• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA thread, Register your names for the first post!

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
List?

Maybe AC isn't around anymore. Anyone want to start Fort Wayne (bi-)weeklies?

KishPrime

BRoomer
Bring TVs and Cubes if you can. I'm back to having one full setup again at least. I did lose one of my melee copies at FC. :(

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
How many would be interested in having Smashfests in Huntington. Possibly tournaments. I know an owner of a Collectible Card/Paintball/Video Game place who might be interested if I tell him I have some players who are interested. I'll bring it up sometime soon to him.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Alright, so I have 2 copies of Melee, 3 Cubes, and 1 TV confirmed for tonight, with another setup as a maybe.

We also have 2 new people, plus 3-4 of the old...would help to get one more TV if anyone can bring one!

MintJulep

Smash Rookie
ggs, everyone at Prime's. I'm still in Carmel for the weekend, if anyone wants to meet up again.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I feel kinda like a rag doll right now... but it was fun and I'm kinda pumped for next next week now. :laugh:

Sorry if I came off as rude, I was nervous as hell but I had a ton of fun!

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha sorry AC doesn't check the boards a whole lot... to be honest I think he's on his 360 a lot and not online... I am the contact you need... anyways

Yes there is one this saturday at 7:30... we started them out as biweeklies but then enough people wanted to come every week...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=314+Putnam+St,+Fort+Wayne,+IN+46808,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

He is at Putnam and andrew

park on Andrew

his cell is 260-437-1037 call him when you get there because i can't remember the address i just know the house

just say you are from smash boards and that matt gave you his number

hopefully you will be there!! all of the regulars should be there

Edit:

OH and usually we don't have enough people to do a tournament because somebody shows up later or has to leave early but with more people coming... we can have mini tourneies YAY!!

So bring $5 in ones because we won't make it more than $5 but we might do a regular and then a low tier or something... do it 60-30-10 probably

and we all know that AC is going to win but you shouldn't care since he's hosting it.... think of it as a cover charge or whatever

and my cell is 260-615-5367...

KishPrime

BRoomer
Thanks to everyone who made the trip! We'll have another one in another couple weeks.

malva00

Smash Master
I just had an older CunningKitsune in my dreams. He was my mom's new boyfriend from seattle. I saw them together at the buffet watching a mexican show together. My mom was like "look at these pics he took from seattle" and i looked at them but they were nothing special.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Ha ha sorry AC doesn't check the boards a whole lot... to be honest I think he's on his 360 a lot and not online... I am the contact you need... anyways

Yes there is one this saturday at 7:30... we started them out as biweeklies but then enough people wanted to come every week...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=314+Putnam+St,+Fort+Wayne,+IN+46808,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

He is at Putnam and andrew

park on Andrew

his cell is 260-437-1037 call him when you get there because i can't remember the address i just know the house

just say you are from smash boards and that matt gave you his number

hopefully you will be there!! all of the regulars should be there

Edit:

OH and usually we don't have enough people to do a tournament because somebody shows up later or has to leave early but with more people coming... we can have mini tourneies YAY!!

So bring $5 in ones because we won't make it more than $5 but we might do a regular and then a low tier or something... do it 60-30-10 probably

and we all know that AC is going to win but you shouldn't care since he's hosting it.... think of it as a cover charge or whatever

and my cell is 260-615-5367...
I can't believe in order to get to Fort Wayne from South Bend you have to go all the way East and then South. Are there usually at least 10 people there?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=8...-86237992,664573780194061728&ie=UTF8&z=9&om=1

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe in order to get to Fort Wayne from South Bend you have to go all the way East and then South. Are there usually at least 10 people there?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=8...-86237992,664573780194061728&ie=UTF8&z=9&om=1
we have for sure... 7 but usually we have 10-15

I will call around and make sure people are going.... and umm.. i know a guy in south bend that might be interested in carpooling with you but it's the week of going back to college so I don't know.... we will see... I'll make some calls

okay Jeckyl (terry) said he's going to IU this saturday so he can't make it... so that won't work this time....

Hope to see you saturday!

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
we have for sure... 7 but usually we have 10-15

I will call around and make sure people are going.... and umm.. i know a guy in south bend that might be interested in carpooling with you but it's the week of going back to college so I don't know.... we will see... I'll make some calls

okay Jeckyl (terry) said he's going to IU this saturday so he can't make it... so that won't work this time....

Hope to see you saturday!
Is there a shorter way to get to Fort Wayne from SB like a diagonal path?

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
And does it start at 7:30 as in evening PM? So its usually just a couple hours of smash?

Edit: Reason why I'm asking is b/c it takes 2 hrs. to get there.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm totally interested in coming over to Ft. Wayne for AC's smashin. If I can work it in, I'll be there. I'll know for sure by early tomorrow. If I can come, should I bring a full setup?

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm totally interested in coming over to Ft. Wayne for AC's smashin. If I can work it in, I'll be there. I'll know for sure by early tomorrow. If I can come, should I bring a full setup?
Don't bother there probably won't be room and I can get one if need be...

And my dad confirmed that from south bend going down 33 is the quickest way

Hope to see you guys there!

my cell 260-615-5367

name's Matt

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if I leave by mid-afternoon I should be able to show up there, if not, then I'll be at AC's shortly after. So it 50/50 chance. Unless for some weird reason I decide to go to Smashtality in Mich. which is a 3+ hr. drive

Random question, what were the results for the last tourney? If there wasn't one, besides AC whose really good? I played Terry and he's good.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh maybe i can talk tink into going to an AC fest sometime in the future gotta visit our old buddy aaron cohen.

and for all u guys going there ask him to do six degrees of schwarzenegger. he can seriously link like any actor to ahhhnold. f'in butler from the batman movies.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I should be arriving at Purdue in the neighborhood of 11, 11:30 AM, thereabouts. Iggy will arrive "ideally" around 3 PM, according to him. After we all get moved in and such, we should get some Smash together and start the year off the right way. :)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
What year in school are you and the other purdue guys (if you know), CK? I'm gonna be visiting purdue in the fall and hopefully attending next year. I might have to stop by and see you guys. :cool:

NOTE TO IGGY: a bit off topic but if you see this would you mind if I contacted you to ask you about your major? I'm heavily considering a Japanese/Business major and unless that's changed since I last checked the FC website (in the "About us" section) I have some questions I'd like to ask you. My AIM screen name is in my profile or send me a PM. Or maybe I'll send you one...Thanks! :)

Zedarius

Smash Rookie
Hey all - I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Danny (Zedarius if you want to go by my dorky gamer name) and I'm coming into my Junior year at Butler University, right outside Indianapolis. Is there anybody in the immediate area that considers themself fairly decent who would want to smash every once in a while? I play smash probably 5 nights a week all throughout the summer with some friends I have at home, and then come to school and don't have anybody to play with until I'm home again for random breaks. If I could find some people down here to play with on a semi-regular basis, I would be extremely happy. Check out videos at www.youtube.com/tesserex I'm "Dan," and I play Marth. I'm not anything TOO special, but I'm learning my way into the advanced techniques. I've gotten a lot better this summer, and don't want to lose it by not playing. Anyways, before I repeat myself more, I think I might just go to sleep. It is 2 AM, after all.

Please let me know! I'm anxious to smash!!!

-Danny (Zedarius)

M

meta55

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole smashboards scene. Just started seriously getting into melee 2 weeks ago and was wondering how many smash players there are at Purdue. I'm going to be living in the dorms (Wiley) this year and I'll have a car so traveling shouldn't be a problem. I'd be down for any sessions if there are any. Did a quick browse of the thread and it looks like some of you are seasoned vets, so I'm hoping to be able learn some stuff. I actually really want to get pretty good at this game.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hey meta, if you go to the very first post there is a list of all the purdue players. There are quite a few of them and they're really good.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just got to thinkin' (dangerous I know) that us doodz in the Ft. Wayne area, should challenge you guys in Indy or Purdue or IU to a crew battle. Actually, any big smashfest would be awesome, but I was thinking some regional rivalry would be fun. Just a thought.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it was nice to go to AC's. I had to choose between a MI tourney and AC's tourney but it was great meeting new people. It was nice to meet AC again. Many of you guys said you enjoyed playing against me so that's a good thing, that's more important than whether I won anything for 1st lol. Good games everyone.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Hey I just got to thinkin' (dangerous I know) that us doodz in the Ft. Wayne area, should challenge you guys in Indy or Purdue or IU to a crew battle. Actually, any big smashfest would be awesome, but I was thinking some regional rivalry would be fun. Just a thought.
:laugh: Purdue would destroy us.... like really really destroy us. For there to be a rivalry someone else would have to win... but it would be fun

which BTW sorry FW but IU is still my crew

But an Indiana crew battle would be good...

Top Bottom