• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INet gamerz....a new addition to the cfl smash scene!?!?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo guys...a new hot lan center just opened up recently in kissimmee, fl....its 8 freakin mins from my house....if not less...and it is beautiful...from a lan center standpoint...this lan center is A LOT better than gigabits....for 1....THERE ARE NO BLACKLIGHTS...also, they have a lot more computer and tvset-ups...the venue itself is a lot more roomy as well...with good air conditioning....there will be no real need for extra tv set-ups....since they have a ridiculous amount of tvs set-up in the middle of the store...there are like 16- 20 tvs...somewhere around there...and 2 big hd widescreen tvs....yes i know those can be a little laggy for tournaments...but im just saying what they have....as far as smash plans...me and vericz are talking with the owner about it...he is completely with the idea od holding smash tournaments...its just a matter of when he has has a good date...and we hooked his memory card up wit all the characters and stages...which he didnt have....so thats fine...but i was just getting a post out there to let you guys know about this place...btw...

as a distance reference...this place is about 35-40 mins southwest of gigabits...peace

-hiroshi

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Looks like a nice place, ewww on the LCD tvs though.

Hope he lasts instead of going out of business in under 3 years like almost every florida lan center.

vericz

Smash Champion
Hiroshi exaggerated a little bit on what they have in his 1st post. They actually have eight 32" flat panel Sony LCD televisions, two 60" Sony LCD televisions and 23 CyberPower gaming PC's loaded with Intel duel core high speed processors and Nvidia 7950 graphics cards. These gaming computers are linked through a gigabit network with a full T-1 high speed internet connection.
About the hosting tournaments, we are really trying to get on him about it, telling him that the turnouts would be decent, so when they do hold their tournaments we will post and hope you guys will are there. We will also make sure they don't fall the same date as a gigabits tourney.
Hiroshi fix the title, it's INet gamerz.
What kind of tvs does gigabits have????

Edit: GIGABITS OWNS

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
I will keep my eye on this. Since Gigabits refuses to hold more than one tourney a month ;)
LOL... I think we need to build another lan center just for all of the tournaments Gigabits holds.

Now what I really wish is our store was twice the size it currently is. Maybe someday right?

vericz

Smash Champion
A bigger lan center would solve all the complaints about not enough room, plus you can fit more TVs and PCs in. That is the one and only problem I see with gigabits, although the size doesn't bother me at all. Oh, and the blacklights as well. Those things kill:dizzy:

h1roshi

Smash Hero
yeah...seriously mwarhead...the blacklights issue was mentioned on b4...and you still think they should stay...but they suck...after like 4 hours of being there you start to get headaches and ****...they bug my eyes...we need normal lighting....thats one thing INet definitely does right...they are very well lit...which is a must for a gaming place IMO, considering it even says in game manuals that you are supposed to play in a well lit area for saftey reasons.....

PLEASE JUST CHANGE OUT THOSE DAM LIGHTS FOR NORMAL ONES....
...it makes me sad, cuz i know he probably wont do anything to the lights at all....ever...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
He stated before the blacklights provide lighting without the glare regular lights cause. INet is set up differently where the lights are hidden behind the wall and projected upwards toward the ceiling providing light but no glare. Gigabits does not have those type of walls so I'm guessing it would be difficult to change the lights they use now. Guess we just have to deal with the lighting.

Oh, and GIGABITS STILL OWNS!!!!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, in a regular setup, the light is output into a highly reflective bowl-like thing, which reflects it onto the ceiling...the ceiling is also reflective somewhat, so the light fills the room. it's a nifty setup and is ALWAYS used for office buildings... Yeah, we had to learn about that one.

But the inclusion of a new lan center is great and all, but it will NEVER replace or be better than gigs...gigs is too good, and you all know that.

I'm also not really sure why everybody hates the blacklights...I've always kinda liked them, personally.

Anyways, another place for CFL tourneys (esp. one that's closer to me) is always a good thing in my book.

vericz

Smash Champion
I think we all like the blacklights at one point. First thing i though when i walked in was "wow, this place has blacklights. everything glows." but after 4 hours I'm sitting there with a massive headache leaving time to time to stop my eyes from pulsating.

I figured out why Gigabits owns soo much. . . It's the guys who work there! They make it so fun especially Cecil. soo. . .

Gigabits AND Gigabits' staff OWN!!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Gigabits owns because they basically let us play there all day. That and the fact that its about a 1/4 mile from my apartment.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
BTW we have actually started renovating the store (yes I know we have been talking about it since November - maybe even before that). At least some if not most of it maybe done before the 17th.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
gigabits owns, hopefully this new place you guys are talking about will hold some tourneys. Melbourne will most likely hit it up if it does :)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
well i do not want INet to replace giga...i simply want it to compliment the growth of the fl smash scene...like i said...i am not gonna stop going to giga obviously...but i stand behind what i said before...from a lan center standpoint alone....INet completely outdoes gigabits....im sorry but it just does..once you go there you'll say the same thing...but giga is just fine considering that we dont go there to use the computer stuff or other games..we go for smash tournaments...and seriously...anybody who goes to giga should also go to INet...i mean its 40 mins away from giga tops...and for some people....those that live closer to the west coast...its closer...its also closer to people coming from the south...the onwer was very accomadating as far as listening and agreeing to the ideas that we had for him...when they hold a smash tournament there...its gonna be run well with real mlg rules...i am gonna start and talk to him more about it...as a matter of fact...he has a smash tournament that he has planned for the near future...he just doesnt want to overlap tournament in the same day....so yeah...look out for this place..very, very, good smash venue IMO..peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
I agree completely with hiroshi, INet will not replace Gigabits it will only increase the amount of local tournaments we have, if they decide holding them, and possibly get more people into the smash community. We are not giving up on giga or saying we would rather go to INet for a tourney, gigabits is still the smash hotspot. As hiroshi said, this is also closer to some smashers who live on the west coast and even very close for Melbourne crew and is especially close to us, WATO. Some people may decide they do not want to come here but I see no reason at all not to give it try. We will keep you guys posted.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
BAD NEWS

i was talking with the owners wife and i was telling her more about the smash tournaments, and she was saying that they dont wanna do like big money tournaments. just dumb little ones where you win like free hours to play there and maybe like a hirt or something....LAME....i was so upset when she told me that...she was saying how she was talking to her husband and he was saying that's not the kind of tourney they wanna run...i was zomgxorz1!1!11...wtf....i am gonna try and talk to the husband and convince him that we want real tournaments with real payouts...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
Wow. It would be so much better if the winnings were cash prizes. Hopefully we can get them to change their minds. It's not a real tourney if you don't win cash.:(

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Wow. It would be so much better if the winnings were cash prizes. Hopefully we can get them to change their minds. It's not a real tourney if you don't win cash.:(
yeah, you'd have a hard time getting anyone to travel to the place if they dont have cash payouts. I'm guessing we would prolly still go though

dguy6789

Smash Lord
The money thing is a let down. But hey, perhaps it will cost less to enter. Smash is still Smash. I come for the enjoyment of it.

vericz

Smash Champion
Yeah, but if you were to win and get those free hours, when will you use them?? It would be like traveling to gigabits for 1 hour to win free hours to a place that far away. I would still go but it's not a fair payout for people traveling out that far.

vericz

Smash Champion
then i might not even join. 20 dollars is high for no prize money at all, and I don't want to become a member just yet. And I bet if we go for friendlies they will charge us as well. I may check it out but if thats how it really is I'm sticking to gigabits only. I guess talking with them won't change their minds.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Just tell him the average profit a tourney brings in. I'm fairly certain Gigs makes well over $500 each tourney.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
But I guess they want all the money, who knows. We will talk to them.
lol, only problem is if they want ALL of the money, they won't be getting any, cause people aren't gonna show up without a pay out :(

vericz

Smash Champion
True, but if tourney entry fee is $20, then whoever joins is basically paying for an all-day pass and a prize that includes free hours. That is exactly what members of INet get if they buy hours I believe.
If there is no payout, and entry is $20, I just don't see a point in smashing there. We should just hold a tourney at one of WATO's members house and actually have a large payout with little going to the host to provide the tournament. I would be willing to do this, but there is no way to do it at my house. My mother is sooo strict.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
True, but if tourney entry fee is $20, then whoever joins is basically paying for an all-day pass and a prize that includes free hours. That is exactly what members of INet get if they buy hours I believe.
If there is no payout, and entry is $20, I just don't see a point in smashing there. We should just hold a tourney at one of WATO's members house and actually have a large payout with little going to the host to provide the tournament. I would be willing to do this, but there is no way to do it at my house. My mother is sooo strict.
we were thinking about holding a tourney of some kind at vijn's, rfx's, and jarlax's place at some point. Theres a lot of room, and no parents to worry about. Just small talk though, hopefully we actually do it ;p If we do it'll prolly be in the summer or something.

Top Bottom