• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Fortress does the same thing, only better and good people don't roll anyway.
If done near the ledge it can punish them off out of there shield and into the other parts of the downsmash, its also good after grab jump releasing mk onto BF's platform because a fair doesnt work then and most people will shield to block the fair, if they block the fair they will fall off the platform and land on the ground where u can downsmash instantly. It's also decent at shield stabbing and punishing airdodges, spotdodges, and rolling.

B!squick

Smash Master
I despise DSmash's hitboxes though. While messing around with the sandbag I found out that you have to have Bowser's noes INSIDE of the sandbag's model just to get ONE hit.

D:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, most of the time people will get out of it before getting any real damage done. In which case fortress is better because it's more reliable.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Limit, which ones did I miss? :o I thought I went through all of them lol. Aside from the new ones though.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Vids vs a friend of mine. I know, the Falco is mediocre, aka didn't abuse the CG that much. But whatever, here and enjoy =]

Match 1 [the numbers were screwed when i watched it, it should be fine now]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FoRGHiE7A&feature=channel

Match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFF8zDDZsQE&feature=sub

In round 2 I tried to do the "NAir vs Falco's UAir" thing. I think I hit wiht NAir's weak hitbox but I'm sure our NAir would beat out Falco's UAir since the weakbox traded hits. I might be wrong.

Flayl

Smash Hero
On wifi if you grab Fox go for a grab release klaw until 90%, then go for a grab release DTilt. You can grab release Bowser bomb at 80% but that should only work once because he can shield it.

00:19 was a good time to attempt to pivot grab him.

00:41 you should have at least attempted to edge hog him. If you're not sure you can do that, DThrow him off the ledge and firebreath.

00:44 should have just fortressed.

00:51 you need to pummel if you want grab release into the ground.

01:06 let go of the charge as early as you can if you see it's not going to hit him.

Smash DI his DAirs and UTilt upwards and outwards.

02:53 spotdodging against an airbound Fox is a bad idea, if you see your shield is running low roll to the opposite side of where he's heading. Otherwise he can just DAir->Utilt you anyway.

03:48 perfect time to at least firebreath him.

Nice finish. Didn't mention out-of-place bowser bombs because I'm guessing they were accidental. I think I covered the mistakes that cannot be due to wifi lag.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Lol thanks =D

Everyone is flaming the Falco for not chaingrabbing...even if he did/laser camp it wouldn't matter. I play Falco's often lol.

GreenFox

Smash Ace
Wouldn't matter? I doubt that it might not make him win but definitely improve his odds

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
By the way crzy, in the video thread, what is "Bowser Legends" for? Like really good videos or something?

Flayl

Smash Hero
IMO, Bowser Legends should be the ones that make it to the Best Video thread in Tactical Discussion..

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much any vid or person that consistently shows how Bowser is supposed to be played in high level play. That way we separate those vids from the other gameplay vids, so that if anyone new wants to see how Bowser should be played, they can easily click those vids.

I personally want you guys to nominate them, but as Flayl said, any Bowser that makes it there should be qualified.

EDIT:
And Legends doesn't mean anything lol....I just couldn't think of a name at the time. XD Also, I see the Critique and Video thread are now combined, so when you guys post videos make sure you specify if you want it posted or just critiqued.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Pretty much any vid or person that consistently shows how Bowser is supposed to be played in high level play. That way we separate those vids from the other gameplay vids, so that if anyone new wants to see how Bowser should be played, they can easily click those vids.

I personally want you guys to nominate them, but as Flayl said, any Bowser that makes it there should be qualified.

And Legends doesn't mean anything lol....I just couldn't think of a name at the time. XD
Would my set vs Cable be good enough?

Flayl

Smash Hero
If that's what it takes I'll vote on it too.

edit: I watched a few of the Ixis VS Izaw vids and I'm a bit disappointed on how many ZAirs hit Ixis when they shouldn't have, how he didn't grab release into anything, and how he's canceling Jab into... 1st Jab. Otherwise awesome Bowser, easily second best in the world.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Ok well, seems everyone has already seen them but waited for me to post them. These are friendlies i had against Izaw at TSL4. Those aren't my best performances, no i am not pleased about getting destroyed 4/5 times but good god almighty that matchup is more frustrating than fighting Diddy Kong. As some may have noticed I've picked up a few............... habits, that i'm still break out of. It seems my credibility has taken a whack from these matches but ah well, I'll do better next time, promise.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRj62G7lD-E&feature=channel_page

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRcfJCVMTno&feature=channel_page

Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2sHyjdPU0c&feature=channel_page

Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOod-JvgRY&feature=channel_page

Match 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnxF88npB0&feature=channel_page

Also, did we fuse the Videos thread with the Critique thread? Sorry i haven't been around for a while.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Also, did we fuse the Videos thread with the Critique thread? Sorry i haven't been around for a while.

Yep, if you want critique you ask for it here now. You can also choose to not have your video in the OP because a lot of people wanting critique may not want to publicly show there video.

Other then that it's pretty much the same thing.

*goes to watch videos*

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't see how your credibility suffered from these, your performance was still amazing. And yeah we fused the threads to clear the sticky clutter.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I don't see how your credibility suffered from these, your performance was still amazing. And yeah we fused the threads to clear the sticky clutter.
...and this. You played amazing and your credibility is definitely (or at least shouldn't be) not hurt from this.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Lol Ixis you did fine. You still are one of the top Bowser's regardless xD. You just need to remember to Up-B and Side B more. There were times where you just jabbed into a jab, like Flayl said. I thought you were trying to pull an Ike with Bowser at first, but maybe that's one of your habits. I remember you saying you loved Jab cancelling anyway.

Don't worry, you did great bro =D

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Jab canceling was my highlight, but now things are going too far. Been playing around with options and testing out jab canceling into first jab once or twice and then moving to another move. Despite what you may think from those videos it does work... usually, problem is, where i mean to do it only once or twice i accidentally do it over and over, silly as that may sound. I also have other problems i'm working on, like rolling when i'm trying to Fortress. Let me make it clear that if you ever see me roll, it means i messed up a Fortress. I had a couple other matches as well, a few against Rebaz' Falcon, not sure if i can get those uploaded though...

About the whole credibility thing, people ask why i'm getting 2 stocked by Link who is all the way in G tier but for some reason i fare better against higher tiered characters. I can fight Link just fine, it's just there's little i can do against his Zair which disables every attempt i make to get close -.-

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
. I can fight Link just fine, it's just there's little i can do against his Zair which disables every attempt i make to get close -.-
Run and shield? It's what I do. Maybe you have to predict when the Link does the Z-Air or just Shield Dash towards Link. I mean grab releasing is Bowser's highlight right? So if you shield the Z-Air you'll probably grab him. I'm just spitting theories at you, lmao.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
I also have other problems i'm working on, like rolling when i'm trying to Fortress.
Lol for some reason I do that a lot as well

Limit: The zair allows link/samus/whoever to attack you from a distance and can use the aerial control to back away if they see you coming. It's especially hard for taller characters liek bowser when the Zair will hit more often than on like kirby or someone with a low crouch (sheik/zss).

GreenFox

Smash Ace
No you cannot grab if he zairs it auto cancels itself and has range hitback and you can shield as soon as you land not to mention you can move backwards whyll using it

B!squick

Smash Master
I can offer little critique, Ixis. You do a great job mixing up your gameplay with NAirs and DAirs, yet at other times I thought you were a little predictable which seemed like it usually ended up costing you a stock. You seemed to struggle a bit with the ledge, both in recovering and keeping him away from it, though it is Link.

All in all though, your awesomeness made my piranha plant shoot fireballs, if you know what I mean.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhaIbcBIzCw

C&C^

I already know I don't fortress enough, I'm just getting down what times to use it.
I also know I don't ftilt enough. And I fair too much. And do random moves like fsmash.
AHH WHY AM I EVEN PLAYING BOOZER!?!
You can never random FSmash too much. It's, like, the most satisfying move in Bowser's arsenal to land.

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
@my cat owns
great job punishing after he spot dodges klaw! Also nice Uair kills but you should not expect to get those off on good opponents (or even opponents that know that boozer matchup). I didn't get the sense that you had a tough time in that match... in general just tone down the spam (bair on stage, fsmash, etc) add more mixups. Never grab release dk unless he is at the edge (you didn't, but I'm just saying).

The Brown Scourge

Smash Journeyman
Uair simply destroys. Yeah i completely agree about the whole doing better against higher tier characters. I can wreck a diddy with my bowser but i always do poorly when i face ganon mains, lol

Top Bottom