• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indiana Social Thread - Composer is back and hosting on January 12th!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Uh.

Xero's super-hot graduation party that I need a venue for. WHAT IF I HOSTED IT OUTDOORS IN A PARK? (There are outlets and stuff but that would be... odd)

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Well the old tourneys should probably gtfo. Also obv link to s2d thread.
I have no idea of any of that has already been done.

SpIn Me ArOuNd

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
So I updated.
It's not a glorious update, as the number of Indiana/Kentucky/Ohio tournaments aren't too great right now. But it's there!

So in the future we could use the OP as a number of things. We could have put the PR there (Kentucky's or Indiana's or both!), we could do a "player finder" thing where I just put everyone who plays in Indiana/Kentucky and where their from to help new players.

If anyone has any suggestions just say so!

1Down2Jared3Money

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
I like the player listing idea. It could also have whether or not they're a driver, in case anyone is looking for those.

SpIn Me ArOuNd

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I like the player listing idea. It could also have whether or not they're a driver, in case anyone is looking for those.

SpIn Me ArOuNd
That's a great idea.

Should we include mains in case people want to ask for advice about specific characters?

edit: Well... less mains and more characters that a person uses competitively. Limiting it to one character would make it harder to get advice. Especially if there is no Peach main in IN/KY.

\KILLER/

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
I think whatever the player is willing to have listed should be added.
Like, phone number, skype/aim, characters used, etc.

SpIn Me ArOuNd

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
I mean some people don't care if they put their phone numbers on threads that anyone can see. Some people only want to VM/PM them.
Again, whatever that person wants.

SpIn Me ArOuNd

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yeah I am not posting my numbe on here. There are some people on here who are pretty obsessed with me. So yeah.

I like the player finder idea though! :D

:phone:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'd probably be okay with my number being on here as long as it mentioned texting me for initial contact.

Because I don't answer phone calls from people I do not know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Whatever. Make a list of players anyway.

Huntington guys

XeroXen
Ducky
R3dman
Trip

And those are all the guys who will be active.

Also Huntington (and maybe Braxton) is attending SnooPingAs usual, I don't know if that merits putting it on the front page.

EDIT:

I have a venue in mind for my tournament so hopefully details soon.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
ok, so i just got accepted to transfer to indiana university.
99% i'm gonna go there... unless i get accepted to northwestern or university of chicago (which is highly unlikely).

hope u guys are active!
I suck absolute balls right now and wanna get better.
I need to find a sensei =)

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
i'm actually just leaving nebraska to get away from ur sheik rob.
=)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm going to be in Indianapolis all summer and just wondering if anyone close is looking to play melee. Just send me a PM if you are.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
HAHA u were hard for my oli to fight though because i am new and dont know how to break the wall of peach dairs
Ooh, new Olimar. Alright, against Peach, camp like crazy; try not to let her get close, and when she does, do everything you can to get away. Also, utilizing Olimar's out of shield Usmash well can make the match-up quite a bit easier (if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a technique where you can basically go straight from your shield to a Usmash without having to drop the shield. This is accomplished by inputting a jump and Usmash at almost the same time while your shield is up. It can punish a lot of moves Olimar cannot normally punish). Also, purples are a life saver in the match-up because you can use them to disrupt her approaches. Fsmash can also be a useful tool for keeping her away depending on how close Peach is to the ground when she's floating. Honestly, it's a pretty dumb match-up for either character just because of how its played. Of course, you could probably get better information than this from the Olimar boards, but I just wanted to throw my own two cents in there.

Oh, and for the record, my tag is KERO and I'm from Lexington. It's nice to see another Olimar (and at the same time, a little disconcerting because now there's more of a chance that I'll have to play an Olimar ditto).

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
lol thanks man. I know most smash technical terms because i play melee ALOT and i have been into that for like a year. I am just starting to get into brawl because i realized that most tourneys are 80% brawl. I just went to my first smash tourney last weekend and it was great !! I plan on getting into more competitive play for both games rather than my original plan of just getting into Melee!!! I still think melee is the better game ( because in all honesty it is just made to be a better competative game) but, I think brawl is also a great game.

Btw do you do glitch runs of MM( and other zeldas)?... me and my friend are decent at that stuff.. he actually wants to do a run one day..you pretty good at that stuff? MM is my fav zelda game and prob 3rd fave n64 game.. only behind banjo tooie and banjo kazooie!!! ( dk64, oot, and sm64 are also great!!!)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes. Kero is probably the one doing those MM runs. Lol see? Now you'll destroy my peach probably. :)

Speaking of Kero, why weren't you at s2d?? And, the sgt frog anime is god like.

:phone:

Sync8699

Smash Cadet
Hey IN! Sync here - I'm a fox player (melee/brawl/64) from Wisconsin, been playing for about 8 years now and looking for a place to smash n' crash in Indianapolis on the night of Saturday the 26th!

I'll be on my way to FL with a bunch of newb-- I mean, friends-- cuz we're gonna hit up the beaches and bars down on the coast, but on my way would be up for some out-of-town smashing! If there are any smashers in Indianapolis with enough room to accomodate four people on a Saturday night, let me know - we'd be willing to pay closer to whatever the going rate for the cheapest hotel in the area is, too. (And of course, play SMASH!!)

Feel free to PM me or reply here guys!

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Btw do you do glitch runs of MM( and other zeldas)?... me and my friend are decent at that stuff.. he actually wants to do a run one day..you pretty good at that stuff? MM is my fav zelda game and prob 3rd fave n64 game.. only behind banjo tooie and banjo kazooie!!! ( dk64, oot, and sm64 are also great!!!)
YES! Well, one. I've done a three day run of the game (some day, I plan to do one without glitches). However, I'm honestly a little more into challenge runs, though. I've done a three heart run and a swordless and shieldless three heart run (the latter of which was pretty fun honestly). I've also planned to do a one day run at some point (heavily utilizing the stop time glitch), but I still need a lot more practice.

Edit: Kassandra, I wasn't at S2D because my dad no longer has a reason to go to Louisville, and currently, if I'm in a car, one of my parents have to be, too (my mother works on weekends). I'm hoping to get my license fairly soon, though.

Top Bottom