• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INet gamerz....a new addition to the cfl smash scene!?!?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i couldn't have waited...i had to meet up with the guy who was gonna sell my the integra...danny was saying something about him talking with the owner....saying how he would do money pay-outs...but like he can't because their were some rules that he coulsnt yet..like the local community leaders or sumthing...wow..idk...just talk wit danny..forwhatever reaosn he cant do it yet......peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
nah...my dad didnt like the car..so i think i am just gonna boost my civic...but i was talkig to phil yesterday about it..he said he was thinking about it...but it would have to be way down the line..and he said that the state or whatever didnt want him to do that because it was gambling...and his wife is like completely disgusted by the idea of having like 35+ people there trying to win money..i keep trying to make good points but they're like..."idk"...atleast phil is "somewhat' considering it...as long as he can get around the state thing....then i think with enough bothering we could convince him to hold atleats one to see how it turns out...then he'll probably see that its just fine and might do more....BUT...there tv's SUCK...HD's are soooo freaking laggy...atleast the big screen tv's are playable...BTW...i think i can make it to the tourney at inet since i dont work till 5 and he said it was gonna be early in the morning to like 2-4'ish...i'll just go in my wendys closthe and go staright there...so yayuhz for that...peace

-hiroshi

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, it's not considered gambling because it's not a game of chance. It's a competition where you are using skill to win a prize. I'm not sure how someone would confuse that.

Is NASCAR gambling because everyone out there is there to win the prize? NO.

Now betting on a tournament or event is gambling, a tournament or competition for cash prizes is not.

Also florida does have some rules on this but only if the prize is over $1000 per player.

I highly doubt that will ever happen.

vericz

Smash Champion
really hope they give the cash prize. Mwarhead is right though, its not gambling and I hope we can convince them about it. And it won't cause trouble trying to win cash, smashers usually like the competition and it's fun.

vericz

Smash Champion
no luck, their first smash tournament is doubles only, limited to 16 people, and the prize is $50 gift card to EB, and entry is 20 bucks a person. Oh well, hopefully we can change their minds but we will be going since it's close.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
no...i went there the day i went to your house and only two teams had registered...she was saying howa lot of people just show up the day of the tourney to play....soo we shiuld be fine...i want to get those gift cards...use it for brawl i guess...or maybe we can ask them to keep the freakin gift card and give us 50 bonez...peace

-hiroshi

vericz

Smash Champion
chris- Ray wants to team with you for Inet if you can go. Let me know later today so I can tell him.

And yes, I would rather have 50 bonez than a gift certificate. Or at least a real cash prize. We should talk to them about it. The price is way too high for a prize like that.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Gift certificate lol. It's always fun going and wrecking noob tourneys though, so have fun. We'd come but the prize definately isn't worth the drive.

vericz

Smash Champion
Sheer, thats a good idea, lol. We will try to convince them though about cash prizes and a singles tournament. Plus its only 16 teams allowed so if you guys do come and its full the drive was for nothing. I suggest you guys just wait and see if we can change their minds. It's only about 5 minutes from us and isn't worth the 40 minute drive for you guys.

Top Bottom