Zelda didn't use those moves, but Link did. These moves came form OoT, and Zelda could have easily used them in the game. Furthermore, why would they cut the one thing that she actually used in OoT and keep the stuff she personally didn't use?
Uhmm why? I'm simply posting my opinions on a message board. Do you seriously base your assumptions on people because of their opinions on the internet? Thats kind of.....lame.

Well make sure you keep in mind, she did use Light Arrows. Not to mention they are in the lastest game, which is what Brawl is representing in the currently. She also used them WAAAAAAAAAAAY more times then shes used Sheik may I mention.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Meh, I don't really think so. Its a little doubtful that Sakurai would change to moveset placement simply because he incoorperated a new move. It just sounds a bit tackey in my opinion. I mean, if the Light Arrows ARE infact taking the place of Sheik, wouldn't Sakurai MEAN for it to be a replacement move? Different opinions FTW.

AND STFU THE RAPIER IS LIKELY D:
Now you're just sounding like you can't cope with the fact that Light Arrows probably won't be part of her moveset. Having light arrows as Down B makes as much sense as having Mario's Fireballs as his down B. You're entitled to have your own opinion but you have to let me have my opinion to say that I don't think the rapier is likely. It's kind of moronic for you to say Different opinions FTW and then tell me to STFU for having my own opinion. Sorry if I'm coming off kind of mean, I don't intend to be. :]

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Now you're just sounding like you can't cope with the fact that Light Arrows probably won't be part of her moveset. Having light arrows as Down B makes as much sense as having Mario's Fireballs as his down B. You're entitled to have your own opinion but you have to let me have my opinion to say that I don't think the rapier is likely. It's kind of moronic for you to say Different opinions FTW and then tell me to STFU for having my own opinion. Sorry if I'm coming off kind of mean, I don't intend to be. :]
Wow, you people can't take jokes. I'll make sure not to make any from now on.

Anyways, what do you mean I can't cope with it. Of course I can, its just a game after all. I simply don't want Sheik to be apart of Zelda, therefore I had to defend my arguement. I mean seriously, why can't Sheik just be separate this time? Zelda is a nintendo icon. If their constantly going to attach Sheik to her hip, they need to call it the Legend of Zelda/Sheik.

There was a reason the game developers didn't put Sheik in Twilight Princess. Sakurai simply asked for the designs because he knew Sheik was a popular character in Melee. Seriously, I see no reason to throw Sheik out! Don't get me wrong. But if you people like her so much, why don't you want her separate? So she can use Zelda's teleportation ability? Pure Failage.

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
Most people want them together because they use both of them to win. If not, of couse we'd want them seperate. And honestly, I've never used Zelda just for her recovery.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Wow, you people can't take jokes. I'll make sure not to make any from now on.
I kind of figured that it was a joke. But it really hurt my feelings. D: D: D:

Anyways, what do you mean I can't cope with it. Of course I can, its just a game after all. I simply don't want Sheik to be apart of Zelda, therefore I had to defend my arguement. I mean seriously, why can't Sheik just be separate this time? Zelda is a nintendo icon. If their constantly going to attach Sheik to her hip, they need to call it the Legend of Zelda/Sheik.
I'm by no means intend to say that you can't cope with it. It just sounds like you can't. It might be because you don't like Sheik and would rather have the Rapier than have Sheik for Down B. And by the looks of it, that might be the case. And how is separating them going to solve the problem? It's just giving a character spot to someone that everyone hates as it is.
And no one is attaching them at the hips. They just go together because they are the same person, in essence.

There was a reason the game developers didn't put Sheik in Twilight Princess. Sakurai simply asked for the designs because he knew Sheik was a popular character in Melee. Seriously, I see no reason to throw Sheik out! Don't get me wrong. But if you people like her so much, why don't you want her separate? So she can use Zelda's teleportation ability? Pure Failage.
The only reason I like Sheik so much is because she is a part of Zelda. Zelda = Sheik and vice versa. Heck, I use Zelda a whole lot more than I do Sheik. Now you're just making up false accusations. I've never liked Sheik for Sheik. I like Sheik for Zelda. Saying you don't like Sheik is saying you don't like Zelda. They're the same person... for the most part. Everyone likes Zelda for their own reasons. Mine definitely isn't just because I like to use her recovery to get back to the stage and then transform back. Never.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
... Oh dear. This is looking grim. Maybe I can help out?

Does anyone remember the reactions to Mario's new VB move? Do you remember how you felt or thought about it? I mean, who would've thunk it? They took out one of Mario's key moves and stuck it somewhere else, replacing it with the bizzare new FLUDD. I remember someone suggesting something like that, only to get shot down by a whole ton of people saying it was illogical. Maybe it was. Oh well, they did it.

Remember the very first time you watched the first Brawl trailer? Many, many people thought the Zero Laser was Samus's Charge Beam, just enhanced. Almost everyone agreed that using it wouldn't cause Samus to lose the powersuit and become Zero Suit Samus. In fact, many people thought Samus and Zero Suit Samus were seperate characters. Remember when you finally saw the update for Samus's Final Smash? A whole lot of people felt pretty stupid for not making the obvious connection. It was right in the first trailer!

What I'm trying to say here is: Don't assume you can predict Sakurai. Definitely don't assume he won't do something just because it doesn't make any sense to you. It probably makes worlds of sense to Mr. Sakurai, but we wouldn't get it because we're not in the same situation as he is.

(In regard to the Kirby hat: )
There's a reasonable chance Zelda's moves could be swapped around, even with that Kirby hat.. Just think of Link from SSB64 and SSBM: Kirby's hat never changed, but the move did. It went from a boomerang to a bow, but it was still the same hat (albeit with better graphics). The Zelda hat is actually a homage to young Zelda from OoT. It's the same headdress.

I'm all for Shiek being playable in Brawl, but I have found nothing that could determine whether or not she will be.

Past experience shows that we can't rely on opinions or speculation when it comes to SSB. Characters have had their movelists completely changed around or altered on a number of occasions (such as Link, Luigi, Kirby, and more in SSB64, and Mario and just about every other character in SSBB), so we can't be certain Zelda's special moves will remain unchanged in Brawl. It's entirely possible Nayru's love could end up as her down-B move, and Shiek could be changed to her Final Smash (something along the lines of Wario's? We can't be certain...). It's also entirely possible her Din's Fire move will end up being a standard attack (like with Mario's Mario Tornado. It also fits the 'Let's focus more on her magic' thing too, I guess), as could Nayru's Love. Heck, we can't even be sure about Faroe's Wind! Brawl ain't Melee 2.0, and since I've never played the demo, I don't have even a basic idea of what could or couldn't work in Brawl. I hear the physics are different from Melee's...

In conclusion, don't be too certain of your own opinions. Besides, it's not like us arguing about whether Shiek is in Brawl will change anything at this point. There's only a month to go! :laugh:

Luthien

Smash Ace
Remember the very first time you watched the first Brawl trailer? Many, many people thought the Zero Laser was Samus's Charge Beam, just enhanced. Almost everyone agreed that using it wouldn't cause Samus to lose the powersuit and become Zero Suit Samus. In fact, many people thought Samus and Zero Suit Samus were seperate characters. Remember when you finally saw the update for Samus's Final Smash? A whole lot of people felt pretty stupid for not making the obvious connection. It was right in the first trailer!
Wow... I had just assumed it was... well, that's what I get for only coming to the Zelda forum.

What I'm trying to say here is: Don't assume you can predict Sakurai. Definitely don't assume he won't do something just because it doesn't make any sense to you. It probably makes worlds of sense to Mr. Sakurai, but we wouldn't get it because we're not in the same situation as he is.
Story of my life, here. However, this is a forum; we're supposed to discuss what could happen. It's just important that no one thinks that they are absolutely right. I, for one, hope I'm wrong about a bunch of things regarding the Zelda predictions. I haven't seen people shouting down each others ideas for a while.

I'm all for Shiek being playable in Brawl, but I have found nothing that could determine whether or not she will be.
Same here. However, once again, this is a forum. People have opinions, and they defend them. There's nothing wrong with that.

Past experience shows that we can't rely on opinions or speculation when it comes to SSB. Characters have had their movelists completely changed around or altered on a number of occasions (such as Link, Luigi, Kirby, and more in SSB64, and Mario and just about every other character in SSBB), so we can't be certain Zelda's special moves will remain unchanged in Brawl. It's entirely possible Nayru's love could end up as her down-B move, and Shiek could be changed to her Final Smash (something along the lines of Wario's? We can't be certain...). It's also entirely possible her Din's Fire move will end up being a standard attack (like with Mario's Mario Tornado. It also fits the 'Let's focus more on her magic' thing too, I guess), as could Nayru's Love. Heck, we can't even be sure about Faroe's Wind! Brawl ain't Melee 2.0, and since I've never played the demo, I don't have even a basic idea of what could or couldn't work in Brawl. I hear the physics are different from Melee's...

In conclusion, don't be too certain of your own opinions. Besides, it's not like us arguing about whether Shiek is in Brawl will change anything at this point. There's only a month to go! :laugh:
We know. We just like talking about it. Conversations have become rather civil, because people have come to realise it. However, about the Din's Fire thing; we've seen her cast it on the ground. I know what you meant, though. I just feel like talking.

Tingle_Stole_My_Pants

Smash Apprentice
@Luthien: Yeah, I know. I just felt like letting putting in my own opinion ;)

Intelligent debate is a good thing, and if nobody had opinions this would be a pretty boring place. I was trying to help it out. Maybe my first sentence was misleading?

That, and I take forever to type my posts. I'm always editing them halfway through, not to mention how long they tend to be. I once wrote a 10-part post about what I thought of Ganondorf. Took up the whole front page. The mods there almost had a fit :grin:

Question though: You assumed Samus's beam was her Final Smash, or her Charge beam?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Why was this bumped? The GI magazine didn't leak Zelda's fs or anything similar... it just basically said samus has a transformation now, like how Zelda had a transformation, it didn't insinuate anything new.

Luthien

Smash Ace
That, and I take forever to type my posts. I'm always editing them halfway through, not to mention how long they tend to be. I once wrote a 10-part post about what I thought of Ganondorf. Took up the whole front page. The mods there almost had a fit :grin:
Amen! Lots in common with that...

Question though: You assumed Samus's beam was her Final Smash, or her Charge beam?
Final smash. They had just shown Mario's/Link's right before that, so it just naturally came to mind... I didn't think the Triforce Slash was a revamped bow...

Sorry, deuceblade. 'Twas bumped. Oh well.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Uhmm negative. Its just comparing the Final Smash Samus and Zamus have to the Zelda transformation she once had in Melee. September's edition talked about how Zelda will be more magically inclined and that will overlook her more physical moves. However, no one made a big deal out of that.

Its my hopes that Zelda won't transform into Sheik.

I concur

this is a bogus thread, I don't care if Zelda transforms, sheik could be a whole diff. char. that would be fine with me.

magic beats muscle anyways :3

Top Bottom